IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Gemz good luck hun, hope you get some good embies!!

Lisa 35 weeks!!!! Where did the time go??? Are you getting excited?? X

Jules when are you going to test? X

Hi to everyone else xx

Gemz: any news yet?! I feel nervous for you this was the worst part for me - hate the wait!

Still nothing!!!! Trying everything to distract me but nothing's working!!!

If that blocked call I missed was the hospital I'll be gutted as I would have known at 9:30!

Gemz good luck hun, hope you get some good embies!!

Lisa 35 weeks!!!! Where did the time go??? Are you getting excited?? X

Jules when are you going to test? X

Hi to everyone else xx

I know... How scary, no idea where the last 8 months went :shock:

I think I'm still in denial lol, still doesn't feel real at all!
xx

I'd love to be in your position with denial! Hopefully thatll happen soon!!

Still no news - how do they choose who to call first? I was the first one in yesterday for ec so thought I would have heard by now!!

Definitely having a breakdown!

Gemz why don't you ring hc and say you've missed a call? It must be so hard waiting, they rang me about 10 and that was bad enough!

Lisa I was in denial which led me to be packing my hospital bag during labour, not recommended!!! X

Susiesue I caved and called at 11 got thru to the nurses station and it was them that called me not embryologist as wanted to see if I still had any bleeding from yesterday. Said I'd hear from them within half an hour and its been 40 mins! This is so hard, petrified it's bad news and they're just waiting to tell me

If I haven't heard by 12 I'm gonna call them again

Awww gemz I'm sure you'll get there, I didn't mean in denial in a bad way, I just still feel incredibally lucky & having trouble believing it's happened & all will be ok.

I have everything crossed for your update, don't know why it takes them so long to call a few people, they must know you're a nervous wreck... It isn't fair.

Lots of :dust: & :hugs:
xx

Well I had the phone call a bit gutted really.

Of the 9, 8 were mature and fertilised but 4 fertilised abnormally. That leaves us with four! Which is awesome just worried why the others fertilised the way they did

Clinic wants us to have a 3 day transfer rather than blast so am a bit gutted

Emotions all over the place

Gemz 4 fertilised is great it's only takes 1 they always book you in for 3 day transfer and then see how they are going before they decide to go to blast.

I had 4 eggs all mature but only 3 fertilised. Booked in for day 3 transfer, got there undressed the while bit and got told to get dressed again and the embryologist would come to see us. We had to wait 20 mins for someone to come I thought they were going to tell us they'd died but nope they wanted us to wait for day 5 transfer so don't give up hope cos what is happenin is normal for HC. They always book day 3 and see how the embies go.

Just try and relax now you have fertilised eggs after this you cannot do anything they go back in and then nature takes over so just enjoy the next couple of days xx

hi Gemz

Four is great. you have lots of chance now. did you have icsi? Don't worry about the abnormal ones think about the four healthy ones. You never know sometimes they move ladies to blast transfer when they see how they progress. x x x

Awww gemz :hugs: that's really good news. Eggs fertilise abnormally naturally too, hence a lot of early miscarriages, at least this way they check the progress of yours & pick the best ones to give you the best chance.

4 is really good, please focus on that and that you will be pupo in a few days, try and keep all your stresses to a minimum. I know it's hard, but you've come really far & have a great chance :thumbup:
stay positive sweetie :dust:
xx

Gemz 4 is great, you just need one healthy embryo. I got 12 eggs, 11 mature but only 3 fertilised and that was with ICSI. I was gutted at the time but look at me now. I had 3 day transfer of a 6 cell graded good and a 7 cell graded excellent. The third one only made it to 4 cells.
Try and relax for the next few days xx

That's great news gemz, was so pleased to read that. Have a nice few chilled days now before the next leg of the journey.
Have a nice weekend everyone .
Lots of love J x

Gemz.... Don't be gutted at all..... Out of my 11 eggs 6 fertilised... They would never expect all of them too. But a 3 day is fine, plenty of women go on to have a successful pregnancy with it. Please don't be upset. You have 4 little embies there! Some people don't get any fertilised which is heart breaking. Think positive ! It only takes one ! Xx

Yay Gems great news x Out of my 13 only 6 fertilised and I was secretly gutted at the time - that was with ICSI but just have to think some people dont get 6 eggs let alone 6 fertlised and likewise with 4 x keep positive x

Thx girls! Just the shock I suppose! I'm staying positive and thinking that web thou four were abnormal all did fertilise! Hubby has healthy sperm! I know about 3 day / 5 day thing is worrying about nothing, but the statistican in me says otherwise! Really need to lock her up! Just prying now that they'll all be ok and keep growing. Just IVF for us not ICIS

Thanks for the support all, roller coaster of emotions today!

It's worrying that they kept you on same dose especially after what happened last time. But I guess they must know what they are doing, but then why has it happened again? It's so frustrating, but having been thru it once, I can completely understand your frustrations.
I'm ok thanks! This is the most intense week! My test date is Tuesday, only 10 days, because we had a blastocyst. I know I am going to cave In and test before Tuesday, I think Sunday! Husband has said ok, he was determined to wait to Tuesday but I said he an watch the match on Sunday if I can test lol!! It was a winner!! He has been so good, we are both so excited but very nervous of it not working. Had a lot of pains and cramps yesterday and today lower back ache and loose bowels!!! Sorry for too much info!!! Xx

Hi jules78,

Hope your well! Are you still going to test tomorrow? I totally understand how you both must be feeling. That's what we're oth feeling. I'm trying to stay really positive but it's hard. Oooo I'm really excited for you and can't wait to hear your good news:happydance:

Hi everyone! Thanks for all our support yesterday I,m really grateful. Hope everyoneis well today. Gemz that's a great number - well done. So excited for you. This journey is so hard but with the help of people like all yous it doesn't seem that bad. I really hope we all get our wishes even though I may take a lot longer for some. I'm full of positive thoughts. (today anyway hee hee) I'm really looking forward for all the bpfs in the next few months xxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->