IVF BFP 'S .. The journey, the hope, the success.

Disney, don't give up! Keep trying to build your milk supply. At worse case, you pump for her. Bottles are so much easier for babies to use, so they do get lazy. Once you have a good milk supply it will just flow out of you. I pumped for 4 months with my twins(first set). Beat feed one and bottle fed the other.
I keep having breast feeding dreams lately. I'll take it as a good sign. I already have colostrum. It's not leaking enough to wear a pad yet, but enough so go thru a tshirt at times. In my dreams robbie has a hard time at the beginning of feedings but they both catch on fast. Also in my dreams I bring them home on day 5. I pray that that's what happens. If I can keep these boys in. . Woohoo. I have my perinatal dr today with the 4d sonogram. I can't wait to know what they wiegh now! !

Thanks, PostalMom! :hugs: We brought Audrey home on day 5. We would have been released a day sooner if she wasn't losing so much weight. I'm looking forward to hearing how your appointment goes! So exciting!! :thumbup:

Disney, I am having same issues. Babies did latch on in the post op, but refused the second time, screaming off hunger. Not sure they even got anything the first time. And I have been without food since midnight. So hospital offered little formula nursers and they got used to it fast, they don't want to latch anymore. I still try here and there. But I keep pumping whenever I can and it's hard to keep it regular around two! She has been more fussy with powder formula, so I give her 50% my milk and rest liquid formula. He gets mostly powder, occasionally my milk. Oh well. That's life I guess. Told hospital they should have tried and helped me more!

Hang in there flagirlie! Pumping is a lot of work (I'm pumping now, in fact :haha:), but it's worth it to give LO something. There's a sticky thread in the breastfeeding forum for people who are pumping exclusively. It's interesting to read the tips from other moms who are or were tied to their pumps.

We have been supplementing my milk with liquid formula. The hospital told us not to use powder formula until she is at least 2 months old. We have to use a soy-based one as DH is allergic to dairy, and we don't know if she has the same allergy. I hope not.

My hope is to eventually switch back to breastfeeding once my milk supply is better and the flow improves. If only I can get her to stop chomping on my nipples when she does latch! I think she picked up that habit when the lactation consultants at the hospital forced a nipple shield on me. That nipple shield combined with LO's method of sucking led to me with shredded, raw, bleeding nipples. Sorry if that was TMI. :blush:

By the way ladies, this thing is awesome at getting the baby to fall asleep!

https://www.toysrus.com/buy/sound-a...ious-sleep-baby-bundle-dohmie-bundle-29371356

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51zNHaYIJmL._SX590_.jpg

It sounds like a fan is running, but it seems more effective than the sleep sheep, which we also have. I chose this after reading the reviews on Amazon months ago.

Thanks! We saw my OB yesterday for a follow-up post-hospital visit. DH and I asked about risks with getting pregnant again. She said that she wouldn't let what happened to me discourage us from expanding our family further if we wanted to. She advised that if we were to have another baby, she'd recommend a scheduled c-section over a VBAC to eliminate the possibility of another long labor. We'd also want to keep an eye on the size of the baby as our LO was pretty big (and overdue) at 9 lbs, 5 oz. She said that they can give me medication that would help control bleeding and help my uterus contract more to help it shrink back down faster. She said that it's possible that the long labor and excess Pitocin that I was given may have impacted my body's ability to react to my own oxytocin after birth. She did say that there are no guarantees and that I am at a higher risk of it happening again since it did happen before. I guess we just have to think about it (and we do have time). We have 3 normal embryos on ice...

I'm sure the blister is nothing, but it's probably a good idea to get it looked at. Good luck! :hugs:
That is some positive news from your OB! At least she didn't say you can't have another - I am sure you would be closely monitored next time to prevent it from happening again :hugs:

I asked my consultant about the blister and he didn't know so told me to go and see the doctor. I made an appt. and the first doctor had no idea but he called in the head doctor for the practice and he immediately said it looked like a pyogenic granuloma (the internet can be useful for diagnosis sometimes :haha:). They have referred me to a dermatologist but I won't get an appt. for another 8 - 10 weeks and if it is simply caused by the pregnancy hormones it should have receded by itself by that point :flower: It is just such a pain as it bleeds very easily and I have knocked it a few times (that and it looks awful :dohh: )

Serenyx, are you next?
I think I might be - we have a csection booked for just less than 3 weeks time :wacko:

I was very sad to know that my movements are caused by gass.:cry: My dr. is indeed right. I felt with my hand 3 waves last night and in few minutes (Prepare TMI)-3 times gass!!!
I havn't felt anything like that in my life. I think it's a positive news, cos the baby is growing and pressing on the bowel, that's why I can feel this since my 15 week mark. The flutters I feel every day and they are stronger.
I didn't feel definite movement until I was 20 weeks so you will get there soon :hugs:

My anatomy scan is coming up and it can be long one. I debating if I'll do that one, maybe just a quick look at heart, stomach and bladder.
I guess on 20 week pregnancy is a good time to do it. Any advice?
Personally I would always have the anatomy scan done as they are looking for any major issues, if they find something then they can put measures in place to help the baby earlier rather than waiting until they are born to discover any problems.

Oh yeah - I don't think I ever posted a picture of our baby girl. This was taken the morning after she was born. She lost a little bit of weight after the picture was taken but has since gained it back (2.5 weeks later). Her cheeks are less round now, but they are still pinchably cute. :cloud9:
She is gorgeous Disney! Congratulations again :hugs:

As for me - big surprise 2 days ago at my anatomy scan: our baby girl turned out to be a boy! Aaa agh! Can't believe it - my husband only just managed to pronounce that long French girl's name as he doesn't speak French at all. Now another round of name brainstorming for the baby boy!
Oh! I bet that was a bit of a shock lol He was obviously being shy at your previous scan and hiding his bits :blush: I hope you find a name you love as much as your girls name :) You have a bit of time to decide though.

AFM - I've had a couple of scans. I'm having a girl which is great as its what my daughter wants. I have a fair few problems with my placenta so I have lots of scans booked in. I'm at high risk for pre-eclampsia and IUGR so been monitored very closely.
I'm glad to hear they are monioring you closely - I hope all is ok :hugs:

Anyone know how plex is getting on?
I've just checked her journal - it appears she had a BFN from her frozen :cry:

Thanks everyone! Motherhood is wonderful. Audrey is keeping me very busy (and very tired!). Breastfeeding didn't go so well since the hospital had me supplement with a bottle -- her latch was poor before, but she's also lazy at the breast given that my milk supply is still pitiful and it's more work to get milk than getting it from the bottle. I'm pumping every time the baby eats, so she's getting breast milk and formula at each feeding. I'm on a couple of supplements and am pumping extra whenever I can, but it's hard to find time when DH is at work. I'm only able to provide 30-50% of her meal quota but am hopeful that things will improve.

Good news is that I've been feeling better physically, and there have been no more trips to the hospital. :thumbup: I still have some tenderness around my incision, but I feel pretty normal otherwise. I can't wait to stop taking my iron supplement (twice daily) as it's a pain to make sure that I'm taking it on an empty stomach when I need to keep my calories up for milk production (I have to take it at least 2 hours after eating and one hour before eating, which means I must go at least 3 hours without eating anything when I take it).
I'm glad to hear you are feeling better :flower: Sorry the breast feeding is still going slowly - I hope your supply improves soon :hugs:

Disney, I am having same issues. Babies did latch on in the post op, but refused the second time, screaming off hunger. Not sure they even got anything the first time. And I have been without food since midnight. So hospital offered little formula nursers and they got used to it fast, they don't want to latch anymore. I still try here and there. But I keep pumping whenever I can and it's hard to keep it regular around two! She has been more fussy with powder formula, so I give her 50% my milk and rest liquid formula. He gets mostly powder, occasionally my milk. Oh well. That's life I guess. Told hospital they should have tried and helped me more!
Sorry to hear you are also having issues with breast feeding :( I went to a breast feeding class last weekend and they did say that it can be slow to come in after a csection :(

We have been supplementing my milk with liquid formula. The hospital told us not to use powder formula until she is at least 2 months old. We have to use a soy-based one as DH is allergic to dairy, and we don't know if she has the same allergy. I hope not.

My hope is to eventually switch back to breastfeeding once my milk supply is better and the flow improves. If only I can get her to stop chomping on my nipples when she does latch! I think she picked up that habit when the lactation consultants at the hospital forced a nipple shield on me. That nipple shield combined with LO's method of sucking led to me with shredded, raw, bleeding nipples. Sorry if that was TMI. :blush:
Ouch! That sounds incredibly painful :nope: I hope she develops a less painful technique soon!

Not too much to report here - I had a midwife appt. a couple of days ago where she (semi-jokingly) told me off for not having my hospital bag packed yet :haha: So I popped out to the shops today to collect a few bits for it and happened to bump into my midwife whilst I was there! We had a lovely chat - she is really nice and we get on very well :flower: I will only see her once more before I give birth, now that's a pretty scary thought :wacko:

I must admit I am getting more and more nervous as the time ticks on though - not so much with the birth, just with all that could go wrong :dohh: I don't think i'll relax until she is safely here :hugs:

Hi ladies, sorry for disapearing. I had my growth Scan last Friday. The boys are now weighing 2 lbs 11 oz and 2 lbs 14 oz. They are in the 48th and 58th percentile. So the dr is very happy with thier sizes. I finally got my crib and put it up. I love it! Also for my swing I decided on the 4moms mamaroo. If you haven't seen this swing. .. your missing out. It's amazing! It's worth the money. Plus all models of fisher price and Graco have reviews stating the motors burn out. I wanted a plug in, not just battery operated. Who wants to spend a fortune on batteries or rechargeables? Any way.. check it out. If you like it.. many styles do price match and I found it online for 199 at bambibaby.com. plus if you sign up for the emails they give another 5% off and have free shipping. I got buy buy baby to price match. Came to 189.99.. yeah!!!

Serenyx - you're getting close! So exciting! :happydance:

PostalMom - Great news about the babies! :thumbup: We bought the 4moms Mamaroo for our LO, too. :thumbup:

I baked "Lactation Cookies" (oatmeal chocolate chip) today to add to the other supplements I'm taking to try to boost my milk supply. I'm hoping they will help. They at least taste like normal cookies.

My obgyn told me that when I hit 34 weeks they will let the babies come if they want to. Yeah!!! I'm feeling more and more ready. I'm terribly uncomfortable. In pain a lot. But when I feel them or see my belly moving. . I find the strength to go on. I measured ny fundal hieght... measuring 44 weeks now.

PostalMom - Great news about the babies! :thumbup: We bought the 4moms Mamaroo for our LO, too. :thumbup:

I baked "Lactation Cookies" (oatmeal chocolate chip) today to add to the other supplements I'm taking to try to boost my milk supply. I'm hoping they will help. They at least taste like normal cookies.
I go in for my pre-assessment appointment today - only another 6 days to go :wacko:

I looked at the 4moms Mamaroo after you both posted about it - ouch that price :haha: It does look good though :thumbup:

Did the lactation cookies help at all?

Serenyx, your are almost at the finishing line! How excited!
Did your dr. check your cervix?
I wish you all the best today!

how is everybogy else doing?

I just came back from the dentist and she told me I have gingivitis. I have never had it in my life and it's pregnancy related, the hormones thickens saliva and more bacteria get trapped in. She suggested to do a profesional teeth cleaning now and before the birth. I did. My teeth feels so wondeful. Also she w/o x-rays could find 3 cavaties but she is only 60% sure we'll wait till the birth to look at those closer. The bad news is that she suggests to pull out my 2 wisdom teeth cos they have cavaties and it's really hard to fix them. This is insane, I have to pull my teeth, when they don't cause me discomfort.
My dr. told me to clean my teeth everytime I eat 2 min after. I have to floss 2 a day, listerine is a pregnancy safe liquid.
Another tip she gave me, don't lay down on your back after 7 months of pregnancy. If you go to a dentist you have to tell them to incline the seat.
Ladies, take care of your teeth very well!

My obgyn told me that when I hit 34 weeks they will let the babies come if they want to. Yeah!!! I'm feeling more and more ready. I'm terribly uncomfortable. In pain a lot. But when I feel them or see my belly moving. . I find the strength to go on. I measured ny fundal hieght... measuring 44 weeks now.

You're getting closer and closer -- hang in there! :hugs:

I go in for my pre-assessment appointment today - only another 6 days to go :wacko:

I looked at the 4moms Mamaroo after you both posted about it - ouch that price :haha: It does look good though :thumbup:

Did the lactation cookies help at all?

Wow - so close! Are you ready?

I got the Mamaroo at 20% off with a coupon. :winkwink:

I haven't noticed a big difference, so I'm not sure I can say they are working. I may add more brewers yeast next time I make a batch since that's the main ingredient that's supposed to make a difference. I'm still working on the dough that's in my freezer (I baked half and froze the remaining cookie dough in preformed balls).

Serenyx, your are almost at the finishing line! How excited!
Did your dr. check your cervix?
I wish you all the best today!

how is everybogy else doing?

I just came back from the dentist and she told me I have gingivitis. I have never had it in my life and it's pregnancy related, the hormones thickens saliva and more bacteria get trapped in. She suggested to do a profesional teeth cleaning now and before the birth. I did. My teeth feels so wondeful. Also she w/o x-rays could find 3 cavaties but she is only 60% sure we'll wait till the birth to look at those closer. The bad news is that she suggests to pull out my 2 wisdom teeth cos they have cavaties and it's really hard to fix them. This is insane, I have to pull my teeth, when they don't cause me discomfort.
My dr. told me to clean my teeth everytime I eat 2 min after. I have to floss 2 a day, listerine is a pregnancy safe liquid.
Another tip she gave me, don't lay down on your back after 7 months of pregnancy. If you go to a dentist you have to tell them to incline the seat.
Ladies, take care of your teeth very well!

Good luck with the dental work! :hugs:

Hi ladies. I'm so over these stupid BHs. It's not fair to have them all the time and them be painful for so long before the real thing. I get them all the time. Just had one last over 10 minutes. I tried walking, bending over at the kitchen counter, laying down, going to the bathroom. .. nothing helped. I'm not dilating. Just miserable. My nurse assigned to me thru my insurance thinks I could go in to labor any time. I have all of the signs of preterm labor except dilating. I need the strength to make it 3 more weeks. .

postal mom, hoping and praying for you to hold on for 3 more weeks and sending you virtual hugs:hugs:

Serenyx, thinking of you every day. Wishing you the best on the day of the labor.

I had my 21w1d scan. U/S took few minutes. We requested the short one.
The baby's head was near my belly botton, my tears went down my chin. I was so emotional to hear this. Dr. couldn't take a photo of the face cos he was laying down towards my back. All the measurements head, belly, hips were dating between 21w1d-21w4days. We saw black spots in the tummy and in the bladder, it means liquid is there, digestive system is developed nicely. His heart was was beating strong and I could see 3 beautiful heart valves. His heart beat was 140bpm. We are staying team yellow. The best suprise of all was the due date. It's not on the 29th of December. It's on the 26th of December on my birthday!!!! This is the best present ever! This is a double one, Christmas and birthday suprise! I am so happy, excited and blessed that little 8w2day(last u/s) peanut grew in a such a big and healthy pomegranate.
I have a question ladies, do you change your EED even when you know your conception day after IVF?

Varicose vein on my left leg and overall pain in my legs are the only complaints I have so far. Dr. prescribed compression stockings. Have you used them, do you know if somebody else wore them?
My mom has varicose veins and so do I. It's genetic, I have week veins, and during pregnancy they showing up. It's not big deal. It's only a cosmetic problem, my varicose vein may dissapear after the delivery, if not there are some options to remove them. The good news is that I do carry lots of genetics from my mom, and I hope I carry her "easy delivery gene" too ( she delivered 3 kids quick and easy, without even pushing, they came out like from the cannon.)
I wish you all, ladies, easy labor like my mom's

I hope everything is going well with Serenyx!

Hi ladies. I'm so over these stupid BHs. It's not fair to have them all the time and them be painful for so long before the real thing. I get them all the time. Just had one last over 10 minutes. I tried walking, bending over at the kitchen counter, laying down, going to the bathroom. .. nothing helped. I'm not dilating. Just miserable. My nurse assigned to me thru my insurance thinks I could go in to labor any time. I have all of the signs of preterm labor except dilating. I need the strength to make it 3 more weeks. .

Oh, hang in there PostalMom! The finish line is in sight! :hugs:

postal mom, hoping and praying for you to hold on for 3 more weeks and sending you virtual hugs:hugs:

Serenyx, thinking of you every day. Wishing you the best on the day of the labor.

I had my 21w1d scan. U/S took few minutes. We requested the short one.
The baby's head was near my belly botton, my tears went down my chin. I was so emotional to hear this. Dr. couldn't take a photo of the face cos he was laying down towards my back. All the measurements head, belly, hips were dating between 21w1d-21w4days. We saw black spots in the tummy and in the bladder, it means liquid is there, digestive system is developed nicely. His heart was was beating strong and I could see 3 beautiful heart valves. His heart beat was 140bpm. We are staying team yellow. The best suprise of all was the due date. It's not on the 29th of December. It's on the 26th of December on my birthday!!!! This is the best present ever! This is a double one, Christmas and birthday suprise! I am so happy, excited and blessed that little 8w2day(last u/s) peanut grew in a such a big and healthy pomegranate.
I have a question ladies, do you change your EED even when you know your conception day after IVF?

Varicose vein on my left leg and overall pain in my legs are the only complaints I have so far. Dr. prescribed compression stockings. Have you used them, do you know if somebody else wore them?
My mom has varicose veins and so do I. It's genetic, I have week veins, and during pregnancy they showing up. It's not big deal. It's only a cosmetic problem, my varicose vein may dissapear after the delivery, if not there are some options to remove them. The good news is that I do carry lots of genetics from my mom, and I hope I carry her "easy delivery gene" too ( she delivered 3 kids quick and easy, without even pushing, they came out like from the cannon.)
I wish you all, ladies, easy labor like my mom's

Great news on the ultrasound! I never had my EDD changed. All of my doctors always said that you can't get more exact on the due date when you do IVF. I didn't get varicose veins - good luck with them! :hugs:

Thanks ladies x

We had our little baby girl yesterday afternoon :) She is doing really well :cloud9:

We are so in love with her, she is perfect :kiss:

I hope the rest if you are all doing okay :)

Thanks ladies x

We had our little baby girl yesterday afternoon :) She is doing really well :cloud9:

We are so in love with her, she is perfect :kiss:

I hope the rest if you are all doing okay :)

Congrats!!! :happydance: Have you named her yet?

Serenyx - Congratulations

Postal - I will keep my fingers crossed they stay in as long as possible

As for me no news really - everything is going well, passed my two hours glucose test. I need to go in for blood test next week cos my blood is rhesus negative . Slowly starting to buy things for the babies. Got the cutest snow suits today ( well they will be born just before winter :)
Started prenatal yoga few weeks ago , thinking it may help with my back pain but for some reason I found it really annoying. I have terrible leg cramps and night and feeling so heavy...
Me and DH decided on names.... Aria and Florence...

Serenyx, congrats on your Lil girl! ! I bet is such a relief!
Bizzibii, I get leg cramps too. But i think the restless leg is worse. It makes it nearly impossible to go to sleep.
Acid reflux is continuing to get worse. And TMI alert... last night I was almost asleep, when acid reflux hit me. It came up and burned my throat and sent me in to vomiting a bit. I tried to run to the bathroom and was coughing... my bladder completely have out. I peed all the way to the bath room with every gag and cough. I was worried it could be my water, but I'm pretty sure it was just urine. The boys are so low that I have no bladder space left so it's no wonder the coughing caused this accident. Today I will stay in bed all day. I'm extremely achy, swollen, and have so much pressure and pain down there. I'm just hoping I make it a couple more weeks. Every day is a celebration now and then every Wednesday for my new week. I'm almost there. . I feel like the Lil engine that could.. lol

Serenyx, congrats on your little girl!
bizzibii, Congrats on glucose test! I'll not take that one. I have a bad reaction to sugar, I havn't eaten candy's, ice-cream, cakes for years. I'll do my blood glucose test fasting and after meals at home and bring my notes to my dr. He likes my plan.
I have leg cramps too, I can't stand, walk or sit for a long time. I did those tigh slimming exercises and my pain got worst at night, I had knee joint and hip joint pain. Be careful with yoga. I have never done yoga before got pregnant, and I'll not start anything like that now. I love Denise Austin 20 min toning prenatal exercise from youtube. My dr. suggested taking 300mg magnesiumcitrate for cramps. I do feel a bit better.
I am rh negative too, what blood tests will you take?
Postalmom, sorry for an accident, pregnancy gives you lots of suprises. Stay strong! Cheering for you! You are a trooper!
For a Heartburn, drink a small amount of water with a baking soda(put just a bit).

We went to our local hospital for a birth info. I found only couple negative thing about this clinic.
1. You can't get to know your midwife ahead of time, so you don't know who will be with you at birth. In U.S. the same midwife does the prenatals check ups and assists with a birth.
Another sad thing is that all midwives are booked till December, but a good news is that this wonderful midwife we talked to gave us her tel. nr and she would stop by if we need her.

It is a small hospital, they have 2 birthing rooms and 8 other rooms. This town has 50.000 people. The good thing that in the end of December there are no many births. Ussually summer is the bussiest time.
They do 5-10% unplanned c-sections, there goal is to go far as you can to birth naturally.
2. The midwife I talked to doesn't recommend staph testing at 36 weeks, cos at birth you may not be positive any more and you take anitbiotics for nothing. Midwive will come to our house and check on possible baby's infection.
3. Baby never leaves the parents after the birth.
4. After the birth my husband will cut baby's umbilical cord and the baby stays on my chest for 1-2 hours and than, later, he gets his exam.
5. Baby will get his vit K shot to prevent bleeding in his brain, cos extreme pressure on his skull during the birth.
6. Hip exam after the birth will be done to rule out hip dysplasia, my cousin has a baby with this problem and dr. didn't diagnose, my cousin noticed this condition.
7. Family room may be available if we are lucky. You can't book it ahead of time. It is a beautiful suite with a queen size bed and baby crib.
If a family or a single room is not available, if the midwife is nice she may let my hubby sleep on the coach in the visiting room.
8. Water birth! They have a tub! I am excited about that one! They have water proof heart monitors and yes! they have cordless monitors, you can move around as much as you want.
9. Laughing gass is the most popular here in this hospital. It relaxes you, help right away and goes out of your system right away. So you won't be flying when the baby is in your arms! I have never used it. I am bit worried but we'll see. Also O2 and aromatherapy and acupuncture could be used for pain management.
10. This clinic will not apply antibiotics on the baby's eyes, cos it can really irritate them and he can't see mommy clearly.
11. Midwife will do all the birth, dr. will come in if there is a problem

I did reserve a spot for a birth preparation, baby care and breastfeeding classes. It's 10 hour intensive course in 3 days. My habby and go there when I am 8 months preggo!!! I couldn't get anything earlier. All classes are booked out!
Another plan is to visit a bigger hospital today. They also have a birth center in the same building. I am interested in that!

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I posted.

Serenyx, congrats! You must be so excited and relieved.

Dovkav, I have compression socks and love them.they are not the most fashionable things ever, so I wear them around the house or under long pants, but they really work. They are just like really tight knee-high socks and they have helped me on a long flight and after a long day of sitting/standing.

postal - hang in there, relax and take it easy! the time will just fly. sorry to hear about your 'incident'. Once I was walking down the street in a skirt and when I sneezed I actually felt pee trickle down my leg. I was so embarrassed but I just kept walking hoping that no one noticed :) I started doing kegels religiously after that :)

AFM - all good here, just plugging along. Physically I don't feel too bad, just really tired, but mentally, I'm exhausted and an wreck - emotional, can't concentrate, anxious, stressed... I don't know how I will get through the next 2 months of work (and I work from home). Anyway, I need some advice from you ladies - warning - long rant ahead! DH and I got into an argument over him taking a parental leave. Let me just say up front that he will take 3 weeks (vacation) after birth and will take a month (vacation) next summer to go on a road trip we are planning through the US. However, in Canada we have a year of parental leave (either mom or dad can take it), so I thought I'd go back to work at 10 months so that he can take 2 months to spend with the baby. The thing is, he is refusing to do it. I think that this would be a great opportunity for him to bond with the baby and really immerse himself into her care, but he keeps coming up with excuses like he might lose his job if he takes the time off, there's no one to take over his work, it will be too stressful for him knowing that the work is not getting done, etc. Now, he has a good job, but he is not a CEO or anything and he works for a large company, which I'm sure would not fall apart if he was gone for 2 months. I think these are all excuses for him not wanting to do it. We have several male friends who are taking time off work to stay at home with their babies and it upsets me that he won't do that. It's not even the fact that he won't get that bonding time with his daughter, but the fact that these other men are really looking forward to it and he just seems very scared and defensive when I bring it up. It's always, "it's not like I don't want to, it's just that my job doesn't allow it. It would be too stressful for me." Really???? Because it's not stressful for me at all. I put my career on hold, I went thorough all the injections and pain of IVF, now my body is going through some unpleasant (and permanent) changes and don't get me started on the labour, but taking 2 months off is too stressful for him??? I just can't believe that he won't take this opportunity to spend time with this baby that we so desperately fought for. Don't get me wrong - he is very supportive and I think he will be a great father - but I'm very disappointed that he basically flat out refuses to do this. Please tell me that I am unreasonable and that I'm overreacting! I don't want to constantly fight over this, but every time I think about him refusing to do this, I feel like he's basically saying "my job is more important than spending time with my daughter" and I am so disappointed in him. I mean we were both very career-oriented, but having this baby has changed my perspective and I guess I was expecting it to change his. So sorry for the long rant, but I just want to stop feeling this way because I don't want to resent him, but I'm not sure how to stop myself from being so angry. Can't even have a drink to relax :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->