IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Gemz - that's a great crop I only got 4 eggs last time so I'm sure you will get a couple of good ones in there! Now you have the wait for the call tomorrow try and get some sleep tonight! X

Hi everyone!

I joined this set a while ago and read ALL the time. I hope everyoneis well and I'm looking forward to hearing some good news on here,

AFM I've been stimming since the 23rd and had another scan today and I'm I bit upset because I have over 50 follicles and they have said that I'm unlikely to have a fresh transfer. I'm having my EC on Monday. This happened to me last time so i thought they would have known what to do. I had my first scan on Tuesday and had over 20 then but they still kept me on the same dose even when they knew I over reacted last time. I feel like they don't listen to the individual and class everyone's case as the same. I need some advice please on what do to up my chances of a fresh transfer!

Thanks guys xxxxxxx

Nababel - I can't really offer advice cos I have the opposite prob of not many eggs on 6amp of Stimms so not really sure what to suggest but I know people on here who have overstimmulated basically have the eggs frozen and then wait a month or two I think and then have a frozen egg transfer so that's prob what they will do. Don't worry though you are sure to have some good eggs in there xx

Sorry I can't be more help but didn't want to read and run x

Well done Gems fx you get some good embies :)

Nabel: what meds are you on? I have apprx 30 follies but still got to fresh transfer although I had overstimulated and what poorly for a little while - I had 30 on both scans though I cant believe you have had even more grow in between! are you NHS or private?

Thanks girls! Been in a hit of discomfort most of the day and the paracetamol just wasn't working so I'm taking codine now (have checked it's ok) am sooo bloated!

Nababel - wow! I didn't even realise that many folliciles was possible! How are you doing? Do you feel really bloated and uncomfortable? Have they said that they would like to abandon treatment? A friend of mine has PCOS and she had a similar response and had 37 folliciles and they abandoned the cycle. Have you seen the doctor rather than the nurses?

Nababel - I can't really offer advice cos I have the opposite prob of not many eggs on 6amp of Stimms so not really sure what to suggest but I know people on here who have overstimmulated basically have the eggs frozen and then wait a month or two I think and then have a frozen egg transfer so that's prob what they will do. Don't worry though you are sure to have some good eggs in there xx

Sorry I can't be more help but didn't want to read and run x

Hi mrse75,

I over stimulated last time and had to have a frozen transfer but we waiting about a year. I just thought they might have had a better understanding this time round about how I would respond.

Thanks for replying xxx

Nabel: what meds are you on? I have apprx 30 follies but still got to fresh transfer although I had overstimulated and what poorly for a little while - I had 30 on both scans though I cant believe you have had even more grow in between! are you NHS or private?

Hi melbram,

I'm on menopur 2 amps this time. Last time I was on three. I really hope I get to have a fresh transfer this time but they said its unlikely :cry:

I know I didn't agree with carrying on with the same dose from Tuesday but they said I had too!! I'm private as already have a child from a previous relationship (sadly I lost by partner when I was 6 months pregnant)

Thanks for replying xxx

Thanks girls! Been in a hit of discomfort most of the day and the paracetamol just wasn't working so I'm taking codine now (have checked it's ok) am sooo bloated!

Nababel - wow! I didn't even realise that many folliciles was possible! How are you doing? Do you feel really bloated and uncomfortable? Have they said that they would like to abandon treatment? A friend of mine has PCOS and she had a similar response and had 37 folliciles and they abandoned the cycle. Have you seen the doctor rather than the nurses?

Hi likklegemz,

Hope you are feeling better now with the codine.

I'm doing well to be honest just feels like really bad period pains. Hurts when I'm standing too long as well. Yes I'm very bloated. They said I have no fluid so that's good I suppose. No it was a nurse but I had to have my bloods done at both scans and they said the doctor checked them out and said they are fine.

Thanks for replying xxx

Nababel that's quite a reaction from a small dose! I had hardly anything and thy upped me to 5!

What's the cause of your infertility hun if you don't mind me asking? Are toundrinkingnenty of water? My friend drank 3'liters per day to help combat it

Hi all.....
Sorry I've had no Internet for a few days!

Gemz..... 9 is fab! When I over stimulated I had about 57 follies and they got 11 eggs from that. So you did really well. I was in pain anyway from OHSS and the ec didn't help one bit! But just rest and take it easy! All the hard work is done now. Just wait for the phone call in the morning, it will be fine.

Nabel.... Welcome :) as I said above, I over stimulated too but my transfer got cancelled. This was in April and my 6 embryos got frozen. I had to wait a few months and I'm now in the2ww.... My transfer was last Friday. When I was stimming I was only on 2 amps and when we had our follow up after the cancelled transfer, I asked what would happen if I had to go through another cycle. They said that there would be a meeting to discuss my best treatment so really I don't know the answer. I can only hope I don't have to do it again because I found it a horrible experience. Maybe arrange a meeting to discuss why they think it's happen again ? You do need some answers with it happening before. Good luck xxx

Nababel that's quite a reaction from a small dose! I had hardly anything and thy upped me to 5!

What's the cause of your infertility hun if you don't mind me asking? Are toundrinkingnenty of water? My friend drank 3'liters per day to help combat it

My husband has azoospermia so we need to have icsi. I'm drinking about that myself and hope it controls it.

Hi all.....
Sorry I've had no Internet for a few days!

Gemz..... 9 is fab! When I over stimulated I had about 57 follies and they got 11 eggs from that. So you did really well. I was in pain anyway from OHSS and the ec didn't help one bit! But just rest and take it easy! All the hard work is done now. Just wait for the phone call in the morning, it will be fine.

Nabel.... Welcome :) as I said above, I over stimulated too but my transfer got cancelled. This was in April and my 6 embryos got frozen. I had to wait a few months and I'm now in the2ww.... My transfer was last Friday. When I was stimming I was only on 2 amps and when we had our follow up after the cancelled transfer, I asked what would happen if I had to go through another cycle. They said that there would be a meeting to discuss my best treatment so really I don't know the answer. I can only hope I don't have to do it again
because I found it a horrible experience. Maybe arrange a meeting to discuss why they think it's happen again ? You do need some answers with it happening before. Good luck xxx

Hi jules78,

That what happened to me on my last cycle about 5/6 years ago. I can't remember how many follicles I got last time either! When I had my FU they were going to keep me on the same dose and I had to ask them if I should reduce it next time.

Oooooo good luck on your 2ww I have everything crossed for you. How you feeling?

It's worrying that they kept you on same dose especially after what happened last time. But I guess they must know what they are doing, but then why has it happened again? It's so frustrating, but having been thru it once, I can completely understand your frustrations.
I'm ok thanks! This is the most intense week! My test date is Tuesday, only 10 days, because we had a blastocyst. I know I am going to cave In and test before Tuesday, I think Sunday! Husband has said ok, he was determined to wait to Tuesday but I said he an watch the match on Sunday if I can test lol!! It was a winner!! He has been so good, we are both so excited but very nervous of it not working. Had a lot of pains and cramps yesterday and today lower back ache and loose bowels!!! Sorry for too much info!!! Xx

Naebel- hi and good luck! Lots of isotonic fluid helps prevent OHSS so keep getting them down you. Xx

Hi Jules ,

Glad your doing ok on yor 2ww! I'm so anxious and nervous for the results tomorrow! Don't worry it's not TMI useful to know as I'm only a fortnight behind you! :) what's the process of testing? Are you going to the women's or doing it at home? I'd be really anxious about home test kit mainly incase it gave a false result? I think I want to have it confirmed at the women's but am petrified if after all this hard work so far it's a negative

Hey thats life thou!

Nababel, I'm sorry I don't know what else to suggest! Water and rest I'm afraid! I know it's no consolation but the doctors do know what's best. Are they all small at the moment? Maybe you have lots of immature ones that won't grow and only half make it so you'll be ok for a fresh transfer? Sorry if that's wrong but I'm still getting to grips with this whole IVF journey and it's terms! Never thought we'd find ourselves in this position

Hope everyone is ok

Big hugs gem x x x

Gem.... After our transfer they just tell you to do a home test on official test day then you ring up and that's it. They basically trust the home tests. They recommend clear blue digital ( which are on offer in boots 2 for 9.99!!) but any test would do I guess. Then after about 3 weeks they said you come in for a scan as that's the 1 st time heartbeat can be detected. I thought I would have to go in for bloods but they said no! Xx

Thanks Jules

Just worried about a home test! After last time, we had a positive test in December last year and then period came 4 days later! I'd done three tests (all clearblue digital ones which gave the weeks pregnant) I don't know if I could do that again

Do you still have to use the pessaries after till test day? What happens if your pregnant do you still have to keep using them?

Hi melbram,

I'm on menopur 2 amps this time. Last time I was on three. I really hope I get to have a fresh transfer this time but they said its unlikely :cry:

I know I didn't agree with carrying on with the same dose from Tuesday but they said I had too!! I'm private as already have a child from a previous relationship (sadly I lost by partner when I was 6 months pregnant)

Thanks for replying xxx

Oh Nababel Im so sorry to hear about your previous partner.

You must be so frustrated with it being privately funded its bad enough when its NHS. I was on two amps my first time and got 19 eggs. They said anything close to 20 eggs it risk of OHSS but as long as I felt ok at the time I could go ahead with fresh transfer. Perhaps if you dont have over 20 eggs they will let you go ahead? just keep drinking lots and lots of water x I have everything crossed for ya x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->