IVF/ICSI August

Way to go Tansey! Fingers crossed for those two to snuggle in!

Looby, way to go, and yeah on getting to go to blast!

Bizy, yeah for EC on Monday! Good luck!!

Tiny and Trixie, hope both of your scans go well!

Mummy, I hope you feel better and that your weekend at work goes by quickly! Sorry that you have to work on the weekend!

I talked to my doctor today and he said that we would probably go to a 5 day transfer with no questions if this was my first cycle, but since I have history of poor quality, we are doing 3 day. But, if the embies are doing just fabulous tomorrow, then we will wait for Monday. Also, if I do a three day transfer, he will transfer 3. We'll do 2 if we go to blast. So hopefully we have 7 super looking embies tomorrow and we can go to 5 day!

Hi everyone :hi:

Sorry I haven't been around for a few days but looked like I missed quite a lot!

Well done Tansey, that's great news and I'm loving the PUPO - PMA!!

Looby and Hopes sounds like its all going well, really pleased for you and Bizy best of luck for Monday O:)

Hope everyone else is okay. I'm still on with the stimming, next scan Wed.

H xx

BizzyBee, good luck for Monday and what a great result in terms of follies!!!

Hopesforababy, looking close for you too. At Care, where I'm at, they only do 2-day transfers (well, that's what my nurse says).

Have a blinding headache that's woken me up early, not sure if it's the down regging. Hubby's making me brekkie in bed and we're gonna watch Smallville on my MacBook while we eat!

What's everyone up to this weekend? I have a BBQ to go to but it's pouring with rain here. Bloody British summers! Planning to do some work on my book too, a gothic romance! Tis very creepy so weather suits it I guess.

hopes, any news yet????

trixie, weather here is ok atm, but we have bbq tomorrow (well.. HAD) and by then we're having
the british weather coming over...so instead we're having cheese and wine evening haha.

other than that, have to set up a bed and decorate my ironing room, turn it into a
bedroom for when my baby cousin comes next weekend.

i'm not feeling much and i'm starting to worry the stimming isn't working.
why am i not emotional? why am i not in pain? ppl said it would be horrible
yet i feel perfectly fine

tinybutterfly, if you search online, many people don't feel many side effects with stimming so don't worry, feel lucky. I'll be on a very high dosage so been told I WILL feel it but hope not!

So I just got a very good call from the lab!!! I have 5 eight cell embies and 3 six cell embies! Yes, that is 8! One of the others that didn't fertilize right away has now fertilized! So, we are going to day 5! I am thrilled!! My eight cell embies are graded as "good" and the other three are "average." So not the absolute best, but not the worst either. But now is the true test as the embies live off the egg's nutrients for the first three days. Now, the sperm's part kicks in and the embie has to start living on it's own. Be strong little embies and grow well!

Trixie, we also have a bbq/birthday party this afternoon. But here in Texas, we are dying for rain and suffering in 105 heat. I think the heat index the next few days is expected to be over 110! It's been over 100 for like 15 days now. What a whip!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Helen, hope your scan goes well on Wed.

Tiny, don't worry hun. I had no side effects either and it definitely worked.

Trix, sorry about the headache. Hope you enjoyed your breakfast and you don't get rained on at your BBQ.

Hopes, that's fantastic news! So thrilled you are going to day 5!

Tans, hope you are well!

I have a BBQ to go to also. I told OH that we absolutely have to be home by 10pm because that's when I take the trigger shot. I feel slightly different today. My ovaries feel a little heavy. I guess that's because they are ready to pop! Other than that, still feel pretty good.

Quick question,

Did you bring your husband's sample to the Dr. on the day of the egg collection or did he have to do it there? I asked the nurse yesterday if we could bring it and she said yes, as long as it's in a sterile cup. I forgot to mention that I live an hour from the clinic so I'm worried the sperm won't last as long as they'll need to.

^^ over here, an hour is the absolute maximum.
between being produced and handed over to somebody at the clinic, there can only be 1 hour tops.
my OH isn't looking forward to producing his sample there LOL
but i told him it's the only thing he has to do in this whole IVF thing, so he might as well
do the best he can to deliver a very fresh sample.

hopes, that's awesome news!!!!!!! can't wait for the next step to come for you

How's everyone doing? :dust:

Someone posted this on another thread and I though we would all be needing it soon. We'll also have to start off a list of all out test days!

This is what happens in a 5dt:

0dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
1dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
2dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
3dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
4dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
5dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
6dpt...Placenta cells begin to secrete HCG in the blood
7dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
8dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
9dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

this is what happens in a 3dt :

1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst (this is me today hopefully)
3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5dpt.. Implantation begins as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secrete HCG in the blood
9dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
10dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

Just had our call from the clinic and so far all 6 are still developing and all are between 6-8 cells so going for transfer on Tuesday at 1130am. The doctor didn't have a great deal to tell me as she said that they didn't like to disturb them so only had a very quick look, so got fingers crossed they will all continue to behave.

Great news, hopes!
Best wishes to all xx

That's great news Looby!

Yes Tansey we'll have to get a list of all our testing dates. I'm a little behind you guys, don't think I'll be testing until 7 September but will know more a little later this week.

H xx

^^ i'll be testing later bc i'm on holiday untill the 9th

i'm all for a list which states who's stimming, when EC and ET will happen etc
bc it is idd hard to keep up, i try my best but still...

Just had our call from the clinic and so far all 6 are still developing and all are between 6-8 cells so going for transfer on Tuesday at 1130am. The doctor didn't have a great deal to tell me as she said that they didn't like to disturb them so only had a very quick look, so got fingers crossed they will all continue to behave.

Great news, hopes!
Best wishes to all xx
wow awesome result!!!!
how many will they put back?

Awesome news Looby!

Thanks for the info Tans.

I'd love to have testing info too, as it is hard to keep up.

Tinybutterfly - We get one put back as this is our first go and is an NHS funded cycle, but maybe there will be some that we can freeze. trying not to get my hopes up!

yes it's hard to keep up with everyone a list sounds good!

Is EC tomorrow Bizy? Good luck!

xxx

Yes, EC is tomorrow morning! I am excited and a little nervous. I'm afraid I will ovulate before I get there! :dohh:

I am praying for lots of eggs so we have 2 blasties to put back later in the week.

Good luck tomorrow BB!

Looby great that you go to blasto!

Will start a list tomorrow :)

Where we are upto list - I think :wacko:

Tansey - testing 25th Aug
hopesforababy - ET 16th Aug
loobylou_01 - ET 17th Aug
BizyBee - EC 16th Aug
helenttc - stimming
tinybutterfly - stimming
TrixieLox - Baseline scan 16th Aug

If I haven't put you here please forgive me and remind me and tell me where you are up to - it's late in Turkey and I have preggo brain :blush:
Also if I've read it wrong just tell me and i'll update :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->