IVF/ICSI August

Hello lovely ladies

Well I am not sure how I feel about my scan . So this was my 1st stimm scan after being on menupor for 7 days...Doctor said follicles were all tiny but there were lots on both sides of the ovaries. They took some blood to see what's going on and are going to call me back before 4pm today, to let me know wether to up the dose of stimms. I am currently on 2 vials of menupor which is a small amount,doctor seems to think that maybe adding another vial may increase growth!!! I have to go for another follicle scan on Friday and now he thinks ec will be Wednesday instead of Monday as they originally thought. Did anyone else experience a similar situation where their eggs grew with a upped dose part way through. I also thought 7 days of stimm was a little to soon to establish how many follicles etc....or is this normal too.
I also discussed my preference for general over sedation, I think I made a fool of myself because I started to well up in my eyes and got the dreaded lump in my throat....but I told them I was scared of sedation due to past experiences...they said they would try and do general if there was a theatre and some one could administer it available.
So today didn't go to plan as I am still non the wiser about how many follicles are there . Roll on Friday, hope they hurry up and call me to let me know my blood results

Hope your all well
Hugs
Nat x

Nat on my 1st cycle I stimmed for 7days and they checked the follies and there were 11 but obviously not big enough yet, they kept dose the same and i only ended up with 5 embryos. 2nd cycle I was monitored every few days and my dose was upped and upped but I only stimmed for 9days and only ended up with 2 embryos.
So you can get your dose upped and they can catch up so don't worry about that. You can also stimm for longer than most people if necessary BUT the most important thing is you must feel that you are informed and understand what is going on AND you must make your feelings know -such as your sedation worry :hugs:

i got back a while ago but fell asleep in the couch the minute i laid down hehe.

we have one perfect 8cell embryo transferred, doc said it was textbook material hehe.
and we have 7 (omg!!!) other perfect ones for the freezer... wow... i never expected that,
especially bc they are sooooooooo strict when it comes to freezing.

PS. Can one follie produce more then 1 egg (ha ha, sound so dim, I 'm not good with science!)

i asked that, he said no, normally not (there's always the odd one out but very very very very rare).
he explained that what i saw was either 1) two follicle fluid clouds merged into one, or 2) the other dot was a particle of something else but not an eggo

That's fantastic news Tiny, go embies go! Got everything crossed for you now :dust:

Natp - I was on 3 Menopur but I don't know how it all works and can't really advise you as this is my first cycle. What Tansey says makes sense though.

H xx

i got back a while ago but fell asleep in the couch the minute i laid down hehe.

we have one perfect 8cell embryo transferred, doc said it was textbook material hehe.
and we have 7 (omg!!!) other perfect ones for the freezer... wow... i never expected that,
especially bc they are sooooooooo strict when it comes to freezing.

Fab news Hun x

nat, some need less days, some need more... day 7 is good to have an idea of how your body is responding
and then they adjust meds accordingly.
i got my scan at day 7 too, then doc saw i had decent sized ones on one side and
smaller ones on the other side, so then he upped my dose to make the others grow,
then two days later switched me to menopur to let all eggs ripen more.

my EC was later than initially thought too, he had said friday/saturday, but it turned out to be sunday instead.

don't worry and have faith in your doc, he's handling based on experience, he knows how
a body usually reacts to the meds, so it's all in your best interest! if your eggs need more
time to grow, then so be it... do you normally have a late ovulation?
don't know if it has to do with it but my EC was very much the day i would have normally O'd on my own

NatP, my dr said they know best by the second or third scan so hold tight till then and the drugs can make your follies grow loads in just 2 days.

Yay tiny!!!!!!

Tansey :hugs:

Nat, hoping for lots of growth before your next scan (they do grow a lot in a short period of time).

Tiny, congrats on being PUPO. Hope your "perfect" embie settles right in! Fab news about the frosties.

Tansey:hugs::hugs:

Nat and Trix, hope you ladies continue to have some growth with those follies!

Yeah, Tiny, on being PUPO!!

Helen, hope you are doing well.

Bizy, how are you feeling?

So, I had my beta this morning. It was 24, which is positive, but it's a little lower than they would have liked. I am now scared that this means something is wrong, but, I kinda have a feeling that I had late implantation. I had these sharp pains on Sunday, then the brown spotting last night and this morning. Would that make sense and be a good reason for the low beta? Please, little one, hang on tight!

I'm feeling good. No symptoms other than from the progesterone and estrace. I have a busy weekend coming, so glad I have a distraction.

I posted elsewhere, but congrats. I agree it sounds like late implantation.

Wow Hopes,are u saying u got a BFP or am I being dense?Congrats if so!

Gah,slept so bad last night, hope it doesn't affect growth of follies!

Tansey:hugs::hugs:

Nat and Trix, hope you ladies continue to have some growth with those follies!

Yeah, Tiny, on being PUPO!!

Helen, hope you are doing well.

Bizy, how are you feeling?

So, I had my beta this morning. It was 24, which is positive, but it's a little lower than they would have liked. I am now scared that this means something is wrong, but, I kinda have a feeling that I had late implantation. I had these sharp pains on Sunday, then the brown spotting last night and this morning. Would that make sense and be a good reason for the low beta? Please, little one, hang on tight!

Got my fingers crossed Hun
Keep us updated
Hugs
Nat x

Sorry did mean to update last night but was so tired.
The hospital called me back telling me to stay on my 2 vials of menupor and not to up dose. I asked why when Doctor said upping my dose will make my follies grow!
She said my bloods come back in correct range,they were looking at estrogen .... There range is between 1 and 5000 and my bloods read at 1200 so was within range.
Haven't got a clue about this test,has anyone else had it?
So I am hoping come tomorrow my follies have grown .
Thanks for all your advice ladys

Hugs
Nat x

Nat loads of ladies have the blood test to check levels and so it is right that you stay on the same amount if that what the blood test says until the next scan.

Hopes - :yipee: I'm over the moon for you really! You can have late implantation and when you think about it your OTD is actually quite early for IVF as it was the same day as me and I had EC before you. Is your BFP showing up on a test now?

Hopes that is great news! :happydance:

Even if it is low it wouldn't show unless it was positive. Keep relaxing and I'm sure things will be fine :)

I go for ET tomorrow and if my embies are as good as Tiny's (fingers crossed!) then because I'm under 35 (I'm 34 so only just!) and this is my first attempt they recommend I have one transferred but its up to me, I can have 2 if I want.

I can't decide because I would like to do it to increase my chances of getting pregnant and twins wouldn't be the end of the world but obviously there are more risks.

I know it will depend on the quality so it might be out of my hands but I need to have my decision ready just in case. What do you all think?

Thanks,
H xx

Helen it is a very personal choice.
I know the risks but to me the risks of having zero children is worse and I would have more than 2 put back if i could!
Your chance doesn't double with two though I think we were told 5% extra chance.
Where do you live - is this cycle on the NHS and have you got any more free goes?
I only had 1 free go and so now that I have to pay I want every chance possible.

Thanks for that Tansey. You make a good point there, yes this is funded by the NHS and I know I'm incredibly fortunate to be eligible for another two attempts after this.

I guess I was just thinking that I don't want to have to go through all this again, I think we'd all agree its an emotional rollercoaster, but I know there are women out there who would love to be in my position. I think I should probably go with just the one.

I guess I was also thinking that if we had twins then at least I would be guaranteed 2 children. I'm one of 4 and would love to have a big family. Life is hard sometimes isn't it, I was at a party with some social workers on Sat and one of them got a call to say a girl had had the baby and so they were sorting out getting it taken into care. It makes me so sad.

Thanks again,
H xx

Hopes - that all sounds very positive, congratulations!

Glad all is going well for you other girls too.

AFM - no spotting or bleeding so far, am now 9dp 5dt, getting cramping pains though and do feel like AF could arrive at any time so don't know what to think. Positivity is in short supply at the moment!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"