IUI starting September! Anyone with me...

Hi Ladies,

Got the results today of my blood test following the first dose of Suprecur and all was fine so I've started doing the injections tonight myself at home - scary !!

I'm taking 100iu of Puregon for 3 days then down to 50iu plus 0.5mg of Suprecur every day. We then go back to the hospital next Thursday (day 9) for bloods and scans to start monitoring for when I need to take the hCG injection and they do the IUI.

When I had my scan yesterday I had about 2-3 follicies in each ovary - any idea if that's seems about right ?

Also, if anyone's on the same drugs as me - should I be expecting any side effects ?

I never have any questions when they ask me at the hospital but when I get home I always think of some - that's where you come in girls ...! Any advice of what to expect over the new days / weeks would be appreciated !

thanks
x

Hi Ladies,

Got the results today of my blood test following the first dose of Suprecur and all was fine so I've started doing the injections tonight myself at home - scary !!

I'm taking 100iu of Puregon for 3 days then down to 50iu plus 0.5mg of Suprecur every day. We then go back to the hospital next Thursday (day 9) for bloods and scans to start monitoring for when I need to take the hCG injection and they do the IUI.

When I had my scan yesterday I had about 2-3 follicies in each ovary - any idea if that's seems about right ?

Also, if anyone's on the same drugs as me - should I be expecting any side effects ?

I never have any questions when they ask me at the hospital but when I get home I always think of some - that's where you come in girls ...! Any advice of what to expect over the new days / weeks would be appreciated !

thanks
x

Oooh, starting the process is so exciting!

Can't help with the side-effects I'm afraid, I was on letrozole pills & didn't get any.

As for follies, think that sounds ok, I actually can't remember how many I had originally, I'm so bad!!! You only need one to mature anyway, or two for possible twins!!!

Good luck!!!:thumbup:

So I'm feeling a LOT of mild cramping, but AF is still a bit away I think. <pulls out her hidden calendar> So today is day 27, of a 32 days cycle, so AF isn't due till next Thursday, possibly next Tuesday (some cycles 30 days). But I don't have any symptoms that would lead me to believe that I am. I keep thinking I would have one sign at least, something, to make me go hmmm... but nope! Nothing! 14 days Post O. and still nothing. So I'm not so sure things are looking up. Still not getting bummed tho, just going to take a long nap. Who knew how tiring it would be chasing 20 children already for 12 hours a day!

I can see the faint line on my test today enough to call it a +... I have betas being drawn Monday to hopefully confirm.

omg MEGG!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!! I wanna know what those Betas are!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!

So I have pains, kinda like ovulation pains, on both sides, so bad! It's like cramps, but not quite. I kinda wonder if it's kidney pain? I haven't been drinking much water, so maybe that's it. Who knows!

I can see the faint line on my test today enough to call it a +... I have betas being drawn Monday to hopefully confirm.

:happydance: YAY MEGG!!! :happydance:

How many dpIUI are you????

:loopy:

Wendy

How many dpIUI are you????
Megg got +hpt at 12dpiui:thumbup:

Quaver is 100% correct! Thanks, Quaver! And, thank you to all of you for listening to my pessimism and indecisiveness... and for the congrats! LOL I'll let you know my beta #'s as soon as I know them!

Hey ladies !

Well just you give you all an update the witch arrived yesterday &#8211; she flew in on a massive broomstick cackling away, the nasty bitch.
Anyhooooo I commiserated with a glass of red and an online ASOS shop &#8211; I may not be pregnant but I am now the proud owner of some foxy peg leg trousers and a silk cami. Foxy laydeee.

So me and DH have had chats about IVF, we&#8217;re not getting much luck with the NHS so have decided we think we&#8217;ll go private. Anyway its around £6,000-£8,000 a cycle, then we got to thinking. Could we save some cash and take a nice holiday ? hmmmmmmmm. Been looking into the best of the best clinics in South Africa and they are more like £2,500 a cycle........ massive difference. Me & DH love SA and so would be great to go there for another trip.

Picture this &#8211; 2/3 weeks relaxing by the pool, nice food, chilling out and a bit of relaxed IVF on the side !

SO &#8211; how the heck does IVF work ? how do so many people from the UK travel abroad to do it ?? do they take like a month off work ?? or can you just head to your destination for the egg retrieval etc. and be there for 2 weeks ?

Also Italy is meant to be low cost too..........

The cash saving is obviously a massive bonus &#8211; but if i can chill out for a few weeks too then that would obviously be a big help to success

Anyone know anything about this ?!?!

xxx

Flakey it must nearly be time for you to test !!!!!!! i have everything crossed for you
xxxxxx

Congrats Megg! Can't wait to hear your Beta #s but def sounds like you have a sticky bean growing in there!

scomar - sorry the witch got you! Sorry I can;t help with your IVF abroad queries but I'd be interested to know myself!

I started stimming yesterday. Hoping and praying for a decent thick lining and just one decent size follie - an 18mmer would be the stuff of dreams right now! Just trying to stay destressed and chill out right now - yeah right!! lol!

Good luck to all waiting to test - hoping for some more good news soon!

Sorry the witch got you, scomar! :hugs;

FX'd for you, Mars!!! :dust:

Well, Witch showed up here too. That really stinks. Guess I kinda knew it was going to. Ugh.

Scomar and Babybumpage - soooo sorry the :witch: showed up! BOOOOOOOO!

Megg - :happydance: So Happy For You! :happydance:

Flake-y - How goes it??? Have you tested yet?

AFM 8 dpIUI and Symptom spotting as usual, but I'm sure it's all down to the Progesterone! Ugh - what an awful drug. Tender boobs/nips, cramping for about 5 days now, not sleeping right! I was so miserable a few days past, I thought for sure hubby was just gonna pack up and leave! LOL...had absolutely no control over my emotions....but...putting that down to Progesterone and leftover trigger!

Tested this morning and I think by tomorrow a.m. the trigger should be out of my system altogether, so any positive after that would be the real thing!

:hugs: to all of you!

Wendy

Hey ladies, 10dpo today, bfn yesterday so trigger is gone; feeling very negative though!

No symptoms, had a lot of twinges since thurs/fri, but that's stopped now & just getting mild cramping. Had 2nd hcg trigger shot on Thurs so now wondering if the twinges was due to that?

Only 4 days to wait till bloods!

bumpage - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :hugs:

Wendy - Everything crossed for your BFP!

Ok Ladies....LOL....I just came on for a minute to talk about my nipples! LOL

So...in previous months when taking Progesterone, my entire breast has become fuller/heavier (and I have so little that it's a god-send)...LOL...and tender. But this month...just my nipples are sore and extremely sensitive?!??!

As usuall have been scouring the internet in search of "sore nipples"...LOL...I actually read someone's blog who said that using progesterone always gave her sore breasts, but the month she got her BFP, only her nipples were sore?!?

Has anyone ever heard of this!?

LOL....Too funny...love that it doesn't fizz me a bit to come on here and talk about my nipples! THANKS LADIES!!! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->