IVF BFP 'S .. The journey, the hope, the success.

Congratulations Deedee! At least you already know your LO s birthday :)
Miz that s so great you are gonna find out the gender. To be honest I am still hesitating if I want to know the gender before birth lol! Although we have the names picked up already now!

Sorry gals for the MIA. I am so under water at work, just too much going on, which doesn't really go well with my fatigue and on going morning sickness (still throwing up quite often at almost 14 weeks). Got my NT 10 days ago and all good. Some close colleagues of my team know about my pregnancy but I am gonna tell my boss today - as he is in town not that often at all, I see him every 2 months and today it is the day to do this face to face before I am turning too big.

Just wish every one all the best and really hoping my nausea would go away soon...

Well, I have this feeling it's girl, but I don't know what I'm basing it on. We (well, I) also have some names picked out, but we'll start the final "negotiations" once we find out the gender. Until today I was mostly excited about finding out the gender, now I'm starting to get nervous about the anatomy part of it. Fingers crossed that everything is ok.

It's a girl! I was right!!!

Oh, and everything else looks good, except they couldn't get a good look at the heart, so I have to go back in a few weeks. We tried everything to get the baby to turn around so they can see it, but she wouldn't. Anyway, it seems like everything is ok, ans this is just a formality.

Oh, and everything else looks good, except they couldn't get a good look at the heart, so I have to go back in a few weeks. We tried everything to get the baby to turn around so they can see it, but she wouldn't. Anyway, it seems like everything is ok, ans this is just a formality.

Wonderful news!! Congratulations on your little princess!!! :happydance: Good luck with the name negotiations. :thumbup:

The doctor booked my c-section for June 19th!!! Exactly 2 weeks! Im in shock that it is so close..... I'm still thinking my little stinker might surprise us all and flip head down before then..... I have another ultrasound today so we'll see! I haven't felt any large movements though and the doctor said that I would most definetly feel it...
:o That has come round so soon! I hope your LO does co-operate and go head down but if not at least you now have a date for when you will meet her :flower:

I'm just wondering what people do - do you pick a name and have some back ups in case the name doesn't "fit" the baby?
I am going to find out the sex of the baby tomorrow, so I'm starting to think about names now :)
We will narrow it down to a few name choices and combinations but the final decision probably won't be made until she is here (unless we can agree on a name combination beforehand but I can't see that happening since my DH is fairly reluctant to commit to names). I did make a spreadsheet with all the names I liked and had him go through it and say yes, no or maybe so I do have a start :thumbup: My sister was the opposite, she chose her daughters name very early on and her OH loved it too - so the only thing they had to decide after the birth was middle names :) They ended up choosing one middle name each :haha:

Sorry gals for the MIA. I am so under water at work, just too much going on, which doesn't really go well with my fatigue and on going morning sickness (still throwing up quite often at almost 14 weeks). Got my NT 10 days ago and all good. Some close colleagues of my team know about my pregnancy but I am gonna tell my boss today - as he is in town not that often at all, I see him every 2 months and today it is the day to do this face to face before I am turning too big.

Just wish every one all the best and really hoping my nausea would go away soon...
If it's any consolation I was throwing up until 19.5 weeks :dohh: It eased off a bit before that but then came back.

Glad your NT results were good - try and relax a bit at work (easier said than done I know!).

Congratulations on your little girl :cloud9: Now you can start choosing a name :happydance:

I wouldn't worry too much about the fact you have to go back, I had to get up and walk around, roll over etc to get our LO to move into the right position and my sister had the same as you, her LO was being incredibly stubborn and they couldn't see all of her heart properly either so she had to go back for a second scan. All was fine though - just her daughter being stubborn :haha:

As for me, I finally caved in and ordered a pram today :blush: I still don't want to make many purchases yet but I know there is a waiting time for prams and time was running out. I ended up going for an I-Candy Peach Jogger and the place I bought it from did a half price car seat deal so I ordered a Maxi-Cosi Pebble at the same time :flower: I let OH choose the car seat colour as I chose the pram colour :blush:

I got a text back from my midwife saying that all my test results were normal, so I assume that included my GD test which is good news. I had my anti-D jab last week and have my next consultant appointment on Wednesday so we will get to see out LO again then :flower:

Serenyx - Thanks for the reassurance! That's awesome that you are already buying stuff for the baby. I can't wait to start (but it's still too early - need to get the baby's room ready first).

Luciola - great news on the NT scan! I'm sure your boss will be excited for you (though generally in boss' minds, there is never a good time to take time off).

Chickadeedee - good luck with your c-section! I hope you post some pics of your little girl.

AFM - DH and I are off to Italy this week! I'm a bit scared about flying pregnant, but I'm excited for our vacation. I come back at the end of the month, so I'll catch up on how everyone is doing then. Can't wait to see Chickadeedee's pics!

Hello ladies!
We came back from a 2 week vacation.
I missed you so much and you were in my thoughts a lot!
We visited Boden See, Zurich see and Alps, Titisee and Lichtenstein. It was our second vacation ever! On the trip I had a little scare. I was walking down the hill and slipped on the rock and fell on my but. I was worried about the baby. I was thinking only possitive, the water surrounds him and he couldn't feel the bump, right?

I am feeling great! My nausea and fatigue was gone just before the trip. I have only one symptom: sore breasts and the pain is milder every day. I am so happy to hit 11 weeks, I'll be in a safer zone very soon. Then I'll quit my aspirin and I am slowly reducing my progesterone now.

My IVF bill came back and I have to pay for ICSI. It was never done. We have a letter from a dr who says "a natural cycle IVF was performed with an assited hatching". Not a word about ICSI. Is there is a mistake on the bill or I was not informed right?

My hubby's sperm dna results came back very good. Refernce range is <15, his number is 5. I beleave we had an implantation problem, aspirin and assited hatching did a trick!

I have a question. When did you stop sleeping on your tummy?
It will be the hardest change for me. I love this position!
Sending you best wishes!

Mizuno, congrats on little girl!

I am not going to find out the gender too, Luciola.

My boss said congratulations ye! Before he gave me another several projects... Fine...

Definitely vacation seasons now! Hope you all have had /will have a good time. We are traveling soon too to France my half home town, so excited to show to hubby who s never been there before!

I have had so many scary episodes Dov, i think you baby is totally fine, if you don't have any bleeding. I literally have had too many running around trips for work as a pregnant woman and it was so tiring and not funny. Today I still am so worrying about bub everyday.

Serenyx - Thanks for the reassurance! That's awesome that you are already buying stuff for the baby. I can't wait to start (but it's still too early - need to get the baby's room ready first).
If I was to wait to until her room was finished I wouldn't have anything :haha: I must be mad but we have just had an offer on a house accepted so we are looking to move just before bubba is due :wacko:

AFM - DH and I are off to Italy this week! I'm a bit scared about flying pregnant, but I'm excited for our vacation. I come back at the end of the month, so I'll catch up on how everyone is doing then. Can't wait to see Chickadeedee's pics!
Oh enjoy! Italy is lovely :flower: You will have a wonderful time :hugs:

We came back from a 2 week vacation.
I missed you so much and you were in my thoughts a lot!
We visited Boden See, Zurich see and Alps, Titisee and Lichtenstein. It was our second vacation ever! On the trip I had a little scare. I was walking down the hill and slipped on the rock and fell on my but. I was worried about the baby. I was thinking only possitive, the water surrounds him and he couldn't feel the bump, right?
That sounds like a wonderful holiday! Very jealous of all you ladies who have been or are going away :haha:

I am fairly sure your LO is well cushioned in there - I slipped in the shower and bubba was fine :)

I have a question. When did you stop sleeping on your tummy?
It will be the hardest change for me. I love this position!
Sending you best wishes!
I also was a big tummy sleeper but tried to condition myself fairly early on to sleep on my side. I do have one of those pregnancy pillows which does help.

My boss said congratulations ye! Before he gave me another several projects... Fine...

Definitely vacation seasons now! Hope you all have had /will have a good time. We are traveling soon too to France my half home town, so excited to show to hubby who s never been there before!
Another one who is going away :haha: I hope you have a lovely time :flower: That is good news about your boss :)

AFM - I had my 29 week scan today and everything seems to be going ok. Bubba has gone from the 75th percentile to just under the 50th but the consultant didn't seem to be concerned as she is still a good size for her gestation. I passed my GT test so I am still able to eat what I like :haha:

He brought up the question about what type of birth we want again today as he said time is ticking away. I either have to have an ELCS at 39 weeks or I can opt for a vaginal birth (I get told off when I call it a natural birth - he was telling me that clexane, aspirin etc isn't natural and that I should call it vaginal :blush: ).

He did warn me of the dangers of induction so I have decided that I won't be going too much over and if LO does go overdue then I will be booked in for a section anyway. However if anything I think she might be early.

So many things to think about!

Hope you are all doing ok :flower:

Hi ladies. Just popping in to say hi. I'm 21 weeks today. .yeah!! Babies move so much. They flip position all the time. It's rather uncomfortable when they do that. My breast are now leaking some. Fun.. lol. Just Lil droplets. My BHS are still around bit my cervix looks great still. I FINALLY got my maternity disability aproved. What a pain that was. I bought a recliner today. So i am much more comfy during the day. I had bought the snoogle total body pillow. It was nice except for the head pillow was too thick and firm for me. I found a regular body pillow does the trick better. Any way. Thought I'd pop in before my battery dies. Hugs to all.

AFM - I had my 29 week scan today and everything seems to be going ok. Bubba has gone from the 75th percentile to just under the 50th but the consultant didn't seem to be concerned as she is still a good size for her gestation. I passed my GT test so I am still able to eat what I like :haha:

He brought up the question about what type of birth we want again today as he said time is ticking away. I either have to have an ELCS at 39 weeks or I can opt for a vaginal birth (I get told off when I call it a natural birth - he was telling me that clexane, aspirin etc isn't natural and that I should call it vaginal :blush: ).

He did warn me of the dangers of induction so I have decided that I won't be going too much over and if LO does go overdue then I will be booked in for a section anyway. However if anything I think she might be early.

So many things to think about!

Hope you are all doing ok :flower:[/QUOTE]

Congrats on 29weeks and GT test!

c-section has been around for years. Induction isn't and it could be a danger for a baby( blood pressure drop) and you'll may end up with a c-section anyway. Induction could produce very strong contractions, much stronger than a natural once.
My RE told me about the danger of a vaginal birth in my situation. I have a bad eye sight. -9 each eye. Pushing could pop my eye nerve and I could become blind. My eye dr. will make the final decision.

I am very sad I may not be able to feel the pain and joy of a natural birth. My mom gave a birth to 3 children quickly, with only few pushes. I am sure I'll do the same, cos my body builed is similar to my mom's.

ON the other hand c-section is not that bad, I have an ugly scar from my appendix surgery, so having another one is not a big deal. Spinal anesthetic will be the scariest thing for a c-section to me. Dr. do it all the time, so I hope everything will be just fine.
In the end I'll do anything to be a healthy mommy and to have a healthy baby. Anything else it doesn't matter.

Congrats on 29weeks and GT test!

c-section has been around for years. Induction isn't and it could be a danger for a baby( blood pressure drop) and you'll may end up with a c-section anyway. Induction could produce very strong contractions, much stronger than a natural once.

I think with the help of our consultant we have decided I won't be induced. Instead we will book an ELCS for when she is approx 41 weeks. If she comes before that naturally then that will be wonderful though. All the signs point to the fact she will arrive early rather than late but they want us to be prepared for every situation.

My RE told me about the danger of a vaginal birth in my situation. I have a bad eye sight. -9 each eye. Pushing could pop my eye nerve and I could become blind. My eye dr. will make the final decision.

I am very sad I may not be able to feel the pain and joy of a natural birth. My mom gave a birth to 3 children quickly, with only few pushes. I am sure I'll do the same, cos my body builed is similar to my mom's.
Wow I had no idea that having bad eyesight possibly means you can't give birth naturally! I am sure your RE will choose the safest option for you x

ON the other hand c-section is not that bad, I have an ugly scar from my appendix surgery, so having another one is not a big deal. Spinal anesthetic will be the scariest thing for a c-section to me. Dr. do it all the time, so I hope everything will be just fine.
Oh a scar is the least of my worries! What scares me more, like yourself, is the spinal anaesthetic! I have already said I do not want an epidural if I give birth vaginally. I am also a little concerned about the recovery time and whether they let you try again after a section (as we have a few frosties left).

In the end I'll do anything to be a healthy mommy and to have a healthy baby. Anything else it doesn't matter.
Exactly! In the end I just want her here safe and sound so will let them choose the best way for that to happen :) I just don't think I want an early section if it is not necessary.

hey, all, popping in for a second, quitting time at work! I am 32+3 today, kinda uncomfortable, but actually feeling better than in my 2nd tri!! No back or front pains anymore, some hemorrhoids (eek), but not too bad... Pressure is getting worse though, especially each time I get up from the chair, they weigh combined 7.5 lbs no wonder.

We are going to schedule CS around 38 weeks (7/22), since the boy is a tad bigger and flips up and down all the time. Plus I'm no fan of vaginal anyway... Yes, spinal block/epi scares me too, I am a freako when it comes to feeling my body parts!

As far as eye sight, I heard it too, in Europe, but here in US no one ever had apparently. I have a bad eye sight too (-6 to -7).

And yes, to have more excitement, we are in a process of buying a house, done with offer and inspection now just waiting on appraisal. Closing date can be anywhere from 7/11 (my agent thinks) and 7/28 (mortgage broker thinks). If it's that late, don't think we will be moving until August. Eeek. Wasn't really planned, just happened to be looking around and found a house...

I am 12 weeeeeeks! eeeek! In a month I gained 5cm on my waist and 1kg. It's not a baby yet, I think it's estrogen put on some soft fat on my tummy.
I have my first gyno appoinment on the 4th of July.

I did my hormone tests and they were high! I have reduced my progesterone from 3 to 2 a day 15 days ago.
My progesterone is 47, doubled since May.
My esrtrogen tripled 1700.
All the numbers are in a healthy range.
My hcg grew only 1500, now it's 64117. I was a bit suprised. But I read that is peaks by 8weeks and than drops down. Dr. doesn't measure hcg anymore, just goes by u/s.

girls, did your dr. checked your hcg? I think they do it for a down syndrome. If it's too high, it's no good.

Another tests I did were: Protein C and Protein S. They have to do with a blood clot disorder. If I am clear, I am getting off aspirin slowly this week.
I am a doctor for myself for now :flower:
I am having hormonal headaches, migraines for 3 days now. Magnesium helps. So far it's my only symptom.
ladies, how did you quit your progesterone?
Did you reduce one pill a week?
Thanks!

flagirlie7,:happydance: for a maternity leave. Lots of to do before babies come! Congrats on buying a house!

postalmom, recliner and a body pillow hopefully will make you more comfy waiting for your babies to arrive!

haha no maternity leave for me yet (at this point maybe starting a day before my scheduled C)... but then I will stay at home for solid 2 months.

Dovkav, congrats on making it to 12 weeks!! It seems to go by faster and faster for me. Hopefully that will continue as the pregnancy progresses. My progesterone was quit cold turkey. I think most ladies did as well. It shouldn't be a problem now. They didn't even check mine. They just said. . Ya, just finish what you have left and that's it.
My recliner is helping tons. I think dh is enjoying the body pillow too. I keep waking up to him with his leg and arm around it. Lol. I envy flagirlie still working and possibly up to her c sec. There's no way I could do that. I hurt so bad over the weekend. Sometimes I can barely walk or stand up straight. My Dh days I moan and yelp thru the night which is keeping him up as well. I have found that when I do sleep, I sleep heavy. Other than my physical pain, I love feeling them move. I can see it now as well as can record it. I share all of it with Megan. It's so nice having her to share with. The babies are very strong and very active. I will remain on weekly cervical checks until further notice. That also means weekly u/s. I have already lost count of how many I have had.

38+ weeks and getting used to being on maternity leave (as of yesterday). I went in for my weekly checkup, and my cervix is still closed & LO still hasn't dropped yet. DH and I have reasons for wanting her to stay in until at least this weekend (though we're excited to welcome her whenever she's ready to come!). My doctor doesn't think she'll be coming any time soon. I surely hope I don't go over my due date, though! :wacko:

Chickadeedee - any luck with yours rotating? Your c-section date is coming up! Do you feel ready? :hugs:

Hello!!! Sorry I've been so quiet :( just sitting and waiting!
No news here - as of Thursday she was still breech and weighing 7 lbs 7 oz!!! So c section is on for Thursday! I'll be 39 weeks exactly!
I'm nervous and excited!!! I don't think I'll ever be ready ;)

Disney - I hear you on wanting her to stay in as long as possible - Ive been terrified that I'll go into labor before Thurs and have to have an emergency csection! Also, I left a lot to be done for tomorrow in order to stay busy...

Dovkav - I only had 2 betas. I've never heard of high numbers being related to Downs. I had other blood tests for that..
And I quit my progesterone cold turkey at 8 weeks. Scary!!! But two different doctors assured me that by 8 weeks the progesterone was not going to name or break my pregnancy.

Postal - hope you're enjoying your maternity leave!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->