IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hello everyone... Sorry I've been AWOL for a good few days ....Been away, new computer etc etc.
So had a lot of catching up to do last night, so much going on in one week!!
Hi Cvaeh...don't think we have said hi yet! Will be saying a little prayer for u x
Hi Jules too... Wishing you lots of luck too.
And hi MrsE too, don't think we have ever said hi either!
Not forgetting AQ and everyone else!
Gems hope you're doing ok.....I've got all this to come. Still at the excited stage now!!!
So I'm booked in for catheter test and drug appointment 12th sept, but think my day 1 will be only a day or 2 after that so hope it's not cutting it too fine. That was the next appointment they had free so praying I don't start bleeding even earlier than normal!
I'm doing the short protocol apparently....because of my low APH, they said it only takes 2 weeks is that right? Anyone got any views if the short cycle works as well as the normal longer one?? And what are the side effects like? Thank u!
Love J x

Sorry- I posted and then a load of other posts appeared !

Mrse- it's so hard when you see people having babies and they don't seem to care. I remember at my FU them saying they understood how I would do anything to get pregnant and if they could guarantee I would get pregnant if I donated a kidney they bet that I'd consider it for I second or two. Bollocks!! I was thinking I'd sign on the dotted line straight away!!!

AQ- hope you are doing ok. Are you still thinking of the HC ?

Joanne- don't know much about short protocol. I did long and they recommended long for 2nd go because it worked well first go.

Jlhi to lickle, jules, susie del, and everybody else. Melbram how's stuff?

Joanne - what is APH do you mean AMH? Cos I've got zero AMH and they suggested long protocol for me and that's what we're doing again cos it worked we had a mc though. X

Sorry yep AMH!! I just assumed as I'm not going to make many eggs, they r just giving me the milder one as no need to try and get any more as it just won't happen. I've just done a bit of reading and sounds like pros for both so think im comfortable with it now. J x

Hello everyone :flower:

Thought I would quickly pop on here to say hi to you all :wave: Apologies for not being on here much, so much been going on x

There's so much activity on this thread at the moment I am finding It difficult to digest It all, baby brain :haha:

AQ, I'm sorry to here about the PCT's decision, all good & well taking your taxes but cannot give the one thing that you both deserve (shocking) x x You have one of a kind father there with his awesome gesture, treasure him honey x x

MrsE, hope this will be another BFP for you both, will be praying that you have plenty of eggs..x When Is your first baseline? x x

Jules, good luck In the 2ww....x Crossing everything for you!! When I was In the 2ww I couldn't help myself to test early, word of advice If you are then make sure the trigger Is out fully x x

Melbram, how are you? x x

Lindy, how's the pregnancy going for you? x x

Hello to Susie, Lisa, Del and all the newbies x x

AFM, we had our 20wk scan last week :) everything looked good according to the sonographer but the little blighter was being awkward again so have to go back to make sure everything's In place next week. Saw our consultant couple of days later due to our previous losses & having been through IVF, did the routine urine test that's required & It came back with traces of blood & glucose In It so we have to have a 22wk, 28wk & 34wk scans now to check on the growth etc I'm crossing everything that I don't develop gestational diabetes.... Midwife will be doing a GTT on me at 28wks...x x

hi joanne

i have done both long and short protocol. they both seemed to produce the same numbers of eggs but more mature eggs on short protocol.i have amh of 4.9. the short protocol is a lot less stressful and lots quicker. i am hoping to try a completely different protocol next time if i need it.

i will always have a glimmer of hope for this cycle but really i have to accept that it probably wont be the one. i have been doing lots of research to try and find out if its egg or sperm. apparently if your egg doesn't mature properly the a cytoplasm doesn't form properly so can't activate the process. i have also been looking into sperm activation. i have been in contact with another lady in similar position to us who is having treatment in Belgium. i have e mailed a professor at her hospital with a view to going over there at half term to get dhs sperm tested to rule that out.

jules- not long now to wait.

hi to everyone x x x

Hey cvaeh how you feeling now?

Quick question I was wondering, how long a stimulation did you all go through? Im on 13 days and counting just read that this could be a problem as it can over-cook the folliciles! Is this true? I'm having a final mad panic before scan tomorrow morning! Hopefully well be able to start the next part of our journey!

Hey to everyone else! X x x x

Joanne- Our 1st cycle was long protocol on 3 amps of stimms and we only got 2 eggs-1 embie. Before our 2nd cycle they did my AMH test and it was 2.5 so they opted for short protocol with 6 amps of stimms and we got 6 mature eggs but sadly just 1 embie again due to fertilization issue with my eggs, hence next cycle will be ICSI (which tbh our 2nd cycle should of been) so just praying we end up with some ICSI pixies next cycle :)

Sharkey- Thank you. We are going to fight the decision until we get our 3rd cycle or exhaust every way of getting it :) Glad all went well with your scan. Bet you still cannot believe it! x

Cvaeh- I still have everything crossed for you and pray this tiny lil embie is fighting in there. pma pma pma x

Africa - we still say a prayer every night for a miracle but we are trying to think of other options though as everything seems to take so long with ivf. depending on what we decide to do we could end up cycle buddies again.

Gemz- i stimmed for a 9days and then 12 days on the rest. i was actually hoping to stim longer as feel i have some sort of egg maturation problem. they told me that they start to get over mature when they reach 27mm. the doctors know what they are doing.

my husband has gone back to work today so the ivf bubble is broken and we have to try and get on with things x x x x

Cvaeh chin up sweetie! It'll happen for you and your in my prayers!

Thank for the information AQ really helpful

Waiting for what I hope my final ultrasound scan today, with any luck egg collection will be Friday!!

Cvah- keep praying for your miracle. Xx

Sharkey- good to see you! Are you feeling ok xx

AQ- fight fight fight your corner! Sadly if you don't it is easier for pct to ignore and forget you. Have you contacted your mp yet?

Hi Sharkey - nice to hear from you gosh I would have been a week ahead of you if my embie had held on all very sad. But here we are on the next cycle and think the ET will be my birthday weekend what a present that would be!! Glad your doing well x

I'm confused now cos I've got zero AMH and was told to do LP cos SP generally gets 1 less egg per cycle which is not a problem if you get lots of eggs so I'm on LP again this time. Have you been told that SP is better for egg quality or something? I wish HC would get their stories straight!! So annoying

Sorry Mrse75 this is my first cycle so I don't really know

Good news from me at last! Had scan this morning and there was 10 follicles all over 15mm largest one was 22mm egg collection is scheduled for Friday! So excited and nervous!

Lindy: I'm feeling great even though I am In pain with PGP, off to see the midwife later today.... Cant really complain considering we are blessed with this miracle :cloud9: How are you? Any pains or discomfort? x x

MrsE75: Me personally I would stick with the LP as before, yourself & I suprised the HC staff with the amount of eggs we had so dont change a thing hun... Will you be doing the Embryscope again? x x

Gemz that's great news ! Now relax for Friday!
Sharkey.... Hope your doing good!
Hi to everyone else.....

I promise not to do this every day but today (5dpt 5day)... I have felt crampy and this afternoon I was so nauseous. I still feel it now. But I've got butterflies too in my stomach! I wish i had a camera to see what was going on in there! Imso tired too. Did anyone else get that? It's prob totally normal I suppose xx

Julie's what we go through us emotionally and physically exhausting. Relax. Slob out and take it easy.

Sharkey- few aches and pains and get tired easily but no sicknesss. I cannot moan at any symptom because I know how luckly I am. A girl here is 4 weeks behind me an moans constantly. It is so annoying because she is so blessed.

Love to all xx

Thanks everyone for your comments....it's nice to hear things in simple language!!
Gemz...thats great news : ) bet you cant wait for fri x
Hi to everyone xx

Gemz that's great news. sounds like you have some lovely mature follicles. what time do you have to take your trigger?

hi to all, hope that everyone has had a good day x x

MrsE- With my low AMH and poor result from first cycle we were asked did we want to do long or short protocol on max amps of stimms and when i asked the difference they said probs not a huge difference re protocol but they do generally see slightly better results with SP so we opted for that and got 4 more eggs than 1st cycle but i would say the 6 amps had a lot to do with it. I just didnt see the point of a mth of jabs for the same/similar outcome that 2wks of jabs would bring. Good luck x

Jules- You symptom spot all you like! that's what we are here for and nobody understand this better than us ;-) x

Cvaeh- Hoping this lil one is your miracle but if not i would love u as my cycle buddy x

Lindy- Wow 17wks already! and yep i emailed our MP 2 days ago and waiting for response :) i wont give up for what i believe in x

Sharkey- Glad all well with you x

Sad times here. Our dog Holly(who lives with my dad) is very poorly and we are taking her the vet tomorrow with a view to having her put to sleep as she is 15 and we don't want her to suffer. She has been with us from when i was 17 and will miss her so much and she has been such company for my dad since my mum died so my dad is very upset, which i hate to see as been enough sadness. DH and i are going away for a long wkend on fri too which is such bad timing in one way but a welcome break in another xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->