IUI starting September! Anyone with me...

Hi ladies!

I'm right behind MarsMaiden on my first IUI - hoping everything goes smoothly with the sample and insemination tomorrow :happydance: I did the ovidrel shot last night at midnight and it was a cake walk.

Do any of you have good suggestions about getting the sample? (Sorry, definitely TMI territory). I wonder if it is ok to use a little preseed?

Thanks for all the great stuff you've shared on this thread - it really helped me get mentally ready for this!

Hi ladies!

I'm right behind MarsMaiden on my first IUI - hoping everything goes smoothly with the sample and insemination tomorrow :happydance: I did the ovidrel shot last night at midnight and it was a cake walk.

Do any of you have good suggestions about getting the sample? (Sorry, definitely TMI territory). I wonder if it is ok to use a little preseed?

Thanks for all the great stuff you've shared on this thread - it really helped me get mentally ready for this!

No lube, honey! It ruins a sample! Sorry!

Movie, magazine, or do a little dance, that's about all you can do to help him with the sample. Trust me tho, these guys KNOW HOW! lol

My OH was actually really uncomfortable with it. The room was gross and sad. He wasn't very happy about it. I think we'll be doing "at home collection" next time with a collection condom.

good luck jamie.i hope this ur month for bfp! :hugs:

my cd16 scan showed that my follie has grown only 8.5mm from 8mm in 2 days :shrug:

i m due for another scan on cd18 and will use 75iu daily.my follie disappointed me. :cry: i dont know whats wrong.any idea ladies?does it happen to anyone else?

my cd16 scan showed that my follie has grown only 8.5mm from 8mm in 2 days :shrug:

i m due for another scan on cd18 and will use 75iu daily.my follie disappointed me. :cry: i dont know whats wrong.any idea ladies?does it happen to anyone else?
:hugs:
My follies didn't grow last cycle as well, and had to be cancelled:cry:
Hope yours grow though, is 75iu FSH?

Megg, So sorry OH didnt like the room. We might be lucky and have a really great place. We are in a big city, and it's a really good area, so perhaps it is a little better than most? But I was just meaning that guys know the "how" part =) Not meaning that they like the room or that they are comfortable. But... we did an at home and our sample went from a normal 17 million to 3.5 million. 24 hours later, it went up, with an onsite donation. I asked the doctor if it was because the first one was at home and she said it could be the time to transport could kill them, she wasn't sure of that. I know at home is popular, I just wonder if the prolonged outside exposure reduces numbers? Let me know if you find anything out on that.

Hmm... That's a good question. But I think both of our samples came out about the same. They said the first (at home) sample would have had 33 million sperm post-wash and 30% motile. So, about 10mil motile. Our second (in office) sample gave us 11.5mil motile sperm. So, not much of a difference at all! And, for IVF, I really don't need nearly that many! LOL Of course, we live all of about 15 min from the clinic. So, there wasn't much exposure time.

Hi all - may I join? I had my second IUI on Monday.

Mars I remember from last time, how are you and where are you now, is this number three, hopefully a lucky number three!

well I overproduced again and had to be sedated while they took 4 of my follicles away, three had eggs, unlike last time. They left three large ones behind.

And hubbys sperm was over 50 million post wash. So much better than last time. He did his sample at home, the clinic gave him a pot. he hates the little room there too! So if you can do it from home, I say ask!

Unfortunately I feel no different, and was unable to bed afterwards due to the pain from the egg withdrawal. So here we go again, the 18 day wait!

Please may I stick around for support??

Mrs JPC x x x

well I overproduced again and had to be sedated while they took 4 of my follicles away, three had eggs, unlike last time. They left three large ones behind.
Wow, didn't know that was possible:thumbup:
Good luck!:happydance:
:dust:

Hi all - may I join? I had my second IUI on Monday.

Mars I remember from last time, how are you and where are you now, is this number three, hopefully a lucky number three!

And hubbys sperm was over 50 million post wash. So much better than last time. He did his sample at home, the clinic gave him a pot. he hates the little room there too! So if you can do it from home, I say ask!

Unfortunately I feel no different, and was unable to bed afterwards due to the pain from the egg withdrawal. So here we go again, the 18 day wait!

Please may I stick around for support??

Mrs JPC x x x

Of course you can stick around! Please do! :hugs:

Yep, stick around, I will be here too for IUI#2, hopefully happening in about a week if my follies behave!!!

Hey everyone,

I'm having IUI #3 tomorrow morning! Fx'd!!

Thanks for confirming my suspicion about not using preseed ladies - I just thought because it was sperm friendly there was a chance we could use it. No biggie - he did fine! I may ask for one of those special collection condoms next time though - that just seems like an easier method for him. His sample was 45 mill post wash this morning and the insemination was very easy, just a little pinchy and then it was over. I have a super narrow cervix so the doc always treats me with kid gloves when inserting the catheter.

Hi MrsJPC! Glad there are a few ladies with similar timing. Go Fall Follies!

Good Luck to everyone who just had or are about to have their IUI's!!!!! :dust: to all of you!

I've been away for a few days, but just to keep you guys posted. My RE is starting me on DHEA supplementation for 2-3 months before doing another IUI. Apparently they have seen great success with DHEA in women with poor ovarian reserve or who do not respond with tons of eggs to injectibles. My first go round had 4 good sized follies for IUI, this past month only one. Apparently the side effects of this DHEA are pretty much "feeling younger and healthier with increased libido and energy" so looking forward to the next few months. Apparently it takes 2-3 months to get the full benefit, so while taking it we will just be bd-ing and seeing what happens. I'm actually looking forward to the de-stressing and taking a break for a bit.

It's off to CUBA next week for a much needed vaca from all of this...but i'll be following along and keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!!!!!!

:hugs: ladies!!!

Wendy

:hugs:
My follies didn't grow last cycle as well, and had to be cancelled:cry:
Hope yours grow though, is 75iu FSH?

yes 75iu follitsm injections.

hi ladies,
today is cd18 and i have bunch of follicles on my right ovary, the biggest is only 13.5mm. my nurse was not sure and said u may have ovulated bcause my uterine lining is 14mm :wacko: so she cancelled this cycle for iui and asked us to do regular intercourse in the mean time :shrug:

i m so confused.is 14mm lining means ovulation has occured?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->