IVF/ICSI at RVH??? Cycle buddy OCT/NOV xx

well scan went well they said i have between 6-8 follicles on either side so between 12-16 total and the lead follicles are measuring at 11.6 with a uterine lining of 6mm :) they said they are really pleased with the progress and know i will have a few more by next week. ER 21/11

i had Dr Abadje and he was lovely as always said he is feeling very positive about my cycle and that i should be too:happydance:

Tcmc that's great news sounds perfect :) I bet your delighted :hugs: x

Hi
I hope you guys don't mind me jumping in.
I'm really new just found this site and couldn't believe how much I've learnt in only a few days.
I've been trying to conceive for 5years. We finally discovered my husbands infertility.
We've been on the waiting list for IVF using donor sperm since January 2011. Finally in October 2012 we received our letter to begin our IVF. I've had my screening on 30th October and I'm currently on my 16th day of BCP. I was wondering how long you guys had to take BCP before the next stage, I'm very impatient. Lol I was also wondering if you get your schedule when you start the nasal spray?
I really hope you guys don't mind me jumping in I'm just really gratefully for ANY help or info I can get..
Thanks & best of luck to you all xxxxxxx

Hi
I hope you guys don't mind me jumping in.
I'm really new just found this site and couldn't believe how much I've learnt in only a few days.
I've been trying to conceive for 5years. We finally discovered my husbands infertility.
We've been on the waiting list for IVF using donor sperm since January 2011. Finally in October 2012 we received our letter to begin our IVF. I've had my screening on 30th October and I'm currently on my 16th day of BCP. I was wondering how long you guys had to take BCP before the next stage, I'm very impatient. Lol I was also wondering if you get your schedule when you start the nasal spray?
I really hope you guys don't mind me jumping in I'm just really gratefully for ANY help or info I can get..
Thanks & best of luck to you all xxxxxxx
Hi babies r us

Your absolutely welcome to jump in and we are all going through the same process the support and info is great!! I was on the pill 31 days and had my nurse led appointment on the 29th day of my pill so won't be long for your nurse led appointment letter and schedule to come! You bring your schedule with you to your appointment and pick up your injections and sprays from the pharmacy in the royal before going to the RFC and the nurse show you how to use everything and gives you dates for your scans, your sprays will start a few days after that appointment and injections about 1 1/2 weeks after that! Hope that helps :) if you have anymore questions just ask and one of us will hopefully be able to answer for you!! I know I'm so impatient too lol but trust me your nearly there :hugs: x

So much for the relaxing day...... I'm absolutely bricking it now nerves are getting the better of me stomach is like a washing machine I really hope it doesn't hurt too much:nope:

Thanks Gemma I am pleased but of course still worried I don't think being worried wil stop until I have a little baby in my arms tho lol

Can't believe Ur egg retrieval is tomorrow!! I'm really nervous about that part too :-( I really hope it goes easy peasy for u and pain free, can't wAit to hear how u get on and let me know that I'm on for nxt week!! Lol

Hey girls! Don't worry about the egg collection Gemma and tcmc- I was absolutely wetting myself about it the night before, and gurned like a big kid when they brought me in to the theatre, but it was easy! It might be slightly different from the cycle i had at origin, cos i think the level of sedation is slightly lower but I just have one memory from during it, which was the dr saying he was gonna move onto the right ovary then the next thing I remember was opening my eyes and waffling on to the nurse about my friend donating eggs for someone else, she thought I was a looper! The whole thing lasted about 45 mins but it literally felt like 2 minutes to me, and i never felt a thing the whole time. Then I just watched tv and slept for the rest of the day. Also, I'd read loads of stuff about the embryo transfer being painful as well so had got myself into a tizz about that but it was even easier, not even as bad as a smear test. The most uncomfortable bit was having to have a full bladder for it and then lying with my legs up in the stirrups for a few minutes while the embryologist checks the wee tube to make sure the embryo is inside me and not still in the tube!! It was very surreal making polite conversation with the dr while you're lying there with a speculum sticking out of your bits lol! Anyway, Gemma wishing you all the best for tomoro and can't wait to hear how you get on!

Tcmc, I'm so glad things are moving well for you too! It seems to be flying in now! And before you know it, you will hopefully have the good news we're all waiting for! Xo

Hi babies r us! Sounds like you're very close as well, it's so exciting at this stage, and I know how you feel with the impatience - I can't wait to get started again and be given all my dates etc.

Anyway, night night ladies xoxo

Hi every1 :wave:

Gemma thinking of you today :hugs::hugs::hugs: all will go well, sounds like you have lots of follies, it really is ok (ive been thru EC once at Origin). Good luck :)

Tcmc - sounds like you are well on your way, delighted to hear your follies are doing well.

Good luck to everyone. Im hoping we'll get our RFC letter / offer of treatment v soon & just getting as healthy as I can at the moment - wrking hard at getting BMI under 30.

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

So it's all over phew I was so nervous but I'm absolutely delighted we got 12 eggs and all are suitable for ICSI:happydance: had a few empty follies but couldn't believe it that all my wee eggies were good enough :happydance:

The procedure was okay fully awake for the whole thing was sore at times but the pain meds do their thing and you can have gas and air if you need it. The worst part was pushing the needle through the vaginal wall and into the ovary it's very sharp but quick... i had Dr Williamson and she was lovely told me to take a deep breath when she pushed it in! Overall I was surprised at how well I coped everyone was lovely and it was really good being awake to watch it all :) I'm quite sore now and bleeding a bit but its all worth it :) so Tcmc don't worry it really is okay and they top your pain relief when you ask xx

WOW Gemma congrats on Ur 12 lovely eggies :) how many days transfer are u having?
I'm soo nervous about egg collection mine is on Wednesday I'm glad to hear there's gas and air tho love that stuff lol

How are you feeling now? Are u in any pain?

WOW Gemma congrats on Ur 12 lovely eggies :) how many days transfer are u having?
I'm soo nervous about egg collection mine is on Wednesday I'm glad to hear there's gas and air tho love that stuff lol

How are you feeling now? Are u in any pain?

Thanks huni I'm over the moon obviously tomorrow will be the big day I know they all looked mature enough for ICSI but tonight is the night and I just hope I get at least half of them fertilised :thumbup: I'm okay a little bit sore still and im drinking loads of water to keep ohss at bay just as a precaution. I'm actually feeling quite good I have a high pain threshold anyway so haven't needed any other painkillers!

Lol I didn't take the gas and air as i was worried it would make me sick but the rapid morphine was good and done its job so don't worry about it next week it really is fine it's over really quickly about 10-15mins :) I'm back in on Sunday for 3 day transfer and they are talking about putting 2 back in because of my previous miscarriages unless I have an exceptional embie they will do SET xx

Delighted for you Gemma! You got loads of eggs! I was told 6 was the average, so you've done really well! Hopefully you'll get loads fertilised as well and the embryologist will have plenty to choose from. It's amazing how nerve wracking this bit is, no-one ever warned us about it! Hope you get some sleep tonight and are feeling ok now. Xo

Aww gemma, really good news well done u!! so excited really good result. glad everything went well for you and it wasn't as bad as you thought. getting butterflies for you lol excitteedd! hope your feeling ok and can wait to hear how things get on tomarrow x

Thanks girls :hugs: I know twinklemama this bit really is nerve-wracking more that i thought it would be I have been sitting all night willing them on lol it's amazing how u feel about your wee future embies I just hope they do well so anxious but excited as well for tomorrow lol wifeyw I have butterflies too I'm going to be up to high do tomorrow when I ring them I just hope and pray it will be good news don't know what I'd do or how I will feel if they aren't okay cx

OMG please help!! i fell asleep on the sofa for like 2 hours and realised when i woke up that i missed a dose of my nasal spray!! i took it straight away but still almost 3 hours later than i normally take it i am so scared that i am going to ovulate and will lose all my eggs what am i going to do?!:cry::cry::cry:

Don't panic chick I work shift work and my sprays weren't the same everyday I was told as long as I had roughly 4hrs between sprays it would be okay just take your missed dose and start again as normal tomorrow you won't lose your eggs sweetie what time did you take your spray at? Xx

Hi peeps

Gemma delighted for you - lots of eggies :)
Hope ur resting up after today. Good luck for transfer, 2 going in would be great xx

Tcmc try not to stress about the nasal spray, you wont ov - the follies arent ready yet. You're doing great xx

Lots of :dust: to every1 :hugs:

i have been taking them at 7.30am 1pm 7pm and 12.30am. but i missed the 7pm one tonight and didnt take it til 9.45pm so had a complete freak out and still a little teary:cry:

Gemma thank you so much for you share of info I'm so grateful, an excited I'm actually scurrying home from work willing an envelope be there lol
Twinklemama thank you I'm willing everyday away at the min to get closer an closer to the next stage.
So glad all is going well for you Gemma I'm keeping everything crossed! Hope ur not too anxious although I bet that's impossible. 😘 xoxo

Oh my god oh my god:happydance::happydance: just off the phone with the embryologist they injected 11 of my eggs as one was slightly immature when they stripped it and it fractured they couldn't use it and I now have 8 embies yes frigging 8 embies and the all look good :) ohh hang on my wee babes......I'm so excited and happy I could cry :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->