IVF BFP 'S .. The journey, the hope, the success.

thanks for all your good vibes girls!
the scan went well - 1 baby, measuring at exactly 8 weeks, good heartbeat (169 bpm). I am beyond happy!

Yeah!!! So happy for you mizuno! !!
I'm glad to be wearing shorts too. This is Florida. We wear shorts most of the year. I love it.

I've been eyeing this shopping cart cover on Amazon for a long time. I never wanted to spend $89 for it :)wacko:), but it has great reviews on Amazon. I believe it should fit the big shopping carts (Costco and Target size) as well as the regular grocery store size ones.

https://buggybaggs.com/products/buggy-bagg-elite/​
https://www.blueberrydiapers.com/Home/Buggy-Bagg_2/bb1600​

I got an email from blueberrydiapers.com this morning saying that they are having a clearance/irregular sale. $45 + shipping for an "irregular" one of these. :thumbup:

https://www.blueberrydiapers.com/bb1600_2?ext=F​

The coupon I got for signing up for emails last month doesn't apply to clearance items, and shipping is on the high side, but that's ok. It's much cheaper than regular price, and I'm sure it works just as well.

I have a friend who got the Boppy cart cover from Amazon. I'm wondering if it is big enough for the bigger carts? She lives in California so I'm assuming it does? We only have a Wal-Mart & Hannaford here, no Target or Costco so I guess I'm not all that worried about size... And I have been dragging my feet about even THINKING about things the baby won't need until she is 6+ mos. I'm trying to concentrate on the now so I don't overwhelm my husband with purchases!

Are you all thinking an infant seat or convertible seat to start with? I'm leaning towards the Chicco Keyfit 30 with the baby jogger City Elite stroller. I like how the car seat is only 7.4 lbs.the stroller is almost 21 lbs but even that's not too bad...

We went with the Chicco Keyfit 30 Magic from Babies R Us (bought last year at 25% off during a Chicco sale). I liked the larger "hood" on it and the fact that there's a vent you can unzip on it. The video on the Chicco website was good to see various aspects of it. It got good reviews.

We got the City Mini baby jogger (30% off on Amazon before Christmas), and we're getting the Chicco frame stroller that goes with the car seat instead of the car seat attachment for the City Mini. The frame is part of the 20% off sale on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=Baby_0314_FO_EMSS/ref=?_encoding=UTF8&node=8619986011

I think I saw some of the Baby Jogger branded strollers in sale on Amazon, too. So be sure to look.

I'm all about sales - can you tell? :haha:

Disney - I can tell!!! I'm just so out of my element when it comes to baby stuff and websites for baby stuff!!! :dohh:

I live in a really rural area so I won't be using a normal stroller much. Our downtown is tiny and the sidewalks kinda suck... So my walking with be on a recreational trail system in the woods and down my back country roads. That's why I'm all about the 3 wheeled strollers with the big tires. I also plan to try and wear the baby as much as possible.

I will absolutely check out Amazon's sales before I buy at a box store. My plan is to go to babies r us to try the strollers out, armed with comparison pricing for Amazon. That way I can make my decision to buy right then or order when I get home! I just wish the stores were closer -- 2 hour drive each way make it have to be basically an entire day trip.

When we saw that the Baby Jogger branded strollers were on sale on Amazon in December, we ran over to Babies R Us to confirm which model we wanted. We're lucky that we have one in the city we live in, so it's only about 10 minutes to get there.

I was on the TTC journey for so long that over time, I eventually started to think about the "big stuff" that we'd need. I'd pick a product, research the hell out of it, pick what I want, and add it to a hidden Amazon wish list. Then I'd move on to the next item. I know a lot of people don't like to buy stuff until much later on, but we (or rather I :winkwink:) have been slowly buying stuff over time as I see stuff on sale. It's helped in that we won't be faced with the prospect of buying all the big ticket stuff all at once. Plus, we know we got what we need at a good price and won't have to pay full price if no one bought it for us later on (I don't like to assume that anyone will buy us anything, though my mom told me a while ago to knock it off with the buying of stuff. I stopped a while ago for the most part). Knowing the gender since before our FET has definitely helped with taking advantage of some sales, too.

I plan to baby-wear, too. :)

Hey all,

I bought quite a few things last week - diaper genie, onesies, sleepers, bibs, tub, car seats, bath essentials set, playard with bassinets, humidifier. We are going with baby trend flex lock seat that totally match baby trend navigator stroller (double). Not sure about babies wearing, might be heard with two at once, but my DH wants to try!

So have any of you signed up with babies r us for the v.i.b? Mine said they add 10% to what ever you put on the card. This way relatives and friends can add money too and you'll save more. So you could find what you want, put the money on the card so you get the 10% off. At my post office we are always delivering coupons for that store as well.

Afm. Today I worked in the heat, stood on my feet for 4.5 hours this morning and then started my delivery. My entire body hurts tonight, my bump was aching too. I have to run that same route tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday. I look forward to Wednesday off as that will be my only day off.

Hey all,

I bought quite a few things last week - diaper genie, onesies, sleepers, bibs, tub, car seats, bath essentials set, playard with bassinets, humidifier. We are going with baby trend flex lock seat that totally match baby trend navigator stroller (double). Not sure about babies wearing, might be heard with two at once, but my DH wants to try!

Nicely done!! :thumbup: Which humidifier did you buy? I haven't looked at those yet.

So have any of you signed up with babies r us for the v.i.b? Mine said they add 10% to what ever you put on the card. This way relatives and friends can add money too and you'll save more. So you could find what you want, put the money on the card so you get the 10% off. At my post office we are always delivering coupons for that store as well.

Afm. Today I worked in the heat, stood on my feet for 4.5 hours this morning and then started my delivery. My entire body hurts tonight, my bump was aching too. I have to run that same route tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday. I look forward to Wednesday off as that will be my only day off.

I signed up for the VIB thing when we did our registry a couple of weeks ago. I haven't seen Babies R Us coupons, but I have a bunch from Buy Buy Baby at my house (the closest one of those is about an hour away).

Long day for you. Your route sounds rough. I hope you get a chance to take it easy. Feel better!! :hugs:

Do all babies need humidifiers?? Just wondering if I need to bother with one :shrug:

I only registered at Target. I'm wondering if I may regret that decision..... Maybe I should consider splitting the registry? Target is about an hour from here. Babies R Us is 2 hours away.

Postal - do you have one of those belly support belt things? With all the walking and standing you do PLUS the fact that you've got twins in there makes me think that it would be a terrific investment. I got one about 2 months ago when my round ligament pain was at its worst. It did help. Thankfully the super bad pain is gone so I haven't needed it lately. I ordered mine from Amazon for less that $50 I think...

Flagirl - I can't help but laugh when I think of wearing two adorable babies at once!! And looking at all you've already bought makes my head spin!!

Well yesterday I got some motivation and started painting the stripes on my nursery wall. Today is the second and final coat. I'm REALLY hoping it comes out cute!!! I'm only doing one wall. The room itself is a pale pale butter yellow (think of butter that you've creamed with sugar in a mixer). And my alternating stripes on the accent wall are light lavender and blush pink :cloud9:

I've read that Target has a less friendly return policy for registry purchases, but I can definitely see the convenience of location differences. There's always the option of registering online at Amazon, too.

I agree - the thought of carrying two cute babies at once sounds adorable!

The nursery sounds cute!

Chickadeedee your nursery sounds lovely!

I know I'm so far from buying anything for my baby but I was just wondering (esp for those of you who already have kids), which baby carrier would you recommend? I've seen people wear some kind of a scarf like thing that cradles the baby. It looks a bit hippy-ish, but the baby looked so naturally snugged in there. Any idea what that's called? Or any other suggestions?

I am leaving the baby carrier decision to my DH. He was also in charge of picking car seats and stroller. I need to get that belt soon, especially one that support my back. It's getting unbearable, only 20 weeks and I work in the office. Driving too. Wonder how much longer I'll last and can do it :(

I am not registering since I'm having a tiny work shower and told people to buy me diapers mostly lol. I did a lot of research and amazon beats target and other places. So that's all I did, shop online. I wanna be ready with everything by 7 months in case of bed rest or worse. Getting ready to buy more this weekend, amazon again, mostly diapering and feeding supplies.

Humidifier - safety 1st ultrasonic 360. Seemed to have good reviews, but I haven't tried yet. I figured it might help also me and DH since we are both having some breathing/nasal issues at night. Apparently I've been snoring too, that's a first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->