IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Sorry- I posted and then a load of other posts appeared !

Mrse- it's so hard when you see people having babies and they don't seem to care. I remember at my FU them saying they understood how I would do anything to get pregnant and if they could guarantee I would get pregnant if I donated a kidney they bet that I'd consider it for I second or two. Bollocks!! I was thinking I'd sign on the dotted line straight away!!!

AQ- hope you are doing ok. Are you still thinking of the HC ?

Joanne- don't know much about short protocol. I did long and they recommended long for 2nd go because it worked well first go.

Jlhi to lickle, jules, susie del, and everybody else. Melbram how's stuff?

Im good thanks Lindy just waiting for my FU on the 18th September x Not sure whether to delay starting next cycle until the new year mainly due to the fact I want to use the IMSI and travel costs etc - Is there every a good time to start with preparing your body etc? the longer the better or get back staight away?

Melbram- I think giving your body and mind a break is a good thing and if you start in the new year we can be cycle buddies ;-) Good luck for FU xxx

Thanks Africa: so sorry to hear about your doggie :cry: they really do become a huge part of your life

Sharkey: im well thanks glad to hear you and baby bump are doing well x

good luck for EC Gems :)

HI to everyone else ...lots going on here I cant keep up ;)

Thanks Melbram. They really do dont they :( very sad but if she does have to be put to sleep i believe my mum will be waiting for her xxx

AQ - I'm really sorry about your family dog. In January this year, our cat was shot by some little shit. Thankfully it was a pellet gun and she was alright, but I remember at the time how devestated I was in case she didnt pull through. I do treat her as the baby of our family - she has set up camp in my spare room were my sister stays over - having the single bed to herself despite her basket being out! :) Thoughts are with you, one of the hardest things you can ever do. They're not just pets but part of our families.

Jules, did my trigger about 10 mins ago. In HC at 7:30 friday morning! :S Nurse on the phone said I couldnt drink after 6 am and I replied oh well doubt I'd be up only to find out I'm needed there an hour later - eek! Did you take any time off after transfer? I'm debating about doing it short notice - work seems ok with that at the moment. Are you managing to relax? I'd be so excited in your position I'd have to stop myself bouncing of the ceiling!

Melbram - I think rest would be a good thing. I dont think that kind of stress before Christmas would be a good thing - theres enough going on at that time of year as it is - besides you could both treat it as your last one as a couple and then next year its your first as a family!!

Del - you still around? Wondering how you were doing?

Hope everyone is ok, feeling a bit icky following my trigger shot so hubby is pampering me and has proped me up in bed to watch some tv!

x x x

Thanks Gemz. Just hoping she makes a recovery somehow and gets another few mths of health at least but unlikely. We have lost 3 other dogs and so sad each time... yay for trigger shot and best of luck for fri! I felt fine after my trigger. Didnt have much effect with any of the meds i took luckily other than the drug i was given called cetrotide which was like a oil and stung quite a bit when i first started injecting it. Yuck xxx

Oh AQ I am so sorry about your dog. I am animal mad do totally understand how heartbreaking it is to see them suffer and make such a difficult decision. We lost our Lucy after 16 years and it was devastating, especially because she was my mums companion. Try and take comfort in the wonderful life you have all given her and all the joy she has brought to you. Will pray for you tomorrow. Much love. Xxxx

Melbram- I got told it takes 90 days for the egg to mature ready to release so take 3 months to prepare yourself. That's what my acupuncture man said.

Good luck Likkle. Xxx

Likkle- I needed a couple of days off after EC and took a week after transfer but did plan to take 2 weeks for cycle 2. Xx

hi all

just a quick question for ladies taking dhea. where did you get yours from and what dosage are you taking? are you also taking co enzyme q10? i am considering taking it as been reading lots of women have had improved fertilization with it. what side effects has it given you? x x x

Cvaeh - I took DHEA for my 1st cycle and I'm currently taking it for my 2nd. I got mine from website called Biovea - was given to me by Dr Russell and I take 25mg 3 x per day for 3 months upto EC. I'm not taking q10 in addition just multivitamin and folice acid.

Regarding the side effects - personal experience is hair going greasy at roots but very dry at ends and hairloss. Now not big clips or anything but when you brush my hair I certainly notice easily double the amount of hairs falling out. Plus I personally think it gives me more spots. To be honest it's not bad and if I had to do it (pls god I don't have to do another cycle) then I would. 1st time I was only on it for 7 weeks prior to EC but this time I will be the full 3 months so we'll see if it does the trick!

Good luck x

Evening all

Well I'm just under 12 hours to egg collection and im a bit of a wreck! How did you all cope? Maybe it's because it's our first attempt that's making it worse, or it could be our bad experiences in other departments that's making it worse. I'm not really sure but I think I'm trying to normalise the whole process of IVF if that makes sense! I said before to DH if we'd be able to get pregnant in the 'normal' way I'd have a pamper session before sex, legs, hair etc so that's what I've been doing this evening!

How did you cope your first attempt the night before egg collection?

sorry hadn't read your post gemz.
i am always nervous before collection, more about the fertilization report the next day rather than the process as the procedure is nothing to worry about at all. we tried to get an early night before egg collection and before the report the next day we watched films etc. fingers crossed you will get lots of nice eggs x x

Afm- i have had a reply from a clinic in Belgium who say they can do a test to see if its a sperm or egg problem by testing husbands sperm on mouse eggs. if it turns out to be sperm they can activate the egg as they inject the sperm. they have had some success if the other way round but chances are lower if its an egg problem. i am really considering dhea to improve my egg quality but will see what they say first.

me and my mum went shopping today and quite by chance parked behind a car with a sticker on saying miracles do happen, so still have a glimmer of hope for our tiny embie x x x

Gemz - to be honest I can't remember what I was like the night before. I think every step of the IVF process is nerve racking to be honest and doesn't get any better 2nd time round!!

Cvaeh - good news thy can do the tests for you. I know AQ is taking DHEA for her next cycle too so perhaps that will help you make up your mind.

Afm - got what I hope to be my last period for the next 10 months today so should be ok for my baseline scan on Thursday and hopefully start stimm on Thursday night too and then we're on the starting blocks! Just pray very hard that this cycle works and sticks. Off for my injections soon and then bed cos I'm knackered all the time. Nightie, night xx

Evening all.... Hope everyone is doing ok x
Lots of luck gemz for tomorrow... Will be thinking of you, anything that is unknown makes us anxious. Think of the fairies as you drift off to sleep!
Cvaeh.....miracles do happen, it took my sister 7 years to have my gorgeous nephew, he is like a little angel!
Nite all.... I knackered too, must be having sympathy symptoms with you all!
Love j x

Thx all! I'm trying not to get worked up but can't help it! Destress is the key!!

Going to try and get some sleep will let you know how I get on, HC said I should be home by 10

Likkle- I admit I was a mess before EC. I was frightened all the way through and the night before I was so stressed. My BP was high when I went in and my eyes kept filling up. Having not been through it before I was basically just frightened of it all. BUT I seriously would not be worried again. The gas man was so lovely puttin me at ease and as I came around all I kept saying was thank you for looking after me exhaust I was so relieved and they were so lovely. My tummy felt a bit edgy and i was tired (more due to not sleeping probably) like period cramps but I only needed 1 paracetamol. It was seriously fine. I would not lose sleep over it again and the girls are right- the thing to focus on is gettin the healthy eggs and good fertilisation report. Try not to get too worked up, it really is ok. Good luck, love and hugs. Xxxx

Girls quick one still groggy egg collection was ok! We got 9 eggs!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->