IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Jules- fabulous news!!! So identical twins- you only had 1 transferred?

Mrse- good luck for tomorrow.

AFM- scan went fine. She kept saying everything was textbook.... Except for when she wanted to get a pic for us. The bump went very camera shy!!

Hope everybody is doing well. Xx

Thanks Lindy! Yes identical - just the one - that was one mighty frostie!!! x

You take it easy and let those little ones snuggle in xxxx
Thrilled for you xx

Hi everyone, how are you all?
MrsE - good luck for tomorrow - hope you get lots of eggs! x
Nababel -Glad you are so positive.... keeping everything crossed for you. x
Gemz - How are you feeling? Are still with your husband? Hope your feeling a bit brighter xx
Lindy - how was your scan??! x

Sorry to anyone ive missed but we've had quite a 24 hours..... I started bleeding last night completely out of the blue. I was devastated. We rang the emergency room in the womens as the bleeding was quite heavy. They told us to come down and after waiting for a few hours finally got called in and the so called doctor said, yea it may be a miscarriage it might not be'... we were like EXCUSE ME?? There was no empathy about the fact we were IVF patients and to be told that that we MIGHT be losing our precious baby. They wouldnt even do a scan. We were both absolutely livid about how we were treated but we went home and the bleeding seemed to calm down. However rang the Hewitt first thing and luckily they asked us to come down for a scan. I was so relived. My scan was on tuesday anyway but there was no way I could have waited not knowing.
So we have our talk with the lady and she tries to prepare us that we might no tsee anything, im in floods wondering how we got to this point blah blah.
So I get on the bed and she has a look and the next thing she says, Congrats! There is your baby and there is the heartbeat - queue lots of tears!!! Then, she says, sorry im not seeing things am i? I laugh and say ' oh its not 2 is it haha!' she says...erm YES!!! Well i nearly fell off the bed ladies! There on the screen was 2 heartbeats, and they both measured the same size - 6 weeks 3 days. All this from one little frozen embryo!!! And even know we are still completely in shock. We've gone from thinking it was allover to finding out there are 2! So we have another scan next thursday because i bled. Good news was that she couldn't find anything that was causing the bleed and it seems to have stopped.
So thats my news... what a day! xxxx

Awww wow that's amazing Hun two ill miracles! Big congrats xxx

Wow Jules what amazing news :cloud9: :happydance: soooooo made up for you!!! Bet you can't believe it! Gives hope to the ladies on here with frozen embryos as well. I had bleeding at a similar point, it's v scary isn't it! I hear it's common but it's not nice. If you have been scanned and they can't see a bleed then all will be ok. They told me it was prob from implantation. Make sure you take it easy now xx

MrsE good luck for tomorrow x

Hi to everyone else :flower: x

Gemz - if you want an appt with dr Kingsland it generally is at least 6 wks but if you are happy to see another consultant then you can usually get in sooner. Cos Dr Kingsland is the head of the clinic plus he does a gyny out patients clinics hence why his time is more rare.

I'm knackered cos not slept properly for two nights and doubt I will tonight! There very early tomorrow so fx we get some eggies xx

Good luck for EC hunny, hope u get lots of lovely eggies! :thumbup: xxx

Wowo Jules that is fab news so happy for you!

Glad your scan went well Lindy x

mrse E thats awful, they are so insensitive sometimes I cant believe you had to through that. As if wasnt horrendous enough for you. I am going to write a complaint soon too, its not fair to be treated that way after everything you already go thru with IVF.

Gemz - No it was just the one embie - its split!! xx

Thats super fab!!! :) will they be identical then? Did twins run in your family?

Oh Jules. That's brilliant news, what a day you've had! Big hugs :hugs:
xx

Good luck for EC mrs.e :thumbup:
& glad the scan went well Lindy :yipee:
hope everyone else is doing well, sorry for the lack if personals I'm on my phone tonight :flower:
xx

Mrse. How did you get on today?

Hope everyone else is good xxxxxxxx

Hi ladies looks like my earlier post didn't post! How annoying. Anyway we got 2 eggs OH is over the moon, he was praying for 1 given I only had 4 follies so better than expected but I was bein greedy probably hoping to have 4! Await the dreaded call tomorrow now xx

:yipee: MrsE :yipee:
fingers crossed for tomorrow for you :hugs:
xx

I've just heard from OH's friend at work who were going through IVF at the HC, they got 2 eggs, 1 fertilised which they put back in at day 3, tested today &.... :bfp:
so so pleased for them, they've only told my OH at work that they were having treatment as they knew we had trouble.
A nice positive story for a Friday :yipee:
Really hope we get some more :bfp:'s on this thread very soon :hugs:
:flower:
xx

Jules- amazing news. you must be over the moon.

Mrse- good luck for your call tomorrow. i have my fingers crossed for you.
Gemz and Nabebel- sorry to hear about your news. when will you be having your frozen cycles?

hi to everyone else. sorry i haven't posted for a while i have been so busy with work. i have my follow up next week at care but doubt they will be able to shed any light.

have a good weekend everyone x x

Not foot news only 1 egg was mature when I got all 4 last time and the 1 good one was injected with grade a sperm but not doing what it should be by now. Said they would look again but if I don't hear from them by 3pm then they will request a fu appt.

We're decs stead cos last cycle went so well. Not sure where we go from here but think we need to have some more tests now - any suggestions?

Can't believe I've missed my brothers blessing and its my birthday tomorrow what a truly crap weekend 😥

Does anyone know if you qualify for nhs funding if you move into another pct. We're possibly moving so just wondering if that's an option cos where we may move has funding for 1 cycle of IVF in that pct? I know someone in London who did that and got about 3-4 cycles cos she moved into different boroughs, different docs but not sure if this is possible?

Hi mrse,

Sorry it's not good news. Will your embryo still be transferred? :hugs::hugs:

I'm unsure about other Areas sorry.

Hi to everyone else xxx

Afternoon everyone...
Keeping everything crossed for you mrse and thinking of u x
Gemz and Nababel how you both doing? This lovely sunshine today has made a nice plesant change : )
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->