IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hi ladies

Sorry had manic couple of days. Scan went well had 4 follies on right side and at least 3 very small ones on left so given the good to go so started injecting last night. Then had a call today to say we needed to have our viral tests (HIV, etc) done again cos expired on 23rd dec and HEFA insist on tests within 12 months! So cost us £240!! Cos need them back quickly before we have EC.

They said I will prob be having EC 14/15 or 16 jan in London. So got first scan to see how they're growing next weds night so fingers crossed xxx

Hope everyone else is good xx

All sounding very positive for you MrsE - will be keeping my fingers crossed xx

Hope everyone else is doing well today xx

MrsE- That is fab news! all sounds very positive! seems a bit of a money making scam regards the viral tests!! they could of advised you of that sooner surely?! thanks for thumbs up cos ours will be expired by the time we have next cycle so il go with DH to see our GP next wk and get ours sorted for free! xxx

All sounds good mrse. Fx for some lovely healthy eggs. Xxx

AQ I know but they did warn us in dec that once the clinic in London see our papers then may ask for them to be redone and by then it was fri before Christmas so little I could do until I knew! But yes anyone with test 12mths old get them retested cos HEFA will fine any clinics that don't have valid bloods! At this point though we've invested so much already that £240 at this stage is no big deal I've got the big ICSI bill to come later this month!

So feeling apprehensive and excited and optimistic but don't want to get my hopes up - I'm just a complex hormone mess it feels like but know its cos of our BFP that ended in MC and then last we didn't get to transfer so know idea how to feel this time. All new drugs so gamble again on how I respond to them just hope it works. Also I'm on a much lower dose 325 of gonal f and 155 of luveris. Apparently luveris helps stimulate and mature your eggs slowly through cycle so when you take your trigger shot to mature them you have a better chance of getting mature quality eggs. That's what I was told anyway.

AQ any date for your hysteroscopy and lap? Good luck it's nothin to worry about xx

I'm just glad it's 2013 to be honest 2012 had the happiest and saddest moments of my life so mixed views. Bring it on I say and let's ALL get our much longed for BFPs!!!!!!

Hi everyone just thought I would pop on and let you all know there is a programme on bbc4 on Monday night about the Hewitt Centre. X

Mrse hopefully they have learnt and adjusted from first go and this will be it. Fx for you xxxx

AQ-
Not long to go now to next cycle. Hope you are relaxing. Xx

MrsE- My hysteroscopy and lap are on 31st Jan. I have had 2 laps before so know what to expect but don't know if that's a good thing cos it bloody hurts after doesnt it! haha. Ah well got to be done. Best of luck with your cycle. You are bound to feel nervous and have mixed emotions but just keep in mind your AMH is 0.00 and you got a bfp! that is amazing. Gives me lots of hope and others on here im sure, so let it give you hope. Next bean is a sticky! ;-) x

Lovetoeatcake- Thanks for reminding me about that prog. Should be interesting. I think its what they were filming when we last had treatment there in March last year x

Lindy- I am not able to relax just yet tbh as very nervous of results from my lap and hysterocopy but once i know all is ok and im good to start again im sure then il feel better :) how are you doing? i cannot believe how fast your pregnancy has gone! x

Hi to all the gang xxx

MrsE: looking good :thumbup:

AQ: hope hysteroscopy goes well and you can move on to the next cycle without delay x

I will look forward to watching the documentary on Monday - will be interesting to see other people experiences.....on another note about documentaries an old colleague of mine is on Come Dine With Me tomorrow so that will be worth a watch too :haha:

When I attended my FU I was just told to ring the Centre when I wanted to start again. What happens when I ring? will there be another consultation or scans booked?

MrsE- My hysteroscopy and lap are on 31st Jan. I have had 2 laps before so know what to expect but don't know if that's a good thing cos it bloody hurts after doesnt it! haha. Ah well got to be done. Best of luck with your cycle. You are bound to feel nervous and have mixed emotions but just keep in mind your AMH is 0.00 and you got a bfp! that is amazing. Gives me lots of hope and others on here im sure, so let it give you hope. Next bean is a sticky! ;-) x

Lovetoeatcake- Thanks for reminding me about that prog. Should be interesting. I think its what they were filming when we last had treatment there in March last year x

Lindy- I am not able to relax just yet tbh as very nervous of results from my lap and hysterocopy but once i know all is ok and im good to start again im sure then il feel better :) how are you doing? i cannot believe how fast your pregnancy has gone! x

Hi to all the gang xxx

Try and use this time to relax and pamper yourself a little AQ. Don't want you going into next go exhausted. Hopefully you will get peace of mind after lap. I cannot believe how fast it has gone. It really has flown by. I am enjoying the build up and preparing but them i am like that with Christmas and holidays, I enjoy the excitement before hand.

Sending all you lovely ladies baby dust for those little embies to stick!! :thumbup:

Melbram- With our 2nd cycle we called them when we wanted to start again and they booked us in for telephone consult as we already obviously knew how to inject and everything an then our prescription came and we went from there with getting booked in for a scan etc as far as i remember. Good luck x

Lindy- Thanks hun. If im not calm enough by March we will put it back a mth. Determined to give this everything we have as it will be our last shot x

Hi to all the gang xxx

Hi Ladies,

Wondering if I could join you on this thread? Didn't even know it existed as I have been a member of Fertility Friend for a long time and although I have many friends across the pond..it gets a bit lonely as the time lapse is so big !!

My hubby and I have been TTC for 2yrs plus. We both have children to other ex partners but we thought two years ago we would love our own. Thinking it would be a doddle..we ploughed on, tried every method known to man !! Sought help from our GP, blasted my ovaries with Clomid (and were blessed with a beautiful big cyst for the effort !), and finally started our journey with LWH a year ago.

We had one failed IVF cycle in September which was quite a delay from our initial appointments but we were getting married abroad and wanted to make sure we were at home and free for all appointments etc. I didnt get very far as the cycle was cancelled.. 6 vials of fostimon after an excessive down regulation on Buserilin for 6 weeks. I only produced three follicles and none were viable !

We have a wonderful consultant, Mr Shaw, who is totally realistic and very supportive. I think we may have pushed for this cycle as he is not very optimistic and always talks us through not only the emotional side but the major cost as well !! We had our baseline scan on Thursday and I am now on a very short protocol, maximum Fostimon for ten days and several scans this week.

It was refreshing to see so many of you also going through the same emotions, heartache and successes which gives some solace through this major process.

I have taken some time out from work which is perhaps the mistake I made last time as my job is so stressful but the guilt of being off when I am not exactly 'sick' is making me a tad stressed! My hubby works nights so I am finding myself slightly emotional, crawling the walls and spending a Saturday night fending off the craving to 'feck it' and have a big glass of wine !

Sorry its a long post...you can tell I am delerious !! Just one question...does Fostimon make you very tired ? I have been confined to the house for the past 48 hours so I am not sure if it is pure boredom but I am sleeping terribly, horrendous dreams and throughout the day I am wiped. I didnt notice this the first time just the major emotional breakdown with Buserilin.

Thank you for listening..best wishes to all xxx

Hi Sammy and welcome to the thread :)

I will be starting my 3rd cycle of IVF in March and my hubby and i have no children.
I actually found Mr Shaw quite abrupt tbh but glad you find him helpful.
I prefer to deal with Mr Kingsland now after having 2 fails as he makes all the major decisions. Lots of luck for your next cycle and i hope you get a sibling for your LO xxx

Welcome to the thread Sammy :flower: Good luck with your cycle, keep us posted with how you get on x

thank you Susie and AQ (getting the forum speak already !) for your welcome.

AQ: now I think about it, Mr Shaw is very abrupt but I suppose that's what we both need at the minute, somebody who is very matter of fact and doesnt give us false hope.

Looking forward to seeing the documentary on Monday which is quite ironic as we are going for our next scan then too. Lets see if the Fostimon hasnt frazzled my ovaries ! Will let you know.

Wishing you all good luck too.

Gill (the dog is called Sammy..our only legitimate 'child' together) xx

Hi sammy. Good luck with your cycle. Really hope it works this time. X

Welcome Sammy and lots of luck! I had fostimone and don't remember any side effects, maybe just a bit tired. Clomid didn't work for me either, massive cyst too! I was put on fostimone as Dr Kingsland was worried about the stress on my overies and knew I wouldn't get many eggs. I was very lucky and got a positive first time, so really hope you have luck on it too.
Hope your treatment is going ok to Mrse.
Hi to all and Happy New Year...wishing you good health and happiness for 2013.
x x

Thanks Lindylou and Joanne....

And congratulations...lucky vibes always a good thing

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member