IVF 2020 Chatter

@LadyVictoria been so long!! Its finally around the corner for you. And I am happy to say I can finally join you and so many others on the journey. I go next week for my consult after finally having enough money on hand for all the needed procedures

@Luna congrats on getting in there! I know with Covid so much closed down. The clinic I was speaking with prior to Covid is still operational. That just put out in a letter they do not see it as smart to stay closed indefinitely when we need to keep pushing forward. Just have to do it safely unless the we are mandated to close. I am so happy they are open. I talk to them tomorrow to see when my rescheduled date is.

Sorry for all the lovely ladies I missed. I am so tired today and will keep up with everyone going forward. Praying this year makes alot of take home babies.
:dust:

Thanks FTale! Here in Belgium I am actually doing them at the local hospital and they were using that ward for the covid patients giving birth. Then it took some time for them to disinfect everything and change the filters etc. But I am so happy we are finally able to start now.

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow! I hope you will be able start soon! What treatments will you be doing?

What is the first they will do for your treatment?

I wasn't able to get in today. So many patients are backed up. I ended up getting an appt for the end of the month which is perfect. Gives me a bit more time to burn some more weight off...hehehe. Plus it will be my daughters bday and my hubby said that is perfect. She is a lil hermit since Covid and we will get to spend some time with her out and about. We will find places to walk and just get some fresh air. She has gotten so pale.

How old is your daughter? Sorry your appointment got pushed back, but glad you guys are making the most of it.

I started stimulations on Sunday, this is my third time but first round of stimulations for our second baby. My daughter is turning 3 in a few weeks.

It is a bit crazy doing this at this time, as I am just constantly scared of being cancelled. If we have any symptoms they will cancel us and there was some misunderstanding about us having been ill in May (we were ill in march) and they called to cancel the cycle. Then when I said it was march we were ill they said ok no problem you can continue. We decided to not even go for walks during this time as it is just not worth catching anything. We just need to hang on for another week till the egg retrieval, then I will be able to relax.

She is 9 years old.

I actually got in on a cancellation. So I go in on Wednesday for the 'talk' and find out if I meet their height weight requirement. I am fasting to see if I can drop the remaining by the appt time or get close enough that they will at least have me on a protocol and I can start bcp next cycle. I just hope this new Re doesn't tell me I am too old to use my own eggs. I won't do it. It cost too much for downer eggs and then there is a chance I might not be able to carry them. BUT if my husband wants to use a downer egg since this will be his one and only child, I am game for it.

I am nervous but thankful for the opportunity hands down.

That is scary!! I am glad that sorted it out and you are not cancelled. Waiting so long after waiting in the first place is insanely stressful.

Do you they have you on any supplements while you wait or did you say and I completely forgot? I will reall back a lil bit just in case.

I will be thinking of you.

So we started the stimulations on sunday, I am taking 150u of menopur. I went for the control today (day 6 of stims) and I have 35follicles growing in total, with 24 of them being on the right side. I am so scared of getting hyperstimulation now. I am so scared as the first fime I had 18 follicles and I thought that was painful! It's crazy as this time I have the same dosage as the second time we did IVF and then i had 11 follicles. I know having more doesn't equal to having more good quality embryos either so I am just really really dissapointed and really really scared. Anyone here with experience with so many follicles and what was your experience? We won't be doing a fresh transfer either.

Good luck with the fasting, I hope you will be able to lose the weight to get started next cycle! How long will you be fasting for? When is your next appointment?

Last edited:
I just stopped in to catch up and give a quick update. My baseline appointment went well yesterday and I started estrace this morning. Next appointment is 6/15, I start PIO and endometrin on 6/19 and then the big day is 6/23. Can't wait to have one of our embabies on board FINALLY.

@LadyVictoria been so long!! Its finally around the corner for you. And I am happy to say I can finally join you and so many others on the journey. I go next week for my consult after finally having enough money on hand for all the needed procedures

:dust:

It's nice to see you in here! Sorry to hear that you got pushed back a little bit. I hope that all goes well with your consultation!

How old is your daughter? Sorry your appointment got pushed back, but glad you guys are making the most of it.

I started stimulations on Sunday, this is my third time but first round of stimulations for our second baby. My daughter is turning 3 in a few weeks.

It is a bit crazy doing this at this time, as I am just constantly scared of being cancelled. If we have any symptoms they will cancel us and there was some misunderstanding about us having been ill in May (we were ill in march) and they called to cancel the cycle. Then when I said it was march we were ill they said ok no problem you can continue. We decided to not even go for walks during this time as it is just not worth catching anything. We just need to hang on for another week till the egg retrieval, then I will be able to relax.

I understand your fear of being cancelled! I've been so cautious, to the point where my mom and older sister (who are nurses) joke about me being so extreme. But after getting cancelled when this pandemic first hit, I'm doing everything in my power to avoid that happening again. I do go out for walks since it's good to get the blood flowing for my lining, but wearing a mask in the heat is tough. I'll be adding in fertilty yoga and using our treadmill more too on the bad weather days.

Hi everyone! I would like to join in! ☺️
Like w some of you, our ivf was pushed back due to covid :/

My age/spouse age: 38/32
Baby # 1
Usual cycle length 28-30
Fertility issue: hyperthyroid

i am currently on bcp last day today and AF is supposed to start, i have my lab work and baseline US on 6/10. i am so anxious and excited at same time but mostly so anxious !! Haha!

congratulations to everyone who had success w. Their cycle!

question, i had my mock transfer 6 days ago and till now i am having brown discharge. I called the clinic and they just said it’s normal. Has anyone experienced this? I hope it doesnt affect my ivf :(

im so glad to have found this forum! ☺️

Luna our bodies change over time and ovaries just continue to amaze me as well. You never know what they will do. My left ovary is the quiet one along with the tube that works okay but slow during hsg. I mostly ovulate out of my right ovary but it was my left that had a dermoid cyst on it????? I was like why is it even doing anything...totally through off one of my clomid cycles in the past because it was there. I had to wait for it to resolve.
I really hope you don't overstimulate on your right. Just want everything to work out just enough for you to get some good eggs. Please take it super easy. I'm sure you know from experience how painful it can be if they twist even just a little. HUGS
Edit: Wanted to add my fast is going fast and I feel great. Pizza is hard to resist but after Wednesday's appt. I can slowly start adding solids back but not too fast and not much. I like not having tons of full to digest...lol ...wow, I am so lazy.

LadyVictoria HUGS...I will keep that date etched in my heart for you. And they better not cancel...no no no no noooo. This is your time. You two have been waiting for so long. You got this. Praying for you.

Star, thank you so much! How are you?

Katzoemac, welcome! I do not know about the mosck transfer/discharge. I am curious too. I would not stress too much if they say its normal. I would worry if it was with pain and bright pink though. Hopefully it subsides soon. I imagine if it was some thing of major concern they would bring you in for a scan. But Trust me, I get you on not being comfy with any blood old or new. I honestly am going to look up mock transfer right now to see what it entails. Hang in there and post as much as you like. I know I will be driving everyone mad with my questions as I get further in. Hugs

Ftale
Thank you!! You sound so comforting ☺️ You’re right, they would have asked me to come in if it was something bad. This process is just a lot. Haha.
Goodluck on your journey too! Eating better easier said than done. I need to get on healthy eating boat too. Because of my hyperthyroid i was sooo thin despite eating a lot, and now i cant stop gaining weight after getting my thyroid to normal. Im starting to eat more veggies to fill me up instead of rice haha!

lady,
Hello! Im new here :) i wanted to ask, How painful is the PIO? Hehe. Im little scared of the shots! I will be starting them i think on june 10 after my ultrasound hopefully! also, im so happy your date is set! The covid really set plans back but it is for our safety so i had to stretch out my patience hehe.

Good luck lady, so excited you are able to start finally!

Ftale great your fast is gowing well, fingers crossed you will be able to start soon!

Welcome Katzoemac! I am personally ok with doing the shots, progesterone is still my least favourite but I don't think that doing the shots hurt. It's a bit uncomfortable, but then for someone that really hates needles it might be a lot worse. But overall the pain really varies, not just with the person but even with the cycle. This is our third time doing stimulations and my first round was pretty painful, second was completely fine and just as I thought we've figured out IVF I am experiencing the most painful round yet.

I am going in for a follow up appointment tomorrow, def feeling the ovaries now. I am still ok though. I am taking it day by day as thinking about the overstimulation just feels overwhelming. Having my 3 year old daughter make paper plasters for my belly makes me think it's all worth the pain in the end, even if it doesn't work this round. It's still worth the try.

@Lunabelle hi! thank you!! Im glad to hear the shots are not too bad. I used to be scared of needles but since being diagnosed w hyperthyroid and getting bloodwork every 2 weeks i overcame the fear ☺️ I just keep hearing ladies talk bout PIO made me kind of concerned hehe.

I love how positive you are! But i pray this cycle is it for you! Good luck with your appointment hopefully you feel better

My AF started today, im having my baseline US in 3 days ahhhhhh hopefully we can start this ivf already!

@FTale Thanks so much, love! Wishing you the best with your fast and reintroducing solids into your diet.
@Katz Welcome! I think spotting after a mock transfer is probably nothing to worry about. I did not have any after mine, but I did have some residual cramping. As for PIO, I got cancelled a couple days before starting it last time and I don't start it until 6/19 so I don't have any experience there. I'm a little nervous about the myself, but got the okay to do daily Endometrin + PIO every 3 days, so that makes me feel better about things. I asked for pain relief and they prescribed me a prescription lidocaine cream (Emla) so I'm hoping that will help. Synera patches are another option, but pricey for most (my insurance only covers a couple patches a month...).

@Luna Thank you so much! I hope this cycle goes well for you and that you're able to keep your worries at bay.

Katzoemac that's so exciting!! I hope you will be able start!

A lot of my follicles are ready, probably doing the egg retrieval on thursday. She said we will continue the progesterone shots a few days after the egg retrieval which will help shrink the ovaries and relieve my overstimulation symptoms. I hope we will be able to freeze at least one good embryo, I will be really happy if we get two.

I just realised the progesterone I take here in europe is different to the one you guys take in america. Mine is called utrogestran and it's a shot in the belly. The needle is thicker than with menopur, that's why I don't really like it but it doesn't bruise or anything. I feel a bit sore now after taking the shots as I am coming closer to the egg retrieval, I can feel it working on my ovaries but overall I am feeling fine still.

Katz : If you like starches try looking up plentyfulkiki...spelling might be off on you tube and you can see how she eats. My friend was telling me a plate half of starches and half of veggies. I am going to go that route once I can eat again. For now anything with substance sends me straight to the bathroom. I broke the fast at 11pm Sunday night. I figured I'd gone long enough. You can do this!! I will be doing it with you...lol Vegan protein shakes help as well. We are already on a million vitamins..hehe so good there. I am hoping by Friday to be able to do some eggs, then rice...THEN I will start veggies and starch. I do not want to do hard core veggies right now. I do not know anything about shots other than Gonal F and Trigger. Those are tolerable but I heard the progesterone ones are thick and I will most likely need them too. FX HUGS....keep us posted

Luna: Thank you!! I hope so too. I find out Wednesday just how soon. I really hope your appt went well today. HUGS

LadyVictoria: Thank you and I am so excited for you. I look at your sig and just grin. It seems like the day will never come and now you are only bits away. Are you scared? Having any second thoughts? Do you have a guarantee program of any sorts? I couldn't qualify for that because of my age and using my own eggs. If we have to do donor, we will but not unless mine fail.

Drum roll please!!!!!

Found out today there was no reason for me to fast. My clinic does not have a BMI max that you have to be at or within. My jaw dropped when I got the news on the phone. I decided to call to check and see what the reality was for actual IVF start time due to weight not being met. The receptionist was like we don't have requirements for that. I said 'Exsqueezzme'? She said I don't believe we do. I said but I've been fasting trying to get close to a certain number and I wanted to know how close I had to be before IVF would be performed. She put me on hold to check with a nurse and still came back with .....nope. We do not require anything. She was half laughing and half sounding sorry because I was like, "Girl, I am hungry for nothing????". She said , I am sorry but there are not any requirements for that. So I skipped a barbque full of hot dogs for nothing you all.

BUT I have learned how not to eat and appreciate good healthy food over fast food. I love cooking and through my lil 4 day fast I cooked for my family and they loved it more than usual. I think it was because I knew I wouldn't be able to taste it so I did everything in the book to make sure it was good.

Sorry for the long rant. But this means....if they weren't lieing to me.....IVF could start as soon as this month or next month. I already did the blood tests with another doctor. They could have me redo them but even still, that puts me 2 and a half weeks from starting whatever protocol they come up with. I will be cd8 when we speak. I will post what I learn. :dance:

@FTale It's been a LONG time coming! Two weeks feels so short compared to how long we were in limbo after the cancellation, but sometimes the days feel long and make it seem like an eternity away. I am getting more excited with each day. No fears or second thoughts, we just don't have the time to waste. I've been working from home since mid-March and likely will be able to continue doing so for the rest of the year. I'd be more nervous if it were decided that I had to start going into the office again. But my risk of exposure is low, so my biggest fear of getting COVID has like slim odds of actually happening. I'll let myself agonize over whether or not the transfer worked or not once we get that far lol

No shared risk program over here but I have insurance coverage so everything has been very affordable. The biggest cost was our donor sperm and storage. Congratulations on not having any BMI requirements to meet! Sorry you starved needlessly, but at least you're eating healthier! That's always a good thing. Fingers crossed that you can get started relatively quickly!

@FTale

ohh thank you for the tips! Ill def look her
Up :)

Im soo excited for you! Glad to hear you could start ivf very soon!! 2 weeks seems long but my 1 month wait on pill seemed very short. Haha!

@LadyVictoria thank you!! Hopefully mine will also be every 3 days hehe! But i watched a video, a girl was using ice before shots she says it makes it feel better. Maybe ill try that. Idk when ill start pio yet tho hopefully soon.

I have my US tomorrow, and i feel awkward because i am on my period. Haha! I just called the clinic, and they said it will be ok this is expected haha. Will be weird! Wish me luck!! Hopefully all is well w lab and US !

oops! Didnt realize this didnt post yesterday

I woke up so early today, for my US and lab. I feel little anxious haha! But excited at same time!

@Luna woohoo so wxcoted for you!! Hopefully thursday is it for you girl!! Will be thinking of you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->