IVF/ICSI August

hopes4ababy, let us know what the nurse says as I'm sure we'll do something like that too.

I was supposed to give myself an injection with hubby watching (he's done it the past few nights). I set it all up fine but I just couldn't bring myself to stab myself in the leg with it, what a wimp! I will do it if I have to but was surprised at how wimpy I was, ha ha!

Felt SO tired today but then I'm always tired Mondays and the week before AF always makes me feel like I've been whacked around the head with Timmy Mallet's mallet!

brumbar - thanks for that info, I'm hoping I'm just like you :)

hopesforababy - i don't think the first day is a big problem medswise, I had my 1st stimms at 10pm when I arrived in Istanbul but thet said I could have the 2nd injection while I was at the clinic the next morning at 10:30am as the first day doesn't really matter.make much difference. Ask anyway but i'm sure you'll be fine :hugs:

tinybutterfly - I think you start stimming day 2/3 on short protocol but on longer protocol you start after doc has decided that you have down regged ok - last time I started stimming on day 8 after my scan was ok.

TrixieLox - i am going the clinic everyday as I don't think i can inject myself without the autopen that i had in the UK. Also last cycle I had hystrionics when DH went away and I had to inject myself for the 1st time - i didn't flick the water vial and so when i made up the syringe it only had half the amount of liquid that it normally has and I couldn't work out why. So I decided to inject it anyway and then worked out why and panicked in case I had made tye dose too strong or something. I rang the out of hours number I had been given and could hardly talk to the nurse as i was whinging so much :rofl:

How's everyone doing?
I've had a little emo episode today so think drugs may be working :blush: Scan tomorrow!

hooray for emo episode then ey? hahaha

when is your OH flying in?
good luck with the scan!!!

ah good, day 3 it will be then for me (if bloods and scan are ok, keeping fingers crossed that they will be)

Tans, makes me feel better you're as whiny as I am about it ;-) Hubby was so cute, he just took the injection as I squealed and closed my eyes and said 'well, I'm just going to have to make sure I'm here for you every night to do it, aren't I'? But I hate being dependent so i'll try it again tomorrow.

I'm feeling a bit angsty but then i do anyway on Mondays so difficult to tell. plus am 'only' down regging, imagine the real emo episodes will start when I start stimming, especially with the truck loads of drugs they've put me on.

I'm trying to be positive but I really can't help but think it won't happen this round. It's just too big a wish to come true, surely? First round success with low follicle count and possible premature ovarian failure? Na!!!!!

Morning everyone, had my baseline scan yesterday and all switched off and ready to go :) start my stimulating injection today and cant wait, so excited :) 3 scans booked for next week, monday, wednesday and friday, should all be ticking along ok then collection on 17th cant believe after all the ups and downs and waiting were finally on the path :) xx

Hey ladies!

Well, I asked my clinic about my mishap with the stim meds, and they said it would be ok. Whew!! Still wondering what happened to the rest of the medicine in that vial because that stuff is expensive! But, they've already decreased my dose since my blood work yesterday went well, so I should have enough meds to last.

Tansey, you started stimming on Friday? When will your EC be? I started on Saturday and have EC tentatively scheduled for next Wednesday.

Good luck Kelflower with your stims today!! Fingers crossed for some good follie growth!!

Who else has started stimming??

I want to start stimming!! I'm still on DR at the moment and due for a scan next Tues. All being well will start the stimming with EC on 24/8 but it just feels like its all taking forever:growlmad::growlmad:

Good luck to everyone who is due their EC soon, exciting times ahead for all of us hopefully. Am loving the stories on here, keeps me smiling!

H xx

i'm still on hold too Helen!!! bloods and scan somewhere next week, not sure yet when

3 more pills, whiiii

ah good, day 3 it will be then for me (if bloods and scan are ok, keeping fingers crossed that they will be)

DH coming on Sat 7th - can't wait, i really miss him! :cry:

scan was ok but they upped my meds to 300 so some of the smaller ones can catch up. I start the other injection tomorrow to stop me oving - so two jabs a day now :( better be worth it this time!

Girls, can I ask: when you start stimming, is that counted as day 1 (so 14-15 days later, you have EC) or is the actual first day of AF day 1? In the info I have, it says EC starts on CD14-16ish... but I read on here you can never know when stimming starts so what if stimming starts on, like, CD10... surely EC isn't then 3-4 days later? (hope I'm making sense!).

^^ i just want you to know i'm not ignoring your question
i just don't know the answer... but i want to know.
on my protocol even EC isn't known from the beginning, they check how the
eggs are growing and when they say it's ok they give the trigger shot,
but it's not a set day.
i believe he said day 11 after starting the stimming but that's just a rough guideline, it's different for everyone

DH coming on Sat 7th - can't wait, i really miss him! :cry:

scan was ok but they upped my meds to 300 so some of the smaller ones can catch up. I start the other injection tomorrow to stop me oving - so two jabs a day now :( better be worth it this time!

oh saturday, i thought it was sooner, i can imagine you miss him,
as much as i like a day to myself, a whole long week is something else,
i'd have a hard time with it too, hope you can keep yourself busy so time flies by!

keeping fingers crossed for you!!!

Helen and TinyButterfly, I hope you'll be able to start stimming soon! I know how hard waiting is!

Tansey, hope your week flies by and that you don't miss DH too much! I can't imagine how hard that must be!

Trixie, I was asking my nurse about CD and that stuff, too. From what I gather, I don't think that CD matters in IVF as our bodies are so controlled and monitored during this process that things are just done when our bodies are ready. But, as far as calculating pregnancy, the nurse says that ER is counted as CD 14 (if your cycle is normally around 28 days), so your CD 1 is 14 days before ER. So, either 40 weeks from this CD 1 or 38 weeks from ER. I hope that helps and makes some kind of sense!!

Thanks girls. So basically, day 1 in the world of IVF is the day you start stimms and even then, things might change depending how you react? So with AF due Sat, I'll possibly start stimms 7 days later so ER 'could', in theory, be 11 or so days after that, so wb 23 August but you just never know.

Trix all's you need to know is that when you get your BFP you work out your due date from EC as that is classed as OV day :dust:

How are stims going for you Tansey? I'm really starting to feel my ovaries and my whole mid section is just feeling bloated. I've had two blood draws, but I'm ready for a scan to see what's going on in there! Hopefully Friday! Please be growing some good follicules with lots of good eggies in there!!

Trixie, hopefully you won't have to wait 7 days after AF to start stimming. My clinic always has stimming start on a Saturday, so no matter what day of the week AF comes, you can start stimming the next Saturday. (which is why cycle days get all messed up with the IVF!)

Anyone else getting baddddddd skin? And am only on down reg, bahhhh! Look like a leper!

How are stims going for you Tansey? I'm really starting to feel my ovaries and my whole mid section is just feeling bloated. I've had two blood draws, but I'm ready for a scan to see what's going on in there! Hopefully Friday! Please be growing some good follicules with lots of good eggies in there!!

I do have niggles and a little bit of bloating but nothing major. I am uncomfortable on my left side and hip and I think this is coz of the cyst i have. You might have lots of follies and that's why you're feeling loads! :dust:

Trixie, hopefully you won't have to wait 7 days after AF to start stimming. My clinic always has stimming start on a Saturday, so no matter what day of the week AF comes, you can start stimming the next Saturday. (which is why cycle days get all messed up with the IVF!)

i hope you don't have to wait that long either.

i just got off the phone with my fertility clinic...thought it was time to bombard them with questions hehe.
i sounded all confused (i hate making phonecalls, lots of nerves) but i got my info.

aparently, you call day 1, when your af starts and then they give you an apointment within 3 days,
so you also start stimming within 3 days, and the day you start the stimming is counted as CD1.
talk about confusing

Had my 2nd scan today (after 6shots). The scan is painful on my left and he had to press down a bit to see the ovary clearly. Left has one follie at 11mm and 1 at 8mm so he upped my dose to 375. The right is ok with 4 or 5 at 13mm/14mm. My womb lining was only 6mm so he gave my tablets for that as well. I have to go back at 9.30am on sat for a scan so Mum will be on her flight home and DH will be waiting to fly over so going on my lonesome. then the next is on Tues. EC could be Thurs or Fri depending on scan on Tues. Hopefully not Fri 13th!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->