IVF 2020 Chatter

@Katz I actually asked for the change in my PIO regimen after seeing this Shady Grove Study that said daily Endometrin + PIO every third day had equivalent live birth rates as daily PIO: New Shady Grove Fertility Study Reveals that Fewer Injections During a Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) Cycle Resulted in Equivalent Live Birth Rates

I already have 4 weeks worth of Endometrin from my cancelled fresh transfer and the thought of less IM shots is a big relief for me. It can't hurt to ask! I sent the study to my RE to consider and he approved the switch.

And I was on Day 2 of my period for my baseline last week, although it's normally pretty light after coming off of the BCP so it wasn't the gory mess that I always dread. It's no fun to get probed while on AF but they've seen it all!

@Bevziibubble thank you!!

@LadyVictoria ohhh that’s cool doing your own research. less shots sounds good to me too. Haha! When you start PIO let me know how it goes for you. Actually @Lunabelle i asked about PIO today and my RE said mine is also a shot in the belly yikes!! Im a little scared but i can do this!

btw so i did my US , you’re right lady, was not as gruesome as i thought it would be and i was day 3 today. Was not bad at all.
We start ivf tomorrow!! Woohooo! I got go signal to start shots menupur and gonadal i think is what they are called both shots in belly. So excited! Needles are so small soo maybe ill do well. Ill have hubby do them for me. Lol. Did you ladies do your own shots?

btw @Luna how was your visit? Or is it tomorrow?

Sorry for blowing up this thread right now. But @Lunabelle i saw you said you have 35 follicles!! Wow! That’s awesome right? i only have 16 total 8 on left and 7 on right In baseline US, i hope this is an ok number? What do you all think? My RE was busy today so i didnt really get to ask her a lot of questions :/ after stim does this number go up or do they just increase in siZe ?

@Katzoemac I think it's very important to do your own research so that you can advocate for yourself. I'll be sure to update with my PIO experience. Mine will be an intramuscular injection in my backside, which seems to be the way it's done in the US versus Europe.

I'm glad to hear that your scan went well and that you're getting started now - congratulations! I was so nervous about my first injections but they really weren't so bad. And I used to have a HUGE needle phobia before starting IVF. I still can't look when I'm getting blood drawn.

And to answer your question about follicles, I started out with 17 at my baseline but had 30+ by time I triggered. So you can develop more as you stim. But 16 is a great number to have. 15 follicles was my RE's goal, my ovaries just over-responded and made a lot more, so we dialed down my stims doses almost daily.

@LadyVictoria
I agree with you on researching. When I saw how you did that it actually encourage me to research as well so also i can understand the process better too.
Actually you are right, PIO is not on bellly, i was talking bout the cetrotide. My bad :/ still getting used to these meds. Hehe. I start tonight! Ahh!!!

thank you for the info on the follicles. Im glad to know i can get more. ☺️

Katzoemac, so how are you finding the shkts now that you are starting? I am continuing the cetrotide for a few days now to relieve the hyperstimulation symptoms and I can't even feel it piercing the skin anymore. I personally wasn't hoping for that many follicles as there's research that shows that the ideal number is between 10-15 as if you get above 20 the egg quality gets worse and you get less good quality embryos. So 16 sounds like a perfect amount to me! this round I am at risk of developing OHSS so I actually can't have a fresh transfer and all of the embryos will be frozen.

Just a quick update, my egg retrieval went well. They got 12 follicles, I was expecting more out of the 35 but they said it was a good result. They said there was a lot that was still smaller and they didn't want to take everything out to make me bleed. I was surprised as I was actually asleep during the procedure, but just before the procedure when I asked them about it they told me they would just give me a relaxant. In the past two egg retrievals I have been fully aware of everything going on, so was really surprised when they woke me up and said it was finished, but the waking up wasn't painful as I wasn't incubated, they just had oxygen going to my nose which I haven't had in the past either.

I haven't got the hyperstimulation symptoms yet, apart from being really bloated and the pain is really manageable. So hopefully it won't get worse either. I have mainly just slept since we got back. I will find out tomorrow how many got fertilised.

@Lunabelle i start tonight, so i dont know yet haha! Ill update when i start. The needles are very small so im feeling quite positive for now J

oh yay! Good to hear you have 12! Hopefully all of them fertilize. Aw so will be next month for frozen right? Or can frozen transfer still be done earlier? I read that frozen transfer seems to have better chance of success...i am actually contemplating on it but we’ll see what my RE says when we get there.
Oh wow i didnt know that the egg retrieval could be done awake...over here i believe we are asleep, at least for my case. I have really bad anxiety so even w the transfer my RE will give me relaxant at least. I was crying and shaking during every visit and she said this cant happen w transfer. Yikes. Im praying God could make me relaxed even for just that transfer day hehe.

Cant wait for your news on how many fertilize! I bet you two are so excited!

Ladies, how much bubbles are ok w the shots? :/ i already did 2 syringes for the menopur, still w a very small bubble on bottom that just wont rise up to the top. But it’s so small....it goes to my belly.

I injected it anyway, it was very small im hoping is should be fine lol.
Omg, the menopur burns like craaazy!! but other than that i did great on the 2 shots. Whew! Tomorrow again

well done on the two shots!! I think a few air bubbles are ok, i've not always managed to get everything out either.

We have actually had better luck with fresh transfer compared to frozen. As we had one perfect quality embryo frozen from the last cycle but it didn't survive the defrosting. But we always have very few embryos if any so we are probably not the best comparison.

The transfer is my favourite part as it just looks so magical. You can see from the monitor as they release the embryo in your uterus, it's just very special. You can't feel anything either. But I understand you can't always control these things and if it makes you nervous it's definitely better to be on a relaxant.

I am happy as so far I haven't developed any of the moderate symptoms of hyperstimulation. The pain is really manageable and my belly is just really bloated and I have been gaining 1kg per day of fluid. Hoping the shots will stop it from getting worse.

@Katzoemac Congrats on getting through your first shots! It's really a piece of cake after the first ones. Fingers crossed for nice, healthy eggs.

@Lunabelle Wishing you a smooth recovery. I did develop OHSS and was very uncomfortable with all of the bloating combined with the residual side effects from the anesthesia - I was extremely backed up, which just added to the pressure in my abdomen. Fortunately, I didn't need to get drained and eventually shrank down to my normal size a few weeks later.

Ladyvictoria it's so good to hear from someone else who has experienced the same! How soon were you able to start with the frozen transfer? They told me today we could start from the next cycle and I was excited because I thought maybe in one or two weeks so I have had time to recover... But my period actually started already! The doctor said the progesterone I am taking can make them start earlier. I think this might be too soon to be be starting with the frozen transfer, I will need to see what they tell me tomorrow/Monday.

@Lunabelle I'm glad they can get you in so quickly! Because they decided to freeze all before my retrieval, the morning of they gave me a frozen transfer date that was 2 months out. I spent the month in between on birth control. I would definitely wait and see what the plan is for you.

Thank you ladies for the support! Haha!

im sorry you two had OHSS...im reading seems to be uncomfortable. I hope you feel better soon and get the transfer!

I wish i could see the transfer too, i am trying to be more calm so i can enjoy the transfer, seems to be something special. My hisband actually wants to be there but with the covid husbands not allowed in any appointment :(
Anyway,
Hopefully you hear good news on Monday luna! Im having my doc’s appointment Monday too so ill update you all then. :)

Kat, good luck with this cycle, sounds like you're doing great with the meds!

Luna I had 35 follies too, 20 eggs, I done a freeze all and waited about 3 months as it was Xmas and I have long cycles
I didnt have any symptoms of ohss though
Hope you're feeling well

Lady, not long now until youe transfer is it? I'll be hoping for the best for you!

Ft, I'm good thank you, well done on the healthy eating, I wish I had your will. Power! Good though that you don't have to worry about the clinic having restrictions on bmi

Hi Ladies!!!

Sorry I missed so much. Was so busy with work.

Kat HUGs so happy you are getting closer. Shots are never easy but they get you closer to baby so I am like, 'will take them for the team',..lol. Man guys are lucky.

Luna, feel better. That has to hurt. I have never had it but did have a cyst burst and couldn't tell it from a kidney stone passing.

Star it has been a game changer. I am much happier with no preservatives and plenty of fruits, veggies and lean meats. Not alot but just enough to not feel starved. Less angry and full of energy.

Well I had my appt last week. I am on growth hormone shots every night for 2 months to encourage healthy antral follicles. When I start my period in two weeks, I do clomid challenge and cd 3 blood tests followed by genetic tests.

I am kinda like ‍♀️. My husband and I are going to keep trying on our own while we wait for the doctor to review test results. We are hoping this cycle or during the clomid challenge to get a miracle bfp....cause IVF is soooo costly...lol...Yeah, we cheap .

So I will be cheering you all on while I wait for my turn.

Wow sound alike you have a lot going on ft, what's the clomid challenge? I've never heard of it before
I'm Definitely going to take a leaf out of your book and get healthier!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->