IVF/ICSI at RVH??? Cycle buddy OCT/NOV xx

Hi girls

it was confirmed im not pregnant :( feel like its never going to happen. has anyone on here ever tried orgin fertility clinic on the belmont road. im going to try there next time round i have an appointment on 29 september. think this is going to be are last attempt for a while as the funds are going low. just wish it would happen naturally xxxx

Hey Denise, sorry to hear this news, what have the royal said to you? Is their anything else different can be done? I've heard good reports about that gcrm Belfast. It's a new clinic with top consultants. They have one in Scotland I think too.. A girl on here has been to royal & gcrm.. Check it out.. Haven't heard anything about origin.. But I'm sure they have reviews etc if you try online..
Wish you all the luck in the world xxxx

Nette 20week scan was amazing, wee bubbles is growing perfect & plenty movement, we got 10 scan pictures, which are so clear :) totally amazing, so thankful for IVF mrs xxx
didn't want to know the gender so we never asked, how you keeping x

thats great news jackdoll. never in my wildest dreams imagined i would be at this point. little baby is growing loads and moving around even more.... its very surreal. i am keeping really well, a lot of back pain especially when i get up of seat or out of bed. but thankful for it all. i read other stories, and am still grateful that the annoying little things are to be cherished. have app with my own gp in a couple fo weeks for vaccinations, whoopin cough and flu, and i guess they will sign us up to antenatal... time is moving so fast. trying to live every moment as we just never know what the future holds or once baby is born, whether we will get the opportunity again. couldnt be happier!

Hi all

Happy halloween!

Denise, really sorry your RFC cycle didnt work. I really do hope you have a wee natural surprise. We did our first ICSI cycle at Origin and although it was BFN (I have v low fertility & only got 2 eggs that time), we were happy with the treatment & overall experience. Not so impressed with the consultants - but that has been our experience across the board. The only consultant that we found to be really supportive was Dr Agbaje and he is at Royal & now GCRM. He is fantastic. So maybe do look into GCRM Belfast. Ive been there for a test relating to my pregnancy & thought it was a lovely set up, but no experience of ivf there. After 3 mcs & 2 unsuccessul ivf / icsi cycles we did have a successful natural pregnancy. Against the odds! When I got bfp we were 3 days away from flying to London for first apt at London Lister - we could only afford one more too & wanted to go to a clinic with better results (esp for older women). We would only have had to go over for initial consultation & Egg removal/putting them back in - dr agbaje was going to do all the scans in belfast and send results over. He is also based at Medical Associates in case you want to reach him privately - although not sure he is still there now he is in GCRM Belfast.
With regards to acupuncture - where in NI are you? There is a good fertility acupuncturist in holywood & I also went to a chinese dr in Coleraine & saw a fetility / hypnobirthing / reflexology midwife in Strabane - had vg experiences with all 3. Anyway just wanted to say good luck what ever you decide & dont give up xx

Jackdoll & Nette - so thrilled to hear your pregnancies are going well xx

Amoeba & caldwl86, good luck with your cycles! xx

hi amoeba, I injected in the evenings, I was told it doesn't really matter as long as you stick to the same time for every injection, to be honest its just a rough guide but as long as its around the same time you will be fine.... these next few weeks will fly for you! they really will its scary how quick collection day comes. please keep us posted.

I was very sore towards the end, but in a way that's good, I got 12 eggs collected, so no wonder I had pain, even the fluid that came out was loads. I had dr agbaje, for collection, absolutely lovely man. and nurses fantastic. they beat the pain relief into me, and to be honest I felt the odd cramping, but my experience was not bad at all. emotionally it was worse, to think the things we have to put our bodies through.... but hopefully you will come out of it and say like I did.... " I would do that again right now if I had to!"..... rooting for you! try your best to be relaxed, take things easy and when in for collection get taking deep slow breaths to help relax ur insides. I am excited for you.... we are due another wee positive miracle on this thread... I have a good feeling for you!

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is alright and keeping warm and dry from this crap weather! Still on the spray and will be starting injections at the weekend. What times did yous do your injections at? Do you reckon at night time would be ok as I don't really wanna leave them in the fridge in work, or do you have tae start them in the morning?

Threebirds...I live in Ards area. How long into your cycle did you start the acupuncture and where do they stick the needles?....Sorry for the million questions!

Cheers x x x

Hiya,
Here's the website for acupuncturist, Liz, in Holywood: https://www.fertilityni.co.uk/

I saw her once or twice a cycle and found her great. Needles in various points - wrists, ear, head, stomach.
Also good advice in general.
I then changed to another acupuncturist, a chinese therapist, but that was because it was over an hr for me to drive to Holywood.

Good luck x

Hey girls, I've been off line! Couldn't get logged into baby&bump, I'm back...

How is everyone?? Threebirds I see you have had your beautiful bundle.. Early baby?? What is his name. I bet he's just a wee cutie xx

Nette how are you? How many weeks are you? Everything going ok xx

Amoe good luck in your cycle, how did injections go last night?

Hope everyone is doing well.xx

Hey that's normal for spray to come out, so don't panic.. How many days are you on injections? It will probably be last minute before you know your exact collection day. Hope everything goes to plan for you, IVF does work and make dreams come true, stay positive xxxx

I'm great, 29 weeks today. So excited, never thought I would ever have a bump :)

Any concerns /questions, feel free to ask mrs xxx

Hiya Jackdoll,

Aww it must feel amazing to have a wee bambino under yer bump after all this time. No wonder you're excited! So glad for ya chick ��. Got my first tracking scan the morra morning. Have a horrible feeling they're gonna see nowt cos I haven't felt anything in the old ovary region since Sunday. On injections for a total of 11 days and the 4 puffs a spray with them.

Thank you for chatting to me dude.

X x

Don't worry that's why they track you. My dosage got increased aswell because it was happening slow plus injections for an extra 2days! That's all normal they just want to make sure they grow to the right size for collection day. Good luck, not long now and you will be drug free :)

Hi amoeba,
I only got five eggs at my egg retrieval and had decided in my head then that it wasn't going to be a good result for me but I'm now 28 weeks pregnant, so try not to worry too much.
The egg retrieval itself is grand, I didn't really feel anything at the time of it, was a bit sore later but nothing that spending a few hours in bed didn't cure.
Good luck, hope it goes well for you xxx

Good luck for tomorrow, you will have a needle in your arm and get a dosage of pain relief, I had to get it topped up throughout the procedure plus you have gas & air. Your partner normally gets called first to do his sample then once he finishes yous will both be brought into EC room, your partner stays with you the whole time...
You are now drug free and have done everything you can so just relax tomorrow and stay stress free.. I took off work from EC day.

Make sure you give yourself plenty of time in the morning for traffic & parking, the time of EC is very important, we couldn't get a car park space & I was panicking..

All the best & remember it only takes one good quality of egg to make a baby xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->