IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Sorry to hear that Africa :sad1: Fingers cross things pick up in the next few days and you get some strong eggies [-o<

Out of interest how long is the wait between PIE and the joint consultation before the worldwind happens?

Hi Africa, I am so sorry to hear about what happened at your scan, I can't believe it!!! Have they increased your dose of menopur? I did have to stimm for 3 extra days and they did grow quite a lot in that time. I think you have made the right decision to go ahead, it is about quality not quantity, you are young and there is no reason why you won't have healthy eggs, so there is still every chance for you. I had poor fertilisation and against the odds I had 2 embies to transfer so please don't give up hope. We are all here for you and praying for your miracle, stay strong. Lots of love and hugs xxxxxx :hugs:

Africaqueen - so sorry to hear your poor response but sounds like they have still chance to grow. i'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

i've been very emotional stimming this time. i keep bursting into tears. i'm so tired too. i hope i have some follicles on tuesday when i go.
i think our joint consultation was about eight weeks from information evening.

laura - hope your feeling better.

jane - how are you feeling?

hello to everyone else x x x x

Hi girls,well the weekend is finally here!
Africa,sorry to hear that you've not responded as well as they had hoped,be positive hun,ur doing the right thing in going ahead,u only need one strong one!! It's all down to quality. I wish u all the best,I'll keep my fx 4 u Xxxxx

Well girls its not very good news from me im afraid :cry: Went for my scan this morning and i have had a VERY poor response :cry: on my left ovary there are 4 follies. 1 is 21mm, 2 are 10mm and 1 is 8mm. On the right side there is nothing at all :nope:
Nurse went and spoke to a Dr, came back in and said we can either cancel the cycle at this stage as chances are we would only get 2-3 eggs at most or we can go to EC. We have opted to go to EC as we would be wasting the cycle otherwise and at least we have a tiny chance then. DH and i are so upset but trying to cling onto what the nurse said which is- all we need is one decent egg and for it to fertilise and become a embryo and we have the same chance as someone who got 20 eggs. I just need to cling onto that but i am not a fool and i know our chances have dropped dramatically. So i have been given another 3 amps of menopur for tomorrow and i take the trigger shot on sunday with EC on tuesday. Nurse said she is really hoping the 3 smaller follies would of grown by then, hence the reason EC is tue and not mon. Please pray for me girls. Going to need a miracle here more than ever now xxx

hey hunni!!!
Awwwwww am so sorry to hear that but i defo think that you are doing the right thing by going ahead!! Hopefully the other follies will hav a huge growth spurt and catch up!!! As all the other ladies have said and the nurse, you only need one to fertilise and am sure you will have that!!
Will have EVERYTHING crossed for you luvly and we are all here for you!!

:hug: :hugs:

xxxxxx

Lisa- Thank you. I am very upset but praying for a miracle. If we didnt go to EC it would be one NHS cycle done. Its the meds that count as the majority of the cost so once cycle has gone through it is used up regardless of if there is a EC, hence the reason we are going ahead or we would of cancelled and started again so not to waste it :-( xxx

awww im sorry to hear this hunny! but dnt give up!!! u only need one!!! i got quite a few but in the end only ended up wiv one!!! miracles deffo happen hun!!! im going to pray it works 4 u hunny!!! keep positive!!!! im made up u went ahead wiv it hun i would of deffo done the same theres no point wasting a cycle when u have a good chance, and u do they realy only need one to be a lil fighter!!! ive got my fingers and toes crossed 4 u hunny!!! sending u loads of babydust hunny!!! :hugs: :flower: keep smiling!!! xxx

Africa I just wanted to echo what everyone else said you are absolutely doing the right thing. The one egg you have sounds like a cracker though to fingers, toes and legs crossed for you. Try not to get stressed cos you need to be nice and calm for transfer so they feel nice and snug.

Keep us all posted and yep it only takes one fighter. Lots of hugs to you and your eggs.
X

Thank you for support and pma girls.
I must admit i am feeling very low today. Only just got out out bed and dh is at work and super low too :-( we had such high hopes of this working and now our chances are so reduced its just so unfair. I just needed this chance after all i have been through :-(
I just pray the tiny chance that we have gives us our embie and hopefully BFP.

Susie- They never increased my menopur. Iv been on 3 amps right through and as i only had enough amps left for yesterday they gave me 3 more amps for today and then thats the end of stimming. Take burserlin tomorrow at 6 and then trigger shot at 9.30pm and thats that :-( x

I got my EC time. Its at 9.30am on Tuesday so please anyone who has any religious belief please pray for me. Need all the help we can get xxx

Melbram- Our joint cons meeting was about 8-9wks after PIE but that was due to the delay with me not being immune to rubella so as long as your bloods are all fine then you should get a appt a lot faster than that x

Awww :hugs: africa.

So sorry you are having a low time, I can't imagine how you are feeling right now. Just try & hold on to that hope that you have. There is still a good chance, that one follicle was huge :thumbup: & I'm not religious myself but I completely respect others beliefs & so I'll still say a prayer for you, can't hurt after all hey :hugs:

I do believe in PMA though so I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you on Tuesday... actually, I'll start now *You will get a great EC... You will get a great EC.. You will get a great EC... & then they'll fertilise & implant fine & you'll have a wonderful baba in 9 months time* :thumbup:

So all you have to do now is make sure you have a good snuggle with your DH when he comes home from work, have a nice chilled time together because for the next 18 years you won't be able to :haha: (hope I've not stepped out of line here... I generally try & lift the sadness with some humour, but I know this isn't everyones cup of tea)

lots of :hugs: and sticky :dust: coming your way
xxxxx :flower:

Thank you for support and pma girls.
I must admit i am feeling very low today. Only just got out out bed and dh is at work and super low too :-( we had such high hopes of this working and now our chances are so reduced its just so unfair. I just needed this chance after all i have been through :-(
I just pray the tiny chance that we have gives us our embie and hopefully BFP.

Susie- They never increased my menopur. Iv been on 3 amps right through and as i only had enough amps left for yesterday they gave me 3 more amps for today and then thats the end of stimming. Take burserlin tomorrow at 6 and then trigger shot at 9.30pm and thats that :-( x

I got my EC time. Its at 9.30am on Tuesday so please anyone who has any religious belief please pray for me. Need all the help we can get xxx

Melbram- Our joint cons meeting was about 8-9wks after PIE but that was due to the delay with me not being immune to rubella so as long as your bloods are all fine then you should get a appt a lot faster than that x

il be praying 4 u hun dnt worry bout that!!!!! just think u still have a chance hun so dnt get down in the dumps!!! im feeling positive 4 u hun!!!! and wish u all the luck in the world sending u tonnes of babydust +++++++++++++++ keep smiling Mrs!!! xxx :dohh: :hugs:

Lisa- Love that PMA! and i love the humour as i do that too to lighten the mood ;-) TY x

Laura- Thanks hun. Just finding it hard to be positive with the odds so stacked against us but i will try and keep some hope x

Right girls im off for my jabs in a min. Last menopur jab tonight! lets hope it does its job big time! lol xxx

:yipee: Go Menopur Go :yipee: (said in the accent of an american cheerleader.. :blush:

Good luck hun, I'll have everything crossed for you :flower:

i will pray for ya hun i know how ya feel thats what happend to me exept my biggest was only 19mm and they got one egg but sadly it dident fertalize but extra gl babe thinking off ya xxx

i will pray for ya hun i know how ya feel thats what happend to me exept my biggest was only 19mm and they got one egg but sadly it dident fertalize but extra gl babe thinking off ya xxx

Ah thanks Kazza:hugs:
How are u feeling hun? How many follies did u have at your scan?
It is such a dissapointment but i suppose i need to stay positive and hope that we get a few eggs and a embryo but i am very worried xxx

It is such a dissapointment but i suppose i need to stay positive and hope that we get a few eggs and a embryo but i am very worried xxx

at my scan hun i9 got 7 follies biggest wqas 19mm and one was 15mm and rest was 7mm xx

at my scan hun i9 got 7 follies biggest wqas 19mm and one was 15mm and rest was 7mm xx

and i am feeling great hun just gt bk from the gym xx

Kazza- Wow so out of 7 follies they only got one egg? :-( i only have 4 follies... feel so nervous of them getting no eggs :-(
Glad u have bounced back quickly and that u are looking to do positive things.
When will you try again? xxx

Kazza- Wow so out of 7 follies they only got one egg? :-( i only have 4 follies... feel so nervous of them getting no eggs :-(
Glad u have bounced back quickly and that u are looking to do positive things.
When will you try again? xxx

ye we going for round 2 in jan hopefully got follow up appointment 9th november xx

Kazza- That is good news. A new start for the new year eh? :) x

Jane- Has your news sunk in yet? when is your scan again? x

Laura- How u feeling hun? x

babydust- How is dr going? x

Nici- How is it going? x
Hi to babies, melbram, polly, caz, and all the gang x

Well i had my trigger shot at 9.30pm which was my 46th injection! lol.
Soooo glad they are over with now but sooo scared of tuesdays result! it cant come fast enough for me an dh as we are sooo worried about getting no eggs.
Needle free day tomorrow! going to feel weird after being in the routine for so long.
Was made up with the trigger shot cos never even felt it going in!
I bought my friend a nice bunch of flowers and a card to thank her and she was made up to get flowers brought to her at 9.30 at night! haha xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->