IVF BFP 'S .. The journey, the hope, the success.

postal, thinking of your SIL and her babies.
A friend of a friend had her twins at 25 weeks. They were just barely viable and no bigger than a palm of a hand (according to my friend who saw them in the ICU). It wasn't all smooth sailing but they are now healthy 2 year old boys.

Koshka, I'm so sorry babe. Be strong and don't give up.

On a different note.. my Sil is was also pregnant with twin girls. Last night her water broke at 26 weeks 5 days. The girls are hanging in there at 2 lbs 13 inches, and 1 lb 15 oz and 12.3 inches. Please send good thoughts out for kesha, chloe and Amelia.

Praying that they stay strong and I think they will! :hugs:

Ladies, I've already gained 18 lbs! I am worried that it's way too much, last time I gained a lot of weight 3rd trimester so I have a lot to come still. Yikes!

Koshka, I'm so sorry babe. Be strong and don't give up.

On a different note.. my Sil is was also pregnant with twin girls. Last night her water broke at 26 weeks 5 days. The girls are hanging in there at 2 lbs 13 inches, and 1 lb 15 oz and 12.3 inches. Please send good thoughts out for kesha, chloe and Amelia.

Praying for your Sil and baby girls!

Hiya everyone :) Im just popping by to see how you all are :) Ive been missing you all - feel free to pop over to my new thread about FET and have a chat there too :D

Im amazed at how far along many of you are now - I love the successes and following your journeys as it gives me hope :hugs: I may not post often but im a regular reader/stalker.

Love to u all xxx

Postal - Im praying for you SIL's lil munchkins :hugs: xx

:wave: Plex. - so happy to hear from you! I'll subscribe to your thread once I find it so I can formally stalk you :haha:

Xoxo

Sunshine, don't worry about the wieght. Better to have it than to not. I think I've lost the 3 lbs that I had put on. Which is a concern, because I know when I'm delivering the mail I don't eat and I barely drink. I'm hungry every 2 hours but only manage small snacks.

Plex! I've missed you. Can you let us know the link to your thread?

Postal, are you allowed to bring food? You should sneak some protein bars, babies need some grub! :dohh:

Sunshine - I think I've gained around 20lbs. My doctor said it's perfect. My books say at this point between 17-22lbs. You are fine ;-)

So, I think I'm officially in my third tri now??? If pregnancy is 40 weeks divided by 3 tris that's 13.33 weeks per tri! How did that happen??? I'm still in shock I've made it this far!!!

Congrats, Chickadeedee!! :happydance: I reach 27 weeks tomorrow. I find the trimester/weeks thing confusing. Math-wise, I would think 27 weeks is 3rd trimester. Some books/websites say it is, and others say 3rd trimester doesn't start until 28 weeks. :shrug:

Disney - it depends on what book/website you look at. What to expect when your expecting says 27 so that's what I'm going by!! So confusing though!!!

Disney - it depends on what book/website you look at. What to expect when your expecting says 27 so that's what I'm going by!! So confusing though!!!

I'm going with 27 weeks as the math makes more sense to me. :haha: That said, congrats on reaching another milestone!!! :happydance:

Sunshine - I found this link which details how much weight you are supposed to put on as an average. What I liked about it was that it broke it down into two week increments , most of the other sites I have seen simply tell you how much you are supposed to put on per trimester or how much over the entire pregnancy:

Pregnancy weight gain

I have no idea how accurate it is but according to that chart I am 1.5 lbs over for my gestation :blush:

Congratulations on reaching third tri Chickadee and Disney - not too long to go now! :happydance:

Thinking of your SIL Postal - I hope her and the two little ones are doing ok :hugs:

Talk about pregnancy brain :dohh: I was absolutely mortified this morning when I found out I had missed my midwife appointment on Monday :shrug: I was utterly convinced it was next Monday! (so was my husband - he had already arranged to leave work early next Monday so that he could come to the appointment).

I only picked my notes up to look for the hospitals appointments line number (when I was last in they only booked 5 of my next 7 appointments so I had to call up to book the last two) and saw the date of the midwives appointment! In my defense she had written 18 weeks on it and I wasn't 18 weeks on Monday (I was still 17) so I assume I simply saw the 18 weeks and worked out that it would be next Monday without thinking to check the date :dohh:

I was extremely apologetic when I phoned up and she laughed it off saying she has done the same before :blush: So we now have our appointment next Wednesday instead.

Update on my nieces. Little Chloe is now breathing on her own and off the ventilator! I'm so proud! Now for Amelia. They are also thinking they may be identical. Blood type is the same and other stuff too.

Pregnancy brain!!! Lol... I understand that well. I have been asked questions that I know they answers to, but when asked, it was if that info never ever ever existed in my brain.
Today has been rough. I feel the stretching pains all over, nausea, headache, and constantly having hunger pains. I can't get satisfied. My bump continues to round out and expand. I'm so glad I have tomorrow off. I'm going to rest as much as possible.

Sunshine - I found this link which details how much weight you are supposed to put on as an average. What I liked about it was that it broke it down into two week increments , most of the other sites I have seen simply tell you how much you are supposed to put on per trimester or how much over the entire pregnancy:

Pregnancy weight gain

I have no idea how accurate it is but according to that chart I am 1.5 lbs over for my gestation :blush:

Congratulations on reaching third tri Chickadee and Disney - not too long to go now! :happydance:

Thinking of your SIL Postal - I hope her and the two little ones are doing ok :hugs:

Talk about pregnancy brain :dohh: I was absolutely mortified this morning when I found out I had missed my midwife appointment on Monday :shrug: I was utterly convinced it was next Monday! (so was my husband - he had already arranged to leave work early next Monday so that he could come to the appointment).

I only picked my notes up to look for the hospitals appointments line number (when I was last in they only booked 5 of my next 7 appointments so I had to call up to book the last two) and saw the date of the midwives appointment! In my defense she had written 18 weeks on it and I wasn't 18 weeks on Monday (I was still 17) so I assume I simply saw the 18 weeks and worked out that it would be next Monday without thinking to check the date :dohh:

I was extremely apologetic when I phoned up and she laughed it off saying she has done the same before :blush: So we now have our appointment next Wednesday instead.

The weight site looks cool -- very easy to interpret. Thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

I'm sorry you missed your appointment. I'm glad they were able to get you in next week!!

Update on my nieces. Little Chloe is now breathing on her own and off the ventilator! I'm so proud! Now for Amelia. They are also thinking they may be identical. Blood type is the same and other stuff too.

Pregnancy brain!!! Lol... I understand that well. I have been asked questions that I know they answers to, but when asked, it was if that info never ever ever existed in my brain.
Today has been rough. I feel the stretching pains all over, nausea, headache, and constantly having hunger pains. I can't get satisfied. My bump continues to round out and expand. I'm so glad I have tomorrow off. I'm going to rest as much as possible.

Great news about Chloe! I hope Amelia follows her sister soon. Continued prayers for both of them! :hugs: How is your SIL doing?

I'm glad you are getting the chance to rest tomorrow. Kick your feet back and relax! :hugs:

AFM, LO seems to prefer my right side. My bump is only slightly lopsided -- not enough for others to tell, but enough for me to see that that's where she spends most of her time curled up. My belly button seems to be getting more and more shallow by the day. I predict my "innie" will be an "outie" within the next couple of weeks. Lol :haha:

Postal - relax today and do something nice for yourself :hugs:
Great news about your nieces! :happydance:

Disney - happy third trimester!!!!! So funny about your lopsided bump :haha: mine is always really hard on the left in the same spot - I'm thinking it's either her head or butt :shrug:
My belly button is super shallow too - thinking it will be an outie pretty soon too. Not sure how I feel about that! :wacko:
Thought I woke up to a bunch of stretch marks yesterday. Had a minor (ok, maybe major) meltdown about it.... Then I went to show my Mom when we were at the gym....and they were gone? Then later I tried to show DH and he couldn't see them either!? So I'm thinking it was the way I was sitting - my belly was kind of scrunched up (I was knitting). So maybe they were just marks from being wrinkled up?!?! :dohh:

Lol oh chickadee, stretch marks are evil. I don't care how many nice things people try to make up to make us feel better. . They still suck. With my older kids I got them on my breasts, thighs, and butt. Luckily none on my belly. I believe they were dark purple red when they first appeared and stayed that way for a couple years. To me it looked like Freddie Krueger had got a hold of me. I cried and cried. Then I got over them. I'm fair skinned and so they always show. But they do get lighter. I'm praying I already have enough and don't need any more this time around. Lol. My belly button is stretching already. Where I had it pierced a long time ago. . The hole has turned flat instead of round. I think I may be starting to feel one of the babies. I feel a tense feeling from time to time on my left side. Same spot every time.

chickadeedee and disney - congrats on entering the third trimester!

postal - good news about your SIL. I hope they continue to do well.

Strech marks are evil! I just know I'm gonna get a ton! I already have them on my boobs and side butt (you know what I mean), and that's just from normal growth. Speaking of which, my boobs are getting very large already, I will have to go bra shopping this weekend. Do you think they'll come down a bit after I stop progesterone? I really hope so, they were already good enough for my size, and the last thing I need is for them to get bigger. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->