IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Becktoria- I am so sorry for your sad loss. I have lost both tubes/babies due to ectopics so i know how heartbreaking these things are. Just so unfair. I have no kids but pray i do one day soon. Keep strong. I know so hard. Your angel will watch over you.
IVF at the womens is around £4500 per cycle, more if its ICSI you need. We have used our 2 nhs cycles an both failed so praying we get granted additional funding for one more cycle an that we will be 3rd time lucky. Its a emotional rollercoaster. Big hugs xxx

Hi Becktoria, sorry to hear why you've joined us.
I am in the same boat I've got no tubes and also don't qualify for NHS as my OH already has kids. I paid private for my 1st 2 cycles at the women's depending on what drugs you need and whether you use ICSI or not it cost us between 4500 and 5000 grand.

I wasn't happy with the women's so I have moved to care in Manchester, I did an egg share cycle which cost just under 2 grand but if you don't need ICSI it would cost less than a grand. We decided not to egg share again as my egg reserve is low so just not enough to be giving away unfortunately but as a last resort I would defo do it again.

Good luck TTC# 2 xxxx

How are we all ladies - gone very quiet on this thread the last few days.

Everyone ok?

Xx

Hello everyone!!!!

MrsE; how Is your father? Hope he's back at home & well x x Not long to go until the scan now, I suppose your watching the clock - hehehe x Have you had anymore symptoms?

AFM; pregnancy symptoms going well so far, sore boobies & nipples, can't stand the shower even on them! Shooting pains In the thighs & abdomen & also some mild cramping.... Some nausea x

Hi Sharkey - afraid my dad is still in hosp hopefully out later this week fingers crossed. Nope lunchtime tomorrow is our scan so both afraid and excited! Symptoms are not bad actually - really tired more than previous weeks, eating lots, boob are a little sore but gone darker in middle. Getting the odd days of pains and twinges. All in all I'm doing good just hope we have a miracle in there when we go tomorrow - I keep saying to myself that I've not had any bleeding so no reason why we don't have a flump in there but hormones are making me irrational!!

You sound like you're doing well though how long til your scan?

:hugs: becktoria so sorry for what you've been through :hugs:

MrsE will keep everything crossed for you and I'm sure all will be fine. It's natural to worry, I was the same, no bleeding but convinced something would be wrong, it's a bizzare human trait to always think bad things are going to happen, must be a self preservation thing or something but the odds of everything being good are far higher. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful scan, it's an amazing thing to see the little hearbeat (or possible heartbeats in your case :yipee:)

will be waiting for your update :thumbup: & hopefully your dad will be out of hosp soon too xxx :hugs:

MrsE; thought I would quickly come on here (currently working) and to wish you the very best of luck for your scan today...... I am hoping you get to hear two lovely heartbeats and everything goes brilliantly for you.......:kiss: It's so exciting and I am getting excited over you.....:haha:

Lisa; hope everything Is okay with you and bubba :kiss:

Hope all the other girls keeping well :kiss:

AFM: My scan wont be until another 13 days but It will soon be here :happydance:

Bad news - looks like I've miscarried plus they are worried about eptopic cos they can't see the other embryo. Had bloods done and got to go back on saturday for more bloods then poss another scan.

We're obviously devastated :(

I'm so sorry MrsE stay strong, you've come so far and I'm sure things will work out for you xxxx

Oh no MrsE :sad2: I am so so sorry, I have no words that will help but I will be thinking of you :hugs: :sadangel:

xxxx

MrsE; I truly don't know what to say other than I am here for you If you need to talk :hugs: :cry:

Becktoria: really sorry to hear about your rubbish year ! I hope this year will bring you some joy

MrsE: sorry to hear your news fx there is still a little fighter in there!

Hi to everyone else x

MrsE I am so very sorry to hear your news, I am thinking of you and your OH. big hugs :hugs: xx

Hi MrsE...... I'm so sorry. I'm just praying for you that there is a little hidden one there for you that just didn't want to be seen today.
Thinking of you xxx

I am so sorry MrsE. I know no words make a difference but in time things will seem more hopeful after you have given yourself time to grieve xxx

Mrse I am so sorry to hear your news. Nothing can make you feel better. You need to grieve. Its so difficult after all you have been through and the joy you have felt. Sending you lots I love and hugs.

Becktoria- so sorry to hear of your loss. We all understand how you are feeling and all encourage each other to try and get what we all desperately want.

Lindy can I ask you a question ? We have got our appointment on the 12 th June .... I was just wondering what happens ? Do they tell you when transfer will be etc? I'm just not sure how you get to transfer stage again .... Will I have to do any more injections ? Xx

Hi jules , how are you doing? At my FU he basically went through everything. Starting with all the pre IVF tests then went through how I responded to the ivf and what needs changing. He said because I was borderline OHSS they would keep the dose the same but keep an eye on me. He then said before I could start injections again I had to have 3 bleeds ( miscarriage counts as first) So on day 1 of the third I ring through and start long protocol roller coaster again!
When they said I may have to postpone transfer and have FET the nurse said I would have to wait 3 bleeds then do down regulating again. She said they then thicken your womb up ( sure she said progesterone but not sure) and transfer when lining is thick enough. Hope that helps.
Hope you are all doing ok ?

Lindy - thats really helpful, perfect thank you . So I'm probably looking at end July then when it's all over as I've bad bleed no. 1 already! Just want it to start now, I've spent weeks getting better and feeling so down, but I'm ready now :)

AQ - we are at 3pm !! So will miss you !! What a shame :(. How are you feeling about your appt?

MrsE.... Hope your ok. Been thinking of you xxx

Sharkey, how are you feeling ?

Hi to everyone else :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back