IVF/ICSI/FET Cycle Starting November... Anyone else? - 4 BFN, 6 BFP, 1 angel!

Blue, I tried IVF last March but the cycle was cancelled as one egg matured must faster than the others and the drugs couldn't stop ovulation. So it was converted to IUI.
I go to Isis Fertility Centre in Mississauga. Where do you go?

Hey Ladies,

I have a question that I need help with. I am due to start taking the nasal spray to DR at 8 days past O but was wondering what if by some miracle we actually managed to get pregnant naturally this month, what effect would the drugs have on the embryo/baby? or do the docs advise not to DTD unprotected before the start of IVF?

I wondered about that too carolb, but I can only assume you can't try that cycle. I know when I did IUI we weren't allowed to have unprotected sex until the first scan after starting gonal-f. It is a worry though isn't it.

Thanks for all the reassurance! I do feel better about it today. But, I'm still just mostly wanting to get it over with. Monday can't come soon enough!

I'm sorry that I don't have answers to any of your questions. I'm guessing Wallie is right that you aren't meant to try that cycle.

Hi, can I join in, I am moving on the IVF, I have blood tests booked for 1 November and then on from there I guess. I am 39 and have been trying for what feels like forever..

Good luck to you all on this journey, lets hope we all get a little IVF miracle..

The DR drugs are not safe for a pregnancy - so it is best not to ttc during an ivf cycle. You can google your specific DR drug. I am injecting lupron and I know it is fatal to a pregnancy.

Thanks Blue I am about to start Buserelin nasal spray and just looked at it and it states not to be taken if pregnant. Will have to take precautions in the next few days then just in case.

Going in today to start my Lupron injections, get my pre-op physical, a full CBC, and go over all my meds with coordinator.

Thats great Megg, hope it all goes well, v exciting time for you, can't wait till we get to that stage!

Does anyone know, do you have to go on these IVF evenings etc that I keep reading about as I have not heard of it, just wondering if this is something they will tell us nearer the time after the blood tests etc?

Some clinics require you go to an IVF info evening... mine does. My husband had to sit through 2 hours of learning about ovulation and sperm production. He was NOT pleased! :)

Some clinics require you go to an IVF info evening... mine does. My husband had to sit through 2 hours of learning about ovulation and sperm production. He was NOT pleased! :)

Ohhhh! I don't think mine would enjoy that at all. Glad we don't have to do it! LOL

We have to go to a treatment information appointment but thats a one to one with a nurse to learn how to inject etc. I know others who have had to go to a group session etc though.

Hi, girls. Well, here we go again. I am starting bcps today and stims in 3 weeks. We hope to get a cycle in by Tgiving. The doc has determined that I have a diminished ovarian reserve, so, I realistically have a 25% chance of this working. Not great odds but we are going to give it another shot. If it does not look like we are stimming well, we will likely abandon the cycle.

I got my letter through about our screening appt today and it mentioned an evening visit, which I would quite like to go too but I don't think my OH will be going. He's hinted at that before.

Not really sure from the letter if I will be starting my IVF cycle in November or not, we'll just have to wait and see what they say next Friday I suppose.

mysillygirls - stay positive sweetie :dust:

wallie - I feel a little in limbo too! We have an appointment next wednesday and until that im not sure if we are starting for definite then or not - It all seems a little vague and unclear! Its the not knowing what the plan is thats a bugger!

Oh yeh and I forgot to mention that the letter says we're now at the top of the IVF list!? I'm assuming its just an error or they use the same letter for couples self funding but for a second I thought, yeh we'll get to do this for nothing, but nah, probably not.:haha:

I'll add you MSG! :hugs: Try to keep a shred of PMA! Even 25% is way better than 0%!

Hope you girls in limbo are sorted soon! Hate limbo!

Update: OMG @ my calendar!!!

Started Lupron & steroid today. Stop BCP after Sunday. Baseline E2 on Oct 28. Stimming starts on Nov 2!

Full Calendar:

https://farm2.static.flickr.com/1252/5099991783_fe930b36ef_b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"