IVF/ICSI/FET Cycle Starting November... Anyone else? - 4 BFN, 6 BFP, 1 angel!

hi Megg! Good to see you!

I am on a short protocol. My dr is worried about over-supressing me, so my plan is very simple: no BCPs, just starting 150 iu of Gonal-f and 150 iu of Menopur on CD3.

Anyone else on short protocol?

I'm on LOOOOOOOOOONG protocol! LOL I still need to add you to the first page! I'll get to it before the end of today! Sorry for the delay!

megg - you had my hubby cringing at the thought of giving injections when watching your video clip!! I do hope he toughens up later on when its needed!!!

megg - you had my hubby cringing at the thought of giving injections when watching your video clip!! I do hope he toughens up later on when its needed!!!

I hope so too! :wacko: Sending him strength!

Got my meds... Pics forthcoming! :shock: I could DIE! Its SO much!

Box of meds... and all the rest! :shock:

My dog and the soda can are in the pics for size comparison... Also because my dog is adorable! But, ya know! The dog weighs about 70lbs. The soda can is a soda can!

Box, all the needles, all the meds/supplies, everything put together!

Attachments

• Box.jpg
    Box.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Just needles.jpg
    Just needles.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 4
  • Supplies.jpg
    Supplies.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 3000 dollars worth of meds.jpg
    3000 dollars worth of meds.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 4
Meg your video was very amusing. Your accent is brilliant, lol!!! And and I can't believe all that worry and then you said, is that it? :rofl: Your HCG shot did seem confusing. Mine for IUI was in a packet, opened it up and stabbed it in. No faffing about filling the syringe, it was already done for me, thank god!

AFM, yesterday phoned the hospital and a letter went out the day before (should be here today) but I've got an appointment 28th October for my screening, which I assume is HIV test and other tests. So I should find out when I should be starting IVF. We are paying for a cycle ourselves as it's a long wait on the NHS. I hope they'll put me on a short protocol as when I did IUI i responded well to gonal-f, but I suppose I'll find out shortly what the plan is.

FX'd this works :happydance:

Meg your video was very amusing. Your accent is brilliant, lol!!! And and I can't believe all that worry and then you said, is that it? :rofl: Your HCG shot did seem confusing. Mine for IUI was in a packet, opened it up and stabbed it in. No faffing about filling the syringe, it was already done for me, thank god!

AFM, yesterday phoned the hospital and a letter went out the day before (should be here today) but I've got an appointment 28th October for my screening, which I assume is HIV test and other tests. So I should find out when I should be starting IVF. We are paying for a cycle ourselves as it's a long wait on the NHS. I hope they'll put me on a short protocol as when I did IUI i responded well to gonal-f, but I suppose I'll find out shortly what the plan is.

FX'd this works :happydance:

Thanks! I did feel a bit daft for all the fuss when it was nothing! LOL

Excellent news about your appointment. I responded well too, but I'm still on long protocol. I don't actually know how to decide which protocol to use. My clinic leans heavily towards long, and I think they always use it when they can.

True, I think a clinic just does what they know and works. Maybe I'll be on the long one too.

Megg, your drug supply is scary! But hopefully it's well labeled so you know what is what! :)

Can't wait to see how this works out for you. My fingers are crossed... you so deserve this, you are such a kind and giving person to everyone who comes on these boards. It's your turn now!!!

Oh, and loved the video! It's so great to see people "in person" :)

Megg, your drug supply is scary! But hopefully it's well labeled so you know what is what! :)

Can't wait to see how this works out for you. My fingers are crossed... you so deserve this, you are such a kind and giving person to everyone who comes on these boards. It's your turn now!!!

Oh, and loved the video! It's so great to see people "in person" :)

Thank you, sweetie! :hugs: Its all very well labelled, and there will be a detailed calendar telling me when and what to take! Daunting though!

I am on a short protocol. My dr is worried about over-supressing me, so my plan is very simple: no BCPs, just starting 150 iu of Gonal-f and 150 iu of Menopur on CD3.

Hi Never2late- I am on the oct thread but was stalking the nov thread and saw ur post. I was on a short protocol as my E2 levels were sufficiently low and the doc did not feel the need to supress me. Since both my FSH and AMH levels are great all this meant I was likely to respond well to meds and the doc spared me the extra lupron injections. I did respond well to meds- got 23 follies, 19 were over 16 mm at the time of EC. Collected 18 eggs, 15 fertilized. Got 3 grade As transferred on day 3, put the rest into blast mode. Got 2 Grade A blastocycts got that transferred on day 5. AM now in the 2ww to see whether it works. I have seen short protocol work very well infact sometimes better than Long protocol in terms of response. Another girl wrighty on oct thread got 35 follies and 24 embies from short protocol.SO- all the best.:hugs:

Hi Ladies can I join you guys.

I am 37 and DH is 27 and we have been TTC#1 since June 2009 with no hint of a BFP. We currently live in the Middle East and I started with doctors here but did have some very bad experiences so in September I travelled back home to London and saw one of the best fertility doctors. He found a few things that the docs here missed and I had an op to remove a polyp 2 weeks ago. He ran an AMH test and found my results to be low even for my age so we have opted for IVF.

I start my down regging on Oct 31st and then fly back to London on Nov 8th to visit the clinic where egg retrivial etc will be done. The following day I go for my baseline scan and hopefully start my stimulating injections. I must say I am so excited as I feel so hopeful with the medical team in London, I have complete trust in their ability and know they will do everything possible to make this work for me and DH.

Work have been fantastic with me and support me the whole way, I am having to have just over 3 weeks out of the office. DH cannot get all of the time off so my Mum will support me through most of it and DH will jump on a flight a couple of days before he needs to give his "donation" and will then stay with me until the embie or blastocyst transfer is done.

I will be taking the burselin nasal spray at first followed by the Gonal F injections. DH is really nervous about it all but so far I am completely relaxed and can't wait to start. I see the jabs etc as another thing on the list to get me closer to a BFP.

I really hope that this is successful for us all and I look forward to sharing the journey with you :hugs:

Hi Caroleb73 - Glad you are joining us this month. Fingers crosed for you and all the others on this thread xxx

You have a great attitude, Carole! :hugs: I hope this works for you! I'll add you to the front page!

Hi Never2late- I am on the oct thread but was stalking the nov thread and saw ur post. I was on a short protocol as my E2 levels were sufficiently low and the doc did not feel the need to supress me. Since both my FSH and AMH levels are great all this meant I was likely to respond well to meds and the doc spared me the extra lupron injections. I did respond well to meds- got 23 follies, 19 were over 16 mm at the time of EC. Collected 18 eggs, 15 fertilized. Got 3 grade As transferred on day 3, put the rest into blast mode. Got 2 Grade A blastocycts got that transferred on day 5. AM now in the 2ww to see whether it works. I have seen short protocol work very well infact sometimes better than Long protocol in terms of response. Another girl wrighty on oct thread got 35 follies and 24 embies from short protocol.SO- all the best.:hugs:

Thanks so much for that -- very inspiring!
Can you tell me what drugs you used and the dosage? I am 41, and from what I've read, older women respond better to lower doses. My doc has reduced my dosage from the last go-round, but I'm concerned they're still a bit high (150 iu Gonal-f and 150 iu of Menopur).

And, did they do 2 transfers - you said day 3 and day 5. I have never heard of 2 transfers before!

thanks!!!

Hi Nvr - I have only just twigged that I had been following your blog! I hadnt put two and two together but your pic looked familiar - Doh! Its nice that we have ended up on the same thread for a round of IVF :hugs: :dust:

Hi Nvr - I have only just twigged that I had been following your blog! I hadnt put two and two together but your pic looked familiar - Doh! Its nice that we have ended up on the same thread for a round of IVF :hugs: :dust:

Hah, cool fluffystar! Glad to be on the journey with you :)

fluffy, just checked out your blog... I wish I'd gone there before! Will definitely become a regular visitor. I love your insight about choosing to be infertile for a period of time.. .you've tweaked a memory in me that I want to now go blog about! he he! Off to do just that...

Oh, and you're English! My hubby is English, from Birmingham. We're trying to move there within the next year or two :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->