IVF/ICSI at RVH??? Cycle buddy OCT/NOV xx

ruby - congrats hope that line keeps getting darker and i will keep everything you said in mind thank you for the advice. xx

babiesrus - thats fantastic amount of eggs, can't imagine what you are feeling right now i would be the same wish could give you a big hug, you have waited so long to get to this point and now this it's so unfair... i read that Gatorade is to help with OHSS, it replaces the electolytes your body is not allowing to be absorbed properly... but i have never tried it. b and m are doing good offers on it.

If have to try to take a positive away from this even though it will be another wee while to do the FET at least your body will be ready prepared and and give the wee embies the optimum chance to thrive which will mean better result.

I'm so sorry it wasn't the news you wanted and i hope your alright xx

ruby - congrats hope that line keeps getting darker and i will keep everything you said in mind thank you for the advice. xx

babiesrus - thats fantastic amount of eggs, can't imagine what you are feeling right now i would be the same wish could give you a big hug, you have waited so long to get to this point and now this it's so unfair... i read that Gatorade is to help with OHSS, it replaces the electolytes your body is not allowing to be absorbed properly... but i have never tried it. b and m are doing good offers on it.

If have to try to take a positive away from this even though it will be another wee while to do the FET at least your body will be ready prepared and and give the wee embies the optimum chance to thrive which will mean better result.

I'm so sorry it wasn't the news you wanted and i hope your alright xx

Thanks Mrs I can honestly say I feel so sorry for myself I really thought the finish line was in sight but now this. I'm more worried about my eggs having to go threw the freezing an thawing process than I am about OHSS but Dr Williamson just wouldn't even consider puffing them back in. I have to ring in the morning to see how many have fertilised but the nurse said the eggs will be frozen tomorrow so I won't even know what cell they make it to or anything which will obviously prolong my anxiety! I am just devastated 😭 xoxo

ack i know mrs surely they have to tell you or even ask what they were before they froze them you have every right too. nothing i will say will make you feel any better it's just so unfair... how did you find the whole EC bit? xx

ack i know mrs surely they have to tell you or even ask what they were before they froze them you have every right too. nothing i will say will make you feel any better it's just so unfair... how did you find the whole EC bit? xx

Augh it wasn't pleasant now, like urself I had one stubborn one that wouldn't come out so she had to withdraw an go back in again, then poke around to get it but we got there in the end. The RE was shouting in we got 1,2,3 right up til 7 then I thought that was it until I was in recovery an Dr Williamson came in to tell me the good & not so good news!! 😪

Babiesrus, I can't imagine how ur feeling hun, good news on one hand with an amazing amount of eggs and not so good news on the other. But on the plus side, I've read that the success rate is slightly higher with FET than fresh embies. Don't know if anyone else has heard this, but apparently it's cos the doctors spend more time preparing the lining of the uterus rather than focusing on the eggs, so hopefully u will get ur BFP, just a bit later than u we're expecting. You'll prob be going back for it around the same time as me!

Wifey, how are u today? Are u resting up? xo

Hi twinkle mama it was hectic! As expected. You kinda have to hit the ground running in primary schools. So lots of extra duties on top of the actual teaching. But it's great. Loved being back in the classroom. Day flew in.

Babiesrus. Delighted to hear your excellent numbers!! Fingers crossed for fertilised eggs tomoro. Sorry you'll have to wait a few months til your transfer date. That's horrible news when you've geared yourself up for it. Have to say I found the FET very straightforward. Lots of drugs to build up lining in prep for transfer. You might be different tho. Remember the positives. Xx

Yeah twinklemama i heard that FET is higher success too, i wasn't so sure to why tho so thats a good thing x

babiesrus have you found out the cell when you phoned them today? i hope your ok missusx

mumstheword - aww i'm sure your glad first day in new jobs over but after a week you prob be doing things with your eyes closed. x

AFM I'm not to bad i'm still sore and uncomfortable especially lying down in bed at night , lastnight was very uncomfortable. I've been having cramps from day one of progestrone but i have been out and about and doing some stuff not over doing and resting too the sun makes me want to go out all time even though it's cold everyones in good form aren't they. Loving DH spoiling me thats something i could get used to lol. Lastnight he had came in when i was in bed and started talking to the embies telling them to stick etc so sweet.

How are you girls today? xx

I'm good. Suns great! Really enjoying the nice weather, even though its freezing!

Well just to top of my luck. I called the Embryologist this morning an 9 of my 15 eggs matured and ivf was used. This morning when he arrived NONE have fertilised. To say I am devastated would be an understatement. In shock, I tried to get something/anything from him but he just kept saying its very rare and can't be explained. He said next time You use ICSI.
Next time... I've not got £4500 for a next time.
I've an emergency appointment with Dr McManus tomorrow but that's me done. Absolutely distraught beyond words.

OMG babiesrus thats horrendous can't they take one of the eggs and do some sort of testing or something so you have answers.. i really honestly can not believe that. i'm actually speechless. xx

all the messing about and trouble you have gotten through them i think you deserve another free go i really do and i would try argue that point to them its just not fairxx

OMG babiesrus thats horrendous can't they take one of the eggs and do some sort of testing or something so you have answers.. i really honestly can not believe that. i'm actually speechless. xx

I rang back in the afternoon when I stopped sobbing but I can't understand him he kept sayin "you have many questions, I don't have answers" I asked will I know why this has happened and he said everything looked good, can't understand. I am numb. I just can't believe it.. I had to get my GP to call me an give me something to settle me down I'm jus distraught..

I read a thing online and it says that it comes down to 3 things which is 1. the egg. 2. sperm . 3 . lab enviroment so somewhere along those lines something has went wrong.. like there was this girl in another forum doind egg share she got 11 eggs 6 which she kept and 5 went as donor.. she wasn't long home and went bed woke up to many missed calls from the hosp they said there was a problem with the donor eggs and it was down to human error and they are having big meeting with the top bosses and the person responsible so it can happen. i hope you get answers tomarrow i really do i know you wouldn't be thinking straight but make sure all your questions are answered tomarrow and ask if it's ever happened before. I know those 9 were mature of your eggs but they can't tell if the quality is right until they see how it fert and divides so it's one to ask them too. I think it will take a while missus until you can get over this but hopefully if you get answers it will give you abit of ease xx big hugs

https://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=41337

have a wee read through here

Well just to top of my luck. I called the Embryologist this morning an 9 of my 15 eggs matured and ivf was used. This morning when he arrived NONE have fertilised. To say I am devastated would be an understatement. In shock, I tried to get something/anything from him but he just kept saying its very rare and can't be explained. He said next time You use ICSI.
Next time... I've not got £4500 for a next time.
I've an emergency appointment with Dr McManus tomorrow but that's me done. Absolutely distraught beyond words.

Babiesrus.. I'm so gutted for you. I've been following this thread and those of you going through the mill with RFC. To go through all this emotional build up to then get more bad news..:( I'm so sorry. The RFC are a shameful bunch and should have taken better care. Was there an issue with DH sperm? If so they should have offered ICSI upfront! I know everything is raw now but when you see the consultant tomorrow argue your case and take it further to someone higher up if they've messed up. They can't be so dismissive of you..
Really hope you get something from tomorrow.. Even if its just answers.

No one can say much to make you feel better right now I'm sure but you'll get through this. The support on here alone- none of us know each other but were all each backing each other 100%

Take care x:hugs:

Babiesrus, I can't believe ur news, I'm absolutely gutted for u huni, I can't imagine how ur feeling. They must be able to give u some answers somehow, there must be tests they can do of something, and wifey is right, u should definitely be entitled to another course of treatment after all they have put u through. If ur eggs were mature and they thought dh's sample was good enough for them to use ivf rather than ICSI, it must be down to the fault of the lab. I really hope u are ok pet, I know nothing we can say tho will help. Fingers crossed u get some sort of explanation tomoro. Take care xo

Babiesrus I can't even imagine how you must feeling. I know words don't help, i just wanted to say its an absolute credit to you and your hubby for getting and facing a review tomoro. You've been through so much and deserved much better. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->