IVF/ICSI/FET OCTOBER "4 LEAF CLOVER" CYCLE-Anyone joining me?*** UPDATES ON PAGE 1***

Wrightywales - yep it's my first IVF and am very excited, just hoping I produce enough to freeze some as back up and then if it doesn't work first time it won't matter so much! I have blocked tubes and DH sperm count quite low so they may also do ICSI.

Mercyme - not too sure yet, dh is very squeemish so probably will have to end up doing it myself, I guess it's just weird putting the needle in yourself!

MrsF - I've just enquired into accupuncture, the therapist says 1 session a week, I'm hoping she can fit me in after work, I want to give this go my best shot! With regards to the needled I only seem to have two, one syringe that seems fitted with needle already for my suprecur and some that are separate for my menopur!

I think I'll start my suprecur (downreg) on or around 4th October (AF due some point next week). I've worked out rough dates and I know it depends on how your body reacts to drugs ET should be 1st week in November.

My big box of drugs was very very exciting. I love my sharps bin and bag!!! It was like Christmas.

Who's starting drugs soon or already started??? I'm worried about what I should be doing pre treatment, I go on holiday the week before and although I don't drink much I would like to have a few.... does anyone know if that is a problem? Also what about bd'ing - do you have to use precautions in the cycle during treatment? I assume so?

Mrs-G - im sure it will be fine to have a few drinks on your hols before you start. are you going anywhere nice? i will hopefully start a week on fridayish depending on AF. know what you mean about the excitement of receiving your drugs i was like a little kid opening mine :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:. xx

Hi ladies

wow quite a few of us recieved are drugs yesturday :happydance: our packaged arrived @ 8am :sleep: couldn't believe how early they were.

Mrs F you're acupuncture sounds great.

Welcome mercy :flower:

Wrighywales - are you doing the long or short protocol?

Mrs G - I'm on suprecur to down reg and also menopur too - 225iu 3 vials. I start down regging on Thursday :wacko: I had a couple of cocktails whilst I was out last night but that's it now for me, I'm sure a few drinks on holiday won't harm, go and enjoy yourself and have fun, I was just saying to DH today that it would be nice to go on holiday before starting the treatment, I think the holiday will prepare you nicely x

I hope everyone has had a fab weekend x

hi hun

im on short protocol this time due to me producing to many eggs last time. not long till you start hun have everything crossed it works xx

Hi wrightywales - I'm not too clued up on how the short protocol works, so will be interesting to learn from you, I hope AF shows up as planned.

I'm on long protocol again - they've up my stims though this time as I didn't produce many eggies on first cycle :dohh: x

i dont know that much about the short protocol either i will know more on tuesday. all i know is i ring on day 1 go for a scan and if everything ok i start stims straight away then i start another drug to stop me oving ive been told be a lady at the same hos and protocol as me and they said i jab for a max of 18 days so very quick

Hi MissMonty -- good luck with starting on Thursday!

Hahaha, wrighty! I like your plan to wear your best white panties -- clever trick! :haha::haha::haha::haha:

I'm on a short protocol, too, at least for now.
And I don't know all the terms yet (stims, down regging, etc), but I have "IVF class" on Wed morning to learn all that. DH can't come with me, which stinks. He's smart & understands complicated medical stuff.

Hi lovely ladies. I haven't posted here in a while as we had a long weekend here....and I decided to give the internet a miss for a bit.

I'm further behind than most of us here. I'm just having my initial IVF assessment tomorrow (ignore my ticker)....I guess to decide what protocol I need to be on. Hoping I can get to the stage of being PUPO by the end of October.

But the thought of those needles is scary though :wacko:

Wishing everyone all the very best of luck :thumbup:

Afternoon m'lovelies :flower:

how are we all after the weekend?

mrs g - hope they can fit you in hun, i feel bloody amazing already!!!

mercy - go for it with the massages hun - sounds like you can get a good deal, and it'll make you feel lovely ! I would just check before that there wont be any contraindications, for example i think that certain foot massages can stimulate the uterus but could have an adverse affect - but they'll know all about it if you tell them your situ.

wrighty, slept like a baby last night too!!! And i would love a step-by-step for the old ticker please bud - i got totally lost......

missmonty - :happydance: for packages!!! but :growlmad: for early wake up call!!!!

well, i received my written protocol today - should get the drugs in the next week or so. So here's me:

Day 1: Oestradiol Valerate (Progynova) 6mg daily (2mg x 3)
Day 12: scan for monitoring endometrial thickness and bloods
Day 15 (ish) progesterone suppositries (Utrogestan) 800mg daily (2x200mg x2)
Blasto transfer between day 17 & 21 (depending on how things are progressing)
then continue with Progynova and Utrogestan til hopefully the end of the first trimester ;)

this means my transfer should happen between 9th and 13th oct (good sign ladies, could be on our wedding anniversary :) )

hormones hormones everywhere!!!! I feel this thread's tone changing once we're all injecting, swallowing and shovin ;) ....we'll be :growlmad: :cry: :wacko: but we shall get through it ladies - think of the end result - lots of babies for the october threaders :happydance::happydance::happydance:

see you later x x x x

LOL!!! You had me :haha: at the tone of the thread changing once we start injecting, MrsF....but I think you're right.

hello ladies

hope your all well

MrsF - must be great to have a rough schedule (< really doesnt look right to me :haha::haha: )
user cp at the top - then edit signature on left hand side - copy https://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/*1480/1480555ipgpdidffl.*gif and paste to the signature box remove the * and save. if you want to add a ticker i use ticker factory https://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php i i use events ticker as it counts up and down and can use it for anything then follow the instruction and when your finished you copy the BB code and paste to the signature box hope that helps if not just ask ok hun xx

Mercy - :haha::haha::haha: she normally arrives when i have my best panties on but watch the :witch: will be late when i dont want her to be. good luck with your appointment on Wednesday im sure they will explain everything in plain english and no medical jargon xx

Isi - good luck with you IVF assessment tomorrow hun xx

AFM - well im really excited got my drugs appointment tomorrow so will know what will be happening in my cycle this time around. i hope its a nice day cant be doing with it raining as i walk from train station to the hospital.

:dust::hug: to all xx

Well got 1st acupuncture appointment booked for Wednesday, bit stressed though, thought it was supposed to be relaxing and it's stressing me out already!!! Not too sure how I'm supposed to feel after, I'll be back at work within 5 mins of finishing!!!

I'm off on a boat for a week! Not allowed to go abroad cos of treatment so having to stay in uk, hope weather holds out!

Miss monty - I'm on 150iu, don't know how much this is, I have to book a drugs lesson!

Mrs-G - hope your have a nice relaxing time at acupuncture on wednesday think i would be a little stressed about my 1st one not knowing what to expect but im sure you will be fine hun. where are you going on the boat? hope its nice and relaxing for you ready to start your cycle xx

good luck Mrs G with your acu..
I just went for acu today with a new clinic (tried it once before at a different clinic) and i wasnt impressed, it was really run like a money making business- she was suppose to give me 90 minutes for my $115 but instead if was more like 35 b/c she kept leaving and attending to other patients and she was late. AND get this she gave me no acu fertility treatment but did treat my sore neck...lol

anyway, I felt really relaxed after so I guess its worth it for that, but I dont think i will be going back- seems useless and too pricey

how are you doing today Wrighty??

:hugs:

hi britt im great thanks hun very excited for my appointment tomorrow at least i will finally have all the info for my protocol.

how are you hun ? xx

Oh where's my AF gone!!!!!!! Actually it's not officially due till Thursday but I do usually have spotting or something! Maybe my blocked tubes have miraculously unblocked (although fs says that I'm at risk of eptopic if I did manage to get pg naturally, that would be just my luck, not a snifter in 2 years and when I'm waiting for ivf I'll get caught and it'll be eptopic and put me back months! For once I really want af to arrive!!!

Sorry, I've had my rant!

Good luck for your drugs appintment today Wrightywales.

Isi Buttrrcup - I bet you'll be with me, my protocol was delayed because of my blood results (and the fact I'd be on holiday the week of ec) otherwise I think I'd have been a cycle earlier. I estimate ec to be around 28th oct, depending on when 2 x af's arrive, I am secretly hoping they are late as my ec/et clash with my father in law having a knee replacement and we need to be close, a couple of weeks later and we could go on hol immediately after et. Otherwise my last weeks holiday is gonna consist of me being at home on my own while oh runs his mum around! All well and good if I get that bfp but not so good if it doesn't work.

Sorry for long post, off to work now so that'll shut me up for at least 9 hours! Lol

Hi lovely ladies! I just got back from the hospital....but I only had bloodwork done today. I won't be able to have a proper chat with the FS until after all my results are ready :dohh:. Anyways, at least it's started. Still banking on being PUPO around the end of October or early November (same time as you, Mrs-G :friends:). Can't wait!

How's everyone? Love and :dust: to all!

Hi ladies!!!

I'm back.... Holiday was brill but back to reality. We have had a real NICE welcome back starting with my daughter snapping the key off in the lock after her friend kicked it, also she swept a load of crap off the terrace into the drain pipes and blocked both and the boiler has just blown up! Welcome home!! Lol

We have an apt tomorrow at 4 pm to talk about a date for FET. Just had af so this should be next month and also to tell them we are kicking them to the Kerb after that and moving hospitals (which should be fun) lol.

I don't know where to start with catching up with you all so for now: welcome all the newbies, good luck to everyone in here and thanks to wrighty for all your help and support and for looking after everyone xxx

Hey Mrs G!!! Am hoping I'm a good omen for you!!

Big :hugs: all round.

xx

Welcome back Sammy!!
Good luck with your blood tests Isi, there are a ton of them hey? Have you had your HSG and U/S's already?....those are also fun :winkwink:
anyway, it will give you a good idea as to where you are at.

hope everyone is well, I am 4dpo only and I dont feel like the IUI worked....again....oh well, bring on IVF

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->