IVF/ICSI/FET Cycle Starting November... Anyone else? - 4 BFN, 6 BFP, 1 angel!

NVR - Always happy to have new followers. My hubby says I think too much about everything, but I like to understand things and make sense of this whole TTC thing. Im getting there!!

hi Megg! Good to see you!

I am on a short protocol. My dr is worried about over-supressing me, so my plan is very simple: no BCPs, just starting 150 iu of Gonal-f and 150 iu of Menopur on CD3.

Anyone else on short protocol?

Hi Never2late- I am on the oct thread but was stalking the nov thread and saw ur post. I was on a short protocol as my E2 levels were sufficiently low and the doc did not feel the need to supress me. Since both my FSH and AMH levels are great all this meant I was likely to respond well to meds and the doc spared me the extra lupron injections. I did respond well to meds- got 23 follies, 19 were over 16 mm at the time of EC. Collected 18 eggs, 15 fertilized. Got 3 grade As transferred on day 3, put the rest into blast mode. Got 2 Grade A blastocycts got that transferred on day 5. AM now in the 2ww to see whether it works. I have seen short protocol work very well infact sometimes better than Long protocol in terms of response. Another girl wrighty on oct thread got 35 follies and 24 embies from short protocol.SO- all the best.:hugs:

Thanks so much for that -- very inspiring!
Can you tell me what drugs you used and the dosage? I am 41, and from what I've read, older women respond better to lower doses. My doc has reduced my dosage from the last go-round, but I'm concerned they're still a bit high (150 iu Gonal-f and 150 iu of Menopur).

And, did they do 2 transfers - you said day 3 and day 5. I have never heard of 2 transfers before!

thanks!!!

Hey- I am 34, but its a misconception that short protocol works for older women. It can work equally well for younger women just that docs dont try it. If u PM me ur email address i wud like to forward u an article on short protocol. The reason why I did short protocol was because I was not looking for any frozen embies as I was diagnosed with endo. Wont bore u with the details but the doc was expecting 6-7 embies but I got 15 which was a bonus. That is why she decided to do whats called a sequential transfer ie transfer on day 3 and then take the rest to blast stage and if u get something transfer that as well. It gives me the advantage of both day 3 and day 5 transfers. The downside- mostly no frozen embies. So its a gamble I am based in India and here all treatments are private. So the doc usually transfer atleast 3 embies and in case of multiples reduce the extras by week 8.

I was on 300 mg of HMG (didnt used Gonal F) and was on a med called cetrotide to stop spontaneous Ovulation. You can PM me in case u have any questions. Has the doc checked ur E2 levels and FSH and AMH?

Hi Girls, Just checking in before bed...

Hope you are all well. Looks like AF is arriving early for me, so DR could be starting as early as 7th Nov!

Hope you all had a good weekend. x

Lucky you Teapot! Right now I am waiting for ov - so that I can start to DR - and there is not even the slightest sign that ov is going to happen... ugh.

Good deal, teapot! :thumbup:

Oh no, Blue! So, could be longer than 8 days still? :( That sucks that you're stuck waiting! I understand the feeling! :hugs:

Lucky you Teapot! Right now I am waiting for ov - so that I can start to DR - and there is not even the slightest sign that ov is going to happen... ugh.

Im at that stage too! Its cd13 for me today and I usually ov any day from cd16 (thurs) to cd24. Im hoping its sooner than later as I have to have a scan to check where I am in my cycle before starting DR since im irregular. I have an appointment next wed which will be cd22 and I hope my body plays ball and gets its butt in gear to have o'd prior to that to save me an extra 2hr round trip to have another scan! :happydance:

Blue, I hope you don't mind if I ask you 2 questions: where in Ontario are you, and how old are you? I ask the second question because you have been TTC for quite a long time and I am 41, looking for fellow "oldies" :))

Hi Ladies

It looks like there are quite a few of us nearing the DR stage, I am on CD6 and I always O on day 11. I need to start my meds 8 days after O so I really am starting to get excited. I am sure people outside of LTTTC would think I am crazy about being excited about taking strong meds that come with loads of side effects but hey there it is. I know that this path will give me the greatest possibility of a BFP so I am ready for anything that can make that happen. Bring it on.

Hang in there Blue you will be DR before you know it:hugs:

Hi everyone,

I find it really baffling how everyone else's IVF treatment differs from mine! For mine they start you at any day in your cycle and you start with nasal spray for 3 weeks before injections. Whole process from start until test date is about 7 weeks but I don't have to take BCP or wait for AF or anything.

Anyway I'm off on the journey again tomorrow and as it happens AF showed her face today but with any luck this will be her last visit for a while :)

I'm going to try acupuncture this cycle too, anything is worth a try.

Hope you are all well.

H xx

Saline sonogram today found a uterine polyp. Its being removed via surgery on Monday morning. I'm terrified it will be something horrible when they get in there! :cry: Technically should still be on track for Nov 1 IVF cycle though.

Hey Megg, hope it all turns out okay for you.

H xx

Saline sonogram today found a uterine polyp. Its being removed via surgery on Monday morning. I'm terrified it will be something horrible when they get in there! :cry: Technically should still be on track for Nov 1 IVF cycle though.

Hey Megg,

Try not to worry, they're quite common I think (I had one removed in March). :hugs:
At least they found it before starting IVF, so it can't hinder your treatment. :thumbup:
Good luck for Monday. x

I'm sure it will be a quick fix and you'll be back on track asap :)
Hugs to you!

Yeh, I think it's a common thing too and nothing to worry about, it just shouldn't be there. It's good you're getting it fixed asap.

I'm glad to hear its so common! Thank you, girls! I just hate knowing its in there... and I hate knowing that maybe I'd already be a mother if not for it. I mean, he said it could interfere with implantation or proper continued growth during a pregnancy. Makes me wonder if that's the cause for my losses. Its just angering!

Fluffystar - we are only 1 cd apart!!! :D
I am cd14 today and usually ov around cd18. Last ivf cycle I had blood test to confirm ov on cd21 and this time they are planning on doing the blood test on cd19 - and I am worried I might not have ov'd based on where my body is at, at this point. It is not that I care if my treatment is delayed - but that I will need to have the blood test done again - and in that case I will have to figure out how to get time off of work.

Nvr2Late - we live veryyyyyyyy close by. I am in Newmarket. I know my siggy probably makes me seem older than I am. I am 29 - I have been with my dh for 14.5 years - but married only the last 4.5 years. I have a mass amount of fertility issues - so my fertility age is significantly impacted. Did I understand correctly that you have been through an ivf before too? Do you mind me asking what clinic you are going to - I would be very interested to know :D xo Hope this cycle works for you.

Megg - I know many people who have had the polyp removed. Hoping you get an appt very soon. xo

caroleb73 - thx. It sounds like we will be DR very close together!!!

helenttc
Teapot
Wallie
Thinking about everyone else - can't wait till we all start.

My appt is Monday morning at 9am. I'll go home the same day.

I'm glad to hear its so common! Thank you, girls! I just hate knowing its in there... and I hate knowing that maybe I'd already be a mother if not for it. I mean, he said it could interfere with implantation or proper continued growth during a pregnancy. Makes me wonder if that's the cause for my losses. Its just angering!

Megg-I also had a uterine polyp removed. Usually the small ones dont cause any harm. I also had a miscarriage and the doc ruled our the polyp as a cause. Said most likely was my Endo. They are removed as a routine before IVF as they dont want to take chances. Mine was removed during hysteroscopy which happened with my Lap. Was done under GA so not painful at all. No recovery time at all. You feel fine immediately

Hey Megg

I want to reassure you that the op you are going to have is nothing to worry about at all. I have just had the same procedure done on the 4th of October in London as they found a very small polyp and there was slight thickening of my uterus. It was all over and done with so quickly and no real pain, I took mild pain relief that evening to make sure I got a good nights sleep but then found I didn't need to take anything else.

Just look at it as the step you have to take to make your womb perfect to keep your future baby safe and warm. Once the op is done your womb will be so more receptive to implantation and your odds for success will rise.

I too wondered if the issues with my uterus which were overlooked by my docs in the Middle East were the cause of us not achieving a BFP but then again you just never know and there is no point torturing ourselves. We are at a critical point in our TTC journey all about to start IVF and we have to believe that we will all be pregnant very soon.

Wishing you all the best for your op and go into it positive and upbeat as like I said this is one more step up the ladder on this journey getting you closer to your BFP.

:hugs:

I don't think you have anything to worry about, Megg. As long as it gives a better chance with this IVF journey, that's the most important thing :hugs:

How is everyone? I had my follow up scan this morning, and my DR has gone well so far. Starting stimms tomorrow (2 amps of Menogon). Can't wait :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->