• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI August

Hi Girls:flower:

Well AF arrived right on time, so I'm booked in for my first scan on Friday. If everythings happened that should have I'll be moving on the stimming that day. Guess it's really moving for me now - eekk!!

Hope everyone's doing well.:hugs:

Love and positivity (sp!) to all :hugs:

Exciting stuff!

I only have four pills left and then I pray AF comes on the right day!

Hello Dear Ladies. I'm joining Team August here since I've just started IVF cycle #2. I'm currently on the BCP and will be starting Lupron injections sometime late next week. The Dr. is trying out a longer protocol w/me this round in hopes of better results than the last one. Last time they were able to collect 12 eggs, 9 fertilized and they transferred 2 blasts back into me, though the rest did not make it to freeze. :dohh: Unfortunately, the results came back :bfn: on the beta but I had suspected that would be the case. :nope:

I certainly agree that too much of our time is wasted away in waiting and being consumed by this all but it's really tough to counter. I'm trying by working out again (which gives me some much needed endorphins after a bump in the road last cycle as well as gaining 5lbs from not having worked out that whole time and eating junk), having a glass of wine w/DH and trying to talk about it as well as making sure we bring other elements of our life back into the picture (painting, hanging out w/family/friends, cooking new recipes together, etc...). I wish you all as much peace as possible as well as a load of positive vibes.

Anywho, am feeling re-energized to make this happen this time around and am hoping to rejoice in seeing many of you get your deserved :bfp: this time around!

Hugs and love to all!:hugs:

Welcome Clussy. Sorry your first round didn't work, but glad to hear that you are back on track and staying positive. I think that August is going to be the month and that there are going to be a lot of babies born next May/June!!

I started DR with Lupron this morning. I stay on BCP until next Tuesday, then wait for AF to come. That's a great mystery to see when that old witch will show!! Ha! I'm hoping that I'll start stimming the first Saturday of August!! Not too much longer ladies!

Sorry I've been MIA! I have good news though. They changed my protocol slightly, so it doesn't conflict with the first few days of school (beginning of Sept.) I am thrilled! AF finally arrived a few days ago and I started taking the bcp. I already begin the Lupron on Wednesday! Then I have a scan the next week and if all looks good, I can start my stims soon after. The only issue is that I will be in Cape Cod that week so I had to find a hospital that could do my scan and send the results to my FS. I'm waiting to hear back about a possible baseline scan date of Aug. 2nd.

Hope all is well with you ladies. Looks like there's a lot of exciting stuff happening now! xx

Bizy that is great :thumbup: - working in a school myself i know your frustration and wanting it done before the new term.

Great news Bizy! And welcome Clussy!

So I had a pre-treatment scan yesterday (NB. am not on any meds yet) and it's not amazing news but it's not awful. It was a day 14 scan and they found one mature egg and 6 other follicles (I think). But womb lining was only 4-5mm thick which isn't brilliant and the egg was about 14-15mm which isn't great. And definitely all explains why I haven't been able to get pregnant. But the good news is, they're gonna pump me full of drugs (wooo!) so my body kicks into gear. I'm getting a call Monday to let me know if I start next week with meds for ER etc in late Aug or go onto September - depends on space in clinic.

Part of me wants to delay it by a month cos I'm not sure I feel physically ready. Have put on weight as have been voiding intense exercise but it's backfired. And not been sleeping well.

Anyway, big hugs to you all. xx

Welcome Clussy and great news BizyBee.

Sorry to hear your news Trix but as you say at least they can do something and at last you have answers.

I'm sat feeling sorry for myself as have really bad period pains even though there is no sign of the :witch: I think she is delayed due to the Synarel I'm taking.

Anyway on the positive side this WILL be the last period I have for many months :laugh2:

Getting ever closer Tansey......

H xx

Helen I too have AF pains and I'm not even supposed to get her for another 5-6 days after stopping the pill. I've had spotting nearly all month and AF pains on and off as well! It better all be worth it hey! :dust:

Just popping in to say Hi!

Hope everyone gets their AF on time so we can move on to the next step!! And I also tell myself every month, 'This is going to be my last period for a long time!' And this time, it's going to be the truth for all of us!!

Well I spent yesterday afternoon sorting DHs clothes and packing his case with him - and he's not evening going until the 7thAug! So I have to pack mine today and check the weight and get any bits I need. Mum and I are staying at the airport hotel on Thursday, night before our flight and so I only have a few days left!!!!

wow not long anymore now, how awesome! and don't forget to enjoy the sun!

i'm a bit worried, i have to take the pill now to put my cycle on non-active untill the clinic opens again.
but this morning i noticed lots of pinkish discharge, like the beginning of AF.
i hope it's just a day of this and that's it but... bah, i don't want this pill taking to have been for nothing.
i'm giving my gp a call this evening (if i call her now her hubby will pick up, he's a doc too but yeah well... it's different hehe)

Have you started the pill already or are you about to?
It's just that I have had loads of spotting/small bleeds on the pill - it's called break through bleeding.

i started the pill when i had my period early july,
the clinic closes for 3 weeks and just then i would have had my fertile window
so he gave me the pill so i could start right when they open again, otherwise i had to wait
'till september.

i hope it's just breakthrough bleeding idd, and not my body forcing an AF on me,
google told me it can happen if you take several strips after one another and i'm on my 2nd now,
would be such a typical thing for my body to do.

but it's a common thing to have when on the pill then aparently?
wouldn't know, never taken it, i always just had the implant

Hey Tansey! Not long now girl!
P.s. Sniffarel (synarel ) and suprecur both can delay Af (in my case 2 days)
Fingers x-ed for a BFP-full August thread!

How exciting Tansey!! Have a wonderful trip to Turkey, and I hope you will still get to keep us all updated on how you're doing!

I took my last BCP this morning. Keeping on the Lupron for now. I started BCP on day two of my cycle, so I'm wondering when AF will come. Anyone have any experience with this? Does AF usually show quickly after stopping BCP? Or will she come around the regular 28 day mark?

Hope everyone is doing well!

How exciting Tansey!! Have a wonderful trip to Turkey, and I hope you will still get to keep us all updated on how you're doing!

I took my last BCP this morning. Keeping on the Lupron for now. I started BCP on day two of my cycle, so I'm wondering when AF will come. Anyone have any experience with this? Does AF usually show quickly after stopping BCP? Or will she come around the regular 28 day mark?

Hope everyone is doing well!

I took my last BCP this morning too! I was told to expect AF 3-4 days later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->