IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hi everyone

i've had an awful 24 Hrs. the bleeding has got progressively heavier. my little embryo didn't even have chance to implant before my lining was shed. the bleeding started 9 days past egg collection. i still had a week till testing. should the progesterone not have stopped this? one day all symptoms of pessaries disappeared and then period came! we are gutted it didn't seem to have a chance. when i spoke to hc yesterday they said carry on with Pessaries but it seems to be prolonging the agony!

bugs- i know you have moved clinics and now we will be paying we are considering it. we are going to go for our follow up appointment to see if they are willing to do anything different. if not we may try care manchester. how did you go about this? how have they been?

i know we will move on from this but at the moment it feels like one long nightmare that we can't wake up from. with getting one embryo to fertilize we feel there is a major underlying problem and feel my chance has been wrecked x x

I'm so sorry Cvaeh, I know it's hard I started bleeding 4 days before OTD on both cycles you feel robbed that you don't even get to test. That point is Sunday for me so I'm dreading it.

If you are paying for your nxt cycle my biggest advice is don't go the womens they totally messed up my 2nd cycle and wasted £4500, They give me the usual shit that they learnt so much from the 1st cycle so what did they do lower my dose so I ended up in exactly the same position loads of shitty eggs that could not be used. I didn't even ring them to tell them the test was negative and I'm still waiting for a follow up call !!!

At my new clinic I down regged for over 6 weeks coz they weren't happy that I was down regged properly they upped my dose to 4 vials of menopur (the womens lowered it to 2) and they kept me stimming for over 2 weeks to get the most and I got enough eggs for me and to share so my ICSI ended up costing less than £2000.

If you look back over this thread considering the odds Of IVF working is around 40% there are not many BFP's. The percentages look good on the info they send you because they don't treat anyone over 39 so where as my Clinic might not have amazing statistics they treat women in their 50's so the success rates will be lower.

If you need to know anything else about Care in Manchester let me know, To everyone else going through treatment at the Women's I don't mean to worry or dishearten anyone as I know a girl who recently had twins through them but if you read back through this thread at what happened to me you would feel the same xxxxx

Cvaeh- I am so sorry that you have started bleeding. It is just so unfair! we got the same amount of eggs i think which was 2? we only got 1 embie too which worries me but i am sure next time around will be a better result. I have 9 friends who all had 2nd time success at the womens and also just in this thread alone we have Natp(both cycles worked altho sadly genetic issue with her babies) Foxey who just had her baby, Laura and Jane are both pregnant... so try and think of the positives altho i know so hard. Obviously if you are paying next time around you do what is best but i still have faith in the womens for my next cycle as i have proof all around me that they do have success a lot of the time x

Bugs- I am sooo hoping to see news of your BFP on Sunday! i will be popping in to check for your news and have everything crossed! x

Hi AQ Hope your coping ok, I know it's tough but you will find the strength to move on you've come through so much already.

My OTD isn't till Wednesday but I haven't managed to get that far as I've started bleeding 4 days before which will be Sunday so I'm praying I get through the weekend.

When you go for your follow up ask them lots of whats and whys I didn't ask enough questions xxx

Hi Sarah - I ended up with five eggs but only one fertilized with ICSI. Like you I had one embie put back on day 2. It seemed like a pretty strong embie and don't even think it had chance to implant before I started my period. I have always thought I have had problems with my progesterone levels but no one seems to listen. I will certainly push the point at my follow up appointment. I don't think it will ever work unless I am given more progesterone. I haven't decided what I am going to do yet. I have a feeling that they will suggest donor eggs or sperm but we really don't want to go down that road yet. We are getting such poor fertilization even with ICSI so it suggests there is a problem somewhere. I have read that some ladies have changed their protocol/medication and got better fertilization rates. I phoned the women's yesterday and they said to carry on with the progesterone and test on Wednesday so I haven't got an appointment yet.

Bugs - When you changed clinics did they send all your notes over from Liverpool? Manchester is a bit of a trip for me, do they allow you to choose your appointments a bit more.

I just want to say that I really like my consultant at the Women's but just don't think you get to see the doctors enough. Most of the nurses are really caring and sensitive so if they are prepared to do something different I will try again with them. I have read a few times though a change of clinic has helped so many people because different methods are more suited to different people.

Hi ladies,thank god It's the weekend!
Africa,hope u get your follow up soon xx
Cvaeh,so sorry hun,it's so hard when it fails xx
Hi Bugs, hope u get to test day hun,good luck. Do u mind me asking if u had further test before u went ahead with this round? I've had two full cycles and one FET at LWH,all resulting in a fail,I never get to official test day,I bleed day 10/11. I produce lots of eggs,21 the first time and 16 the last time. Hoping to start again in june/July.
Jane,fab news about the scan,bet u can't believe it!

Hope all u ladies that are in midd cycle are doing well and not suffering too many side affects! x
Hi to the rest of the gang xx

Bugs - When you changed clinics did they send all your notes over from Liverpool? Manchester is a bit of a trip for me, do they allow you to choose your appointments a bit more.

Hi Ceveah, We had to pay the Womens £25 for a copy of my notes and that didn't take long the hadest part was getting through to the nurses station to speak to someone to arrange it.

Because I did egg sharing I had to wait for lots of test results to come back so that took about 6 weeks but apart from that everything was pretty straight forward. I really cannot fault the clinic at all your appointments are always on time and you can choose when you go in but I think they do the majority of scans i the morning. We only had to go for our 1st appointment with the consultant and then the next appointment after that was my baseline scan, I did have to go 4 times just while I was stimming as they wanted to make sure I was ready.

What I liked about Care was that it is a consultant that does every procedure and they also scan you when putting back the embryo so they can put it in the optimal place. We also requested our embryo's were put in the embryo scope and they did at no extra cost. All these things give me more confidence in them which in turn made mefeel more positive in general and if God forbid this Cycle doesn't work I will definately be going back for round no 4.

I think a change of clinic is definately an optin you should consider but have your follow up and see what they suggest xxxx

Hi ladies,thank god It's the weekend!
Africa,hope u get your follow up soon xx
Cvaeh,so sorry hun,it's so hard when it fails xx
Hi Bugs, hope u get to test day hun,good luck. Do u mind me asking if u had further test before u went ahead with this round? I've had two full cycles and one FET at LWH,all resulting in a fail,I never get to official test day,I bleed day 10/11. I produce lots of eggs,21 the first time and 16 the last time. Hoping to start again in june/July.
Jane,fab news about the scan,bet u can't believe it!

Hope all u ladies that are in midd cycle are doing well and not suffering too many side affects! x
Hi to the rest of the gang xx

Thanks Del,

No I haven't had any further tests done as yet, Care didn't seem to think they were needed but if I bleed early again it is definately something we will need to look into xxxx

Thanks bugs. I really hope it works 4 u. I think it's wonderful that u donated half your eggs.
I'm having the immune testing done along with other test before we go ahead,as we dont want to leave anything to chance. We are very limited as to how many attemps we have left as we are having to use frozen sperm that was stored berfore my partner was treated for cancer. I will look into treatment at manchester xxx

Hi everyone

i've had an awful 24 Hrs. the bleeding has got progressively heavier. my little embryo didn't even have chance to implant before my lining was shed. the bleeding started 9 days past egg collection. i still had a week till testing. should the progesterone not have stopped this? one day all symptoms of pessaries disappeared and then period came! we are gutted it didn't seem to have a chance. when i spoke to hc yesterday they said carry on with Pessaries but it seems to be prolonging the agony!

bugs- i know you have moved clinics and now we will be paying we are considering it. we are going to go for our follow up appointment to see if they are willing to do anything different. if not we may try care manchester. how did you go about this? how have they been?

i know we will move on from this but at the moment it feels like one long nightmare that we can't wake up from. with getting one embryo to fertilize we feel there is a major underlying problem and feel my chance has been wrecked x x

awwww soo sorry 2 hear this hunny, sending u huge hugs!!!!!!! :hugs:
u will get ur lil mirackle hunny i just know it!!! big hugs and tonnes of babydust for ur nxt cycle hunny!! xxx

Cvaeh- I am so sorry that you have started bleeding. It is just so unfair! we got the same amount of eggs i think which was 2? we only got 1 embie too which worries me but i am sure next time around will be a better result. I have 9 friends who all had 2nd time success at the womens and also just in this thread alone we have Natp(both cycles worked altho sadly genetic issue with her babies) Foxey who just had her baby, Laura and Jane are both pregnant... so try and think of the positives altho i know so hard. Obviously if you are paying next time around you do what is best but i still have faith in the womens for my next cycle as i have proof all around me that they do have success a lot of the time x

Bugs- I am sooo hoping to see news of your BFP on Sunday! i will be popping in to check for your news and have everything crossed! x

Yeah hunny ur right it does work and it will work 4 u hunny, i just know it!!! u just have to believe that it will!! and has hard as it is stay positive like u said!!! im wishing u tonnes and tonnes of babydust for ur nxt cycle!!! u will get ur lil miracle hun! xxx :hugs: xxx

I'm so sorry Cvaeh, I know it's hard I started bleeding 4 days before OTD on both cycles you feel robbed that you don't even get to test. That point is Sunday for me so I'm dreading it.

If you are paying for your nxt cycle my biggest advice is don't go the womens they totally messed up my 2nd cycle and wasted £4500, They give me the usual shit that they learnt so much from the 1st cycle so what did they do lower my dose so I ended up in exactly the same position loads of shitty eggs that could not be used. I didn't even ring them to tell them the test was negative and I'm still waiting for a follow up call !!!

At my new clinic I down regged for over 6 weeks coz they weren't happy that I was down regged properly they upped my dose to 4 vials of menopur (the womens lowered it to 2) and they kept me stimming for over 2 weeks to get the most and I got enough eggs for me and to share so my ICSI ended up costing less than £2000.

If you look back over this thread considering the odds Of IVF working is around 40% there are not many BFP's. The percentages look good on the info they send you because they don't treat anyone over 39 so where as my Clinic might not have amazing statistics they treat women in their 50's so the success rates will be lower.

If you need to know anything else about Care in Manchester let me know, To everyone else going through treatment at the Women's I don't mean to worry or dishearten anyone as I know a girl who recently had twins through them but if you read back through this thread at what happened to me you would feel the same xxxxx

hiya hunny, wishing u tonnes of babydust wiv ur cycle! hope u get ur BFP hunny!! +++++++++ xxx

hya grls i have got my follow up appointment on wendsday and i dunno what to say to them i have mr gasvani anyone had hum xx

ttc 7 years
clomid for one year unsuccsesful
1st ivf one egg retrived but did not fertalize

Well ladies because I ws dreading tomorow so much I felt sick at the thought of it so I did what I swore I wouldn't do and POAS and yup you guessed it BFP.

14 days past trigger so do I get a teeny bit excited or still be cautious !!!!

Well ladies because I ws dreading tomorow so much I felt sick at the thought of it so I did what I swore I wouldn't do and POAS and yup you guessed it BFP.

14 days past trigger so do I get a teeny bit excited or still be cautious !!!!

YEY Congratulations!! (I would get very excited)

I'm still being very cautious as I know anything can happen between now and Wednesday but it's just so exciting to see Pregnant for a change. I've been on a few forums and lot's of people get a positive at 9dp3dt so here's hoping xxxxx

You have every right to be exited hun,just take it easy over the next days xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->