• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI at RVH??? Cycle buddy OCT/NOV xx

brilliant news on the normal results gemma:happydance: im sure u r relieved its not OHSS and u can continue down the road u r on :hugs:

Hi girls :wave:

Sounds like everyone is doung really well :hugs:

Gemma, thrilled you have lots of good sized follies, keeping everything crossed for you.

TCMC, wow you have a lot on with this & the course and all. Hang in there but im sure theres a sympathetic tutor you could talk to if you need extensions or time off frm the course. Glad to hear you arent feeling sick anymore but sorry about the headaches. Good luck starting the gonal f injections - what dose are you on?

Twinkle, how are you feelin today? Hope hubby is back soon. I know the wait is nervewrecking - the whole process is!! Im waiting to get the letter, wondering when we'll hear and how long before treatment and all that...
Going for a 2nd cycle too & protocol will be completely different to the short protocol I had at Origin.

Thinking of you all xx

good morning everyone:flower:

how is everyone doing?

Gemma- how u getting on with the injections? have u had ur scan yet or is that today?

Twinkle- how are you today? i think its only natural that u feel a little overwhelmed just keep thinking of the end goal, ur strong and u can do this:hugs:

Threebirds- hope u are keeping well :hugs:

AFM- the sprays are no longer making me feel sick:happydance: but i still haven't lost the paranoia that im not getting enough or that it will run out of my nose again:haha: its obviously doing something tho because i have been experiencing side effects. at the min i have a headache that i haven't been able to shift for the last cpl of days but nothing unbearable just more annoying than anything else and continuing to have hot flushes:blush:
I start my Gonal-f injections tomorro surprisingly i am not too worried about them then my tracking scan is on wednesday morning:happydance: i dont know whether to be nervous or excited :haha:

Gemma, so glad everything is coming along nicely for u! That's brilliant that the follicles are a good size already. As for them thinking of OHSS, I had a mild case of it with my cycle and they just said to keep my fluids and protein levels up to help stop it getting worse, so drink lots of water and milk. Keeping everything crossed for u!

Tcmc, thanx hun, I'm trying to remain focused on what might happen at the end of all this! We got all the paperwork thru of what to bring to the screening appointment etc, feels very real now! Good luck with starting ur injections, once the first one is done, it's easy!

Threebirds, hope ur keeping well!

AFM, nothing much to report, just wishing time would pass more quickly so I get my hubby home from his work trip to Dubai! And so we can get to our appointment and find out dates and stuff soon!

Take care ladies! xoxo

Thanks twinklemama it won't be long before you get started :thumbup::happydance:

So just got my results and everything is good and all normal :happydance: no sign of ohss just responding well to the treatment so I'm staying on schedule hopefully get loads of eggies suitable for ICSI :) x

Three- the course isnt too bad im only doing part time so just 2 evenings a week but i tend to have a habit of leaving things to the last minute so had a freak out about whether or not i would get the assignment done on time:cry: but in the end i got it done and handed in on time, Fx'd i get at least a pass on it and il be happy enough:haha:
I am starting on 225iu of Gonal-f first one today:happydance: have u taken it before? did u have any side effects with it?:hugs: i really hope u get ur letter soon:hugs:

Gemma- what time of day do u take the Gonal-f injections? have u had any side effects or need to lie down after doing it etc?

Twinkle-how are you?:hugs:

Threebirds - thank you I hope you aren't waiting much longer have u chanced your arm and rang them to see were you are on the list and when you should w expecting your letter?? Could be worth a try x

Tcmc I take mine between four and five in the afternoon just because of my shift work it works better for me to take it then! I lay down for my first one because I just couldn't do it lol I danced about the living room for a good 15mins then I went to my bed lay down and relaxed took a deep breath and then it was over :-( let me know how you get on! I have just been really tired and I'm getting ovary and lower back pain it's quite noticeable at the minute quite crampy at night..... No other side effects though x

Twinkle how are you today x

Hi girls!
Tcmc, how did u get on with ur first injection?? Hope it was ok! Glad u got ur assignment done!
Gemma, how's things with u? When are u having ur next scan?
Threebirds, giving them a call would do no harm, maybe it would put ur mind at rest if u know when to expect the letter, but I'm sure it won't be long.
AFM, hubby home this morning!! Only here for the weekend then he's away again for another week on Sunday. Picked up my pill today from the doctor, now just counting down to the appt on Monday week.
Hope everyone is well and ready for a relaxing weekend!

well i done my first injection at 10am and it was absolutely fine:happydance: i was a little silly tho and didnt push quite hard enough on the pen when injecting and had to stick myself a 2nd time to get the rest of the dose:haha: but it really was easy peasy didnt even feel the needle go in just a little stingy after the meds went in but not at all bad, still have headache but again nothin unbearable.

cant wait for my scan on wednesday now i really really hope the meds do what ther supposed to and i get some good follies:hugs:

Tcmc, I did something similar on my first one-I jumped so much (even tho it didn't really hurt!) that I pulled the needle out and had to go in again!! It gets easier tho! Amazing how normal it becomes to stab yourself every day!

Hi everyone. hey all you whos started injections... how long did it take whenever you sent the form with your cycles etc for you to get your schedule and are on BCP? x

Hey girlies

How is everyone doing?? Got my final scan in the morning :) after what seemed like a lifetime of waiting this has went in so fast can't believe it's nearly over! Hopefully get the go ahead and trigger tomorrow il let you know how it goes :thumbup:

Hey wifeyw

I got my schedule about 2 1/2 weeks after I sent my form in..... I started at the end of the 5th week of my BCP so hopefully not to long for you when did you post in x

Gemma- good luck for tomorro cant wait to hear how it all goes i have my Fx'd for you:happydance::hugs:

wifey- i was the same as gemma i was on BCP for a total of 31 days

Twinkle- how are things with you?

Three- how are you?

AFM- injections are going really well not even feeling them anymore:happydance: i am very tired and starting to feel quite full and bloated having the odd little twinge around where my ovaries would be but only a very little bit. i have my first tracking scan on wednesday so really hoping everything is doing what it should be:hugs:

Gemma- how are you feeling? are you having any signs or symptoms?

Gemma- how are you feeling? are you having any signs or symptoms?

I'm feeling okay just tired and a bit sickie sometimes but other than that not too bad! I'm only sore in the mornings when I get up for a pee lol tmi but it must be the pressure on my ovaries and as soon as I go it really hurts so have been getting up at 6am to go and it seems to have helped! I hope your follies are getting nice and big but I think with your age it should be all good :) :thumbup: sounds like they are doing their stuff :) xx

Hey girls

Well I'm just back from my final scan and all is good! I have 18 follicles around 17- 20mm and a few a bit smaller the consultant thinks il have over 20 by the time of collection eek I just hope I don't end up with too many apparently still at high risk of OHSS so keeping my fingers crossed but on the plus side I'm hoping to have some to freeze :) so trigger at 9:30 tonight and back at 9:30am on Thursday for collection :happydance: had dr mcfaul today and have to say did not really like him or nurse I had they were both really impersonal and brusk I really hope I don't get him on Thursday...... I'm getting nervous about it and would rather have someone a bit more gentle he actually hurt me with the scanner today so can only imagine what he would be like with an 8 inch needle:nope::nope:

How are all you lovelies today?? Xx

Hey Gemma. Glad to hear u have lots of lovely follies I hope the ohss stays away tho :-(
Sorry to hear u had a bad experience with Dr McFaul, I think I may be seeing him I was told I would see him at my review appointment last year but never did. I'm kinda hoping for Dr Abadje again he was so nice and gentle too which is deffo wot ya want when there's such a big needle involved in such a sensitive area!! Can't wait to hear how u get on with ER on Friday! U must be so excited!! It's hard to believe it's here already!!

Hey Gemma. Glad to hear u have lots of lovely follies I hope the ohss stays away tho :-(
Sorry to hear u had a bad experience with Dr McFaul, I think I may be seeing him I was told I would see him at my review appointment last year but never did. I'm kinda hoping for Dr Abadje again he was so nice and gentle too which is deffo wot ya want when there's such a big needle involved in such a sensitive area!! Can't wait to hear how u get on with ER on Friday! U must be so excited!! It's hard to believe it's here already!!

thanks tcmc I know I can't believe it's happening :) I've never had Dr abadje before but anyone else other than mcfaul and il be happy maybe he was just having an off day!! How are you feeling have you had any side effects I'm still feeling sick but just 10 more minutes and I'm officially drug free yay :) xx

Hey girls! Sounds like everyone is doing well! It's all very exciting!
Gemma, glad to hear the drugs have worked their wonders and there's loads of good sized follicles. U won't know yourself tomoro having a drug free day, i felt like I was forgetting to do something all day! Keeping everything crossed for u! Sorry to hear about your experience with dr mcfaul, I've never met him but he delivered my friends little boy on Friday. She said the theatre staff love working with him cos he's very quick, so even if you get him on Thursday, at least it'll be over quickly. But I know dr agbaje tho and he's lovely, very reassuring. And prof McClure was great with my scans before.
Tcmc, Looking forward to hearing how ur scan goes, I'm sure things are coming along nicely. Good luck for tomoro!
Just reading the earlier posts about BCP, and I've realised I'm gonna be on it and preparing all over Christmas and New Year!
Hope everyone else is well! xoxo

Hey girlies :)

GemmaG - i hand delivered it monday to them as had to wait on AF to start BCP which i started sunday. When did u get injection training? YAY on ur follies you done well and glad the drugs worked for you, we'll take any nasty side affects if it means they do their job eh.... how many scans did u have to get during the whole treatment?.. I'm worried until i get my schedule incase they try put it off until after xmas or pro long it even.. more waiting :-( hope not.. i'll be thinking about on thursday EXCITED!! hope OHSS doesn't happen for you i'm sure you'll b good. Can't wait to hear how it goes for you..
i have PCOS thats one thing i'm worried OHSS will happen to me. still tryin not to think about that tho. As for the DR's and nurses being very impersonal i found that at our last appointment i even mentions it to DH.. nothin worse. I've always had the one DR (Dr Traub) the whole time apart from when DH had biopsy and thought it got infected so had to go up got different one. GoodLuck! x

TCMC - Thank you.. bit worried to start the injections i don't think i'd be able to do it lol DH will have to do it for me. Do they train your partners up injections too? Have you put on any weight because i've heard that some people have others haven't? Good luck for your scan tomarrow let us know what happens i'm sure ur making some lovely follies in there. Feels like i'm miles behind you girlies still lol hate waiting. x

Twinklemama - BCP is a pain i wish there was some way to just start it and get to it i hate waiting, i'm sure it will go quick though not complaing ( much lol ) i'm hopeing im started before xmas but i won't know until they post out my schedule. x

Thanks ladies :)
Gemma hope the trigger shot went well for you have fingers and toes crossed for your ER :)
I can't bloody sleep :-( have to b up at 6am as my appointment is at 7.55 and it takes an hour without traffic to get to the royal :-( zzzzzzzz

Hey girlies :)

GemmaG - i hand delivered it monday to them as had to wait on AF to start BCP which i started sunday. When did u get injection training? YAY on ur follies you done well and glad the drugs worked for you, we'll take any nasty side affects if it means they do their job eh.... how many scans did u have to get during the whole treatment?.. I'm worried until i get my schedule incase they try put it off until after xmas or pro long it even.. more waiting :-( hope not.. i'll be thinking about on thursday EXCITED!! hope OHSS doesn't happen for you i'm sure you'll b good. Can't wait to hear how it goes for you..
i have PCOS thats one thing i'm worried OHSS will happen to me. still tryin not to think about that tho. As for the DR's and nurses being very impersonal i found that at our last appointment i even mentions it to DH.. nothin worse. I've always had the one DR (Dr Traub) the whole time apart from when DH had biopsy and thought it got infected so had to go up got different one. GoodLuck! x

TCMC - Thank you.. bit worried to start the injections i don't think i'd be able to do it lol DH will have to do it for me. Do they train your partners up injections too? Have you put on any weight because i've heard that some people have others haven't? Good luck for your scan tomarrow let us know what happens i'm sure ur making some lovely follies in there. Feels like i'm miles behind you girlies still lol hate waiting. x

Twinklemama - BCP is a pain i wish there was some way to just start it and get to it i hate waiting, i'm sure it will go quick though not complaing ( much lol ) i'm hopeing im started before xmas but i won't know until they post out my schedule. x

Thanks wifeyw I will take anything that is thrown at me as I'm sure we all would to get our wee miracles:hugs: you shouldn't be too long I would say you will have your schedule around the start of December I know it's horrible waiting but trust me once your schedule arrives and you get your nurse appointment and meds it goes so quickly! I had injection training at the nurse led appointment she only showed me but DH was watching honestly you will be fine once you get the first one done it took me ages to actually do it then it was fine :) i got scheduled for two scans the 6th and 10th days on gonal f I think everyone is the same xx

Tcmc how are you today how was your scan??? Hope there is one lovely follies x

Twinklemama you are so right don't know myself today I love drug free days I'm having a pj and Christmas movie day have the fire lit and relaxing in preparation for tomorrow :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->