• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

IVF 2020 Chatter

@Katzoemac Thank you, I hope and pray that we do get our March babies! The transfer is probably the easiest part of the whole process! lol Before leaving out, I filled my 25oz water bottle and took the valium they prescribed me to help keep me calm. I didn't feel any different on it though. On the ride there, I drank most of my water so that my bladder would be full. I like to drink it slowly because it's more comfortable than just chugging a bottle in one go. When we arrived, they took our temperatures then took us back to the procedure room where I got ready on the table. We had to sign paperwork to confirm that we agreed to transfer just 1. Then they brought out the picture of our embryo and explained its appearance and how it thawed well and is already hatching. You can't actually see the embryo itself on the screen when they do the procedure, it's a microscopic little thing. You just see the catheter and then the release of the fluid that the embryo is in.

So they proceeded with the external ultrasound, inserted the speculum, washed my cervix and inserted a catheter. Then the embryologist brought my embryo out in another catheter and they put the embryo in! I didn't feel anything - you're not supposed to. After that I was allowed to sit up almost right away and use the bathroom, and then we were on our way! And yes, men can be so funny about things. Even though he surprised me with his reaction, I'm glad he was allowed to be there! Just a day away for you - best of luck!

@FTale Sounds like you had a rough day! I'm glad you slept well after that. I hope AF arrives soon so that you can move on with things!

I'm feeling pretty normal today, aside from my slightly sore muscles from the PIO. Very manageable though and I noticed it felt better after I walked around a bit yesterday, so I plan to take a walk today. When the nurse asked me how I was doing on the meds, I told her that I'm having a hard time on the Endometrin and would rather just do daily PIO. She wasn't surprised that I wanted to make the switch and told me to take PIO when I got home after the procedure and that evening and then today I can officially switch to one PIO in the evening moving forward. So glad to be done with that messy Endometrin!

@LadyVictoria thank you for sharing your experience! I can feel your excitement and happiness from here! Hope you are feeling great today! :) will you be doing hpts or waiting for bloodtest ? Idk what ill do haha! I might cave in and take a test lol!

As for me, my heart has been beating fast on and off since this am! Im waiting for the call from the clinic to give me update on our embryos and instructions for transfer. I was thinking, no call yesterday could mean good news. Im just praying praying that they are doing well. Hubby’s prayers last night made me very emotional. Just really really hope we all get blessed with babies.

Seriously! My heart and stomach feels weird just thinking about it! Haha!

My husband takes every opportunity to rub my belly and talk to the baby and I find myself talking to it too. I suppose some positive thinking is good for the soul - I feel so happy to have our little embaby on board!

@LadyVictoria thank you for sharing your experience! I can feel your excitement and happiness from here! Hope you are feeling great today! :) will you be doing hpts or waiting for bloodtest ? Idk what ill do haha! I might cave in and take a test lol!

As for me, my heart has been beating fast on and off since this am! Im waiting for the call from the clinic to give me update on our embryos and instructions for transfer. I was thinking, no call yesterday could mean good news. Im just praying praying that they are doing well. Hubby’s prayers last night made me very emotional. Just really really hope we all get blessed with babies.

Sorry I missed this comment. I feel great today! Normal still except the soreness from my double PIO shots yesterday. I plan to test at 7dp5dt (June 30)at the earliest! My blood test isn't until 7/7 and I don't want to learn my fate from a phone call. Thinking of you as you wait to hear about your embryos!

:dust:

It’s 9pm here in california ! And i dont know if i can sleep! My heart still pounding! Anyway, i just realized lady you said you switched to PIO. I was thinking that too, until my PIO today, actually kind of left me sore...but i also was in a hurry bec my doses need to be in AM and i had to go to work didnt have time to do warm compress after, im sure that’s why. The suppository is just so uncomfortable. Let me know how daily PIO work for you!

-anyway ladies, I will tall to you all tomorrow. Praying for good news! For us all! we are always 1 step closer :)

Sorry I missed this comment. I feel great today! Normal still except the soreness from my double PIO shots yesterday. I plan to test at 7dp5dt (June 30)at the earliest! My blood test isn't until 7/7 and I don't want to learn my fate from a phone call. Thinking of you as you wait to hear about your embryos!

:dust:

Im glad to hear you’re doing well! ☺️ Yea update me on how daily PIO goes lol!
Hpt Sounds like a great idea ! Ill do the same haha!

@Katzoemac Ah I'm very excited for you! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

And yes, I did switch to daily PIO and no regrets so far! It's certainly early though, but what I'm doing seems to be working well. I think it's super important to use heat and massage after the shot to help the oil absorb, otherwise the oil can knot up in your muscle and that can cause discomfort and lumps. Here's what we do:

30 minutes before shot:
  • Clean injection site with alcohol wipe, apply numbing cream (Emla presciption) and tegaderm patch and leave it on for at least 30 minutes
  • In the last 10 minutes that I keep the numbing cream on, I use my heating pad on low on the injection area.
  • Then my husband wipes off the cream and preps the injection site for the shot as well as the syringe and the auto injector.
Directly after the shot:
  • My husband rubs the injection site with gauze, then I take over massaging for a few minutes. Then I sit with the heating pad on the area and keep alternating with heat and the massaging.
  • I try to walk around and do a few squats as well
Again, this works well for me but I know that over time, I'll probably start to get more sore. But alternating sides seems to work well. I hope this helps!

Last edited:
@Katzoemac Ah I'm very excited for you! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

And yes, I did switch to daily PIO and no regrets so far! It's certainly early though, but what I'm doing seems to be working well. I think it's super important to use heat and massage after the shot to help the oil absorb, otherwise the oil can knot up in your muscle and that can cause discomfort and lumps. Here's what we do:

30 minutes before shot:
  • Clean injection site with alcohol wipe, apply numbing cream (Emla presciption) and tegaderm patch and leave it on for at least 30 minutes
  • In the last 10 minutes that I keep the numbing cream on, I use my heating pad on low on the injection area.
  • Then my husband wipes off the cream and preps the injection site for the shot as well as the syringe and the auto injector.
Directly after the shot:
  • My husband rubs the injection site with gauze, then I take over massaging for a few minutes. Then I sit with the heating pad on the area and keep alternating with heat and the massaging.
  • I try to walk around and do a few squats as well
Again, this works well for me but I know that over time, I'll probably start to get more sore. But alternating sides seems to work well. I hope this helps!

Thank you ! I will always do this then. Ill jist have to wake up earlier every morning.! Not a morning person lol! Yea update me :)

I had my transfer! We did 2 5dt because of my age she said it’s best. We had 2 high grade embryos Transferred so we are praying!! Hpt next! Ill do it in 7 days as welll! ☺️

The transfer went very well. The valium def helped calm my nerves i actually almost fell asleep haha. Now ill be relaxing all day :)

i hope everyone is doing well today!

@Katzoemac Wonderful news! Congratulations :dance: I'm glad to hear that everything went well! I wish the valium made me feel relaxed. Maybe my husband ruined my buzz by running late that morning LOL

Are you able to switch to PIO in the evenings now that you've had your transfer? My post-transfer instructions explained how to do it. It had to be mornings until the day of transfer. I double checked with the nurse because we were also switching to strictly PIO too, but it was the same thing - take a morning dose then an evening dose then the next day you can pick up with just evenings.

:wohoo:Congrats on your Transfer Katz!!!!

I'm getting all excited watching you and LadyVictoria talk about PIO and transfers.....I hope it all goes just as good for myself.

I should know in about 2 and half weeks what my future looks like as far as IVF. Meantime I will get back to exercising and eating clean/lean.

JUST WOW .......will be praying for you both

@Katzoemac Wonderful news! Congratulations :dance: I'm glad to hear that everything went well! I wish the valium made me feel relaxed. Maybe my husband ruined my buzz by running late that morning LOL

Are you able to switch to PIO in the evenings now that you've had your transfer? My post-transfer instructions explained how to do it. It had to be mornings until the day of transfer. I double checked with the nurse because we were also switching to strictly PIO too, but it was the same thing - take a morning dose then an evening dose then the next day you can pick up with just evenings.

haha! Benadryl knocks me out too, so maybe im just sensitive to meds idk haha!

so today i told my RE i was thinking to do PIO as i was concerned about doing endometrin today, she said that’s ok then endometrin again tomorrow. My endometrin is 2pills 2 x a day :/ i havent asked her about switching to daily PIO, i wanted to see how ill do first w this back to back PIO, well, i am in little more pain haha! Ill see how endometrin works for me for some more time haha!
But did you say if you do daily PIO, it will be twice a day? I only did 1 dose of PIO TODAY!! They didnt tell me! Now im concerend....i was already on valium when they explained :/

I'm getting all excited watching you and LadyVictoria talk about PIO and transfers.....I hope it all goes just as good for myself.

I should know in about 2 and half weeks what my future looks like as far as IVF. Meantime I will get back to exercising and eating clean/lean.

Thank you Ftale!! Im excited for you too! We are on same boat then, 2 week wait !
I love food so much, it’s hard to eat healthy for me, but im. Gona start cutting down salt lol! It’s a start haha!!

@FTale thank you, love! I can't wait for it to be your turn! I remember feeling a bit overwhelmed at the start and scared of all of the injections, but I've become much more brave and strong throughout this process. IVF turns you into a badass woman!

@Katzoemac I think the benadryl knockout is almost universal because it has that affect on me too! LOL Definitely give the Endometrin a little longer and see how you like it. Lots of people prefer it to shots, I'm just not one of them. And I'm only on PIO once a day. I just had to do it twice on the day that I switched from mornings to evenings.

1 day after transfer and i already am getting anxious...excited...i just want to know already! If only hpts were cheap lol! Just ranting at 1 AM waiting for my hubby to get to bed and pray before we sleep! Ill keep you all in mind! night night ladies!

1 day after transfer and i already am getting anxious...excited...i just want to know already! If only hpts were cheap lol! Just ranting at 1 AM waiting for my hubby to get to bed and pray before we sleep! Ill keep you all in mind! night night ladies!
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"