IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hi all, sorry I've been offline but ended up with pains on Sunday so went to women's a&e and they kept me in overnight with nil by mouth. Yesterday morning a doc came to see me, they did another hcg test so now had 3 all static around the same level so suggests an eptopic. So they've gone with conservative management - back again in thurs for more bloods and another scan - if levels go up then will prob have to have op but they are hoping cos my levels are quite low that nature will take its course.

Not really sure what to think - I just done want my tube removed if tere is a chance that it will happen naturally. So came home last night had a hot bath (not had one since transfer), a couple of glasses of amaretto on ice and going to have spicy food see if any other these things will help - any other suggestions on how I can help nature on this one?

May go to my Accupuncture lady see if anythin she can do to help

Xx

MrsE; Im truly sorry that you have to go through this, I would'nt wish It on anyone..... One of the hardest things that Iv'e ever been through..... The only time they will remove the fallopian tube Is If It's ruptured and not before then or If It Is badly scarred but they would need your consent... I thought that they would of given or atleast talked to you about methotrexate by now and not to dive head In to do an op? Sounds extreme to me!! Have they actually located the ectopic yet?

Unfortunately I dont think there Is anything you can do personally other than to take each day as It comes..... Will be hoping that your HCG level will of come down by Thursday :hugs:

With myself the tube had ruptured and had to be removed at 13wks.... I did'nt have a clue what was going on other than I was being wheeled In for emergency laparotomy to save my life basically...... As they have caught yours quite early I doubt It will get to that stage as they are monitoring you very closely :hugs:

Hello to everyone :kiss:

His Sharkey they did talk to me about metha but not an option cos you can't conceive for 3-6 months afterwards so no way I'm doing that.

Got Accupuncture booked for Friday there are points they can do to bein on contractions to assist with miscarriage so will give that a go.

X

Hi MrsE it was the same with me but I was advised to have both tubes removed as one had the ectopic in although they couldn't confirm that until they operated and the other tube was badly damaged and had a hydro so going forward they advised an ectopic could happen again coz my tubes were fucked !!!

If there is a chance that they can save your tubes go with it coz to not be able to conceive naturally at all is devastating.

I know you say you don't want to go through the chemical way but if it saves your tube and tbh you might need more time to recover. My consultant wouldn'tvlet me have another round after having my tubes removed for 6 months xxx

It's really shitty and I'm so sorry you have to go through it xxxx

Mrse I'm so sorry , it's awful what you are going through. Peronally I would go for the chemical because like bugs said at least if you keep your tube there is a chance of natural little miracle. Your emotions are everywhere at the moment and although what I went through is not as difficult as where you are now, I felt like I wanted to start if straight away but now I realise how much it took out of me and I needed the time to recover emotionally and physically. I was in no state to do it again. Hopefully nature takes its course for you and even the acupuncture gives nature a kick. Drink wine, have takeaways, lon soaks in the bath... bollocks to being good! Sending you love and hugs.

Hi girls the problem with the chemical is that it's hit and miss if it works and often not everything comes away so they would then have to remove my tube anyway. There is no talk of both tubes being removed but will know more after my more detailed scan on Thursday and after bloods done.

Just a horrific nightmare that feels like it won't end at the moment. I'm sure one day it will get better but spending the next couple I weeks drinking, eating spicy food, pineapple - everything they say to stay away from pregnant to see if that helps! Also OH and I are going to have a childish day out at Alton towers see if the rides help convince my embryo to come out! Xx

MrsE please be careful though if it is ectopic you risk it rupturing and that can be really dangerous, once they diagnosed a possible ectopic they wouldn't let me leave the hospital and I had the Op the same day. I was also getting shocking pains I got really poorly really quickly so as much as you want to take your mind of things you need to take it easy and let your OH look after you xxxx

Hi ladies - had my scan today and they couldn't see an eptopic pregnancy however they want me to go back next week for another scan. However the sac that last week they could see which was empty and small this week has doubled in size and has a yoke and a small foetal pole!!! But they told us that it's still smaller than they would have liked so poss I may lose it and to not get carried away but they will do a scan next week to compare and see if it continues to grow. So right now im still in limbo land however we have a glimmer of hope so need to continue saying my prayers and hoping with all my heart.

My emotions are all over the place right now and not sure what to believe or think xx

OMG MrsE. I don't know what to say... You must be going through a complete rollercoaster of emotions, big hugs. I'll be keeping everything totally crossed for you

:hugs:

:dust: :dust: :dust:

xxx

Mrse let's hope there is a little one hanging on in there. Sending you hugs. Xxx

Miracles can and do happen MrsE. Fingers crossed for you and i am so glad its not ectopic as after suffering 2 and losing both tubes i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy xxx

MrsE thinking of you and praying for a miracle :hugs: When is your scan? The wait must be torture for you, really hoping it's good news xx

Sharkey how are you feeling and when is your scan?

Hello to everyone else xx

Hi Susie - my scan is on Thursday an yes it's been a horrible couple of weeks - no idea how it's going to turn out on Thursday but feel so helpless cos there is absolutely nothing I can do now. I don't have many symptoms so I'm not holding out much hope but then again I didn't really have symptoms last week just the twinges and pains either side and it had grown so who knows. Just hope and pray to god that it's had a growth spurt and we are all ok FX!!! Xxx

Now have our first appointment in Liverpool in 5 weeks time! So pleased its has finally come through. We have had all our investiagation done at Chester and now as live in Wales cone under Liverpool. I have lost 2 stone so funding now all ok to. All tests ok with me, hubby had low count of around 7mill but only done 2 samples. Testi scan clear but his bloods show he has an unbalance chromosome so icsi Best for us with extra genetic testing needed. As an unbalanced pregnancy is a big risk.

Susie: I am feeling brilliant, Thank You :kiss: How about you and the little one??

MrsE: Hope all turns out okay for you!! :kiss:

AFM: I havent been on here much as I wanted to stay as positive as I could with everything that's going on..... Well we had our scan first thing this morning and It went brilliantly, the little one Is measuring as It should for this stage (7wks which Is today based on OTD so need to change my ticker) and the most Important thing Is that we saw the heart beating :happydance: Both of us were :cry: hysterically when we saw our bean on screen as I was convinced It was In my damaged left tube as Ive been having left sided pains for the last couple of weeks which I thought was another ectopic also LWH were concerned about It but It just turned out to be a cyst on the left ovary which In the next couple of weeks will disappear or go down In size :thumbup: I am now discharged from the womens and now back with our GP, got my first midwife appointment next week :haha: I honestly still cant believe that this Is actually happening to us..... :kiss:

I would like to wish every single one of you the best of luck with your up n coming treatment and wish every success and sending you all some baby :dust:

Hello to everyone :kiss:

Wow Sharkey that's great news, so pleased for you. :baby: What I would say is try and enjoy the pregnancy, I spent most of it worrying about what could go wrong and now I wish I had taken time to enjoy it a bit. Am doing ok, it's such a shock having a baby but I wouldn't change it and feel blessed every day. Also I would say rest rest rest as it will be your last chance!! Also stay away from google, ha ha. Good luck xxx

Hi to everyone else. MrsE will be thinking of you tomorrow :hugs: x

Oh sharkey that's wonderful news :yipee: so pleased for you :hugs:
MrsE I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Hope all goes well. Lots of :hugs: & :dust:

xxx

Hi ladies

Sharkey - great news and I'm thrilled for you just hope to god I get some good news tomorrow myself.

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and baby dust I really appreciate it. I called the hosp on Mon to get my hcg an progesterone results from last thurs and hcg has gone up from 350 to 377 but not doubled however my progesterone is 44.6 which the nurse said suggests an ongoing pregnancy so I've no idea what's going on or why my hcg is not doubling and what effect that would have if it doesn't. So got lots of questions tomorrow I can tell you. So far this pregnancy has not been the happy experience I always thought it would be!!

Keep you posted tomorrow scan at 1pm xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->