IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

a quick update, no miracles for me unfortunately after 6 days of stims on 450 menopur only 3 follicles seem to be growing (one on the side where I have a cyst so may not be accessible), the rest are small and does not look like they have time to catch up but I am still hoping. Will have one more scan over the weekend. I guess at this point I am just glad they carry on with the cycle and still hope for a positive outcome. I am trying to stay detached from the process cos up until EC there wont be any certainty as to whether I have any eggs and if I lost any to early O and up until ET I wont know if any embryos have survived so I have not cancelled any business trips yet and will deal with that when I get there. I have to be honest the fact that this is an NHS funded cycle takes so much pressure off, for some reason I'd be more upset now thinking how much money we are wasting. taking money worries out of this is huge actually. although I guess going forward it's just going to be a natural IVf for me

Briss stay positive as you only need a good one. Yes an NHS cycle is more relaxing. Are you taking cetrocide or the nasal spray. Keep an eye on early ovulation because shoots the progesterone up and compromises the quality of egg and lining. This was my case and the first clinic failed to diagnose. Cetrocide works fantastic for me. I am allergic to spray so may be just my case. But if you suspect early ovulation ask them for blood test.

Serena how lucky to have 2 frostie! Good luck in few weeks time x.
I done unmedicated frostie. Went so quick. 2 weeks from last period caught the ovulation and went for transfer 5 days later.

AFM - it is not ectopic! 1st time pregnancy in my uterus! So nervous and scared as I hardlly had any luck.
Too early to see heart beat 5w 2 days but the consultant saw a blob so so far looks ok not just an empty sac. He was pleased with what he seen an previous bloods. Hope so much is going ok.
I went so scared as all night before the scan had so much pain on the left. It seems to be the ovar and corpum lutenum.
No scans available for 3 weeks although the consultant wanted to book us in 10 days.

Izabela - amazing news! So so happy for you. Can't wait to hear more at your next scan. Are you tempted to go somewhere else for a scan or just wait 3 weeks? Wishing you so much love & luck with this pregnancy, you deserve a super easy pregnancy & delivery x

Briss - keep positive, hopefully the scan this weekend will bring good news x

Hey ladies!

Congratulations izabella I am so so pleased! Keep us posted on your progress!!

Briss how are you doing? You only need one good egg !!

Serena great news about FET I can't remember the process now either!!! Good luck!

Monkey feet how are you?

Key hope you and Isabelle are well!

AFM I've started the pill to start my egg donation cycle to a lady who has had 4 fails! Egg collection should be next month as I am on the short protocol! No down reg!!

Lots going on so great to hear from you all.
Izabela I literally couldn't be happier to hear you are pregnant. You have been thru so much & had such a long journey to get here you really deserve to have the best pregnant, easiest labour & best sleeping baby when they arrive :) can't wait to hear how things are progressing on your next scan in a few weeks

Briss - sorry to hear that the number of eggs are looking low but I can only agree with the others it is quality over quantity every time. I never got many eggs but they always seemed to be good quality so I'll keeps fingers crossed that you have a couple good ones for EC

Serena exciting news about FET - we are also looking to start soon with medicated cycle at lister as soon as next period arrives

Kazza - think it's amazing that you are going thru it all again to donate for that lady - it is the most amazing gift in the world you are giving her & I think you're fab for doing it :)

Isabelle is doing great we have 4 full teeth & 2 more just starting to poke thru and she is just starting to be happy standing! I'm very sad to be going back to work 3 weeks today though - time had gone too quickly

Xxxxx

had my EC today - 4 eggs!!!!!!! cannot believe this! we have asked for IMSI so we can only use mature ones, they will call me tomorrow with any update.

somehow this EC was so tough, I am all in pain and can't move, my ovaries are hurting bad and I had red bleeding

Brilliant news Briss - 4 eggs is great that is what we had after embryo sharing and had 2 blast put back & now have Isabelle. Sorry to hear you're suffering though, couple of paracetamols & hot water bottle might help?
Really hope u get good news tomorrow on fertilisation xxx

I ended up in A&E last night after sever abdominal pain and apparently I have blood inside which came from my right ovary :( devastating I am in so much pain

also got a call from the lab - no fertilisation

needless to say I am in pieces

Oh Briss I am so so sorry of course you'll be devasted & must be do much worseto be in so much pain too. Hope you are getting lots of love & support

Thinking of you xxxx

Oh Briss, I am so sorry to hear your news. Thinking of you so much.xxx

Izabela, wow! Biggest congrats to you, you have been through so much to get here. Wishing you a very happy and healthy pregnancy. I too had a lot of pain at beginning if this pregnancy and feared so much for another ectopic. It's so frightening but mine was fibroid pain. There are so many explanations and everything in there is still so swollen from treatment etc. Much love.

Serena - how exciting that you are possibly starting out again! I've never had fet a can't help with timescales but it's all very exciting. How is rosalie doing? She must be 13-14mths now?

Kazza - you are amazing! What a fab thing to do! How are the twins doing? Hope all is well with you and this round for donation is not too stressful emotionally or physically.

Key - exciting that you are thinking about another round too! It's all happening. Keep us posted.

All is well here - just gone into 3rd trimester. Have had no spd as yet (touch wood) so currently finding Thai pregnancy much much easier (once I got passed 16wls that's is). Still very exhausting with a toddler as oh still away til end of November but I am so so grateful. I have elected for a section at 39wks as daren't risk a natural given William was 10lb6 and ended in and emergency - I couldn't bare another emergency section. So we are due to have this one (a girl!) on 12th December.

Anyways - so sorry not been on in so long but I do still think of you all often.

Lots of love.xx

Briss I am so sorry for you news. My hea heart goes to you. Big cuddle and I have no words to say how much I feel for you.

Kaza you are so generous. Such a great gift. I would not be pregnant without a generous donor.

Key so lovely to you are going for a sibling. LISTER are great.

Serena when do you start?

Monkefeet I hope your pregnacy goes great. How many weeks are you now.

AFM - all ok so far but I am so frightened that something bad may happen. 2 weeks until scan. I hope to see a great heart beat. Thank you for your positive thoughts. X

Brussels I hope you are starting to recover & not in so much pain anymore x

Monkeyfeet lovely to hear from you - can't believe your in the 3rd trimester already & having a girl that's brillant news. I'm sure the last few weeks will fly by

Izabela I'm sure the scan seems a lifetine away but glad you're not having any more pain and can't wait to hear about & see scan soon

Serena - sounds like we might be doing FET at same time would be brilliant if we both got positives then

Kazza how are things going starting your treatment

Xxx

Briss I am so so sorry, chin up my lovely you will get there!

Key and serena really looking forward to you starting your new cycles., amazing!

Izabella, glad your feeling ok can't wait for your scan!

Monkeyfeet! Great to hear from you. Glad things progressing well!

Afm twins are great thanks! Had all my meds delivered yesterday period next week and then the donation starts! Eeeeek.

Monkeyfeet - brilliant news, not long until you meet your girl in December! It must be tough being heavily pregnant and looking after William on your own. Will you OH be around for a while from November?

Izabela - how's the pregnancy? Feeling ok?

Kazza - such a great thing you're doing, have you started now?

Key - how are you getting on with FET?

Briss - how are you? Has the pain eased now?

AFM - has my appt, all very positive. I should start FET in Oct & aim for transfer around the end of November x

Briss hope your doing ok hun & not having any more pain.

Izabela - how are things going when is your scan?

Monkeyfeet - won't be long til you meet your little girl - I best this third trimester will fly by :)

Kazza - can't believe you kick off so soon - really hope your friend gets her bfp from your embroyos, such a gift your giving them

Serena - glad things went well at Guys and you'll only be a couple of weeks behind us. Let's hope trying this time is a bit more straightforward

Afm - day 21 of cycle on Sunday so start DR then and I'm guessing transfer will be towards end of Oct, which is about same time we move - so nothing like a stress free few weeks coming up

Hope everyone is doing well xxx

Ladies, thank you so much for support! I had my "second opinion appointment" with a senior consultant at a different hospital and it seems like things are going in the right direction. he agreed with UCLH that not doing a lap was the right way to go about it, and there is every hope that things will heal in about 6-8 weeks. seems like this could have happened to anyone, I was just unlucky. even then, the risks are still there until the blood is fully absorbed so i should be careful and take things easy. We should not TTC this month which is disappointing although considering the pain not sure I am up to it anyway.

I went back to RMU today for a follow up and finally saw a consultant (not the usual junior doctors). apparently I was not supposed to go back to work... I need rest to ensure things do not get worse so i am back on sick leave for another week. they wanted to discharge me but I asked for another follow up appointment because I really want to make sure blood is completely gone and ovaries work normally. but so far so good, the blood is reducing, the ovaries have gone back to normal size but they still do not appear normal yet, there are cysts with blood but these should be resolved in a month or so. the pain is still there and surprisingly my right shoulder pain is also related to the incident. I feel a bit more optimistic but I guess I need to wait and see how things are going next couple of cycles.

Briss I am glad your ovaries are back to normal size and is good that are looking nearly ok. You are very strong to be able to go back to work so soon after all of this. It is good you got another week off. Take care of yourself. Big hug.

Key and Serena I can't believe that you are going for transfer at the end of October and November. Not long left.

Kaza hope you enjoy meds free week and hopefully not too many sides effects from spray and stims.

Monkeyfeet can't belive you are in the third trimester. And a girl- lovely! C sections sound nicely planned. That makes me think if my last one was not ectopic I would have been due at the end of October.

AFM scan went great yesterday we saw a lovely heart beat and the baby measured 8 weeks 3 days although I was 8 weeks to 2 days. Cervix was nicely closed, lining was ok and so the ovaries. All together we were very happy. In the Night time I had some light brown spoting when I wiped and 1 or 2 on pantiline. I was so scared. Lucky it all became lighter and withe by lunch time. Since I only had white discharge. I had no spoting before apart from 2 little ones before the test day, 16 days post ovulation. I believe was from the vaginal ultrasound but I have not had any spots after my last scan at 5 weeks 2 days. I hope this will stick. I am so stress because I had not had much luck and is hard to believe is going to happen.

Briss - really glad to hear things are starting to heal - you've been so unlucky and suffered so much pain I'm so glad to hear it's starting to inprove. Take the time off to recover & pamper yourself hun xxx

Izabela that is fantastic news. My understanding is that once you've seen heartbeat chances of everything going ok are so much higher and only a few more weeks to go until in 2 & more relaxed trimester. So happy & excited for you, are u going to find out sex?

So I start down reg sniffers today & back to work tomorrow! It's all happening together but blast transfer from Guys to lister is complete so guess it's full ste ahead...

Kazza / Serena hope u are both ok. I think you start drugs soon don't u?

Monkeyfeet - not long to go, hope last few weeks are going well

Love to all xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"