IVF BFP 'S .. The journey, the hope, the success.

Mizuno, ya, I'm not happy with the diagnosis. Seems like a catch all. I just can't see where sex would cause that much blood. Earlier in the pregnancy we had spotting twice from sex. This was not Even close to the same. I have an apt at 8:15 am tomorrow to see my dr. I'll let you know what he says. We all learn from each other on here.

Mizuno - Congrats on finding out its a girl and reaching V-week! xx

OMG Postal :( what an awful experience!!! :hugs: Weird that they said it was due to sex though? Good in a way cos at least u know ur babies are good and unaffected as i can only imagine how fearful you were for them :hugs: xx

Flagirl - Eeek!!! 6 more days :happydance: xx

Misch - How u getting on - cant believe ur 20 weeks already! xx

Hope all u other lovely ladies are doing well? xx

afm - im patiently (not) waiting for the phone call to say if a) blast survived the thaw and b) if im goin in for a transfer or not - pray for me!!

Plex - I'm doing alright thanks. It's been a long 20 weeks i'm looking forward to November so I can have my body back ...lol.

Have you heard from your clinic yet?

Postal - If you're not happy with the diagnosis the keep pushing. You know your body better than anyone.

Postalmom, I am so sorry for the scare. It was horrible!
I don't like the idea of a glucose test, I'll refuse doing it. It is a shock for a baby and me. I am not eating sugar for years now(no ice cream, cookies, chocolate, cos I have pimples growing or yeast problems,,),I eat only fruit. I guess refined sugar is my problem not a natural fructose.
I hope that glucose test didn't cause your bleeding.

Plex hope and pray for you really hard that you'll get your ET today.

Plex I'm praying for you!

I went to my obgyn today. First he opened me up and took a good look inside. He had to swab out all the brown left inside still. He couldn't find where the blood had came from. Full sonogram again. Boys are 1 lb 15 oz and 2 lb 2 oz. Everything looks fine. My Dr is stumped. He said he had no idea where the blood came from or why. He did say that if it happens again, he will throw me in the hospital. I passed my 3 hour glucose tolerance test. Woohoo!!! No GD!!! However my bed rest will be more strict now, my Dr is concerned. So on the way home I stopped and got a hair cut. : )
Flagirlie7 , how are you doing? You are so close! ! I wish I was close! ! Although I'm not prepared or feel ready at all. I did get a small hospital bag packed for am emergency. I will put more in it after my baby shower on Sunday. I sure hope I can with stand the length of the party. Just going to the dr and getting a hair cut wiped me out today. It wasn't like this with my last set of twins. I was chasing a 2 year old around. I have no energy this time.

Quick update - Im now officially PUPO :happydance: Im really hoping that this one sticks!! My lil blast thawed really well and im so chuffed :D Im feeling cautiously optimistic :)

Postal - sorry ur bedrest is more strict now :( what can you do if anything? :hugs: not a good place to be at but if it keeps ur babies safe an d inside for as long as possible then its more than worth it! xx

How is everyone else doing? xx

congrats on being PUPO plex!!!
Sending lots of baby dust you way!!!!
:dust::dust:

Plex yeah!!! Congrats! ! Sticky sticky wishes to you! !!
Bed rest is sooooo boring. I'm not allowed to spend much time on my feet. If I do go to a store I use a wheel chair or electric scooter. Even that wears me out now. I had bought some cross stitch kits, and I can crochet. I have a mini tv with built in DVD player next to my bed (on top of my mini fridge) and I use my samsung galaxy s5 to watch Netflix. It's really frustrating. My mom is down here cleaning and changing everything around to get ready for my baby shower. I can't help at all. All I get to do is look in on them for my aproved and food request. I do feel like such a burden. I can see why many woman on BR end up depressed. What's scary to think of... my girls all start back at school I believe it's Aug 17th or 19th. My mom leaves this Sunday after the shower. I'm not sure how I'll cope with no one here with me mentally or food wise. I guess I'll have to have the girls freeze me some meals that I can microwave. I've been thinking. .. what if I have another bleed? Sometimes my husband is in a helicopter now looking at power lines. He may not get my call. My mother in law .. she's cooky and a terrible driver. Everyone else works. I know I'm worrying over nothing. Everything will be fine. I just keep telling myself. . Every day they are still in me is a blessing. No matter how uncomfortable I am. : )

Gosh hun :hugs: doesnt sounds nice at all - ive just been told to do nothing for 24hrs and thats hard enough!! :( Such a difficult position to be in, theres only aso much u can google, watch read or do without wanting to just get up and get out there.

I have to say though that id be scared into the bed rest anyway after ur horrible experience :hug: Its good that ur doc seems to have a more open opinion to the bleed and wants to err on the side of caution.

What cross stitch kits do you have? I love cross stitch - takes me ages to complete them though :haha: I have about 20+, i just jump from one to the next as i get frustrated and bored :dohh:

xx

Alright we got the house yesterday so now I can breathe. I have to admit it was a good distraction for time being but also extra stress. Now my DH thinks of moving but I'm just like whatever we manage is fine. I command my little munchkins to last through the world cup and house process. Good babies. 4 days to go!

Glad it was nothing serious Postal :hugs:

Quick update - Im now officially PUPO :happydance: Im really hoping that this one sticks!! My lil blast thawed really well and im so chuffed :D Im feeling cautiously optimistic :)
So pleased for you Plex - stick little embie, stick :happydance:

Alright we got the house yesterday so now I can breathe. I have to admit it was a good distraction for time being but also extra stress. Now my DH thinks of moving but I'm just like whatever we manage is fine. I command my little munchkins to last through the world cup and house process. Good babies. 4 days to go!
Congratulations on the house completion! Ours seems to have stalled a bit at the moment - the survey has thrown up lots of issues :( Can't believe your LO's will be here on Monday! :happydance:

Plex - Great new! Hope you're feeling well..

Postal - Bed rest sounds bloody awful!

I had my 20 week scan today and i'm on team Pink! My little lady is going to get the sister she wants. I was also told I have a placenta previa which isn't great.

Oh no!
Do you have any symptoms?
Did your dr. gave you special orders?
It may resolve on it's own, keep on eye on it.

Dovkav - I had no idea. I actually thought my placenta was above my bump so I couldn't have been more wrong. I'm completely fine I have no symptoms, I've had no bleeding the only thing I have noticed is that 40% of the time when I have a wee I get a very low and central cramping which is uncomfortable but I have no idea if that's related or if its just were baby is sat from time to time.

I'm not worried at all as i'm having a planned section so it shouldn't I just hope it stays put and i don't bleed because I can't go into hospital as I have a daughter who has autism so I cant leave her.

I've been in the hospital since yesterday. 2 trips to the ER before I was admitted for a D&C. :nope: I started getting constant heavy bleeding yesterday and was passing massive blood clots. The D&C was performed this morning, and the bleeding has slowed (but still exists). I got a blood transfusion, too. I hope I can go home and get back to my LO tomorrow. I miss her so much. :cry:

The term "hysterectomy" was mentioned as a possibility if the bleeding didn't stop. I think (hope) that's no longer a necessary consideration. The OB says the same thing is likely to happen again if we have more children in the future. :nope:

mish - I was told that I have a low lying placenta (though 2.5 cm from the cervix doesn't sound so low to me). At first I freaked out, but now I see it's not that uncommon (apparently especially after IVF) and am not too worried.

disney - that's awful! do they know why this happened? I'm sorry you have to be away from your baby.

flagirlie - good luck on Monday! how exciting!

AFM - not much going on. the baby is growing and kicking. I can feel her only really low, like just above my pubic area. I wonder why she doesn't explore the real estate a bit more (my belly is definitely growing). I'm worried that she is too squished in that area, especially as I sit all day at work.

No idea on the cause. My doctor was just in to see me, and she said that it's not common to have postpartum hemorrhaging like I had, but she has seen it happen. She said it can sometimes be caused by a long hard labor (check) or having a big baby (check). She's letting me go home today (yay!), but I don't know how quickly they will be able to execute her orders. The hospital is miserable when you're not on the maternity ward. The nurses here in the surgical area are not exactly the A-team. :nope:

I'm super engorged right now, and my boobs are so sore. I can only pump when DH is here because of the IVs in my left elbow and hand. I don't know how to get rid of the blockages but hope to address them at home. I'm afraid that not pumping regularly is going to hurt my already low milk supply.

I had my 20 week scan today and i'm on team Pink! My little lady is going to get the sister she wants. I was also told I have a placenta previa which isn't great.
Congratulations on another little girl :flower:

Hopefully your placenta previa will resolve itself. it still has plenty of time to move up :hugs:

No idea on the cause. My doctor was just in to see me, and she said that it's not common to have postpartum hemorrhaging like I had, but she has seen it happen. She said it can sometimes be caused by a long hard labor (check) or having a big baby (check). She's letting me go home today (yay!), but I don't know how quickly they will be able to execute her orders. The hospital is miserable when you're not on the maternity ward. The nurses here in the surgical area are not exactly the A-team. :nope:

I'm super engorged right now, and my boobs are so sore. I can only pump when DH is here because of the IVs in my left elbow and hand. I don't know how to get rid of the blockages but hope to address them at home. I'm afraid that not pumping regularly is going to hurt my already low milk supply.
Oh Disney - this sounds horrendous! I hope you managed to get home and that all is ok now! Was it anything to do with having a c-section? (sorry I am already panicking about a c-section :blush: ).

Is your milk supply any better now? I hope it wasn't adversely affected by your impromptu hospital stay :hugs:

Does anyone know anything about a pyogenic granuloma (aka pregnancy tumor)? I have what looks like a blood blister come up on my lower lip which has been there for probably 2 weeks now, it was getting larger but I knocked it yesterday and I couldn't stop the bleeding for over an hour :wacko: I'll mention it to my midwife next time I see her which isn't for another 9 days, I am in with the consultant tomorrow by will feel a bit silly bothering him with this (especially since it is a different consultant tomorrow since my regular one is on holiday).

Oh Disney - this sounds horrendous! I hope you managed to get home and that all is ok now! Was it anything to do with having a c-section? (sorry I am already panicking about a c-section :blush: ).

Is your milk supply any better now? I hope it wasn't adversely affected by your impromptu hospital stay :hugs:

Does anyone know anything about a pyogenic granuloma (aka pregnancy tumor)? I have what looks like a blood blister come up on my lower lip which has been there for probably 2 weeks now, it was getting larger but I knocked it yesterday and I couldn't stop the bleeding for over an hour :wacko: I'll mention it to my midwife next time I see her which isn't for another 9 days, I am in with the consultant tomorrow by will feel a bit silly bothering him with this (especially since it is a different consultant tomorrow since my regular one is on holiday).

Sorry, I forgot to post an update. It took the nurses about an hour and a half to get around to discharging me after my doctor put in the discharge orders. I'm so glad to be back at home. I don't think the hemorrhaging was due to my c-section. I looked it up, and what I had would be called a delayed or secondary postpartum hemorrhage, which apparently is very rare.

DH and I always planned on having at least 2 kids. We have 3 frozen embryos (all genetically tested as normal) ready to go. We are at a loss at what to do in the future, though, given that the OB said it could very likely happen to me again. My entire pregnancy went as smoothly as possible, so this was a big (SCARY) shock for us. We definitely feel blessed to have at least one child (I <3 her so much!) -- we don't know if it's worth the risk to go for another down the road.

My milk supply was already low, but it definitely took a hit. I'm doing my best to increase it. :(

I hope the blister is nothing to be worried about. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->