IVF/ICSI August

Been some exciting posts this afternoon. How did your call go LoobyLou?

Well done on the EC Tansey, 6 eggs is great. Hope they're all super quality!

Bless you Hopes, all those injections! The things we have to go through to get our babies.

Sounds like things are progressing with you BizyBee - hope your holiday was good.

NatP like you I didn't have any side effects but........good news from me! Blood tests came back fine so I can start stimming from tomorrow for 12 days :happydance::happydance:

:dust: to us all!

H xx

Aww good to know hun

How many days of down regging was you at when they decided for you to go on stimms

hope stimms work with no side effects too xxx

Ok after a big sleepand a meal I feel a bit better :)

natp18 - on my 1st cycle I D/R for 20days and started stims the next day after my baseline scan was all ok = thin lining and quiet ovaries. I had no side effects from what I remember.

helenttc - :yipee: for stimms, it gets exciting from here on!

MummyIwanabe - hiya :wave: As for the steroids I don't know whether it is a Turkey thing or because of my history but i'm glad i've got them :) How are you doing?

hopesforababy - good luck for tomorrow :dust:

BizyBee - that is a lot of follies hun, hope they are keeping an eye on you!

loobylou_01 - great that you will have EC soon - those smaller follies should defo grow in time - some of mine were 11mm and 2of them must have made it! Your poor DH having to go through SSR!

Trix - so glad AF turned up, I think most people's is late before IVF!

Tinybutterfly - how did your scan go?

Sorry for anyone i've missed but hope you are all ok

:hug:

Got the call from the dr today and my estrogen is now at 6200!! Good grief that's high! So tomorrow I have to start the blood thinner Lovenox (sp?) to prevent OHSS symptoms. And guess what? It's a freaking injection! Tomorrow was supossed to be my day off from shots! And depending on how I do at retrieval will determine how many days I have to be on the Lovenox shots. I'm really starting to look like a pin cushion!

Hope everyone is doing well!
oh god you poor thing, you deserved a day off from shots!

Well back from my final scan this morning I think. The nurse expects that we will go for EC on Thursday but they will be calling me at lunchtime to confirm once they have the blood results back. This morning there were 4 follies over 1.8 and another 8 above 1.2 so she said she expects that we will hopefully get about 9 eggs or thereabouts. So fingers crossed, waiting for the call for instruction for the trigger and what time etc, hubby will be going in with me for his ssr so all happening this week! exciting but scary! xx
omg yay, that's really close by, hooray!!!!

Tansey, i hope your eggos are all super quality!
hope you find out soon how they did.
why did they pack you exactly? i didn't know the egg retrieval was so..well..violent.
all i've read so far was to expect some spotting, nothing else.

BizyBee, that's looking gooooooood!!!!

Tiny, how did your scan go?

well, i didn't get a scan after all.
they just take bloods and check your levels, if they're low enough you can start stimming.
doc would call in the evening... but when i told him my AF has started saturday night he said
i didn't have to wait (they start stimming here in the first 3 days) and that a nurse here could already set the first shot.
so i agreed to that, that way i could see what i was supposed to do.
now 5 more days of stimming and then follow-up scan monday august 16.
then probably more stimming while i have scans more closely together.
i think i'll have retrieval the 21st

Had my 1st scan on monday since starting stimming only have one ovary and they said there were about 11 folicles is that good? they were between 9 and 10 mm in size!! again is that good? was a bit disappointed as they scan lady didnt eally say to much, back for a second scan tomorrow morning, so excited and nervous :)

Had my 1st scan on monday since starting stimming only have one ovary and they said there were about 11 folicles is that good? they were between 9 and 10 mm in size!! again is that good? was a bit disappointed as they scan lady didnt eally say to much, back for a second scan tomorrow morning, so excited and nervous :)

That is really good - i have two ovaries and only got 6 eggs!

Tansey, i hope your eggos are all super quality!
hope you find out soon how they did.
why did they pack you exactly? i didn't know the egg retrieval was so..well..violent.
all i've read so far was to expect some spotting, nothing else.

Tiny, how did your scan go?

well, i didn't get a scan after all.
they just take bloods and check your levels, if they're low enough you can start stimming.
doc would call in the evening... but when i told him my AF has started saturday night he said
i didn't have to wait (they start stimming here in the first 3 days) and that a nurse here could already set the first shot.
so i agreed to that, that way i could see what i was supposed to do.
now 5 more days of stimming and then follow-up scan monday august 16.
then probably more stimming while i have scans more closely together.
i think i'll have retrieval the 21st

I don't know why the packed me? Didn't have that in the UK. Both times there was a patch of blood on gown and I haven't had any spotting since. Just a bit tender and bloated :)

Glad you are stimming, it is the exciting bit! :dust:

I'm doing ok hun, just paid for my next treatment which is due to start at end of august! now 4.5K out of pocket again :( OUCH!

Glad to hear yours is going well so far :) xxx

Hi all!

Sorry, forgot that i hadn't updated on here! Yes egg collection definitely booked for Thursday at 9am! ARGH!!
Had full theatre instructions and due to take my trigger shot at 2130hrs! then all the stabbing is over for now! had to have my buserilin early tonight and no injections tomorrow!

Ben seems to be pretty chilled about the SSR at the minute, he's more worried about the overall outcome of the IVF as although we obviously desperately want them to find sperm, we will still be going ahead with the cycle if there is none. Suppose until it happens we don't know how it;ll be!

It looks like it's been a super busy day for lots of us on here, seems to all be happening! Will have a good catch up with bnb tomorrow, off to my bed now, two 5am starts and the 120 mile round trip twice in 2 days has about done me in! Sleep is much needed!

xxx

I'm back!

Tansey, they are def. keeping a close eye on me, as they expected I would respond well. They only have me on 75 units though, so I should be fine. So glad EC went well and you are feeling better.

Looby, good luck with EC!

Yomo, :hi:

Hopes, Yay for the trigger and EC! Hope the bloating goes down soon.

Helen, Yay for stimming!

NatP, Welcome and good luck!

Hi MummyIwanabe, sorry about the expense. Hope you can get started soon.

Kelflowerchic, that's a great number of follies!

Damn those hard asses! Just because work is their number one priority doesn't mean the rest of us don't have lives!! Good luck with getting around your sticky boss Trixie!

Oh, by the way, I loved the hissing at OHSS Tiny and Trix!

Tansey, good luck on retrieval tomorrow!! You'll do great!

Got the call from the dr today and my estrogen is now at 6200!! Good grief that's high! So tomorrow I have to start the blood thinner Lovenox (sp?) to prevent OHSS symptoms. And guess what? It's a freaking injection! Tomorrow was supossed to be my day off from shots! And depending on how I do at retrieval will determine how many days I have to be on the Lovenox shots. I'm really starting to look like a pin cushion!

Hey hopes, i triggered with estrogen 9200 (mine shot up from 4000 to 8000 in between scans ), but follicles needed an extra day. I wasn't given heparin, but told to"coast" - i.e not take my stims that evening, to ensure my estrogen stays below 10000. So, i triggered with lower dose hcg (5000 instead of 10000) on the next day. EC went fine, i had some minor discomfort for 3days. I was told to drink lots of water and keep up with the protein. Fingers x-ed all is fine!

Way to go Tiny! Yeah on starting stims!

Good luck Helen on your start of stims, too!

Kelflower, 11 on one ovary is really good! Way to go!

Going to call it an early night tonight because I have to be at the hospital at 6 am for EC tomorrow. Will send out an update after I get home and get back to my senses after the anesthesia! Come on good strong eggies! Fertilize well!

Thanks Brumar! I guess we were posting at the same time. Have you heard anything about high estrogen levels causing poor quality eggs? That damn google can get me in a tizzy!

Well off to the clinic in a couple of hours and praying the ICSI worked coz that is what they do here even though they all fertilised with ivf last time. Second prayer is for quality! :dust:

i' haven't seen anything hopes, and i don't believe it gives you bad eggs. fingers x-ed for a good crop!

Thinking of you Tans!!!

I have my pre-stimms scan on Monday then they'll be calling me to let me know when I can start stimms. How long after the scan did you guys start stimms, and for those who have EC booked, how many days were you stimming for?

Good thing is, the regular scans won't start till week after next which means I don't have to get out of training.

We got 12 eggs! Won't know how many were mature and how many fertilized until tomorrow, but I guess that 12 is a decent number.

Tansey, I hope you get good news from the clinic.

Congrats on getting your first scan Trixie!

any news Tansey????

I have my pre-stimms scan on Monday then they'll be calling me to let me know when I can start stimms. How long after the scan did you guys start stimms, and for those who have EC booked, how many days were you stimming for?

Good thing is, the regular scans won't start till week after next which means I don't have to get out of training.
^^ i'd like to know that too.

and that's great news 'bout the regular scans!!! you don't need a bunch of excuses then!

We got 12 eggs! Won't know how many were mature and how many fertilized until tomorrow, but I guess that 12 is a decent number.
12 is a decent number, i'd be happy with that too...
in the end...it only takes 1

afm... i have a MONSTER headache and i'm only on a low dose of gonal-f (150).
at least i know it's working i guess haha

Had my second scan today, 10 confirmed follicles :) only there not as big as they should be :( so my stim meds have been up from 450 to 600 and another scan booked for friday, we should hopefully be given an egg collection day then :) come follies grow grow grow.
Lots of news from everyone, its all getting exciting, good luck to you all :) xxx

*Sorry if you've seen this in another thread!

Hi girls! I just received the results of my bloods and scan. My estradiol is up to 718. I have lots of small follicles but some have become dominant. I have 3 follies on my left (11mm) and 6 follies on my right (3 that are 11mm and 3 that are 13mm). So far everything looks good. The Dr. is pleased with that and told me to continue the same dose of Gonal F (75 units). I am glad I'm responding well but don't have side effects! Today was the first time I could feel my ovaries a little though. I have another scan/blood test on Friday. They think I may be looking at EC by the end of next week! :happydance:

Tans, FX for a good fertilization report.
Trix, I started stimming 3 days after my scan. Good thing you don't have to get out of training.
Hopes, 12 is a great number. Hope you get a fab fertilization report.
Tiny, sorry about the headache hun.
Kel, yay for 10 follies. Hope they keep growing!
Brum, how are you?

Hi everyone else! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"