IUI starting September! Anyone with me...

Hi Flake-y...

I soooooo don't want to get excited. It can't be possible right.....I'm 14 dpiui - wouldn't it have shown up before this? Everytime I go back and look now, I really have to twist and turn and get just the right light to be able to see anything!! I think I must have been imaging things this morning....

Do you know if the digitals are more sensitive than the FRER's?

Did I mention the line was very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, extremely, faint this a.m.? LOL

I really think now it is a BFN!

I don't know, but I know of people that have got a very faint line on a cheapy test, and the digital has popped up straight away saying 'pregnant' so maybe?

Do you get bloods taken or just test yourself?

Thanks ladies....

I'm not sure what to do...I think being the obsessive tester that I am i will head out and buy and FRER.

My RE won't do a beta until 16dpIUI which is Tuesday for me, so have to wait until then.

I can't believe we all haven't lost our minds yet!!!

THANKS LADIES!!! :hug:

Oh....I've definitely thought of that, but the one I did this a.m. was a FMU and if it was indeed that faint, surely one now wouldn't show up?

Still haven't been out to buy that FRER - may just wait and do another IC tomorrow morning.

I think if I really thought there was a chance, I would have gone out by now! UGH!

You have no idea how many times I've been back to the bathroom to check the one from this morning...LOL....I really don't see much there now!

True. If you think about it, with IVF, they get say, 10 eggs? And they don't all fertilise, and out of the ones that fertilise, maybe not all of them go on to blasto stage, so you get prob 1 blasto put back in, then a couple of frosties; so out of 10 eggs, maybe 3 or 4 have a chance of becoming babies. So that's less than half of the eggs turning into a baby...so...

...with IUI, you have one egg, what chance does the poor thing have? I want IVF!!!! Damn damn damn!!!!!

Oh it's so difficult, do we give IUI 2 more goes, or straight to IVF? Any advice girls?

IUI is £750, plus the meds, £46, so say £800. IVF is £2990 plus meds, think they were about £600 for me. There's quite a cost difference.

Help!!!

I likely had 6 eggs (blahblah-running a huge risk of multiples-blahblahblah) and got jack and shit out of it! So, I felt if it didn't work with 6 then I may as well move on. I just really want to see a heartbeat before Christmas, and this was my best chance at that.

Honestly, That's definitely not a bad price at all. My doc doesn't like to do IUI more than twice. I apparently didn't want to do it more than once! LOL

Oh....I've definitely thought of that, but the one I did this a.m. was a FMU and if it was indeed that faint, surely one now wouldn't show up?

Still haven't been out to buy that FRER - may just wait and do another IC tomorrow morning.

I think if I really thought there was a chance, I would have gone out by now! UGH!

You have no idea how many times I've been back to the bathroom to check the one from this morning...LOL....I really don't see much there now!

Def go get an FRER... just in case!

Well...I broke down and did it! I bought an FRER. I'll try it in the morning and def be on here ASAP to let you all know.....but seriously....it's very doubtful :-(

I'll be peeing on an FRER in the morning too, Wendy! Although, I hope yours is positive. I'm certain mine won't be.

Good luck testing Wendy - keeping fingers crossed!

Megg - hope things get resolved for you soon one way or the other!

So, went for my scan this morning and the good news is I have a 17mm follie!! Unfortunately I also have 3 15mm follies so the clinic have panicked again and I have just had to give myself the trigger! IUI will be tomorrow lunchtime, 24 hours after the trigger so there really isn't any time for anything to grow anymore, I just really hope that 17mm has got a mature egg inside it! Womb lining was also only 6.5mm again, the nurse said I may need some extra support if I need to go again so hopefully they'll be able to sort this out for me. So a mixed bag of emotions once again although I'm not stressing anywhere near as much as I was last time. Que sera sera, there is nothing more I can do at this point.

Exciting MarsMaiden:happydance:

Hope you find out where you are Megg:flower:

Great news, Mars! :hugs:

I'm about to take my last HPT of this cycle. When its negative, I'll call the clinic and get my Provera sorted. Its depressing to think of wasting an HPT when I KNOW its going to be BFN. I hate seeing negative tests!

BFN! Expected depressing, but sort of relieving to not have to search for a line and squint and hope. Clear, concise BFN. On to Provera and IVF in less than a month! :yipee:

thats exciting MarsMaiden :happydance:

well i went today for my scan and my biggest follicle was 8mm only ...next scan going to be on thursday....today is cd 14 and i always had 28 day cycle and thought cd 14 was always my ovulation day.....i was wondering do i have short luteal phase?:shrug: anyone with similar condition?any idea?

will use fostimon 75ul injections tonight and tommorow...

megg so sorry for ur BFN :hugs:

Don't be! I expected it and can move on now!

Ahh Megg, bfn is crap but you knew it would be & now you can get started on your ivf which WILL be successful!!!! Yay!!!

As for me, I'm back on the letrozole for IUI#2, baseline scan & bloods today, I'm back next Monday for the same. I have a feeling of deja vu!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->