IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Gemz - even more mad cos my brother is having his wedding blessing the day before in France which looks like I'm going to miss. He legally got married 2 weeks ago in a registry office but having the big do on 22nd! Must be the weekend I weddings!

X

Haha!! How mental! My best friend was chief bridesmaid at our wedding 6 years ago, but because were going they ivf she didn't want to worry bout the wedding too, so as I was going to be her maid of honour, she's decided that it was going to be noone as she didn't want to replace me! So sweet! Big hugs to bestie!!

How you coping hun?! Are you getting fed up of the drugs?

Gemz - yes had melt down two nights ago cos I'd had enough injections I'm over them at this point but fx not much longer! I'm hoping another scan on mon and the hcg shot and EC on weds. We'll see if my body thinks the same, ha, ha!

I'm just worried that Im not feeling pains or anything stimmulating this time and that means I'm not going to have follies or eggs. Anyway no point worrying cos it won't help only got til tomorrow and we'll know x

MrsE I hope your scan goes ok. I never had any pains before first scan do doesn't necessarily mean anything. Fingers crossed for you x

Hey hun

My test is sunday! So far not even tempted to test!

Finding a willpower I didn't know existed!

I dont really know to be honest! Bit battered from it all really! My poor body doesn't know if it's coming or going so my mind is a bit stuffed!!

I think it's been a sucess one min and then a failure the next. We've agreed to test on Saturday fmu just as DH is going away for work on Sunday. What happens if it's positive phone up ad wait for a scan? And if its negative (god forbid it is) ddo we wait to see consultant?

They ask you to phone on the official test date not before, and let them know either way. We tested Sunday then did it again on the Tuesday and then called them.

Hang on in there, not long to go, I've got a good feeling ! Xxx

Gemz- Yes i can organize our lil meet if nobody minds? be lovely to all get together x

MrsE- Good luck and i hope you get some healthy eggs and embies x

Joanne- You will soon get the hang of the mixing. I was fine after a few. Glad the mock transfer went smoothly. Another hurdle out of the way for you x

Hi Lindy, Jules, Melbram, Laura and all the gang x

Hi all,

Gemz hows it going?

Well I've been naughty and tested yesterday and today and both negative :cry::cry: I'm praying that I've tested far too early. It's was 5dpt yesterday and six today. My boobs don't hurt they just look bigger so that's depressing me as I thought they are meant to hurt. Feel sick a bit but that must be down to the bum bullets. What's your thoughts?

Hope everyone is well and yipee it's Friday. Xxxxx

Hey Gemz and nababel..... When is test day ? Xx

Hi jules, it's on on Wednesday but not holding out much hope. My husband keeps telling me to be positive but it's very hard booooooo:cry:

How are things going with you?

Hi all,

Gemz hows it going?

Well I've been naughty and tested yesterday and today and both negative :cry::cry: I'm praying that I've tested far too early. It's was 5dpt yesterday and six today. My boobs don't hurt they just look bigger so that's depressing me as I thought they are meant to hurt. Feel sick a bit but that must be down to the bum bullets. What's your thoughts?

Nababel! Noooo! Don't test that early - from what I've read it's never accurate! Im still holding out! My OTD is Sunday, but I'm testing tomorrow so if it's a no then I've got a day with hubby otherwise, I'll be on my own all day Sunday as he's going away again for work! :( :cry:

My boobs are aching (not normally one of my AF symptoms) bloated (AF symptom) spots (sometimes) and back ache (not normally AF) do I've got no idea if it's worked! Praying to god its worked, but I was so negative and depressed and stressed early on that it could affect a positive result! :(

Nababel - it's too soon to get a proper result one or two days early then ok but just hang on now until otd.

Gemz - good luck for tomorrow!

Been for my scan today and I'm disappointed cos we've only got 4 follies, last time i had 9 but only day 8 rather than usual day 10 but the nurse was so negative I'm feeling doubly let down for my follies and now defo missing my brothers blessing next weekend so been crying. So got another scan on Monday see how we go but nurse said I'm unlikely to get anymore follicles now. Out of 9 follies I got 4 eggs so on that basis I may not get any eggs :(

Any idea on what I can do to encourage more?? Xx

Hi Nababel...
I think your too early to test, you dont start producing hcg hormone until day 6 which is tomorrow.
I used this as a guideline which is why i tested on day 9, hope it helps!
1dpt The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell
2dpt The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
3dpt The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation
4dpt Implantation continues
5dpt Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop
6dpt Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream
7dpt Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
8dpt Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
9dpt Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy

xxx

Hi Jules I've been referring to that guide too! So nervous for tomorrow now - I can't believe how quickly and slowly these 2 weeks have gone! :) fx for +ve result tomorrow for me!

Nababel it's waaaaaay too early to test!!! My boobs didnt hurt till a couple of days before otd and even then it was just twinges. In the days before there was no pain in them at all.

MrsE sorry you didn't get better news at your scan. My friend is currently cycling at the hc, she just had her scan and got 5 follies. I was looking at success stories with this many and there are lots of bfp's from a low number of follies. Your embryo quality was good last time so that's more important than quantity. I got 12 eggs but only three fertilised and we didn't go to blast, so remember miracles do happen xx

Hi all,

Gemz hows it going?

Nababel! Noooo! Don't test that early - from what I've read it's never accurate! Im still holding out! My OTD is Sunday, but I'm testing tomorrow so if it's a no then I've got a day with hubby otherwise, I'll be on my own all day Sunday as he's going away again for work! :( :cry:

My boobs are aching (not normally one of my AF symptoms) bloated (AF symptom) spots (sometimes) and back ache (not normally AF) do I've got no idea if it's worked! Praying to god its worked, but I was so negative and depressed and stressed early on that it could affect a positive result! :(

Good luck tomorrow gemz, how good that you haven't tested early. I wish I never did. I hope I have tested too early but can't help thinking the worst:cry::cry:

Nababel - it's too soon to get a proper result one or two days early then ok but just hang on now until otd.

Gemz - good luck for tomorrow!

Been for my scan today and I'm disappointed cos we've only got 4 follies, last time i had 9 but only day 8 rather than usual day 10 but the nurse was so negative I'm feeling doubly let down for my follies and now defo missing my brothers blessing next weekend so been crying. So got another scan on Monday see how we go but nurse said I'm unlikely to get anymore follicles now. Out of 9 follies I got 4 eggs so on that basis I may not get any eggs :(

Any idea on what I can do to encourage more?? Xx

Thanks mrse. Do you Sunday will be too early as well?

I grew more follicles inbetween my scans so there is still hope you' ll get more. I hope you start feeling better. Good luck for your next scan xxxxxxxx

Hi Nababel...
I think your too early to test, you dont start producing hcg hormone until day 6 which is tomorrow.
I used this as a guideline which is why i tested on day 9, hope it helps!
1dpt The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell
2dpt The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
3dpt The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation
4dpt Implantation continues
5dpt Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop
6dpt Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream
7dpt Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
8dpt Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
9dpt Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy

xxx

Thanks jules this has helped to calm down a lot. I've had really bad AF pains earlier but they've stopped now.

How you feeling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->