IVF BFP 'S .. The journey, the hope, the success.

I'm home! ! Although it had benefits being at the hospital on bed rest, I got to the point of crying every time I thought of my Dh. My cervix is still measure 1.8cm -1.9 cm. I'm 1/2 cm dilated. But I'm home hope fully until my water breaks or I get 6 contractions in an hour again.

PostalMom - I'm so glad that you were able to go home! Between our 6 nights at the hospital pre- and post-baby and the extra 2 nights I was there for my delayed postpartum hemorrhage a couple of weeks later, I know how hard it can be to be in the hospital for a while. :hugs: Rest up and keep cooking those beautiful boys a little while longer. You're almost at the finish line! :twinboys:

Unrelated note - thank God for medical insurance and out-of-pocket maximums. You'd be amazed at how much my insurance explanation of benefits indicates the hospital billed for the hospital rooms alone (not even including the surgical-related expenses for both visits). :wacko:

Hi ladies. . My newest update. .. Tuesday this is what my stats were. Cervical length. .. 1.9cm. , no funneling, 1/2 cm dilated.
Today 3 days later. . I'm funneling. . You can see the water bag in the funnel. 1 cm dilated, 1.6 cm cervical length.
I'm done. I woke up screaming in pain. The sono shows the boys both head down, so far down that she could barely get a measurement. The boys are 4 lbs 7 oz and 4 lbs 9 oz.
I'm so ready. I know I need to keep them in until the 10th but it hurts so badly in my pelvis.

PostalMom - You're so close! I know it's tough, but hang in there. It will be so worth it when you are able to hold your boys and bring them home. I'm praying that you will find the comfort and strength to make it until at least the 10th. :hugs::hugs:

Hang in there, you only have 4 days to go x I hope these next few days are as comfortable as they can be and that you will be meeting your boys very soon x

I hope everyone else is doing ok :hugs:

Thinking of you and your family. Cheering for you. You're the champion!
Hoping and praying for the best outcome for you and your babies.
Sorry for the pain, I hope dr. can help you to releave it.
You are so close to the finish line. Hang in there:hugs:

I went to see angiologist, cos my Protein S is low. My gyn. was debating if I should be on the blood thinner.
Finally I got my answers and I can sleep better. Angiologist told me that during pregnancy woman's blood tend to be thicker for 2 reasons: during miscarr. and during the birth she will loose less blood. It's amazing how the body sets everything in order.
I am clear. I am so happy I don't need to be on heparin.
I am visiting a birth center on Wednesday. It's in the big hospital, but separated from the main D&L section. It's more home enviroment. I'll get to know 3 midwives, one of them be with me at birth if we choose this center.
Hugs to all ladies!

Postal - Not long to go although I can understand why you're on the count down. Both boys are a good weight so that's got to be good to know.

Dovkav - Glad to hear you dont need heparin apparently those injections are a killer.

Serenyx - How are you and your little'n getting on?

:hugs::hugs:Postal - Just cross your legs and do not open them until you are 34w :) I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

I am visiting a birth center on Wednesday. It's in the big hospital, but separated from the main D&L section. It's more home enviroment. I'll get to know 3 midwives, one of them be with me at birth if we choose this center.
Hugs to all ladies!
Glad to hear you don't need the heparin shots :)

I hope the visit goes well on Wednesday so you can make the decision where you want to give birth :hugs:

We are doing great thank you :hugs:

She weighed 6lb 5oz at birth and only lost 1.75oz (taking her to just over 6lb 3oz) by day 5, by day 11 she was up to 6lb 10oz and at day 13 she was up to 6lb 14oz :flower: The midwife was really pleased with her progress on day 11 and so discharged us from community and the health visitor was very pleased with her weight gain so doesn't need to see her for another month! So she is growing like a little weed - she might actually fit her newborn clothes soon and not just the tiny baby ones I went out and bought after she was born as all of her clothes swamped her :haha:

My husband went back to work today though so we will have to see how we manage without him here 24/7 - I can't say i'm looking forward to that :wacko: It was lovely having him here to share the chores :)

How are you feeling? I bet it is nice being in third tri and on the home stretch now :hugs:

Hugs to all ladies!
Glad to hear you don't need the heparin shots :)

I hope the visit goes well on Wednesday so you can make the decision where you want to give birth :hugs:

We are doing great thank you :hugs:

She weighed 6lb 5oz at birth and only lost 1.75oz (taking her to just over 6lb 3oz) by day 5, by day 11 she was up to 6lb 10oz and at day 13 she was up to 6lb 14oz :flower: The midwife was really pleased with her progress on day 11 and so discharged us from community and the health visitor was very pleased with her weight gain so doesn't need to see her for another month! So she is growing like a little weed - she might actually fit her newborn clothes soon and not just the tiny baby ones I went out and bought after she was born as all of her clothes swamped her :haha:

My husband went back to work today though so we will have to see how we manage without him here 24/7 - I can't say i'm looking forward to that :wacko: It was lovely having him here to share the chores :)

How are you feeling? I bet it is nice being in third tri and on the home stretch now :hugs:

That's really good to hear she's doing so well. I'm really happy for you guys!

I'm not doing to bad. I have an awful lot of problems so i'm just glad for each day she's still inside growing.

I'll be glad once she's here alive and well and my body is on the mend.

Postalmom, thining about you, your boys and your family:flower:
MishC, hope and pray your baby will stay in as long as possible. You are getting slowly in the safe zone. I can't wait to get to 28 weeks, this is the time when 90% of baby's survive f born early.

We went to a 2 hospital visits and one birth center.

The First hospital is not renovated, only a family room are nice and colorful. 4000 euro for a vaginal, 5000 for a c-section.
Dr. comes in only when the baby's head is visible and just watches the birth.
They have a routine PKU test done for a metabolic baby's disorder.
I didn't like that during a c-section the baby can't stay on my chest cos it's too cold in OP.
however, delivery unit is on the 2nd floor, and the birthing center is on the first floor.
So we visited a birthing center. 4000 euro for a delivery, it's paid by insurance!
WE had to take our shoes off in this center. I think it was great!
1.It's run by 3 midwives.
2. The midwives will do a birth preparation classes which will start in October. So we get to know them all.
3. After delivery I would stay only 2 hours in the birthing center and then go home, if I don't feel well or so, I can be admitted to a hospital.
4. Midwive who delivers my baby, visits us at home every day.
5. Pediatrician will come to the house for a check ups.
6. They don't have any pain killers, so I need to be confident that I'll make it without them.
7. The only eguipment they have is a fetal baby's and mom's heart beat and blood pressure monitor.
8. I can eat and drink, take a shower during a labor and give a birth on the floor if I wish. I can give a birth on the toilet or in the water tub.

The second hospital is very modern and newly renovated, you feel you are in bussiness suite not in the delivery unit. 2800 euro for a vaginal birth and little more for a c-section.
During c-section I can keep my baby on my chest till dr. finish their job, feeding wouldn't be possible at that time. They don't do a routine PKU tests.

SOOOOO the next week I have to decide if I want to give a birth in a birthing center.
The good thing I'll need to start the birth preparation classes next month and they will last for 6 weeks. We'll come together with my hubby.
I want to talk to my mom before making decision, but I really leaning towards the birthing center, cos I'll get more personal, private attention and emotional support. I don't want all this fuss and drama with few midwives and hospital personel. I am not talking about intern student who is learning during my delvery.
My german is not great, I know my 3 midwives can talk to me in English.

In the hospital delivery unit My hubby had tears in his eyes when he heard one woman screaming. (I thought it's the baby.) The midwive told him, that the woman will be smiling very very soon.
In the birthing center it will be a slim chance that two woman will give a birth at the same time. It's another plus.

Hi ladies. It's so quiet on here now. I'm still hanging in there. I'm 35 weeks now and being for the boys to come. I can't wait to meet them. I'm sick in a prolonged early labor. Real contractions but they are irregular. So this is no fun waking up all night long to panting and whimpering in my sleep. I am scheduled for October 1st if they don't come before that. I'm seeing the dr twice a week for nst s. I'll have a cervical check tomorrow. It's amazing how a nurse can say 80% and 5 minutes later the dr says 60%. I still can't wait until tomorrow to see if I'm dilated more. Please let me be dilated to like 3 or 4. Lol

You're getting close, PostalMom! Hang in there just a bit longer. I hope that you're not in too much pain. :hugs:

Audrey is now past the phase in which we can swaddle her. She always frees herself, and now that she's pretty much rolling from her back to her tummy, it's no longer recommended for her.

I bought her one of these sleep sacks on Zulily about a month ago and started using it this week. She seems to really like it! It seems so cozy, I'd love to be zipped up inside one of these myself. :haha:

I wanted to get her a couple more to have on hand here. I came across a coupon code on the manufacturer's Facebook page for 70% off ("backtoschool"), which makes the price much more easier to swallow. :thumbup:

https://realmomsrealviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/badaboum.jpg

https://www.bada-boum.com/BadaBoum/Products.html

Postal Mom, Congrats you made it to 35 weeks! That's great. The boys will thank you for your patients and being a tough cookie.:flower:

Disney fan, thanks a lot for this info, I wanted to get only a sleeping sack, but I'd like to swaddle my baby too, it sounds even better. Did the midwives started to swaddle her in the hospital?

How is everybody else doing?
Hugs! xoxox

That's really good to hear she's doing so well. I'm really happy for you guys!

I'm not doing to bad. I have an awful lot of problems so i'm just glad for each day she's still inside growing.

I'll be glad once she's here alive and well and my body is on the mend.
Thank you :flower: Sorry to hear you are having a tough time of it - it will all be worth it in the end :hugs:

SOOOOO the next week I have to decide if I want to give a birth in a birthing center.
The good thing I'll need to start the birth preparation classes next month and they will last for 6 weeks. We'll come together with my hubby.
Have you made your decision yet? Did you go for the birthing centre in the end?

Hi ladies. It's so quiet on here now. I'm still hanging in there. I'm 35 weeks now and being for the boys to come. I can't wait to meet them. I'm sick in a prolonged early labor. Real contractions but they are irregular. So this is no fun waking up all night long to panting and whimpering in my sleep. I am scheduled for October 1st if they don't come before that.
You have done amazingly well to get this far! October 1st is just around the corner, hopefully you can hang on until then but the boys will be fine if they come now :hugs:

Audrey is now past the phase in which we can swaddle her. She always frees herself, and now that she's pretty much rolling from her back to her tummy, it's no longer recommended for her.

I bought her one of these sleep sacks on Zulily about a month ago and started using it this week. She seems to really like it! It seems so cozy, I'd love to be zipped up inside one of these myself. :haha:

I wanted to get her a couple more to have on hand here. I came across a coupon code on the manufacturer's Facebook page for 70% off ("backtoschool"), which makes the price much more easier to swallow. :thumbup:

https://realmomsrealviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/badaboum.jpg

https://www.bada-boum.com/BadaBoum/Products.html
Thanks for that :thumbup:

I have just bought Izzy a couple of Grobag's as PreciousLittleOnes had them on the Bounty offer so they were reduced from £30.00 to £15.95 (you did have to pay £4.95 postage on the whole order, so it made sense to get a couple :) ). We can't use them quite yet though as she isn't at the mimimum weight requirement yet which is 8lb 8oz.

Bounty offers - Grobag

The offer is only valid until 22nd Sept though.

I have decided to use sleeping bags as Izzy is such a wriggler in bed! I would worry that she would burrow down underneath blankets. At the moment it is warm here so she is only sleeping in a nappy and sleepsuit :)

Izzy didn't really take to being swaddled, I tried a couple of times but she likes sleeping with her arms above her head too much so constantly fought against the swaddling to try and free her arms! She sleeps well without it though so I didn't bother :)

Hugs! xoxox
We are doing well :) I have had a bit of a bug for the last few days but Izzy didn't catch it thankfully - I took her to the health centre to have her weighed yesterday and she has gone up to 7lb 14 oz (from 6lb 5oz at birth) so they are really pleased with her progress :flower: I can't believe she is 4 weeks old already :cloud9:

Disney fan, thanks a lot for this info, I wanted to get only a sleeping sack, but I'd like to swaddle my baby too, it sounds even better. Did the midwives started to swaddle her in the hospital?

We swaddled her from birth until earlier this week. She never really seemed to be one of those babies that needs to be swaddled to fall asleep, so the transition to the sleep sack went very well. It's probably a coincidence, but she seems to have started sleeping through longer stretches at night since we started using it.

I have just bought Izzy a couple of Grobag's as PreciousLittleOnes had them on the Bounty offer so they were reduced from £30.00 to £15.95 (you did have to pay £4.95 postage on the whole order, so it made sense to get a couple :) ). We can't use them quite yet though as she isn't at the mimimum weight requirement yet which is 8lb 8oz.

Bounty offers - Grobag

The offer is only valid until 22nd Sept though.

I have decided to use sleeping bags as Izzy is such a wriggler in bed! I would worry that she would burrow down underneath blankets. At the moment it is warm here so she is only sleeping in a nappy and sleepsuit :)

Izzy didn't really take to being swaddled, I tried a couple of times but she likes sleeping with her arms above her head too much so constantly fought against the swaddling to try and free her arms! She sleeps well without it though so I didn't bother :)

Hugs! xoxox
We are doing well :) I have had a bit of a bug for the last few days but Izzy didn't catch it thankfully - I took her to the health centre to have her weighed yesterday and she has gone up to 7lb 14 oz (from 6lb 5oz at birth) so they are really pleased with her progress :flower: I can't believe she is 4 weeks old already :cloud9:

Those look great! :thumbup: Audrey always wanted to free her arms when she was swaddled, too. She discovered her fingers a little over a week ago and is now constantly sucking on them. :dohh:

Wow - 4 weeks already! Time sure does go by quickly, huh? I'm glad that Izzy didn't get sick, and I hope you feel better soon!

Hi, ladies,

Been stalking here but not much going on I guess? We are 8 weeks in and my baby girl has been having major gas pains and cramps for the past 3-4 weeks. Can't wait to get further along, hope it's a colic and not something worse. We do have a ped GI appt next week to rule out a reflux. Anyone has any experience with colicky babies? I swear we already tried it all. Some days are just worse. Gripe water seems to be the remedy now. Works for a while.

Flagirlie7 aww I'm sorry to hear your baby girl isn't feeling good. That's never easy.
Afm
I am excited that I lost my mucus plug yesterday. It surprised me. I have to wear pads now because my bladder always leaks so I saw the first part on the pad then much more when I wiped. Thank goodness it wasn't as gross looking as the ones I have seen on line. Tmi.. but some of you may want to know. It was thick, creamy almost yellow color, stringy and stretchy, with a few dabs of brownish pink here and there. It did not look like a discharge. Nor did it look like egg white cervical mucus... remember back when we were all trying to get pregnant. Lol. You will know if you see it. Now im suffering from spd? Apparently I'm producing a ton of relaxin. I sleep with a pillow between my legs, but twice now I've tried to turn or shift to get out of bet and POP my pubic bone pops so loudly and it hurts so badly. Then walking after is just unbearable. I'm almost 36 weeks. I really thought they would be here by now. Please come out little boys. My next dr apt is Tuesday at 1:15. I pray that they say. . Oh your dilated let's get you to the hospital for your c sec. Please!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->