• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/FET roll call April-October 2017 *12 BFPs, 3 sets of twins!

shorty, that sounds promising! i have twins, and it is fun... tiring but so fun.

wishin, welcome and good luck to you!!!!

okay so in the morning i do my second beta... find out later in the day. so nervous.... i went monday knowing i was pregnant from the home tests... but now i feel like is the real test... to see how those numbers look. praying for a healthy little bean to stay sticky! i'll report back tomorrow!

Shorty that's brilliant news, good you can get on and start the fet so soon too

Wish, welcome, good luck with your cycle, don't worry about feeling too much, I had 35 follicles, 21 eggs in the end and I still didn't feel any different (luckily!)

Juliet, good luck for today's beta, bet it's a nice high number!

Ashley, congratulations again, so pleased for you and your family

Ask, yay for ovulationa nd starting your cycle sooner, sending lots of luck

Good Luck Juliet!

I have never done a FET cycle.. seems like the protocol is going to be several weeks. What did the protocol look like for y'all?
I will start BCP when my cycle starts which should be next week. Then lupron estrogen stuff and progesterone. I'm getting antsy now :)

Hi shorty, mine were baseline scan day 1-3, start estrogen 8mg a day, go back 10 days later for lining check, if ok start progesterone and transfer 5-7 days later depending on if it landed on a weekend
With dd I had an extra week of estrogen as lining wasn't thick enough first check but the next 3 lining was above 8mm on each first check

kj- I'm sure you'll get the hang of the new diet soon. On the plus side, you get to eat stuff like ice cream without feeling guilty. :haha: I haven't bought any other baby things yet because I feel like I still need to be cautious. Also, my sis has lots of stuff for me and they're going to throw me a shower so I think I'll wait and see what we get :)

ash- So glad you came back on here to give an update. :hugs:

Juliet- I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine. I just wanted to tell you so you wouldn't freak out just in case, because I had so much anxiety about my beta numbers. Good luck today!!!

shorty- Congrats on 3 frosties!!! That's awesome! :happydance:

wish- It's so good to see you on here! :hugs: I can't wait until your first scan.

Juliet-good luck on your beta today! I'm sure it will be perfect:)

Shorty-that is awesome news! Congrats on getting ready to start your fet! I did bcp for about a month, Lupron, estrogen patches, pills, and cream, then I started the progesterone cream and shots. It seems like it takes forever but it will go by fast and will be worth it in the end!

Wishn-that's awesome you are doing your stims now! Are you planning a fresh transfer or a frozen?

kj holy moly that's a lot of protein! But I second scooby - more ice cream!! I wonder if you can sprinkle protein powder on top of the ice cream...? :haha:

shorty congrats on three frosties!!! :happydance: I'll be eagerly following along with your FET process as I'll have mine probably early October.

Hi Wish! :wave:

Juliet fx for a great second beta!!

afm today's Menopur didn't hurt as badly! I think tomorrow is my last dose before my follie check and then I switch to Cetrotide. Anyone have experience with Cetrotide, any tips or tricks?

thanks everyone for the positive comments today! I am feeling good and waiting by the phone! will report back when i find out!!!! anytime between now and 4 hours from now...

star, do you remember what your second beta was?

Congrats Juliet!!!! come join us here!! https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...-assisted-conception-success-due-2018-xx.html

Juliet , great news! I only had 1 beta at my clinic then scan at 7 weeks

Awesome beta Juliet!!! Congrats!:)

Baby lights-good luck with your scan! Cetrotide wasn't bad but it's refrigerated and it always gave me a red rash around the injection site that was kind of itchy but it went away after an hour or so!

I wish I could just eat ice cream! Then it wouldn't be so bad lol. Yep I think I can add protein powder to stuff like that and there are a few brands that make protein ice cream. I tried that halo top it's not totally the same but it's not too bad!

Great beta Juliet! Congrats!!

Kjw, I'm hoping to do a fresh transfer!

Babylights, Good luck with your scan tomorrow! I start my cetrotide tomorrow morning so I'll let you know how it goes. The nurse warned me that some people get a big red bump that looks like a hive.

babylights- It helps if you take the Cetrotide out of the fridge about 15 minutes before you mix it, and then after you mix it give it another 15 minutes to dissolve. (When you mix it roll the bottle gently to get all of that powder.) I did get a rash and if you do it's SUPER itchy. I found putting an ice pack on right away helped with the itch and it would go away in about 15 minutes or so. Good luck!

Juliet- Congrats again, I'm so happy for you! :hugs:

wish- How did your shot go? Like I said to Juliet, I did get a rash but ice helps a lot!

First shot of cetrotide done! The injection site got quite red, raised and itchy almost immediately but it went away after an hour or so. I took it out of the fridge 30 min before, but only let it dissolve for about 5 min, so maybe I'll let it dissolve longer tomorrow. Two more sleeps until my scan!

Hi ladies. Had my first scan this morning and had 11 total, 5 on right with biggest being 6.5 and 6 on left biggest 7.5. My doctor seemed pretty disappointed based on my last AFC of 18, so feeling pretty bummed. I'd thought that she would say that it's still early and more could pop up, but she said she thought my initial dosage would be too high, and now we're going to most likely up everything. Feel a little deflated but I know it's early so trying not to let it get to me. Oomph.

bablights - Don't worry! Honestly, it is such a rollercoaster. For me, the first few monitoring appointments they pretty much made me feel like hardly any are growing, like maybe 6-9. Near the end I think they were measuring close to 14 that they would tell me about it. In the end, I had 21 eggs collected, that didn't count any empty follicles.
Another lady from my clinic kept having her Dr tell her she should cancel and try again saying there was only 5 measurable and she stimmed for 13/14 days. At the end, they retrieved 13 and she had 8 blasts at the end. So it really is WAY to early to be worried.
They will up your meds and if you respond, great. If not, they can always try again another month. I hear your follicle recruitment can be different every month and if the very worst came to worst, you could try a different month and get a completely different outcome.

Don't feel down <3

Wishn-it won't be long now until your ec and transfer! The cetrotide kind of sucks but at least the rash goes away!

Baby lights-it really is such a roller coaster! I think there is still a good chance you will get good numbers and even if you don't have a ton it's definitely quality over quantity that matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->