IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

hello ladies

well just had my phonecall and she said she doesnt see any reason why i cant have a 5 day transfer but she did it may get changed to a 3 day depending on how my embies grow. still had a negative test this morning so i guessing it will be tomorrow or saturday now im getting so close now and really excited :happydance::happydance:

Luara good luck with fert report today hun xxx

hello ladies

well just had my phonecall and she said she doesnt see any reason why i cant have a 5 day transfer but she did it may get changed to a 3 day depending on how my embies grow. still had a negative test this morning so i guessing it will be tomorrow or saturday now im getting so close now and really excited :happydance::happydance:

thanks hunny, realy nervous now!!!!!! good luck hun thats brill! xxxx:baby:
:dust:

Hi ladies

Goodluck Laura for today remember all you need is one little fighter so don't get too bogged down with numbers xxx

Nearly there Wrighty you must be dead excited.

LittlePee Good luck on stimms you should start to feel a little more human now.

I'm sorry you've had a setback AfricaQueen there's nothing worse than when someone messes up, People are really annoying they don't understand that your life is literally on hold xxxx

Hope everyone else is well xxxx

AFM no symptoms yet health wise I feel ok emotionally is a different story, I have decided if I do have to go again i'm not going through the womens it's so expensive and the fact they can't answer the phone to you or as in my case I had my embryo's put back a day early coz they don't open on a Sunday has really pissed me off and made the whole process 10 times more stressful. I think they are really good for NHS treatments but they don't even come close to private care. Anyways i'm just watching the Wright Stuff and the next topic is Is Infertility an Illness so I can see myself getting very annoyed xxxx

Hello All,

Thank you for replying.........So many questions to ask.

We start ICSI on the 18th, just wanted to know wat type of drugs ill be pt on, how many scans, how longs the process etc etc.

Partner has decreased sperm motility and all my tests clear, does any1 know any success with sperm motility.

Thanks again Guys xxx
x

Hi Montana84, From what I have experienced at the Womens when it's your 1st cycle of IVF/ICSI everyone goes on the same protocol the whole thing from starting injections to having embryo's transferred takes about 5-6 weeks. You start injections daily on about day 23 of your cycle this is to supress your hormones and to stop you from ovulating a sort of mini menopause about 3 weeks later you have a baseline scan to check that the lining of your womb is nice and thin and they will then tell you to start the stimming injection as well as the downreg so 2 injections a day. You will stay on these for about 10 days having a scan on day 7 and a scan on day 10 they will then advise you when your egg collection will be which is usually a couple of days later. I don't know about statistics when it comes to success with ICSI but everyone is different and if I've learnt anything it's that this process is a real lottery and it works for some and not others. Hope this helps, Try not to get to bogged down by medications and scan dates just go with the flow and it will all become clear when you start xxxx

Hi Bugs,

Thank you for reply. I feel a little less confused now. Im sure I will become an expert by the time we have finsihed on this journey.

xxxx

hiya girlies,

hope everyone is well,

well i had a phone call off the embryologist this morn and she said 8 out of 11 of my eggs have fertilised!!! :) but one is a lil slow developing so it may not turn into a blast! but the other 7 are good and progressin normally! we r soooooo made up!!!!!! they just have to hold on till saturday or monday now!!!!!! still dnt know for sure wot day transfer is yet but itl be one of them! just hope they keep growin into blastocysts!!!!!!

fingerz crossed!! :)

hope ur all good and wishing everyone good luck and BFP for 2011! xxxxxxxxxxxx

hi everyone hope everyone okay 2day!!!

laura thats great news i bet ur made up cant wait now till next wk 4 mine ur wish ur life away dont u by days.

well i start stimms 2night sick of injections now been on dr for 21 days cant belive how quick that as gone like but hey were getting there x

Hi ladies

Goodluck Laura for today remember all you need is one little fighter so don't get too bogged down with numbers xxx

Nearly there Wrighty you must be dead excited.

LittlePee Good luck on stimms you should start to feel a little more human now.

I'm sorry you've had a setback AfricaQueen there's nothing worse than when someone messes up, People are really annoying they don't understand that your life is literally on hold xxxx

Hope everyone else is well xxxx

AFM no symptoms yet health wise I feel ok emotionally is a different story, I have decided if I do have to go again i'm not going through the womens it's so expensive and the fact they can't answer the phone to you or as in my case I had my embryo's put back a day early coz they don't open on a Sunday has really pissed me off and made the whole process 10 times more stressful. I think they are really good for NHS treatments but they don't even come close to private care. Anyways i'm just watching the Wright Stuff and the next topic is Is Infertility an Illness so I can see myself getting very annoyed xxxx

bugs r u still on 2ww hun bet is doing ur head in how many days left before u test
and so what day did they do you et

Hello All,

Thank you for replying.........So many questions to ask.

We start ICSI on the 18th, just wanted to know wat type of drugs ill be pt on, how many scans, how longs the process etc etc.

Partner has decreased sperm motility and all my tests clear, does any1 know any success with sperm motility.

Thanks again Guys xxx
x

hi montana i wouldnt get bogged down to much with all drugs etc, when it came to my drug appointment i had a big bag full but u only use one at a time to start with simple really as bugs said just go with the flow it will all come i bet you cant wait good luck x

hello ladies

good luck wrightywales hope all goes well 4 u hun x

hiya girlies,

hope everyone is well,

well i had a phone call off the embryologist this morn and she said 8 out of 11 of my eggs have fertilised!!! :) but one is a lil slow developing so it may not turn into a blast! but the other 7 are good and progressin normally! we r soooooo made up!!!!!! they just have to hold on till saturday or monday now!!!!!! still dnt know for sure wot day transfer is yet but itl be one of them! just hope they keep growin into blastocysts!!!!!!

fingerz crossed!! :)

hope ur all good and wishing everyone good luck and BFP for 2011! xxxxxxxxxxxx

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: thats great news hun xx

Great news Laura!

I have called arrow park and told them that i cannot see any reason why i need to see a FS as there is no other way i can pregnant without IVF and should of been referred to LWH so a nurse is going to call me back after todays clinics. She said she cnt see why either.. weird! ah well il keep pushing and hopefully get somewhere sooner xxx

:hi: girls how are u all laura wow that sound good hun good luck x x x

hi guys am new to all this i had my eggs collected at liverpool on monday and im in alot of discomfort, how long should it last? x

hi foxeydevil

welcome to the thread hun. i do have to say everyone is different. some just have a few cramps. i was in alot of discomfort after both my EC for about 5/6 days till it started settling. i was very full though 24 eggs 1st round 35 eggs second round but 2nd also ended up with OHSS. how many embryos did you get hun? good luck with transfer if you havent had it already :dust:xx

hi guys am new to all this i had my eggs collected at liverpool on monday and im in alot of discomfort, how long should it last? x

hiya and welcome hun,
i had my egg collection on wednesday and i feel quite abit of discomfort, especially when i go the loo for a wee, coz i seem to tense my stomach! sorry if thats too much info!! but it kinda hurts abit. hope ur discomfort subsides abit in a few days hun! xx

Laura how exciting for you bein PUPO xx africanqueen how daft is that the same thing happened to me I waited 6 months to see my gnyo at local hospital just for him to refer me wasn't impressed :/ everyone else how are u all I've been at my all time lowest one thing after another. How's bugs getting on with her 2ww has anybody heard anything hope we all get our bfps we've been longin for this year xx I went to see a physcic last week she told me I wouldn't actually get to the stage of ivf I'd be pregnant before that hmmm I doubt that very much :/ xxx

hi wrightywales and laura25, the discomfort seems to improved alot over the past 24 hours, i found weeing really hard on monday and it hurts the most when i have a full bladder, hope u feel beta soon.have read it can last up to a week, yuk! i had 12 eggs collected and they all fertilised, liverpool rang me yesterday im goin in at 11am in the morning for et. this is my first attempt. im glad they didnt ask me to go in yesterday dont think i could have faced anythin poking around there yesterday but feel ok and ready for tomoz now. good luck ladies! when u goin in for et? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->