IVF/ICSI August

My blood HCG was less than 1 so defo BFN.

Good luck to the rest of you :dust:

Helen good luck with ET tomorrow (i would have two but it has to be your choice)

ohnoo Tans, i'm so sorry! i had high hopes for you!

helen, i'd go for two as well... if this one doesn't stick (but of course i'd be mooooore than happy if it does) then we are definatly getting 2 transferred each time after that,
i'd just looove twins

Sorry it hasn't worked for you Tans, gutted for you. Take care of yourself xx

Tans, so sorry. Xx

Helen, I'm putting back 2 (if I have 2!) and wud love to have twins! But you need to follow your instincts.

Another scan for me tomorrow. Thought I'd lost my appetite today but I just ate a choc chip shortbread so maybe not!

Tansey:hugs::hugs:

I'm so sorry that it didn't work for you hun. Thank you for your kind words and all of your support.

Ladies, it looks like it's about to get real busy in here! I am keeping fingers crossed for a lot of positive things to get here soon!

I have my second beta in the morning. I am scared to death. I had the brown spotting yesterday morning and then again this morning. I called the clinic again this morning because I'm just so worried, and she did not sound positive at all. And, she told me that it wasn't late implantation because that just doesn't happen. WTH? Why would one dr say it can happen and another say it can't??? I'm just praying that this little one holds on!

My blood HCG was less than 1 so defo BFN.

Good luck to the rest of you :dust:

Helen good luck with ET tomorrow (i would have two but it has to be your choice)

Hugs really sorry to hear that Hun xxx

Tans, so sorry. Xx

Helen, I'm putting back 2 (if I have 2!) and wud love to have twins! But you need to follow your instincts.

Another scan for me tomorrow. Thought I'd lost my appetite today but I just ate a choc chip shortbread so maybe not!

Good luck for your scan Hun, I am with you on having 2 put back
Xxx

Tansey:hugs::hugs:

I'm so sorry that it didn't work for you hun. Thank you for your kind words and all of your support.

Ladies, it looks like it's about to get real busy in here! I am keeping fingers crossed for a lot of positive things to get here soon!

I have my second beta in the morning. I am scared to death. I had the brown spotting yesterday morning and then again this morning. I called the clinic again this morning because I'm just so worried, and she did not sound positive at all. And, she told me that it wasn't late implantation because that just doesn't happen. WTH? Why would one dr say it can happen and another say it can't??? I'm just praying that this little one holds on!

Try not to worry, I would believe what the doctor told you over the nurse.
Good luck Hun
Xxxx

Hello lovely ladys

Hope your all well during this stressful time.

I am on my way in for my 2nd stimm scan now. Very nervous and I have a terrible feeling it's not gonna be good. I also have tummy ache and don't much feel like being scanned. Haven't got a clue what to ask today,do you think they ll be able to give me more info today in terms of quality,quality and size of follicles???
Some times I feel with medical staff they never give me the full picture.
Anyway just pulling into hospital so will update later

Hugs
Nat x

just ask what you want to know...
i don't know if there is a thing as "follicle quality" but they can definatly measure them,
tell you the sizes etc... i mean... i got two scan pictures from my second stimming scan hehe.

on the screen you'll see big blobs of black, organised as if they're a giant raspberry

no pictures of my troopers though, they don't want them to disturbed if it's not needed,
they already put them in the cathether etc in the lab, so by the time the doc comes to see me
there's no chance for us anymore to see them "life" hehe

I just had my scan Nat and asked to see a run-down of sizes and so on, and they showed me. Try not to worry petal, try to be positive. Hope it goes well.

Anyway, it went really well for me, follicles growing well and lining thicker then it ever has been so goes to prove these meds and IVF / ICSI is the way forward for me. I'm going in Monday for another scan then, depending on sizes, I'll be going in for EC Wedn or Fri.

Anyone got any advice? I'll be under conscious sedation, anyone else went in under this?

I'm feeling really good: positive, excited... and I have 2 weeks off work from this evening, hurrah! Plus am working on my novel and that's going well. Think it's good to have a distraction. x

I just had my scan Nat and asked to see a run-down of sizes and so on, and they showed me. Try not to worry petal, try to be positive. Hope it goes well.

Anyway, it went really well for me, follicles growing well and lining thicker then it ever has been so goes to prove these meds and IVF / ICSI is the way forward for me. I'm going in Monday for another scan then, depending on sizes, I'll be going in for EC Wedn or Fri.

Anyone got any advice? I'll be under conscious sedation, anyone else went in under this?

I'm feeling really good: positive, excited... and I have 2 weeks off work from this evening, hurrah! Plus am working on my novel and that's going well. Think it's good to have a distraction. x
Aw glad it went well Hun , thanks for message of encouragement/support.
Well it looks like we have similar scan days lol
So it's stimm day 9 and I had my 2nd scan . The follicles have grown since Wednesday the y said. They said I had 40 follicles all together ...the left had 16 and the right had 24. They were all tiny still with about 10 follicles being over 10m in size and the biggest being 14. So quality is there but size isn't though :(
I have been told to carry on stimms until Monday ,when they will scan and review growth. They seem to think egg collection will be Wednesday or Thursday. Just wondered how long you can be on stimms for before they stop.
So did they give you any idea of size and quanity?
It looks as though this weekend will drag until Monday.
Oh also met the anethatis who was lovely, I am being put to sleep through sedation now as they have stopped general all together,I feel more at ease after talking to the anethatis who was a lovely old man. Actually looking forward to it,he said he calls it happy juice the sedation because patient seem to love it lol....hope so
You got anything planned over your break?
Hugs
Nat x

Aw glad it went well Hun , thanks for message of encouragement/support.
Well it looks like we have similar scan days lol
So it's stimm day 9 and I had my 2nd scan . The follicles have grown since Wednesday the y said. They said I had 40 follicles all together ...the left had 16 and the right had 24. They were all tiny still with about 10 follicles being over 10m in size and the biggest being 14. So quanity is there but size isn't though :(
I have been told to carry on stimms until Monday ,when they will scan and review growth. They seem to think egg collection will be Wednesday or Thursday. Just wondered how long you can be on stimms for before they stop.
So did they give you any idea of size and quanity?
It looks as though this weekend will drag until Monday.
Oh also met the anethatis who was lovely, I am being put to sleep through sedation now as they have stopped general all together,I feel more at ease after talking to the anethatis who was a lovely old man. Actually looking forward to it,he said he calls it happy juice the sedation because patient seem to love it lol....hope so
You got anything planned over your break?
Hugs
Nat x

Sorry I meant quanity is there not quality lol

Hiya Nat, my follies were about the same size as yours and they seemed really happy but then I'm lucky to get follis of a decent sized full stop.

If they're saying you have EC next week then the follies must be growing fine. You usually have 3-4 scans before EC so looks good to me. Did they say your follies were small? They need to be about 18mm by your last scan so 14mm seems great to me - they grow at about 1.5 to 2mm a day so by next week, they'll be 18mm, even the small ones!

x

I'm so sorry that it was a BFN Tansey, my heart goes out to you. I hope you've got plenty of support around you. Go and neck yourself a couple of very large glasses of wine :hugs:

40 follicles Nat :shock: should be plenty of eggs for them to get too!

Hopes, hope you've had some more reassurance today.

Well I'm officially now PUPO! In the end I had one top quality embryo and one good embryo and the others were average. On the basis of the above they recommended that I took 2 on board so I've followed their advice. I didn't have any to freeze.

I feel a little gutted because I think the better the quality the better the chance of it working so I would have liked to have had more than one top quality but I'm still in with a chance so I just need to get some PMA going.

Hope everyone is okay.

H xx

Good luck for your 2ww Helen!

NAT and Trix - sounds like both your scans went well - you'll know on the next scan!

Hope everyone else is ok :dust:

how are we all doing???

today my blastie is supposed to hatch, so i hope it does

Hi All - Ia brand new to all of this . I dont even understand the terms you all are using . I live in Asia and I dont have big support system here ... all the help / support I can get on what to expect. I a on CD day 3 and will start meds on Sept 15. I am sooo scared .

Hi All - Ia brand new to all of this . I dont even understand the terms you all are using . I live in Asia and I dont have big support system here ... all the help / support I can get on what to expect. I a on CD day 3 and will start meds on Sept 15. I am sooo scared .

Welcome :wave:
You should Join the September thread as they will be at a similar stage to you. Just ask about anything you don't underdstand and the ladies will help you.

Hi Aliock! You'll find a lot of support on these boards! If you're starting meds in September, check out the September thread, click here as we're over a month ahead of you (but we can still be useful as you can keep an eye on this thread to see what to expect).

Good luck! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"