IVF 2020 Chatter

Wow sound alike you have a lot going on ft, what's the clomid challenge? I've never heard of it before
I'm Definitely going to take a leaf out of your book and get healthier!

Basically you take clomid and the doc checks you fsh, lh and e2 on cd3 the on cd 10 to see what your fsh, lh, an e2 are doing after clomid is in your system. My fsh should no longer be high. If it us than it will speak to the quality of my eggs not being so good. After ovulation fsh should go down. As well as e2, and progesterone should kick in. Not sure if cd5 is when I would start clomid or not. Dont think they s curl said.

Meanwhile, up to eating two small meals a day and lots of water. Feel very energized. Sure its in part to the shots but none the lesz I feel good.

I ovulated today and I hope my temp goes up in the morning. Haven't seen that happen when not taking.

Hope you all have a wonderful week. And keep us posted on treatments!! Hugs

Ahh I see ft, its amazing what they can do to help us
Glad you're feeling good and energized!

@star25 Thank you, just 8 days away now. It's definitely hard not to think about it 24/7! I have Wednesday off for my husband's birthday so that will break the week up nicely, and it will be fun to get out to the driving range and hit some golf balls together. He took over grocery shopping for me (to limit my potential exposure) and I'm kind of excited about going on my own little shopping trip to pick up his cake ...and maybe some FRERs :lol: I did get a box of cheapies on Amazon and have a leftover digital test from when we were trying naturally.

@FTale I'm glad to hear that your healthy eating is going well! I definitely notice the difference when I start to slack on my fruits and veggies or eat a little too much junk.

And yes, OHSS is no fun. Different than a ruptured cyst (I've had a few) but definitely not a good time.

As for me, I had my lining check this morning and it went mostly well. It looks perfect - trilaminar and the right "texture" but measuring a little behind. My average measurements were 7.6mm and they like to see 8mm, but my RE said not to worry since it looks great. We're still on track for our transfer next Tuesday. Depending on my blood work, I may have to split my nightly dose of estrogen to be oral and vaginal, and they may have me come back in on Friday for another lining check. So we'll see! Since it's not too far behind, I'm not going to worry about it.

Ftale
Im glad you are continuing on the healthy diet! Let me know how the clomid or iui goes. If we decide another baby later #2 we might do that first.

Lady
Yayyy im so excited for you! Cant wait to hear how your transfer goes! My husband loves golf too, due to covid he hasnt gone but yesterday we tried, and golf course here was packed :/ lol happy birthday to your hubby!

i came from my appointment today. She said everything is looking good, on right track w recruitment of follicles. I started cetrotide today. She is expecting egg retrieval if all goes as expected, on Sunday!! Or Monday!! Im excited! ☺️

Katzoemac that’s great news! I wish you good luck and hope everything goes well and you get lots of healthy eggs.

Lady good luck at your transfer! Such an exciting moment, I really hope it will stick for you!

Thanks for all your well wishes. I am feeling a lot better already! The progesterone shots have helped me a lot. But I am soo bloated! I get chocked seeing my reflection in the mirror or window at how big I look and I only have a few outfits that fit comfortably without me looking pregnant. It’s uncomfortable, but I am just so happy I didn’t develop any of the more severe symptoms. I am going to meet my doctor on Wednesday to plan the next steps and to hear how many embryos we have.

Lady good luck for transfer, lining sounds good, it could be even thicker by the next appointment
With dd they nearly didn't do my transfer as my lining was just under but she took 3 different measurements and decided it was OK, luckily seeing as it worked lol
That was with a week extra of estrogen
Not sure why as with my other 4 transfers the lining had been thick enough on the first check without needing extra
Ps) I love a good hpt collection hehe

Kat, exciting news, good luck with egg collection!

Luna I hope you're appointment goes well on Wednesday, take care of yourself and rest where you can

Thanks everyone! Can't believe we're just a week away now :D

@Katzoemac Thank you, I will certainly post an update in here. I don't go to the golf course with my husband, but we are planning on going to the driving range. We'll be far enough apart from others and still wearing our masks so I feel comfortable doing that.
Glad to hear that you're off to a good start! Fingers crossed for lots of healthy eggs and a speedy recovery from your retrieval.

@Lunabelle Thanks so much, I appreciate that! I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better and fingers crossed for a great embryo count! I'm a bit nervous for progesterone on Friday since it's the one thing I haven't been on before.

@star25 That's reassuring, thank you! I hope that the vaginal estrace will make a difference in my lining - I go back on Thursday to check. And yes, I love to see everyone's line progression pictures. My Easy@Home cheapies are ready to go and I have 2 digitals, but one is expired lol Just need to pick up some FRERs tomorrow when I get hubby's birthday cake.

@LaDY true. The golf range is better for now. So important to be safe :)

Thank you ladies!! I actually am here at doc’s office, just had my 3rd ultrasound, i will have my hcg trigger and then egg retrieval on saturday ahhhhh things are happening so fast!
Fingers crossed for all of us ladies!

Question, did anyone of you ladies do the genetic testing ?

Exciting news kat, I haven't done genetic testing before, hope all goes well sat

@Katzoemac My husband decided he didn't feel up to golf (he's been having back issues) so we ended up taking some snacks to Niagara Falls and walking around. It was a great day! Best of luck for your retrieval! It really does move quickly once you get going. We did not PGS test due to our male factor issue being solved with the use of donor sperm so our RE did not recommend it.

I had my final lining check this morning and my RE said it's perfect! Trilaminar and I made it over 8mm so we got the green light to start PIO and Endometrin tomorrow morning. We didn't make it this far last time before we got cancelled due to COVID so I am nervous but excited!

Lady: YAY!! So very happy your lining increased some. That always drove me batty when doing iui. I was either too thick or just under. Next week is my daugher's bday so its a good week, girl!! Will be praying for you!!

Kat: Praying Saturday goes smoothly for you. The level of excitement has to be high. I plan on doing a genetics test on myself to see if I have any known abnormal genes but not pgs. That is so expense.

I have a regular OB appt next week when I am 10dpo. I hope to wait and not have tested at that point. I might ask her for a beta/progesterone just for the hoot of it. Its a new patient visit so who knows what she will agree to. I feel normal this cycle other than a bit sluggish today and yesterday which I think is normal at 3 and 4 dpo. I was so bad today too. Eating home made buttermilk pancakes drowned in maple syrup. ...no shame though. Was so craving it....hahahah

Hope everyone else is doing well. HUGS

@star25 and @FTale thank you both! You're making me hungry for pancakes lol I hope your appointment goes well!

I survived my first PIO shot! And first Endometrin too, but I wasn't worried about that one lol I think all of the advice I took really helped make it go in like butter! So here are my tips if anyone is interested:
  • Apply a numbing cream (I used Emla) and tegaderm patch 30 minutes prior to the injection
  • Use a heating pad on low on the injection area a few minutes prior to the shot
  • Heat up the syringe with the oil in it just prior to the shot
  • Use the Union Medico auto injector - it is awesome!
  • Massage the area and use more heat after the injection
It did burn on and off for a little while afterwards but feels normal now. We'll see if I get sore as time goes on. I'm getting very excited for our transfer day now though. It's starting to feel more real.

Great news lady about your lining!

Katzoemac good luck for your egg retrieval tomorrow. I hope everything goes smoothly. I haven’t done genetic testing either.

I have excellent news guys! We have 5 embryos frozen! 2 day 3 and 3 day 5! We are going to see if I ovulate naturally in the next month and otherwise she will give me some medication to start the ovulation/ embryo transfer.

Ftale good luck with your appointment. I think I will make some pancakes tomorrow with my daughter!

Luna!! That is so awesome!!!

Is there a reason she wants to see you ovulate on your own? If you do ovulate what will they do exactly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->