• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/FET roll call April-October 2017 *12 BFPs, 3 sets of twins!

Wishn, hoping for the best tomorrow! I'm excited to hear how many they can retrieve, and I hope all goes well with draining the tube.

Good luck today wish, I hope all goes well for you

Egg retrieval is done and we got 4 eggs! Unfortunately the doctor had problems getting at the tube and couldn't drain it, so the hydrosalpinx is still there. We'll find out how many were fertilitized with ICSI tomorrow morning. From there we will have to decide about doing a fresh transfer on day 3 (which I'd rather not do with the hydrosalpinx there) or let them all grow to day 5 and do a freeze all. Anything that was unfreezable we'd transfer fresh and hope that it can implant even with the hydrosalpinx. So now we're in waiting mode again...but I feel a lot of more relaxed, just going to take this one day at a time.

Glad etc went well wish, I think that sounds a good plan to freeze all but transfer any that can't be frozen, you want your body rested and well for transfer, hope you can get some rest for the rest of the day

wishn- Adjusting my expectations was the hardest thing for me as well. But 4 is excellent! (I got 4 too!) FX you get a great fertilization report today. That's a bummer that they couldn't drain the tube, but I think you've got a solid plan in place. :thumbup:

babylights- How are you doing?

Thanks Scooby and Star. We got the fertilization report: 2 out of 4 eggs fertilized with ICSI! I'm disappointed it wasn't more, but happy we have 2 embabies. They want us to do a day 3 transfer on Friday since we only have 2, but I am concerned about transferring with the hydro since it reduces pregnancy rates by 30%. We'll go in on day 3 to talk to the doctor about how our embies are doing, and if two have made it we will possibly transfer one that day and let the other one grow out to day 5. I don't love the idea of transferring with a hydro, but the prospect of trying to grow to day 5 and having neither of them make it is even worse. One day at a time. Is it Friday yet?!

Babylights, how are you doing?

Jumping in here late in the game! I'm just finishing up my first (and hopefully only) round of IVF. We ended up with two embies, one hatching blast and one blast, and implanted the hatching and froze the other. The transfer was on Sunday so now I'm in the dreaded tww and absolutely losing my mind. 3dp5dt now and planning to POAS on September 1, if I can wait that long. My blood test isn't scheduled until September 5 :'( :'( Thought joining a forum might help me since I can't seem to do anything except obsess over it!

Hey thunder, you've come to the right place!
Hope you get your bfp this cycle, the waiting is the worst but it is for the best, I tested early with my first 3 fet's (1 bfp dd, 2nd bfp blighted ovum, 3rd bfn) this 4th I waited 7dp5dt and got a good dark line so glad I waited longer!

Wish <3

Thunder welcome, and fx for your bfp!!

Hi everyone! We're still chugging along, I think they might either have me stim for longer than 12 days (originally they thought 10) or up my Menopur dose, DH and I had two different interpretations of what they said :haha:

Thanks guys! if I make it to Sept 1, that will be 12dp5dt, which compared to what I see on these forums, seems late to be testing. I'd be tempted to test earlier, maybe around 7 or 8dp5dt but they made such a big deal at the clinic about how early testing can have false positives because of the trigger shot, that now DH wants to wait. My clinic overall does seem to be really late with the testing. The nurse did say that Sept 1 was probably fine to POAS, and that if it's positive I could take the requisition in to the blood collection clinic that day, but officially my beta date is 16dp5dt. I've never seen anyone else who had their beta that late. Does anyone else have a late date like that?

Thanks Babylights! Sending follie-growing vibes your way! :hugs:

Welcome Thunder and good luck! Good on you for having the willpower to wait so long to test! For most people the trigger is gone within two weeks. If I even make it to transfer, I will try to hold out for at least 7 days!

Hey thunder,

My clinic does betas anywhere from 14-16dp5dt so it isn't too far off from you. I personally think you would be find around 7-8 days past 5 days for no trigger left, but some people do hold on to it a little longer. I think that 9dp5dt you would be totally in the clear however.

Wish-sorry I'm a little late but I'm glad egg retrieval went well and that you have two embryos in the works! I'm sorry they couldn't drain your tube right then and there but I agree you have a good plan in place to possibly transfer one and freeze the other. I hope you get great news on Friday! I know how hard it is to be on the edge of your seat for those days waiting to know how they're doing. Sending positive vibes your way!

Babylights-hope your follicles are growing nicely!

Welcome thunder!! Glad your transfer went well! The tww is just complete torture but this forum helped me survive it too! I think you should be fine to test 8-9 dpt too. Hoping you get some great news soon!!:)

wishn- It can be tough when you see others get so many embryos but try & think of it this way: You've got 2 potential babies! And I think that's wonderful. :thumbup:

thunder- Welcome and congrats on being PUPO! :dust: I'd agree with you & others that it seems long to wait. I'm one of those people who had a lingering trigger, but even for me it was gone 12 days after I took it. So I think it's safe for you to test by 9dp5dt and you should get a nice dark line by then. Good luck!

babylights- I saw they won't increase your dose past 300 Follistim. I wonder why? Either way, my clinic said it was safe to stim up to 14 days so you're fine. Grow, embies, grow! :dance:

Hi all - we have our IVF consult in a few hours and I'm wondering if there are any specific questions I should ask? Our appointment last month was supposed to be our consult but ended up being about my diagnosis (Mosaic Turner Syndrome). The plan is to do PGS then a FET. I'm making my list of questions and would love input from those of you who have already gone through it! Thank you!!

It's always good to make sure about the cost of specific procedures, because sometimes there are extra charges for things you would think were included. (Like, the "basic" IVF at my clinic only included a 3-day culture after retrieval. So if you went out to 5 days it was extra.) Stuff like assisted hatching, ICSI, freezing embryos, etc. was also extra.

Some clinics can help you out with extra meds that people drop off, so I'd check on that. (Unless you are going through insurance.) If you are self-pay, they sometimes work with financial groups that offer discounts if you qualify.

I asked about the specifics of the cycle, like approx. how long was each stage, so that I had an idea when retrieval/transfer would likely be. I was also interested in the protocol because I love to research. :thumbup:

It's good to ask about the clinic's success rate for your age group, and more specifically what they think your personal chances are.

One last thing that I didn't think to ask until after I'd already started stimming, was what is their policy if you only get 1 or 2 eggs? Some clinic's will automatically cancel the cycle, so it's good to know that if you wind up being a poor responder.

Hope that helps!

Thanks scooby! That was helpful!

The consult went well...everything is becoming so real! I was shocked to hear that my AMH is 4.8 and FSH is 6.4 (they were 3.1 and 8.4 a year ago). Could all my fertility diet / herbs / vitamins be helping?! Anyway, she said that while my dx is kinda grey and we can't really know how my eggs are affected, the fact that my egg reserve is excellent is in our favor. They expect to retrieve 16 eggs. FX!

So I'll call when AF starts and will start BC on cd 3.

Question - does stimming start right after birth control or is there a lapse in between?

Getting excited!

Thanks ladies. I'm trying to stay positive but I know our chances are slim. I'm really hoping and praying for our 2 embabies to make it to day 3. Assuming at least one makes it, the transfer will be tomorrow at noon!

Ask, I'm so glad your consult went well! Sounds like you have a great shot at having lots of embryos to test! I have no idea about your birth control question since I did estrogen priming.

Thank you ladies! It looks like I'll be triggering tomorrow or Saturday. Our RE has braced us for an egg quality issue since it looks like we'll be getting far fewer eggs than they were expecting based on my numbers. Just staying positive and hopeful and we'll see what we end up with!

scooby I asked about the 300 Gonal being the max and my nurse said it was just for this particular protocol - the good ovarian reserve protocol, which I am clearly failing heh :blush:

Ask I'm so glad your consult went so well! I started stims 5 days after my last bcp.

Wish omg so exciting! Keep on growing embies, you can do it!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->