• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI August

NeyNey! Yay, great to see you and delighted to see you with a lovely round bump, you deserve it. Remind us of your journey again, you got pregnant on first round of IVF I see? x

Hey NeyNey, great to see your post and like the others say gives us hope :p

I didn't have the injection training yesterday, its now scheduled for 10 August but had an hour going through the process which makes it all a bit real.

Trix, really hope you get the go ahead for August. That must be so annoying :evil:

Am loving all the graphics on this site. Just about to go and do some :iron:

5 days to go til DR!

:dust: to us all.

H xx

Hi Ladies

Brief history ttc since 06, I have had x6 clomid x3 iui. I am 35 and DH is 28, low sperm and motility also I have very low AMH. Had IVF in June but got 32 eggs so could not have ET due to the risk of OHSS. 13 Fertlised and 4 went to blast stage and these 4 were frozen. Had appointed with consultant last week and she said the quality of the eggs that have been frozen are not that great. 1 grade 2cc and two grade 3 and 1 grade 4, have been told they will put two back but I have never heard of a grade 3 or 4 embryo put back? I have got a appointment on the 23rd July with the nurses to hopefully start the procedure for FET. Good luck to everyone looking forward to reading your post and watching the BFP come in x

i don't really know much about that grading system etc
but isn't a 4 really good? i thought 5 was the maximum score?

Hi TB

My hospital 1 is the best and 5 not being so good. I will ask some more questions when I go next week.

Thank you

Blue, I heated up my rear with a heating pad each night and just kind of wrapped a corner of the pad around the bottle of progesterone to warm it up. It will burn, but it definitely beats the alternative of the brusing and lumps you'll get if you don't warm it!

Tory, good luck with your FET. Try not to focus too much on the quality (which I should also remind myself) because we have no idea what "grade" we all were at that stage.

Hope everyone is doing well!

ladies each clinic has its own grading system - my last one had 1-6 with 1 being perfect which they hardly ever gave. i had a -3 and a 3+

Hey girls,

As I just posted, got latest results back from bloods. Test negative for HIV etc (phew) but FSH levels shot up to 12.1 IU/L. Have done a post about it. As I say there, in April, it was 6.4 and a year ago, 7.1 so what's going on? I only had 7 follies back in April too but they weren't too concerned as my FSH results were good.

O well, guess I'll wait to see what nurse says...

Hmm trixie, that's interesting. Hope the nurse can explain.

Great to see you Ney Ney. Love your bump! xx

I'm still waiting for :witch:!

Hi Lovely Ladys

I am starting my down reg on the 1st August.
This is my first cycle of ICSI on the NHS "liverpool womens hospital"
I have had 3 cycles of clomid but werent successful :(
My partner has low sperm count and morphology and I suffer from PCOS.

We have 3 Angels in Heaven,we recently lost our daughter in October 2009.Who was stillborn and died from a rare genetic syndrome.We have been told there is a chance that this syndrome could repeat in future pregnancys,which is hard as this syndrome is lethal with no survivals.

We concieved naturally with our first Angel ,but had a early loss.
Then last year we fell with twins,we lost Lillies twin at 8 weeks and lillie at birth in Oct 09.

We knew we wanted to try straight away,not to replace Lillie but to have a sibbling for her and a much wanted baby to be here with us.

My Doctor did some blood tests and basic fertility tests,then we found out it would be exstremely hard for us to concieve with my PCOS running riot and OH sperm not great!.......

Dec 2010....
Clomid.....was my hope,I had to loose 2 stone as I was over weight to get the drug...so off I went and lost 2 stone was prescribed it after getting my BMI of 41 to BMI of 35....3 cycles and it was clear it wasnt going to work.

Then Fertility Dr said our only hope was ICSI but again I needed to loose another 3 stone before they could treat me. So I got my BMI from 35 to 29 very recently.........

Since then its all moved very fast,from the point LWH recieved our referal from our local hospital to now has been 6 weeks............and the 1st Aug I start down regging arghhhh very nervous times and still very tough times as the loss of our daughter only seems like yesterday..

I am hoping that the 5 stone plus loss and the healthier OH and me will increase our chances,but I see this as a very long journey ahead of us.

20th July ...I go into clinic to pick medication up and for OH to learn how to inject me.......very nervous about that lol

Sorry to go on ,hope to see lots of BFP from you all soon

hugs
Nat xx

Oh Natp, you've been through so much. My heart breaks for you and I hope that your round of IVF gets you to a BFP and a healthy little baby. :hugs:

Had to do another hysterosonogram today. It hurt really bad.

I've had doctors elbow deep in my vagina for the past year. It's about damn time that they pull something out of there. A baby, a bag of money, keys to a new car, something!! I'm just saying.

hey ladies
i am first timer starting shorth protocol. due to start meds around 15ht Aug depending on when i ov the drugs are basically hrt which i take for 3 weeks. estimated ec week of 11th oct. anyone any ideas on timescale like when do i start injecting how many scans before ec etc- i asked the clinic but they said they can't tell until i get ov in aug and all the dates are worked worked from there- any other advice is welcome i.e whats all this about drinking milk?? I am trying to eat loads of fruit and veg etc but i hate the stuff and its hard. also i am about 2 stone overweight-most of it in my chest!! so i don't look overweight but i am - is it really bad if i don't lose it all before i start-the last thing i want to do is crash diet x

Your story is so sad natp, I really hope this works out for you. I don't know why this TTC journey is so hard.

It makes me so cross the way some people pop them out left, right and centre and some of us struggle so much but I would so love you to have a happy ending natp and a huge congratulations on the weight loss, that's amazing!!

I know what you mean hopesforababy. I've lost count of the people that have a good look inside me!!

NatP, such a sad story but lots of hope for the future.

hopesforababy, that's hilarious!

As for me, I have to wait till Monday for my nurse to discuss my higher FSH levels with the dr. Hope they pop me on short protocol and I can still have ER and EC in August... x

AF still hasn't shown, but I talked to the Dr. and I have an appointment tomorrow. :yipee: They'll check my blood work and look at my lining. If all goes well, they can start me soon. I was given a brief overview of my protocol. It should take about 6 weeks total. Can't wait to get started!

BCP - 2 weeks,
Lupron - 1 week,
Stims and Lupron - about 2 weeks,
HCG trigger shot, Retrieval, Transfer a few days later (anywhere from 3-5 days)

Thanks for all your lovely comments of support ladies,chucking bucket loads of baby dust your way xx

I have noticed alot of you keep refering to short or long protocol....what is this?

Thanks
Nat xx

Thanks for all your lovely comments of support ladies,chucking bucket loads of baby dust your way xx

I have noticed alot of you keep refering to short or long protocol....what is this?

Thanks
Nat xx

didn't know either ;)

google told me that short protocol is when they follow a normal cycle (more or less 4 weeks)
and long protocol is when they prolong it so one IVF trial takes about 6 weeks.

i guess it depends on your history (long natural cycles or not, etc) what they use, but i'm not sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->