IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Gemz - you use pesseries until test day but not after that unless you are on the DOLS trial I think.

Good luck everyone x

Evening everyone.....
Glad to hear you are home safe and sound. Do they put you to sleep with real anesthetic ....and how long for ?? Does it take long to come round, an is your OH allowed in the room....lot of questions sorry!!
Hi Nababel and welcome x
j x

They said if we get a positive then we have to continue with progynova and pessaries til 12 weeks of the pregnancy ! I hate the bloody pessaries! But obvs would not complain if I was pregnant!! Xxx

Joanne- they do put you too sleep but it's more of a strong sedative than under a general. Your only asleep for no more than half hour but feels like days!! OH has to leave room when they start xx I had a camera crew at mine so can't wait to see what happened lol! Xx

Well it was actually only 2 people but they have been with us since the start of our journey right up til my transfer got cancelled. It was for the documentary on the Hewitt centre for the bbc. Think it's on at end of the year but will let you know! X

Felt daft after that! They were with me a few weeks bak but didn't feel comfortable going ahead with it

Ha! Joanne.... They filmed our appointments, did a few interviews... And then the egg collection. They show any of your bits or anything! And I imagine only a small bit will get used. But it was good.... It was very emotional in parts ! The guys were lovely. They have stopped filming now and working on something else but it was a good experience. It's not for everyone but we felt if we could do anything to help people understand IVF better, then we wanted to do it. Many people think its just of mixing a sperm and an egg in a dish and hey presto! They don't see what it puts you both thru.... The emotional journey.... How amazing it is. So yea, that's why we did it xx

Haha! Well be getting autographs soon! Husbands a teacher so he didn't want the grief with school, your very brave Jules!

Back to earlier discussion, damn didn't realise we had to keep using them for that long. You can only start dolls trial once pregnancy is confirmed I thought. Oh well it's worth it for a baby at the end!!!! How are you doing yours? Did you only start them the day after egg collection? Thought that was strange I didn't have to do them today

Still on tender hooks to see how we get on will find out tomorrow though I suppose! Don't know how I'll cope thou!

It was the 'bits' I was wandering about : ) !! It's a great thing to do, I wish I knew more....I'm sure u will help lots of people. Make sure you let us know when its on x

Likke- bum is best for pessaries and is nothing at all. You get side effects but they are easy after all the dr and stimming!!

Thx Lindy good to know :)

Had a restless night, all I could think about was what was happening at the HC! Well phone call should be within the next few hours so I thought I might as well get up!

Gemz - just so you know HC can call anywhere between 9-12 depending on how many EC they had yesterday. I was on a very busy EC day but fortunately I go my call about 10.30am but they were still calling people so don't worry if you don't get a call early doesn't mean anything just they're busy checking eggs and calling people! Good luck but sure you will be fine x

Thanks hun! Keep looking at phone thinking why are you not ringing!!!!

Hope they call earlier thou, mainly because the leaflet they gve me yesterday with instructions for transfer is wron I think!!! I'm being sedated were the letter says I can eat and drink before hand! Was so out of it yesterday never even paid that mug attention to it!

So nervous!!!

Good luck hun, hope it won't be long before they call :hugs:
xxx

So annoyed now! Someone just called but by the time I got to the phone the machine had picked it up! Was a blocked number (HC comes up as blocke when they've called me in the past) might not have been them but am gutted!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->