Ivf/Icis July/Aug Ninewells Hospital Dundee

Waw Minno, not long till the 9th of August so either way hopefully you'll be well on your way with treatment soon. I'm pleased to hear that your holiday went well - we could do with a wee blast of 100 degrees here couldn't we, only for a day or two though! Have a good couple of weeks and I'll keep checking in to see how everything goes.

Nessa 'Hi'. I hope your waiting time flies by and that we are all hearing about how well everything is going very soon. Meantime these are a lovely bunch of ladies to be around and between them should be able to allay any fears or worries you my have.

Hi Nessa, nice you have joined us :). Must have taken you so long to have read through all the pages. Good luck and we are here if you need us :) the waiting is horrible xx
Nice to hear from you Minno, I'm so glad you enjoyed your holiday, it's a shame the doctor can't give more advice about the pill ect, but I hope this all works out for you , and I will be thinking of you, please keep us up to date :) xx

Nice to hear from you too Rags xx

Thanks girls. Rags, lovely to hear from you and hope all is well with you too.
I spoke to the coordinator today who told me they often have women whose af has gone awol and I just need to go for the scan and they will sort it out from there. Phew. That was nice to hear and much more than the doc said to me. I'm hoping that maybe the plan of getting this done in the next few weeks is still intact. We will see. 2 back this time. Scary!!

Hope everyone's week is going well.
Xxx

That's great minno, gives you piece of mind and reassurance ! Two! Ahh I'm so excited for you!! Not long at all! How you feeling about it all? Xx

Thanks H. I'm quite relaxed at the moment but going for the scan tomorrow now so will see how lining is and what plan will be when I hear from clinic on Monday. Funnily enough I just emailed Dundee as we are still on their list to ask where we are - we are now at top of waiting list. Mmmm I think they forgot about us and had to put us first as it's been 18 months since our last treatment there! Xx

A question about crinone gel ladies. I've never used it before - was always the pessaries before - sorry to be dumb but how best to use it? I have some that I bought for last cycle but never used it in the end. I haven't even opened the box. Does it come with an applicator to use? Any advice most welcome. I think I remember both H and V have used it before? Xz

Hey Minno,
I'm so sorry, I did reply but I don't know why it never posted.. Just came to check in and seen it was not there. Would you have another go at Dundee?
The crinone gel, I can't 100% remember but I'm sure it's in like a tube and you just squeeze it up :). I didn't have to put it in anything or that.
How are you getting on?
Xx

Thanks H. I went for scan and lining was thin so I've started the meds and have another lining scan next Friday night. Transfer is set for Sat 22nd all being well. Eeeeeeeeeeekkkkk! I've booked my flights and just in process of organising hotel with coordinator. It's all happening very quickly.
Your info about crinone is really helpful. I've never used it before - I really should just open up a packet and have a look at it as I'll be using it soon enough hopefully! I'm hoping it'll be less messy and fiddly that the oessaries and that I won't have to lie down after putting it in?
I'm not sure about Dundee? Don't think we will be doing another cycle after this one - too much money and emotional angst. I think it's this or bust.
How are you and twinnies? Having a good week I hope xxxx

Wow that is so quick!! Not long at all. I'm excited for you and hoping and praying everything works out this time, and hey, you may just join us twin mummies ;). The crinone gel is messy! Well after a few days use it isn't pleasant.. And I think you do have to lie down for a while maybe not.. I just remember I put it in at bedtime so I may be wrong. It's easy enough to use though. Twins are fantastic thank you! They will be one in a weeks time :cry: I do not know where this year has gone, to say I feel emotional is an understatement! :cry: xxx

Cannot believe the twinnies are one already!! Where did the first year go? Mind you, I can't believe my baby is 13 now! It all goes by in a flash so enjoy every moment. If we are lucky enough this time round I intend to maximise every single second. It's such a precious time. What have you got planned for the babies?
I'm on 12 mg estrimax - same as progynova - yuck, it gives me indigestion :( xx

I know it all goes by so quickly. We are not doing too much, just having some family and friends around, wish the weather had been better than its been, so hard to plan anything when the weather is so unpredictable :(. Aww that's not so good, hopefully it will all be worth it in the end though. How are you feeling? Xxx

Hope you all have a lovely day and the sun comes out.
I'm feeling ok. Hoping for the best but realistic of chances with it being an Fet. Bit worried about whether the embryos will thaw ok so that I can at least have a shot at it. Out of my hands though. Scan is on Friday and then I'll
know for sure that I'm flying out next week. Better be ok cod I've already booked and paid for my flights! Lol x

Aww it will be a worry, I'm hoping everything goes well for you though and better chance with two :). How long are you going for this time? If this doesn't work are you having anymore goes or not? X

Going out for three days max. Home on the third day so it's no time at all really. Thanks for good wishes. If it doesn't work this time that will the end of the road for us. Very lucky to have my son and six years is enough time ttc no 2! Time for more family hols and other plans. I've made my peace with it so whatever will be will be.
Xx

I hope it all works out for you this time, and having two back will hopefully improve the chances :). Xx

Well my twinnies are ONE!!!! :cry: this past year has flown by and I can't believe how much they have come on in just one year. They have been totally spoilt xx

Happy birthday twinnies!!! Hope you all had a lovely day.

I'm off for my lining scan....

Lining is at 8mm at its thickest point so we're good to go.
All set to fly out next week except stupid doctor keeps confusing me with his instructions about the medication so I've had to ask him, yet again, to be clearer! He keeps referring to me taking pessaries and now I have the crinone - it's soooo annoying. I just had an email
exchange with him about the crinone the other day too. I think he doesn't read the notes and has too many patients and that doesn't fill me with confidence! Grrrrrrrr

How are you all today H? Xxx

Happy birthday twins - what a fast year it has been.

Minno, all the best for you - I can't wait to be wishing yours a happy first birthday too.

Well mine starts school on Monday - this has to have been the quickest 5 years of my life! We are all set, I've just finished labelling all of his stuff and hanging it up as I'm working all day tomorrow and don't want to get stressed doing it when I come home.

Aw Rags. It's an emotional day their first day at school. I remember it clearly for my (now very big) baby! It's a landmark. Hope you get through it ok xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->