IVF/FET roll call April-October 2017 *12 BFPs, 3 sets of twins!

Great news secret and ask, hoping your embies carry on strong as they are!
Secret please keep us updated with your fet, have you got a journal?

Yeah I do. It’s in the lttc section. I can’t 100% remember what it’s called but there is ivf bfn and fet bfn in the title lol

Secret, that is pretty good numbers! I know you must be disappointed with having more follicles but I think the quality will be great with estrogen priming. Can't wait to hear your day 3 update!

Ask, wow! I can't believe how many you got! If I have to do this again I think we might go for higher doses to try to get some more embies and maybe do PGD as well. So excited, can't wait to hear your final count!

As for me, its lining check day. I must be the only one left with a transfer this month... well maybe this month I guess we will see how the check goes in 2 hours. Ah! I have never been so nervous!!

secret & ask- That's excellent news from both of you! I hope things keep progressing well and you have successful FET's soon!

mnelson- Good luck with your check today!

Day 3 update is good. All 7 still going strong. 4 and good, 2 are medium and 1 is meh. They said to expect 50% to make it. Relaxing and trying to remain calm and believe we will get some good quality embies to freeze. They will call again Saturday to let us know.

That’s great news Secret! I get my update tomorrow about how many made it to biopsy and freeze...eeek!

Eeek is right. Even though we can do nothing about it it’s nerve wracking.

FET tomorrow morning at 10am.
I am so nervous, yet I want to be excited but also not get ahead of myself.
Ah!

mnelson , hope all has gone well today!

Secret, how are you?

I am pretty good. Af started 2 days early so that’s good. Hopefully that means our next af will be on time and we can get this fet started sooner

oh man, so sorry to hear that mnelson :(
sending hugs your way

Sorry mnelson that sucks. When are you planning the next one?

Had my WTF appt yesterday. My doctor seemed pretty optimistic, which I really needed. I freaked out having zero implantation and asked about donor eggs or surrogates and he was like, whoa whoa whoa, no where near that yet. He said at the end of the day he definitely sees me as one of his patients that will go home with a baby, and that doctors don't like to give guarantees like that. So I guess its just all about time.

I am doing a sonohysterogram again this month, because I was worried maybe polyps have returned with all of the high estrogen I've been on. Once we do that and we know for sure how things look, we will book the next FET, which is likely around early January. It probably would have fell right about Christmas, but my clinic closes down then, and I also just want to enjoy that. So I am thinking about a few weeks of birth control and looking around a mid-Jan transfer.

Ill go into more detail on my journal. But at the end of the day, he said anyone doing IVF and going home with a baby from a transfer is around 30-40%, and doing it was a PGS tested embryo only increases that another 10%. So really, its just a numbers game, and he gives me an "over 50% chance" that our next one will stick for the whole 9 months. So I guess thats better than 30%?

I’m so glad your doctor is hopeful for you, mnelson. The fact is that even at age 30, half of your eggs may be chromosomally abnormal so given that fact alone there’s a 50/50 chance of it sticking. Since this one didn’t work it seems more likely that the next one will! I have high hopes for you!

I had a hysteroscopy yesterday and my RE discovered a cervical polyp at the opening to my uterus which she removed...she didn’t see anything on my sonohysterogram 2 months ago so I’m guessing it showed up after all the IVF stims, although I know the hysteroscopy can catch things the HSG and SHG miss.

I start Lupron tomorrow...back on the injections train.

I am posting some data I found pretty shocking. I’m speaking with a genetic counselor this afternoon and will ask about these numbers. My RE told me at age 34, likely 60% of my eggs were abnormal due to age alone but this data suggests a much higher percent of abnormal. We had about 70% abnormal embryos (11 out of 16 were deemed chromosomally abnormal) and my retrieval was days before I turned 35.

My RE also said that she thinks I have about an 80% chance of a live birth if they transfer a PGS normal embryo which is close to the stats on that third graph. It seems like everyone is getting different statistics?

Attachments

• D6CC5F4E-E032-4757-9E1B-C982EFC9972F.jpg
    D6CC5F4E-E032-4757-9E1B-C982EFC9972F.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 7
  • FF93549C-0E7C-4CFA-9192-0F511983F454.jpg
    FF93549C-0E7C-4CFA-9192-0F511983F454.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 8
  • 44E12441-5EA4-40B1-A660-654774771527.jpg
    44E12441-5EA4-40B1-A660-654774771527.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online