IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Gemz I would ring and say you are unhappy with the timescales and ask who else is available and when they could see you. Then you can decide if you should wait, but I think it's awful that they give you an appointment so far in advance. I would see if you can see dr Russell, he's not a consultant but he's fab and really cares about your cycle being a success . A few of the other ladies on here have had good experiences with him xx

Thanks hun! I'll see what his PA says tomorrow and then take it from there. Didn't think it would be that long, was hoping to do our second cycle with our frozen embryo by then

Hi Sharkey sorry to hear your not having a great time of it right now - hoping the next 15 weeks go by quickly for you x Im planning on starting second cycle in Jan/Feb next year - want to give my body a few months to recover and thinking new year new start etc + it will be 2013 and 13 is my lucky number :wacko:

Gems: My FU was just with a nurse like all my appointments have been except for 1 x didnt get a lot of info from it - she couldnt answer half the questions I asked - I wanted to know about egg quality etc but she just kept saying I had a really good cycle and there was nothing of concern to tell me - I waited a month and a half for that appointment. You are in a different position because you have your little frosties so im sure you want your FU pretty sharpish to go through when you can start again and start preparing x like the other girlies have said give them a ring - Iv never had private appointments so not sure what the procedure is there

Has anyone used the IMSI machine thing yet? any feedback? when I went to my FU I expected to be told about this seen as we have a male factor problem but no nothing and she looking a bit suprised when I mentioned it x I want to use it next time

Hi girls hope everyone is ok this morning. Some advice would be great. Just got home to an appointment letter but its not til 18th December!!! Not very impressed. They've said to contact his PA tomorrow to see if it can be brought forward or look at privately. They've said there's others I can see but wouldn't know who. I've seen the matron once who was awful and I ended up complaining about her as she told me to go back to the Gp and get another referral to see a different gynaecologist for investigation following the trouble I had with my HSG and I've only see dr kingsland since! :( how long a wait did you encounter - did anyone go privately to speed it up? 3 monta between a failed cycle and a foll

My FU was ages after my cycle. I kept phoning and did get a sooner appointment. X

Ps my fu was with dr Russell. He was fabulous. Chose him over a consultant because he really does care. X

Hi all....
Gemz I saw dr Kingsland privately for our consultation, as we were just about to start but the nurse decided I needed to see him first....got the appointment through for 3 months later! It was 200 pounds, but we went in within the week, evening appointment too so handy.
Had my day 9 scan today and I've gone from 8 follies to about over 20 I think, is that normal to gain so many in 5 days? Need to grow a bit longer though so got more drugs and next scan wed and looking at Friday for EC. Is Friday a good day for EC? Lots of questions sorry!!
Love j x

Hi Jo

thanks for that - we may go private too. I had egg collection on a friday too, so you'll be in for either a 3 or 5 day transfer (so in other words they believe you'll get a good egg count) that's what i was told anyway. You'll definately not have a 2 day transfer as they're closed on sunday!

Gemz you need to have 3 bleeds before they let you go again anyway so bear that in mind before you shell out for a private consultation. Get what you can out of the NHS while you can. Sorry your cycle wasn't successful xxxx

Thanks Bugs - yeah i knew that too but by that point i'd have had nearly 5 as my cycle is only 24 days and we were hoping to try again around xmas as we can both have time off.

Gemz- Good luck with whatever u decide re your fu x

Bugs- How are u doing? nice to see u x

Hi to all the gang. I am officially wiped out! lol. Gonna go to bed and watch a film. Will post prop tomorrow xxx

Gemz maybe do as the others have said and try and see someone else instead at least it gets the ball rolling xxx

I'm good thanks AQ we get are immune results back from the states next week so hopefully that might shed some light on things. On a brighter note I went to see a spiritulist and I didn't tell him any of my issues and he kept telling me I'm gonna have twins and he named my grandparents and said there was 2 angel babies so I'll take any bit of hope and go with it. It's safe to say my wedding fund is gone but what's 1 day to a baby eh xxxx

Hope everyone else is well xxxx

Ah Bugs i pray u get your miracle and the test results shed some light on things. You are right. A wedding is one day. Its the marriage that matters and a lifetime of joy with your child ;-) i just hope with all my heart that 2013 brings us much joy xxx

Hi girls

Phoned the HC and no joy what so ever. His PA can't fit us in, if we see him privately we've been told that we'd lose our NHS treatment and there's no one else available until January. With this in mind were pretty devestated to be honest!

Updated: I've had a letter from the women's with regards to the complaint we made against the HCA following the HSG. They've asked us to come in to see director of nursing - how strange! Must have taken our complaint pretty serious even thou it was upheld! Bit strange I thought

Jo- good luck with the growing follies!

Bugs- great to see you on here! Wedding is a lovey day but I would use my last pennies to try and realise my dream of being a mum. Fx you get 1 or twins soon!

Likkle- did you ask about seeing one of the others? Keep calling asking for a cancellation.

Hi Lindy, yes I asked if we could be seen by anyone else and that's when they said everyone was booked up an appointments were now being made for january.

I would keep calling for cancellation. I did have to keep trying to get mine sooner. X

Thanks hun, they've said they'll phone me back tomorrow so will take it from there

I did not always hear back when they said so left it and extra day or two then chased them up. Good luck. X

Hello everyone....hope u r all well and enjoying this lovely rain!!
Had last scan today and booked in8am fri for EC : 0 ! Bit scared now, is the going to sleep bit and waking up ok? Also worried in case there's no eggs in there.
Got the hsg injection tonight, then no more tomorrow hurrah.
When do they tell you how many eggs you have?
Nite nite all x

Hey Jo

Good luck! They'll tell you after egg collection then you'll have a wait till the next day when they'll tell you how many fertilised

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->