IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

I'd be the same bugs. I'm my own worst enemy with the internet I drive myself insane and ur so right wrightywales I think if u only have 2 to transfer then I'd want them in there an then but if I had 24 like u I'd want to go to blasto stage all this is very exciting I just wish I had started now I'm so impatient roll on 24th feb xx

wont be long now hun! xx:happydance:

hi girlies,
hope everyone is well,

The embyologist rang this morn and said we have 5 embies which are realy good now! :) but they cant work out which one is the best so they are gunna leave um till monday at 1.30 and hopefully find the best one! we are soooo excited hehe! xxx

wishing everyone babydust! xxxxxxxxx

:hi: girls how are u all well my opks are getting darker woopp and have some cramps and pains in my legs think o is not to far away now wow thats good laura good luck hun x x x

hey ladies, great news for ya laura bet your excited! ive had my et at 11.30 this morning. embryoligist said it was strong and ready for breaking out its shell for implanting. can do my test on 23rd so week and a half to wait. hope evrythin goes ok for everyone else. out the 11 fertilised eggs only 1 is suitable for freezing so hope everythin goes well coz cant afford 7500 quid a time. fingers crossed to us all xxx

hello ladeis

Laura - great news hun good luck for monday xx

Foxey - congrats on being pupo hun :happydance::happydance::happydance: xxx

Babysforbecky - wont be long hun you will soon start xx

AFM - the embryologist rang me today big surprise as i wasnt expecting them too at 6.15pm as well. i am down for a blasto transfer. she said she will take 10 out and thaw them if they dont all survive the thaw then they will take more out. she wants at least 10 to try for blast transfer. i was told today that only 1 will be transfered not the 2 like i had on all my other cycles/FETs. i was a little disappointed when she told me. if i do get to blasto and have any left they are going to freeze them again. i didnt know they did that.

:hi: girls good luck to all you will all get your :bfp:s woooppppp x x x

hello ladies

hope your all having a relaxing sunday

had first phone call 8.20 this morning for me to give my permission for embies to be thawed. had second at 10.20 they took 11 out and 10 survived they will ring me tuesday to let me know how they are doing and when transfer will be its still on cards that it might be 3 day but she said if there a few still going strong by that day they will leave them till thursday. :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: getting excited now not long to wait

aw thats good wrightywales well girls here's my opk yesterday and today's woopp ovulating :sex: is on the card for then next 3 day wooppppp

Attachments

• Photo-0125.jpg
    Photo-0125.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 7
hello Ladies,

I am new to this forum.

I have been reading all your posts for a few weeks and have found it a real help to see that Im not alone in my battle to become pregnant.

I am 24 and so is my partner we have been trying to conceive for two years with no luck.

my partner was tested and shown to have a Zero sperm count and so we have been refered to LWH.

We had our first appointment with Dr Lewis-Jones mid January and just had a general chat and since then I have had bloods taken by my own GP and my partner has had bloods, SA, and an ultrasound.

Our next appointment is the 1st March and we are just wondering what to expect?

Dr Lewis-Jones said that he thinks he will be offering my partner a testicular biopsy followed by ICSI as he had an operation when he was younger which the Dr believes has caused scarring causing a blockage.

If it is a blockage like he thinks and we are able to go for ICSI when do we go on the waiting list and how long will it take to start the ball rolling?? will this be soon after our March meeting or are there more tests to do??

sorry for the long post I have just been so confused about it all and I have so many questions that I wish I would have asked the Dr at out first consultation but my mind when blank.

Hi mrs positive so sorry u have to join us sure u will get all your answers here though my appointment is 24th feb we've had all tests etc my partners sperm is low morphology so we will prob have to have icsi too as far as I'm aware with the waitin list its not even weeks I think and hope we start ours the period after our appointment so not long at all hunni xxx hope everyone else is doing ok all seems good for everyone how exciting ur all an inspiration to me and keep me going xx

hello Ladies,

I am new to this forum.

I have been reading all your posts for a few weeks and have found it a real help to see that Im not alone in my battle to become pregnant.

I am 24 and so is my partner we have been trying to conceive for two years with no luck.

my partner was tested and shown to have a Zero sperm count and so we have been refered to LWH.

We had our first appointment with Dr Lewis-Jones mid January and just had a general chat and since then I have had bloods taken by my own GP and my partner has had bloods, SA, and an ultrasound.

Dr Lewis-Jones said that he thinks he will be offering my partner a testicular biopsy followed by ICSI as he had an operation when he was younger which the Dr believes has caused scarring causing a blockage.

If it is a blockage like he thinks and we are able to go for ICSI when do we go on the waiting list and how long will it take to start the ball rolling?? will this be soon after our March meeting or are there more tests to do??

sorry for the long post I have just been so confused about it all and I have so many questions that I wish I would have asked the Dr at out first consultation but my mind when blank.

hi hun and welcome to the thread

once we had all the tests back we started on my next cycle so not long at all. im sure we can help with some of the question you have but make sure you write down all the questions you have for your next appointment. it horrible when you get mind blank i was like that on our fist appointment. good luck with you forth coming treatment. xxx

Thanks for your reply.

I hope the wait isn't too long. I know it all depends on what the test results say I guess as he may not be producing sperm at all. We'll just have to wait and see.

I haven't spoken to anyone who has experienced the same thing as us in relation to my partner having no sperm at all in his ejaculate.

Everyone else seems to have low or poor mobility so Im more confused as to how the ICSI will work, If sperm needs to be taken directly from him first, seen as ejaculate semen will be no good.

will this procedure be done on the same day as the eggs are taken from me or do they carry out one testicular biopsy first to see if sperm can be found and if so start preparing my eggs and then when they are ready to remove carry out another testicular biopsy to use for the ICSI??

If anyone has experienced this I would love to hear how it works.

my hubby has azoospermia (no sperm) due to a genetical disorder so we have to use a donor for our treatment.

my hubby didnt have to have the sperm retrieval op as hubbys disorder was found through blood tests so not sure if it will be on the same day or if they do it before and freeze it sorry hun write it down something to defo ask at next appointment

hello ladies

had first phone call 8.20 this morning for me to give my permission for embies to be thawed. had second at 10.20 they took 11 out and 10 survived they will ring me tuesday to let me know how they are doing and when transfer will be its still on cards that it might be 3 day but she said if there a few still going strong by that day they will leave them till thursday. :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: getting excited now not long to wait

thats brill hunny! fingers crossed 4 ya xxxxx and lots of babydust :hugs:

hello ladies

thats brill hunny! fingers crossed 4 ya xxxxx and lots of babydust :hugs:

same to you hun xxxx :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

hello Ladies,

I am new to this forum.

hiya hun i am back at lwh on the 1st march at 12pm x x x

Wrightywales - Thanks for your reply, i will definitely need to write my questions down. Nice to hear that they started on your next cycle, I thought the wait would be much longer. My partners blood test results will determind our route then. Whether he has the genetic disorder or not I didn't know that the blood results would tell so much. I've learnt so much from being on here already. Thanks

caz & bob - my appointment is at 11.10 so I might see you there. Good luck for your appointment.

Wrightywales - Thanks for your reply, i will definitely need to write my questions down. Nice to hear that they started on your next cycle, I thought the wait would be much longer. My partners blood test results will determind our route then. Whether he has the genetic disorder or not I didn't know that the blood results would tell so much. I've learnt so much from being on here already. Thanks

caz & bob - my appointment is at 11.10 so I might see you there. Good luck for your appointment.

aw yes hun good luck with yours hun i am seeing mr kingsland x x x

Thanks for your reply.

I hope the wait isn't too long. I know it all depends on what the test results say I guess as he may not be producing sperm at all. We'll just have to wait and see.

I haven't spoken to anyone who has experienced the same thing as us in relation to my partner having no sperm at all in his ejaculate.

Everyone else seems to have low or poor mobility so Im more confused as to how the ICSI will work, If sperm needs to be taken directly from him first, seen as ejaculate semen will be no good.

will this procedure be done on the same day as the eggs are taken from me or do they carry out one testicular biopsy first to see if sperm can be found and if so start preparing my eggs and then when they are ready to remove carry out another testicular biopsy to use for the ICSI??

If anyone has experienced this I would love to hear how it works.

hi hun and welcome xx

i should of explained a little better hun it was other issues that made them do more extensive testing. hubby has small testies which turns out to be a symptom of his chromosome disorder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->