IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

Hi Ladies, so, i had my first midwife appointment today, booking in as they call it. Can't believe i'm at the midwife stage already lol. Anyway i have a question for you all, i have been put as a high risk pregnancy because i have a heart murmur and also because there is no way for them to find out the fathers background. Anyway, apparently because i have used donor sperm, i have to see a consultant at around 20 weeks, but my midwife did not know why, she just knew that i had to because she had been told when she mentioned that i had conceived with ivf and donor. Would any of you lovely ladies have any ideas?

Hey dan yes my pregnancy was classed as high risk due to ivf and I wasn't aloud to go past my due date. All tho with donor sperm I guess without fathers background maybe classed as High risk too.. I was consultant led too. wouldn't you already have the fathers (sperm donor) back ground anyway?

Hi, yeah they said that was why, because they don't have his background. I don't have the donors background, they don't give it to you in the clinics here, just assure you that they're healthy and screened lol. I just didn't know why I have to see the consultant. Does it make a difference being consultant led?

Awwww yay congrats!!! Details :smug:

hi well our little man arrived 1st may weighing 8lb, 1 week early by elective c section, we called him Oliver Joseph, hes just perfect and DD loves him to pieces so happy that our family is complete, hes an absolute star so placid and laid back x hope you and your little man are keeping well x

Hi Ladies, so, i had my first midwife appointment today, booking in as they call it. Can't believe i'm at the midwife stage already lol. Anyway i have a question for you all, i have been put as a high risk pregnancy because i have a heart murmur and also because there is no way for them to find out the fathers background. Anyway, apparently because i have used donor sperm, i have to see a consultant at around 20 weeks, but my midwife did not know why, she just knew that i had to because she had been told when she mentioned that i had conceived with ivf and donor. Would any of you lovely ladies have any ideas?

in both pregnancys the IVF didnt contribute to been high risk for me it was other things, but I would think its just purely down to 1st thing your heart murmor and 2nd the fact you dont donors medical history not necisseraly his but his familys too x

Thanks. I don't mind either way as long as this ia a happy healthy little baby :)

Congratulations on your little boy! x

Yeah won't make any difference ring consultant led, u will get few more scans ( I did ) and they prob won't let u go over your date.

Aw Rosie he sounds perfect :) my sister called her little boy Oliver too he's 3 months old now! We are both doing ok thanks, having few problems wth his milk allergies, which I know he's had since birth but no one would listen , and here we are at 6 months old and finally seeing the dietrition - but he's not reacting to his new cows free milk :/ so another waiting game

Yeah won't make any difference ring consultant led, u will get few more scans ( I did ) and they prob won't let u go over your date.

Aw Rosie he sounds perfect :) my sister called her little boy Oliver too he's 3 months old now! We are both doing ok thanks, having few problems wth his milk allergies, which I know he's had since birth but no one would listen , and here we are at 6 months old and finally seeing the dietrition - but he's not reacting to his new cows free milk :/ so another waiting game

she has good taste in names!!! ;)

my dd had milk allergy i knew this pretty much within a couple of weeks, was fobbed off so many times by drs been a "1st time mum" and all that, with colic then reflux it took till her throat was that burnt with acid coming up all the time that she refused point blank to have a bottle anywhere near her mouth worst months for us she didnt gain weight etc 17 weeks we got a referral to a pediatrician even then they just put her on different medication for silent reflux it wasnt untill she ended up on inhalers and had recurrent ear infections and me cutting out dairy from her diet for them to agree with me! this was when she was 18 months old :(

this time at least i know what tto look out for and absolutley no way will i let them fob me off!

hope all goes well with dietician, and wow 6 months already it really does go too quick doesnt it x

*** apologise for my iPhone typos***

Gosh Rosie!!! That is awful, they tried putting it as reflux and clinic as well. And at one point we had to go to out if hours he got so bad, and I was told reflux!!!! We got a call from hospital today and the rash that's now appearing is that he is reacting to the soya oils so we are getting another milk to try :/ again like your self ftm everything was ignored he's showed all the signs since birth we were told at 16 weeks to change his milk we did but still no change

*** apologise for my iPhone typos***

Gosh Rosie!!! That is awful, they tried putting it as reflux and clinic as well. And at one point we had to go to out if hours he got so bad, and I was told reflux!!!! We got a call from hospital today and the rash that's now appearing is that he is reacting to the soya oils so we are getting another milk to try :/ again like your self ftm everything was ignored he's showed all the signs since birth we were told at 16 weeks to change his milk we did but still no change

aw no poor little man :( mind they do say if they are allergic to dairy they are more likely to be allergic to soy too, are they going to do allergy tests? sounds like he really could do with them x

Am not too sure Rosie, one of them dropped some cow and gate instant carobel as he isn't having a reaction to the aptamil milk, but it is quite thin so today he's just been sick after his feeds. With it being so thin it can have relfux effects so this cow & gate stuff is a tiny scoop and I just add one to his bottle to thicken his milk up. We are just testing things over the weekend and will speak to his actual diettrion on Monday

oh my goodness, sounds a nightmare, hope you get something sorted, nothing worse than seeing your little ones struggle.

Oliver has picked up his big sisters cold and is struggling really bad doesnt help with how hot it is at the minute too, poor thing struggling to breath when feeding and has been sick a few times bringing up green mucus that hes swallowing :( could cry for him i really could hes just so little x

Hi ladies, I haven't been on for a while, just thought I'd post and tell you all that I'm having a boy!! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 0
Awww congratulations! little boys are amazing! how many weeks are you now x

Hi All-

I was on these boards Feb/ March 2013 and had a BFP ( now DD ) after IVF.

Well, DH and I decided to just rip off that band-aid and go for #2 via FET.

Am I crazy?

I have no experience or knowledge with FET so any info, advice, nutrional ideas, or prayers!!! would be so appreciated!

Why would you be crazy for wanting another baby? You've been very lucky with ivf. Fet is very calm compared to a fresh cycle. Just treat yourself well because the hard part is over since you already have your embryo. Best of luck!

Oh my god i can't believe i haven't posted on here since i was 14 weeks pregnant!!! i am now 32 weeks! How are you all?
Sunshine - I don't have any experience with FET's but if i had any embryo's left i would definitely go for it. Like Peachy said, i've heard that it is less stressful then a fresh cycle and more "calming" Good luck if you go ahead :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->