• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI August

BizyBee, my protocol is pretty much just like yours. Except that I will only stim for 9-11 days (10 days on both of my last cycles). But I have no idea if this is considered long or short protocol. (In my mind I call it the eternally long cycle)

Oh, and I'm guessing that you'll have to wait to have a "Lupron period" before you can start stims? I don't know how many of you this has happened to, but that Lupron period always seems to be late. I wasn't on the birth control pills the first two cycles because my cycle had always been regular, but we're on the pill this time as it has gotten jacked up. I'm wondering if being on the pill will help the Lupron period be on time. Anyone experience something like this?

If you have a suppression from cd21 - af then stim - this is long protocol.

If you just start stims after af - this is short protocol.

The decision on which protocol to follow is based on many different factors, age, ovarian reserve, cycle types, history, preferred protocol of docs etc etc...

hopesforbaby - my af after lupron was "late" but not late for when my af normally comes - it depends which day you ovulated.

I think they must do it differently over here in the UK. They didn't ask what day of my cycle I would be when they booked me in for my start date.

I have to use a nasal spray for about 3.5 weeks before going on to injections. The whole cycle will take about 7 weeks so I guess that would be classed as a long protocol?

Anyway I started my nasal spray this morning so I am now officially on my IVF journey. Wish me luck!!!

H xx

Hey Helen - that makes two of us started now! Do you feel good for starting? I'm really happy to have started but I still want things to be quicker! Patience is not my strong point!

I think each clinic is different, I started injections on day 21 and my whole process will be about 5 weeks. I'm classed as long protocal.

Hi everyone

at the start of first ICSI/IVF due to male factor. Starting stimms in August. ET around sept 1st/2nd (prediction.) Am feeling really nervous. I am positive cos have to be otherwise what would be the point....but also afraid of the unknown. Just want to get it over and done with. Sorry to those of you...it hasn't worked for the first/second round. Success does seem to come in the end....thats my hope anyway. I am trying to be realistic - I know it may not work....but I will be a mummy....even if I have to adopt nin the end...so hopefully this thinking will get me through.

What is everyone else doing to prepare/relax and de-stress?

Hi Inky. The first thing I'm trying to do is be as positive as humanly possible. So rather then thinking 'o well, if it doesn't work I can adopt', I'm thinking 'it will work'. I started a thread on positive thinking (click here) and it seems to be helping people so check it out.

I also recommend acupuncture for relaxation. And have a go at meditation and yoga. And trying to have fun, you know? getting on with normal life, having picnics, arranging outings - kinda spoiling yourself and making sure you and hubby have happy times together. And focusing on another project can help (so i write and that helps).

Hi TrixieLox

I will check your positive thinking thread out. I am actually doing alot of what you are doing as well. I am enjoying life and have been having accupuncture. We also do lots of good things together. I think I do have bad days and sometimes it just makes me feel better knowing that I could adopt - because I do not see adoption as negative. Infact, even if the ICSI works I may adopt another child. I think it is a gift to give a child a loving/supportive home who otherwise would not have one. I admit that I will do everything possible to have my own child first. I think its great that you are all helping other people remain positive. We need people like you...so thank you.

Hi Springflower,

Yes I'm glad to have started and although it was 4 weeks ago that we got the start date and that has flown by, I'm still thinking the next 7 weeks are going to drag :shrug:

Just going to do as much as I can to keep myself busy! Another dose of the nasal spray in an hour and 15.....

H xx

Welcome Helen! I have never heard of the nasal spray. What does that do?

Welcome to Inky, too! I have found Trixie's thread to be very helpful, so definitely look at that. Knowing that someone else is also having a hard time but keeping positive reminds me that I can, too.

I start DR on Thursday, so it's getting close! Hope everyone is getting geared up for starting!

nasal spray is to shut the system down before stimulation (assuming they use the spray for the same reasons in other countries hehe)

don't know what it all depends on what they prescribe you,
i just have the pill now, then will have to take gonal-F, the HCG trigger shot and that's it (probably something to stick too but he hasn't mentionned that yet)

It's great that some of us have started and as you can see we are all on different protocols and drug regimes but it doesn't matter as we can all support each other. Some of us have been through this before so if you have questions ask rather than worry yourself - try to stay positive and calm :)

i went through some forms we'll have to fill out before they do the pick-up.

we have to decide what to do with the other embryo's.
so for our further trials (if needed) we're going to say "freeze them"
but after we have our baby, what to do with the rest?
options are
- donating to science
- donating to another couple (anonymously)
- termination

OH's first respons (before even knowing the options) was to donate them to
another couple who couldn't have kids....
wow...didn't expect that answer, i'm amazed that he could do it bc i doubt i could.

what are you girls doing ???

We really struggled with what to do with any frozen embies on our first round. They also had us sign forms for what we would do with them if we got divorced or died. Really didn't expect that! But we ended up signing the forms that we would donate our embryos to another couple.

Another thing that we didn't realize is that it is very rare to have embryos frozen. (at least with our clinic, because of the very strict criteria for freezing). I was struggling with the decision of what to do with them because I just expected to have just a ton of embies left over. But I had none. I don't know if it's because of what we see on tv or how the media portrays IVF, but the general population is led to believe that IVF always works and that people are left with a ton of frozen embies. Now, that's not to say that any of you ladies won't have any to freeze, because I hope that you do. But I was caught off guard and I would have liked to have known that before hand.

I thought that too and would like to have known that before hand. I felt like a complete failure when I was told i had no frozen embies. It only materialised after I got upset that 1 in 5 get the chance to freeze them so I didn't feel so bad in the end but pre warning people on this type of thing does help avoid unnecessary upset i think.

thanks for the warning ladies

i know i will probably not have alot of frozen babies in the end but just in case...
our clinic seems to be doing extremely well with cryo's

Our clinic told us that the chances of freezing embryos is really low.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they're wishing their life away? I'm counting down to our next appointment and I worry that I'm look back in a few years time and regret that I wasted my 'youth' (I'm 34!) spending my whole time worrying about trying to get pregnant. Before I went on to IVF I was constantly counting down to ovulation and then to when my period was due. Its just so frustrating. I'm in a loving relationship and I've not got any money worries this should be the best time of my life but I'm constantly clock watching!!!

H xx

Hi Helen. Yeah, now what you mean, it's so difficult, I feel like I live my life from one TTC milestone to the next. It's SO annoying!

Anyway, my news is that dr wants me to have another ultrasound later this week after the below average FSH result. I'm a bit concerned - if they find a low number of follies, will IVF be abandoned until they scan me and find more? O well, I guess I have to wait and see...

Don't really know what to advise you TrixieLox as I don't know enough about it but wishing you lots of luck.

H xx

I thought I would keep the frozen ones (like you say assuming I would have any) for future siblings. At this point I do have frozen ones - but only because I didn't get to do a fresh transfer. If I did have a fresh one today - I would have possibly had 1 or none to freeze.

:hugs:

Good luck with the scan Trixie. I hope everything turns out ok.

Helen, I also feel like I'm wasting my life during this whole process. I also don't feel like a "grown up" (I'm 30). It's like my life has stopped and I'm not really living. We really tried to get away from that mentality during June as we went on a couple of weekend trips and then to the Carribean for my birthday. But when we would be at the beach or do something fun, we would always say to each other, "Oh, we'll definitely have to bring our kids here." or "Man, wouldn't this be so fun to be doing this with our kids." I really feel like I'm in limbo and ready to just get on with it!

But we are going to get there ladies! Just a little detour, and one that will make us all better mommies for it in the long run (although I really don't like to run and would rather just be on a short walk!! Ha Ha!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->